[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, orangememory said:

As the drama comes to what I hope will be a solid, impactful end- I'd just like to sit back and think how solidly the drama delivered on the acting. The casting director was supremely on point with all lead, secondary and minor characters. A brief summary of my thoughts on the casting- starting with the secondary characters:

The evil Kims & cronies: No good drama succeeds without a believable and strong antagonist, and the entire Kim Clan delivers.

- PM Kim Heon is an amazing antagonist, he isn't comically evil, cackling and plotting. He's quiet, dignified and speaks in metaphors- while scheming brilliantly underneath. Even when defeated and desperate, he doesn't give a thing away. Only someone like Cheon Ho Jin could have brought gravitas to this character.

- Minister Dumb and Dumber: The two Kim mouthpieces are also very well-done. Their stupidity at scheming, plus the comically evil fishy beard Minister is extremely entertaining. Kudos.

- The Evil Queen- What a performance! She's a straight up comically evil richard simmons, so consumed by her own power, but so vulnerable and seeking approval from her own father (oooh, her expression when PM Kim told her to shut up without honorifics). Han Soo Yeon should take a bow- I love how she uses her eyes- they're always popping out with her anger.

- The White Clouds Traitor- A short role, but impactful nevertheless. The actor was really great in ep 15, when you could see how jaded he was and only worked for money- even taunting BY.

The Palace Personnel: Any sageuk also needs the ver large cast of Palace personnel, who provide to be the eyes and ears of our main cast- and play invaluable roles themselves:

- Eununch Jang: I really, really adore him. Lee Jun Hyeok is so hilarious in the character, resigned to his crazy CP, but always protecting him and being a fatherly figure. I would have loved some more bro moments between them. I think their bond is only rivaled by the Head Eununch in TMETS with Lee Hwon.

- Eununch Sung: Omo, I adore his acting. He's so petty, childish, in cahoots with the Queen, and his gossipy voice is hilarious! he's like the Palace busybody, always on the rumour mill. +1 to this actor

- Eununch Ma: The actor very nicely took his role from self-serving richard simmons to heartbroken lover. And glad he came full circle by helping RO.

- Wol Hee: Short but cute performance, especially her interactions with Princess Myeong in.

- Head Eununch Han: We could never expect that this quiet observer was instrumental behind the scenes, deciding to change the fate of the nation. A dignified, extremely stellar perflrmance- particularly switching between the dignified servant to avenging White Clouds leader. I would love to see this gentleman in an outright evil role.

- The two little Eununch friends of RO: How adorable are they- with one's knowledge of Poison, and the others terrible puns, and they're so loyal to RO. I love how the knowledge of Poison was shown as primitive botox, then used in another episode!

Special mention to the senior Court Lady Kim Heon killed, in a few sentences, you could feel how strong and righteous she was.

The Royal Family:

- The Weak King: Again, brilliant performance by the actor. We're all truly pissed with the King. His indecisiveness, his stupidity and his painful nightmares truly come alive in the actors face. His face always manages to convey exactly how incompetent the King is, despite loving his son greatly.

- Princess Myeong un: Omo, Jung Hye Sung is so cute! She's so childish, cute and so happy! :D A little bright spot in this show.

- Princess Yeong-un: We've to watch out for this little girl, she plain stole our hearts with her silent performance, the depiction of trauma and anguish. Apparently, they've liked her so much here that she's been signed up for another Kdrama, where she plays a child with a serious brain ailment. 

- Suk-Hui & The Dead Queen: Short, but extremely impressive performances by veteran actresses. I love how Suk-Hui mama's love story with the King was shown, how he chose to protect her and she still loved him. Also extremely well-done role of the Dead Queen- she's such a joy to CP, teaching him happiness, music and breaking the confines of a Royal Family member. Lovely little piece.

- Young CP: Again, the kids in the drama are so sweet! The kid actor is warm, and endearing and so cute when playing with mom or friends. :)

Other Supporting Casts:

- Ra On's mother: I love this actress as a mom! She was the mom in Sassy Go Go, and Kang Ha Neul's mom in Angel Eyes. I adored her in Angel Eyes, she is actually very very cute (though she is made up to be more plain here). She's actually quite similar in face shape and a few features to KYJ and can totally pass off for her mom. I love her acting in this role too- anguished for her daughter, alwyas trying to protect her while living in the shadow of her larger-than-life Husband.

- Teacher DaSan: One word- Ahn Nae Sang. He was born to be in influential roles- loved him in TMETS and Sungkyungwan Scandal. He has this wise appearance, and his use of sly metaphors to shape CP's strategies is gold. 

- Hong Kyung Nae: Omo, 1 episode and this actor left such a blazing impact. What an actor, only Princess Yeong Un was able to leave such an impact. His angry, bitter revolutionary face, how he withstood the interrogation, being blatant about corruption, and also taking CP's case. Very very impactful!

- Young RO: Nice acting- you can see how the actress shows her childish anger to be forced to wear a boys clothes and her pain at not being able to play with the other girls.

- Young Master Jung: This actor kills at comic roles, if not mistaken, he was Kim Poong Ho in She was Pretty. His intelligence is nice, but his cute nervousness in love is adorable with a capital A! And also, that line- where he lives the Princess for how she looks- and adored her chubby cheeks and not the sharp curves. Awwwww! Another little bright spot.

- Master Jung's servant: Omk, this guy caught my attention- he was so funny! Especially when trying to convey to RO what Master Jung was saying. I secretly wanted to ship him and Wol Hee together. I wish he got an extended appearance.

- Little Lantern Girl: She was so sweet, and earnest, especially when just refusing to take Yeong's money because she didn't beg. Nice kid!

- Evil Chinese Envoy: When a character actually makes you feel uncomfortable with his slimy, disgusting countenance, you know the actor has sold that role to you. Kudos to him too.

Special mention to the Gibang House madam, you could see how pitiful she is, and how much she genuinely cares for her evil Queen daughter. 

That was a long post, Whew! Feel free to add anyone you think I missed! :D

your post is great, thanks! i highlighted the part on Eunuch Jang.  i especially love Eunuch Jang.  I agree that it's a parallel relationship of the CP and the Head Eunuch in TMETS. they have such a good relationship, almost a father figure to this one we have on MDBC.  such things really adds up to the appeal in the drama.  It is my wish to see Eunuch Jang with CP, BY, RO and YS in one frame.  Alive and happy!

• Like 17

The painful tear_  the nation you will make “In order for that to happen, I’ll need your help.”image.gif

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2016-10-17-22h59m33s489_zps8laezgurumi17-00089.jpg

Goodbye which is not goodbye  her eye and his is filled with tears as she was dragged away "i want to hold you but i cant "image.gif

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2016-10-17-22h58m45s568_zpsr0o7hvlcsnap-2016-10-17-22h58m48s858_zpszikc5

“Do not forget. If I only had one person in the world that I could trust, it would still be you.” Yeong and Yoonsung crying for byung yeon ahhhhimage.gif

Spoiler

gurumi17-00145.jpgvlcsnap-2016-10-17-23h04m24s097_zpspiyxt

Yeong is longing for Ra-on Byung yeon is alive but nothing is the same mess .mess. everywhereimage.gif

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2016-10-17-23h12m36s693_zpscp8uwgurumi17-00460.jpg

DnpEcHf.png 

.E17.161017.1080i.HDTV.H264.AC3-ARTEMIS.

Yeong and Yoon-sung watching the moon

“Is that why we could only amount to this much? You, Byung-yeon, and me. Why is it that we cannot but fight?” image.gif

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2016-10-17-23h20m52s619_zps6rqfcgurumi17-00841.jpg

as for Lady Ha yeon image.gif you want to stay by CP side till the end why you not look around why do yo have to give him thatimage.gif he is already heat broken  i am sure Lady Ha yeon doent know anything

Spoiler

gurumi17-00911.jpggurumi17-00956.jpggurumi17-00924.jpg

Ha yeon's facial reaction it was me the end of Epimage.gif

• Like 13

I enjoyed watching CP in his action scenes, so manly and suave, as though he really is a pugilist, good job PBG! 

With CP now down with poison waiting for Raon to resuscitate him with her kiss of life, I dont suppose there will be a chance to watch him again in action, luckily there is a replay function and did I thank all these clever IT folks who came up with all sorts of drama apps so that we can rewatch any episodes we like :D

IMG_4142_zpspk6qfypl.jpg

• Like 15

mixed emotion for tonight's episode..though I can't be with you chingus during live streaming..hope for the best..& we may get a satisfying ending..:blush:

excited for another kiss..grrrrrrrrr 100% sure we will get one..I've got to give up the bedscene...hmmmm but only 90% giving up that idea..lolllzzzzz sorry folks..I can't help it..it's my mind whose doing all the dirty stuff!!:P

• Like 17

43 minutes ago, gwkzz said:

Why was Raon wearing that palace maid’s handbok as can be seen in instagram? Remember the scene when we saw palace maids brewing things and then there was a shot of someone in a blue skirt standing in front of one particular pot? That should be Raon. She was the one who put “poison” in the potion as per direction of, who else, our Master Dasan. Earlier episodes had shown that Dasan was a master of potions and herbal remedies, hence his excuse for not going back to the palace when CP asked him to was because he had to take care of sick peoples. Other scene was when he examined the “poisoning” case of the King, and gave CP his advice about it. So yes, it should be him behind this poison scheme. Faking his death is part of his bigger plan to topple the corrupt Kim’s governance

I would like to believe this theory as well.. I remember CP conversation with teacher dasan that he will need him to fill the "hole" in the palace.. so maybe the hole he's talking about is during the time he passed out..

• Like 8

‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ hits record-high viewer ratings

Updated : October 18 2016
A-
A+

(KBS 2TV)
KBS 2TV’s period series “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” hit record-high national viewership ratings for its 17th episode Monday, reaching 23.3 percent, according to data from market researcher Nielsen Korea. 

The show’s 16th episode had seen ratings of 18.8 percent, while its 9th episode had come close to the new record, at 21.3 percent.

Local media speculated that the series’ viewership rose partly because rival channel SBS had chosen not to air its period series “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo,” broadcasting a baseball game instead. 

The final episode of “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds,” starring Park Bo-gum and Kim Yoo-jung, will air Tuesday at 10 p.m.

(KBS 2TV)

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201610181735362038544_2

• Like 10

16 hours ago, MinLyn said:

@nonski, we missed you last night. Don't mention it coz it seems like a couple of us were waiting for your roll call as usual and I thought you were probably tied down with work, so I decided to help out with the roll call for last night. 

:) Do hope you are recovering well and you will be able to join us in the live streaming for the finale episode tonight. Thanks for always leading us in the call and for taking the time to be with us even though you're unwell. 

Wow! The ratings for last night was just daebak! With the secret dealings of the Kim clan ministers being unveiled, the planned moves made by our Crown Prince to be rid of the corrupted court officials and definitely, not forgetting the touching bromance scene between Lee-Yeong and Kim-Hyung which has definitely brought tears to my eyes too. Just as I also love watching Yoon-sung's bromance scene with Yeong too. I can fully understand why last night's episode garnered such high ratings.

@Ahpheng chingu, as always, it's been great fun having you on the same thread again. Hehe...at least I do know we will be meeting again soon on the next drama thread. Perhaps, in the upcoming Park Bo-young drama...Thanks for alll the awesome c-strips that you have created for our favorite drama and our OTP! Yeah, it's gonna be our last PT job on this thread tonight so like what @nonski has mentioned earlier, let's end our final episode with a big babg!

@Jillia, @stroppyse and other Moonlighters here,  thanks for all your insightful posts and analysis made about the drama and its characters. Thanks to all the Moionlighters who have created the beautifully made gifs, pics, fan art and posters of our favorite drama and our leading cast. Last but not least, thanks to all Moonlighters who have contributed to this thread in one way or another. 

Thank you all for making my stay here an enjoyable and wonderful one. Hope we will meet again real soon on another drama thread! :)

@denarvie @jeonghyang @sebnem @lovehbhjw2013 @Bambiina @iamia @bebe1989 @Jillia @syeramy @browngirl @_Nachan07 @Yongzura @mujay @i.am.bugz.funny @mooomoo @Naruto_7th_Hokage @Ahpheng @YeuBacMou @moodypie @valsava @alekaonu @ruzikie @Nodame @angelangie @herlina28 @kaqueski @Lawyerh @spidy08 @egp @limkopi @Luc- @xoxgossipgirl @gf sherry @dahae2006 @JexxaS @ahappygoluckygirl0918 @honeywell @intanr @sojisoban @JackieOnTheRocks @pyoyong @enilec_15 @WildDivine69 @alekaonu @uglypearl @minsunie @BiggyQ @be99lle @tikasari @nambunny373 @4nnlov3pink @kyonkichi78 @sharone_pink @cutekimichan @thephamle @tiendoank @akikisetsu @mecattsumori @missjang @darafangirl29 @ireumimolla @anne1101 @Gummy Ting @thexilent13 @st4rdust @tianaa @MiAmour @realistic2280 @sara2908 @Niki Azia @Niki-Forever @a15t3 @dramafansg @NRGchick @sunflower001 @lightforyou22 @baloi @boredahjumma @azuwaza163 @myutaa @salz @wen5471 @shiraru @Koorisuto @febz @theresaang @parmma @snoopwen @yuuinokokoro @lismaknae @USAFarmgirl @missjjang @ilmare @thea2410 @nataliakay @wen5471 @ayu_2905 @angelineong @mdbcsuperfan @Phuong Dinh @simsimida @katalinababby @charliew @ruuuuthpft @nurlayla @anya77 @babysiew @jilyheidi @febz @Herfiliana Tanudiredja @Mei Lee @martina123 @daynci @chocolatepie @limitedsin25 @boyoo4lyf @lorac529 @azuwaza163 @imRetard @PeachyPeach @hairuchii @Nudafu @Earth2KatyD117 @erxmeeza @uripuppies @ricerascal67 @daynci @mai5116 @myicecreamcakexoxo @totesinluv @rhiesta @in00022 @zee0123 @princessbelle1022@Kissy13 @jellybook @stroppyse @snowglobe147 @parisonheaven

P.S. Credit goes to @nonski for the compilation List of all the Moonlighters hrere. See ya all later tonight! :lol:

so thankful for everyone here..so happy that I've got to have a Family Moonlighters!!so proud of guys..this thread is so meaningful..hope our path will cross again..one way or another..according to Ra On "a proper farewell is as sincere as love" though were down to last episode tonight..let me say my proper farewell this time..THANK YOU FOR STAYING & SUPPORTING!!TRULY LOVE YOU ALL!!:bawling::heart:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kkwattana said:

Just have a question: Last night EP ( ep17) - Anyone knows why CP went to Gisaeng's house? My streaming was bad and it kept jumping and stopping last night so I have not got a clue why he went there?

ps: sorry if someone has asked and the answer was given, I could not backread it, too many pages, this thread is so popular.

CP used his trips to Gisaeng's House as a cover-up for  1. his investigation of the 2 ministers involvement in the attempted assassination of him  2. To visit his sick fren BY recuperating somewhere secret. 

While he was there he discovered the EQ's baby gal.

• Like 8

@nonski, thank you for your comment and appreciation! I love Eununch Jang too! I would love to see a scene where he sees RaOn in female attire and chides himself for being blind, and also a scene where he runs behind ahem, a new little toddler CP, after CP and RO procreate and give us beautiful puppies/babies.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, gwkzz said:

My second post on soompi here as I had been lurking for too long. A little bit long post, but please bear with me....

Okay. One thing for sure: this drama has raised the bar soaring high to the moon for other fusion sageuk to compete. The storyline, the characterizations, and the total feel of it were just amazingly in the right places. The plot was very well thought of from beginning to end, so only now it make sense why the PD refused to extend the episodes. The twists were so twisted that nobody saw them coming, but when they came, oh boy they left us with nothing but a hunger for more stories to unfold. Their attention to detail was also something to be highly complimented, but I will stop about it here. Probably will write later about their details that I adored so much.

So, from the feel of episode 17, I sense that the clouds covering the moon were started to move ever so slowly, allowing the moonlight to reach earth again. In this episode we see how the plan from CP taking places here and there with satisfying results so far. It is soooo good to see how our CP taking actions, being the same Lee Yeong we saw in the beginning of the drama, but with a more mature sense of authority and intellect. “When you are sad, you doubt everything” were Raon’s words, and with this in mind, we can see that he was not sad anymore. He was determined, more than anything, to do the right thing not only for the palace, but for his country and, more importantly than ever, the people. The CP is back, and he was there to stay until that evil PM Kim Hun evicted for good. CP won’t die as this easily. And why?

Why was Raon wearing that palace maid’s handbok as can be seen in instagram? Remember the scene when we saw palace maids brewing things and then there was a shot of someone in a blue skirt standing in front of one particular pot? That should be Raon. She was the one who put “poison” in the potion as per direction of, who else, our Master Dasan. Earlier episodes had shown that Dasan was a master of potions and herbal remedies, hence his excuse for not going back to the palace when CP asked him to was because he had to take care of sick peoples. Other scene was when he examined the “poisoning” case of the King, and gave CP his advice about it. So yes, it should be him behind this poison scheme. Faking his death is part of his bigger plan to topple the corrupt Kim’s governance. And his death is something we almost kind of expected, because somehow we know that he won’t be dead in the end, do we not? But if CP resurrection did not happen in episode 18, then I will personally write letters of exile for writer-nim and PD-nim to an isolated island in the Antarctic so they can swim with the penguins hahaha

And I also think that HY now was also an accomplice to CP, helping him with this scheme and the baby thing, although probably without a clue as to who that baby girl was or that she has got to watch him “died”. I think CP now already trusted her and included her as “his persons” because he saw her sincere intention, especially since she already told him that she knew whom CP was in love with and taking that fact with a big heart. She was sincere when she said that she will forever be by his side, no more as a political deal, but just as a friend. So, for HY haters out there, please be nice to me and throw those tomatoes gently *humbly bow*

Does this mean that we will get the happy ending we all craving for? Yep, I think so. The bombastic dance at the beginning of everything was the very proof that they had no intention whatsoever to make this drama sad and heavy. The teaser with all those modern paraphernalia among the hanbok-wearing cast was also a premonition of how this wonderful fusion sageuk was going to be.

All I can do now is to cross my finger and hope dramagod to be nice to me just this once. Hehe.

WOW... Can I shamelessly quote some of your thoughts, brilliantly expressed in your post? About Ra On and Dasan, I also thought about that. Might not exactly as Ra On who put the 'poison' but CP is the one that planned this with Dasan. Maybe some magical herbs that can caused deathlike symptoms. You know the drill... 

As for HY, I share the exact same sentiment. Maybe not to the extent of saying she has a big heart ;), but I think she is CP's accomplice. Proven by the way she talked to the queen... 'She was so cute when I first saw her, so I asked His Highness to let me bring her here.' 'Please take a look. Is she not very pretty?' What's with shoving the baby under the queen's nose. [ @pyoyong ah... You know I love you right? I am still a part of your BLUE TEAM, right? I can help kill evil queen for you :)] [ @Bambiina You know I love you the most, right? B)]

And don't worry... we will have our happy ending... One way or another... Moonlighters FIGHTING...

• Like 9

1 hour ago, NRGchick said:

And I have hope that the story is a fictionalised account as stated in this disclaimer so it means more creative interpretation and not necessarily following history. 

Even though I KNEW what was ahead......

I still cried during BY's scene.... :tears::bawling:

and CP with his whisper...

And I swear PD nim - please no more crying for our CP! My heart just felt wrenched from my chest as he held BY.

The lantern scene! It shows that the script was already set and it's not really writing the script on the go. The writer has already laid out the way the story was headed. 

The Queen was excellent in Ep 17 - you could see that she has some feelings for her real baby and she must be thinking about how her child's circumstances may mirror hers if she was raised in a kibang. When she talked with YS - YS told her to confess on her own. I wonder if she will really do that. SHe reminds me of a tightly drawn bow about to snap. 

The scene where CP and Ra On (separately) went to see their dearest Kim Hyung. Almost started crying then too.

Dumb and Dumber's downfall - I was saying wait for it, wait for it, you smirking catfish! 

Then when the Queen saw her baby......

Th scene when Kim Hyung was well enough to meet CP - it reminded me of a first date where Kim Hyung was feeling awkward. And with these words, I fell in love with CP all over again. 

The awesome scene between the PM and the Queen. I have to admit that PM KIm is strong in his convictions and determination to achieve his goal. He has never wavered in his ultimate goal of placing a Kim on the throne. 

The talk between YS and CP had a sense of foreboding and I think I will need to save some tears for tonight. 

At the end I hope that CP's wish comes true...

drink_zpsarveqyge.gif

And including YS in their drinking party. 

Putting HCY's song on repeat as I type this.

I hope to hear Soyou and Yoo Seung Woo's song in tonight's episode as the title will seem fitting. 

EDIT: And I have to emphasise that this was definitely NOT a boring episode. Seeing CP put his plans into action and trying to protect his loved ones. Seeing the slow fall of the Kim Clan and how the Queen is stepping up. The hour went by without me noticing. Hallmark of a good episode!

Totally agree with your statements above!

If it were a boring episode, if this drama were just a so-so drama, I wouldn't bother to even lurk in this thread.

Btw, I intentionally kept that picture of LY-BYcause I really loved that scene. KDY shone so bright as BY there. I can feel his awkwardness in the first couple of minutes, the way he sat anxiously apart from LY, nervously grabbing his clothes. I wanted to jump into my screen and give him a big bear hug. Kim Hyung, I love you! Eh but I love you even more, Lee Yeong-ah.

PS.

You must have read my mind! I was also thinking it'd be nice to have SoYou and SeungWoo's upbeat number "No Sleep" as BGM again after a string of heavy episodes. Lol the title "No Sleep" only fuels my off-colour imaginations for the OTP's ultimate reunion :D

• Like 14