Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

2 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:

KJh sends SH a plant that has a good scent, he says she can run her fingers through it

Interesting contrast between WS and JH:

WS always sends SH flowers.  Cut flowers are pretty but, realistically, they are already dead and will fade soon.  JH gives her something that is alive; something that can grow and flourish.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, nikir said:

This is my first PBG drama.. started watching for SHK but man..PBG  is rocking all the emotional scenes.. can't wait to watch his other dramas.. PBG makes me feel what he feels in every emotional scene:kiss_wink:

@nikir

:love: I started appreciating SHK's acting in Encounter.

1 hour ago, ahdrianaa said:

Exactly. That’s the dilemma, add to that a dash of emotional blackmail by her mom.

@dukesa1122 he is crying because he is touched, he lied to her that the dinner was canceled but the night before he was actually worried about the choices before SH and how life would constantly throw Taekyung group in  her path. So when he opens the door expecting the old widow and sees SH, he knows the depth of SH’s action. Her showing up means she is choosing her love and life with JH over everything else.

@ahdrianaa

I love KJH&CSH's appreciation to each other.

30 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

The only thing I dislike about the drama, they keep eating!

Along with laughing,crying,smiling and squealing - I am constantly hungry when I watch this drama, it’s like my personal PMSing hell with crazy hormones. 

1 minute ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Ditto!!

I somehow craving chicken feet watching them eating that :lol:.. i absolutely need to try soju and chicken gizzards when i travel to seoul next week

@ahdrianaa @rosiepeonie188

Did you guys mean these food scenes?

PBG-family-eat.jpg

• Like 11
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Ditto!!

I somehow craving chicken feet watching them eating that :lol:.. i absolutely need to try soju and chicken gizzards when i travel to seoul next week

Amazing how this show gets to the tummy as well as to the heart!

.....but you know what is really frustrating?  I don't drink alcohol and I'm vegetarian.  I can watch all the stuff and wish to try it while knowing that it will never happen. <_<  Life is so unfair.  :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 10

About JWS,  initially I gave him the benefit of the doubt, that he loves CSH and just doesn’t know how to express it. But after ep 10, that guy is just a sel***h bas***d (pardon my language).  He could have given the video to CSH to help her out in the bad situation or even stop the bad situation from happening but instead he used it for his own gain.  But too bad for him, it backfired because great things came out of it.  

By by the way, I lost my bet on the bed scene, I was really hoping for “it” to happen darn!  :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 21

2 minutes ago, msbae81 said:

About JWS,  initially I gave him the benefit of the doubt, that he loves CSH and just doesn’t know how to express it. But after ep 10, that guy is just a sel***h bas***d (pardon my language).  He could have given the video to CSH to help her out in the bad situation or even stop the bad situation from happening but instead he used it for his own gain.  But too bad for him, it backfired because great things came out of it.  

By by the way, I lost my bet on the bed scene, I was really hoping for “it” to happen darn!  :D

But at least we got to see them being all sweet and silly and get some roundabout confirmation that tonight (unlike other nights) wasn't for making her all excited.  :D

• Like 12
  • LOL 3

On 1/7/2019 at 12:10 AM, dukesa1122 said:

You are quite right. When I heard both leads accepting the role, I worry that they are taking so much risks. This drama just touches a sensitive topic in our society hence the noise. Moreover, I have never ran into a kdrama who focuses so much on art and poems or even songs. :heart:

—————————————

I have a few observations and questions:

1) The New Year card that CSH distributed? Did she handwrite all of them or was it photocopied and then sent out to all the employees? Or did she just hand write the one for KJH? Because if she wrote evey single card, well, I guess it will take her mind off KJH because they were at a stand still then. 

2) I just want to add that i like the fact that almost everytime when KJH and CSH are out on a date, KJH always pays for it. It is a subtle thing but it explains alot about he can spend for his woman and not the other way around just because he has CEO  for a girlfriend.

3) In the last episode when KJH was in the garden. He was alone. No one was there. Then who turned on all the lights? :joy:

KJH pulled up the centralized transformer of the mansion.:lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I can't believe she really fell asleep. She must have been very, very tired. ;)

She was pretending, the scene didn’t end there :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 18

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

A translation of the bed scene.

SH: You should go now. I won’t be able to sleep even more.
JH: Move to the side a bit. Quickly. Quickly.
SH: Oh. Oh. Oh. (as she’s moving)
JH: Whoa. Wow. The mattress is very nice.
SH: Oh, I won’t be able to sleep even more! You bother me.
JH: Oh, but I’m behaving so well here, so why would it bother you? That’s so unfair.
SH: OH, just drink a cup of tea and then go. Get up.
(JH leans her back down on the bed.)
JH: I had restrained myself before, and I’m going to restrain myself here, too.
SH: I was really tired today, but since Jin Hyuk-shi keeps acting like this, I keep becoming more awake. Oh, you’re heavy. Move over. (pushing him off)
JH: (turning over as SH sits up again) The night is so cold, and I come all the way over here and she won’t even let me sleep over. I’ve even lost the title of the Human Sleeping Pill. (smirks a bit) But, this really is  comfortable. It feels like my place. (meaning the side of the bed he’s lying in)
SH: Even when Secretary Jang comes over, we don’t share the same bed. This bed has never slept two people, not even once.
JH: It’s just that it’s finally met its owner. (meaning the space he’s claiming is his) Oh, it’s nice. I think I’ll sleep really well. I may fall asleep first.
SH: Oh, before you fall asleep, hurry up and get up. Huh? Huh? Oh, hurry! Hurry up and go!
(JH puts his arm around SH to lay her back down in his arms.)
JH: Don’t get all thrilled, and just hurry and go to sleep.
SH: Thri-? I have no words. Oh, really. (starts to get up in a huff, but JH pulls her back down)
JH: Just stay like this for a little while. I’m in a very good mood right now.
JH: If we could fall asleep like this every day, that would be so good. Someday, we will be able to do that, won’t we? (SH stays quiet)
JH: What’s this? Why is there no response?
SH: Because I’m imagining it, and I like it.

This may not be all heavy on passion, but it is just too cute. Acting somewhere between being a new flirty couple and a comfortably established couple.  I can't believe both of them really fell asleep. They must have been very, very tired. ;)

Oh thank you for translating it all!! :heart::heart::heart:

The little bit at the end where he put up the pretend microphone so he could hear her reply was too cute.  Now if only Secretary Jang and DaeChan could get on the same page lol. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@ahdrianaa Encounter episode 6 chairman Kim and JH.png 

In this episode, JH is already compared to a dog. These words caught my attention because in the same sentence, we have two animals: dog and chicken. Here the chicken could be perceived as a metaphor for CSH, another illustration that the bird embodies CSH. However, the word "dog" and "chicken" have a negative connotation here: they are considered as inferior and unsophisticated. Moreover, the dog chasing the chicken reinforces the idea that JH is a wild beast and the chicken is a victim. Yet like the painting you showed, the dog is also linked to positive associations: friendship, companionship, loyalty and protection. Here again, we see another illustration between the fight between the natur and the modern civilization (money means everything and allows to do what you want, even being rude)  

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

DRAMA: Boyfriend Ep. 12

Original Article: [sports seoul] 'Boyfriend' Song Hyekyo, Gives Up Hotel + Family, Chooses Park Bogum

0000464742_001_20190110232930984.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-10%2Bat%2B10.45.22%2BPM.png
1. +1956, -67 This is truly the end of a melo drama, today's ending haaa
2. +1401, -32 I want to cry because of Park Bogum's face during the ending ㅠㅠㅠ There's no exit ㅠㅠㅠ I'm touched by Suhyun-ie's bravery and I can totally feel Jinhyuk-ie's gaze ㅜㅠㅠ Their acting is seriously goodㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. +611, -18 There's seriously no way out. Jinhyuk-ah.
4.+268, -2 I was so touched that Park Bogum was considerate enough to not force his girlfriend to make a difficult decisionㅜ He's seriously a nice man......
5.+34, -0 The ending did everything today, when Park Bogum cried my heart exploded ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6.+22, -2 What to do, there's no way out ㅠㅠ
7.+13, -0 Song Hyekyo's and Park Bogum's acting is really goodㅎㅎ

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

This episode i think is all about CSH showing his support for KJH. Though it started in last part of episode 9 i think when she drove all the way to sokcho. It's all about CSH's feelings for KJH..sacrifices, effort, and finally making a choice

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

And viu just uploaded it!!! This was by far the earliest episode to be uploaded in our timezone ahahaha

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1