[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

5 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Iirc it was slightly mentioned by Seo Dan... She had a crush on him since middle school and asked her family to arrange engagement with the son of Director Ri. Seo Dan's mom also mentioned that they picked the second son, instead of the first son... Seo Dan stopped her from talking, but we can get the gist that it's per Seo Dan's request. I think the arrangement happened when Jeong Hyeok was in Switzerland, because there's one scene where they 'met' there, Jeong Hyeok acknowledged her, "Oh, you're Seo Dan. I HEARD from my dad [about her and the engagement]. Nice to meet you." He was just whatever with the engagement and perhaps viewed it as a familial obligation. After his brother's death, didn't Jeong Hyeok promise himself that he would just 'live without fun and without loving anyone'?  Throughout the drama, he's been pretty clear to Seo Dan, her family, and his family that he carried on the engagement due to familial obligation.  He even tried to draw a line with Se Ri initially that he actually has a fiancee....then he clearly broke it off with Seo Dan in episode 7 after he kissed Seri, though Seo Dan refused it...

Unfortunately, he didn't have time to come clean to his family and her family about it...though his family was aware about him and Se Ri in episode 9. Poor Dan's mom is only aware about it in episode 14...

Yup.. and I think, that was enough to cancel one's engagement. I am not familiar with Korean's relationship/wedding culture, but as I view it from global prespective, that was enough. Seo Dan is the one who needs to tell her mom that the show is over. Jeong Hyeok has clearly called it off at the Sariwon hospital. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, sheeeeee said:

Yall can’t open that twitter pic? 

Oh maybe already deleted!

Second rumor : Marriage rumor :blush:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/01/hyun-bin-and-son-ye-jins-representatives-deny-dating-and-marriage-rumors

P/s : I don’t know why I’m posting here instead shipper thread. Sorry 

As much as I love BinJin, I think shipper's paradise is more appropriate place.

2 hours ago, commiecommodore said:

Marriage rumor about the actors or the characters? 

• Like 4

comrades...dont judge if I ask the question about an official break-off. In my country, once you are engaged to the point that the two families meet to decide a wedding date, and you call off your wedding like that, you are considered uneducated/have no morals etc. and your family may be cursed to the hell and back. i guess it's a big thing in my culture but not so much here....

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Yes I do think different cultures will for sure inform how one views a proper cancellation of an engagement.  Since both sides’ families were involved in the initial decision-making I think the decent/courteous thing to do would be to advise respective families the decision to call it off. But if the situation or time doesn’t permit, I don’t think RJH should have to draw a line between him and SR after he already advised the most important/relevant person: the fiancée.  How others view him is beyond his control.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

JH cross the border the for SR!! I think that's pretty loud and clear where his heart goes. He can be that "extreme" for SR, I don't think he cares about his own reputation (even his family's), that's why I think SD cried when she learned about the news... she knows that her first love has to come to an end. This is probably the only explanation that she will accept this "new friend" in such a short period. Her feelings for JH is more of an obsession rather than real love. 

• Like 13

Judging from all the BTS photos I'm seeing as well as all the discussions raised so far, looks like in the last 2 episodes there are lots needed to be done:

1. JH bidding a temporary farewell to SR in SK before going back to NK (there's a BTS photo of them where SR wears yellow outfits that hasn't been aired yet)

2. JH resolving all the issues in NK at the moment (CCG and his crime, clarifying things with his dad, resolving any issues he has with top political leaders)

2. The ducklings going back to NK safely (though in the BTS photos I only see the 4 ducklings, no trace of MB so far so I'm a little concerned about his beings; remember the Fortuneteller did tell his wife that he might not comeback at all, and so far all she's said has been true)

3. SR resolving her family issues (will she still take over her Dad's business, relationship with her mom, relationship with her brothers)

4. SR becoming a sweeter and more caring person towards her colleagues (we already see her eating with her staff at Subway; but looks like there's another BTS photo of them sitting as a larger group at Subway again) 

5. JH resolving his engagement issue with SD and their parents; I hope there's a full closure to this

6. JH checking the state of his tomato plant; he's been away for too long I don't know who's taking care of it :))

7. MB reuniting with his family? (hopefully)

8. SD and SJ resolving their relationship and figuring out their next plan

9. And of course, JH and SR's future 

On a side and heavier note, I'm a little sad seeing the character and relationship development of SD and SJ . I thought their development back in NK (first 9-10 episodes) was superb; we could see their personalities as well as personal goals clearly. And then in the 2nd half of the drama, there seems to be less attention for them (unfortunately because there's so much happening in between SR and JH as well as their personal issues), not just screen time, but also how they came to be and how they fell for each other. I thought their romance was a little forced and unnatural; feels like that just happened in less than 10-15 mins if you combine all of their scenes together since episode 11. 

When the cast first joined CLOY the script was completed for the first 7 episodes only, and then then each episode was finished along the way. I hope SD and SJ in real life don't feel disappointed or frustrated (?) at how their characters came out to be in the 2nd half of the drama (as the script develops). It's tough not being the lead roles sometimes. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

8 minutes ago, ncly said:

When the cast first joined CLOY the script was completed for the first 7 episodes only, and then then each episode was finished along the way. 

Oh good to know!  This is confirmed?  So even HB and SYJ didn't know the ending when they first signed up?  Super interesting and I wonder if this is the norm for k-dramas!  The actors/actresses can't even choose their projects based on their liking of the entire script.  That's sort of a double edge sword.  

Thanks for the list - so many things to tie up.  Sucks cause that means cutting into time meant for happy scenes like a family day at a park recalling mom and dad's first encounters...

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

I don’t know why I remember this. Someone posted a while back about a possible ending in Switzerland. She/he wrote that: RJH goes to Switzerland after reading an article about SR’s departure to Switzerland.

Based on that, there are two possible scenarios. First, RJH is afraid of SR’s suicidal thoughts. However, SR goes to Switzerland because that’s the only place where she can reminisce the past. Then, they can meet and elope in Switzerland and return to SK as a pair :D. Please make babies and have twins!

I think the drama still has more Switzerland’s scenes that have not been broadcasted. At least there are two scenes. First, the paragliding scene. Second, the church scene. 

Who knows? 

Anyway I need to stop my delusional thoughts. 

CLOY is rated 16+ (as of now). Is it only on my Netflix? Can we expect more mature scenes?

• Like 9

Re: Seo Dan and RJH engagement.

Capt. Ri is a man who thinks everything through with great detail and moral aptitude. Being the true gentleman that he is, it would have been very hard for him to confess to Dan about his feelings for Seri and that he cannot marry her because of it. 

RJH is not a coward, as he had already bravely told Seo Dan that she was in love with another woman and calmly accepted her anger. He would have formally called off the engagement had he not witnessed Dan's mother and uncle's tendency to put Dan in embarrassing situations, where she has to ask them to either shut up or stop doing their crazy antics.

Seo Dan has a kind of confidence and womanly arrogance about her that won't want other people to pity her. RJH is probably expecting her to tell the NK creme-dela-creme that she was the one who dumped him ruthlessly-- and he is a schmuck.

Imagine Ri's parents and Seo Dan's mother and uncle in one room, as Ri tells them that the engagement is off. Grandpa and Grandma Ri are going to be stoic and nonchalant about it because they already know how in love he was with Seri. Now... imagine what the two adorable buffoons in Dan's side would blurt out. I could only imagine Dan's embarrassment.

Dan, I believe, is a cosmopolitan and independent woman. But her family never fails to paint her as a desperate woman chasing after a man who is not in love with her. RHJ may not love Dan but he respects her enough to spare her from such an ordeal. Have you seen how uncomfortable Ri was during family dinners because of the mom and uncle's behavior?

Why would he let Dan go through that mess of a traumatic confrontation one more time, for all the world to see? Though I do not care much about Seo Dan, she had done her part as respectable "villain." Let's not give her family a platform to beg or force RJH to marry her instead. Aside from being cringe worthy, it's not going to move the story forward.

Seo Dan is not my favorite character but I'd really like that woman keep her self-respect.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Site Admin said:

Re: Seo Dan and RJH engagement.

Dan, I believe, is a cosmopolitan and independent woman. But her family never fails to paint her as a desperate woman chasing after a man who is not in love with her. RHJ may not love Dan but he respects her enough to spare her from such an ordeal. Have you seen how uncomfortable Ri was during family dinners because of the mom and uncles antics?

Why would he let Dan go through that mess of a traumatic confrontation one more time, for all the world to see? Though I do not care much about Seo Dan, she had done her part as respectable "villain." Let's not give her family a platform to beg / force RJH to marry her instead of Seri. How cringe worthy. Let that woman keep her self-respect.

While I agree with you on not wanting to put SD through the embarrassment with her mom and uncle, I was thinking more of a private closure between RJH and SD only rather than a family gathering and announcing it. I feel like them facing and resolving the issue in person would show a lot of respect to each other than just letting it slide by.

Just like how he privately told her in the hospital that he can't marry her (back then SD didn't accept), I hope they can meet in private shortly and let out their thoughts one final time before separating/departing for good. After all, their 'cold' relationship was developed on the foundation of an engagement, otherwise there's no need for them to have screen time together through out the drama.

Though to be honest, at this point the screen writer has created so many things to be resolved in the last few episodes, so there may be a high chance that the break off won't make it to the screen at all :)) 

On a different note, if you haven't done so, you can check out Hyo Seon's instagram profile. Based off her insta timeline, it looks like she's one of the main photographers for CLOY. She shares a lot of her photos (without the watermark) taken of CLOY there and SYJ follows her as well (so must be a legit account). 

https://www.instagram.com/lim_hyoseon/

• Like 6

Sometimes fans are so desperate for happy endings, they petitioned to the TV stations to plead for happy endings!:rolleyes:

It's too late here for that suggestion as I'm not ACTIVE on Soompi. And  I'm ONE of those who watch dramas regardless of endings! I'd rather have a REALISTIC ending than a ridiculous one! Hope the writer wont be pressurised by the fans to provide FAN SERVICE! :D

After watching for 14 episodes of CLOY and still enjoying every scene, I'm more than satisfied! So I"ll KEEP CALM & WAIT PATIENTLY FOR EP 15!:heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, L A said:

comrades...dont judge if I ask the question about an official break-off. In my country, once you are engaged to the point that the two families meet to decide a wedding date, and you call off your wedding like that, you are considered uneducated/have no morals etc. and your family may be cursed to the hell and back. i guess it's a big thing in my culture but not so much here....

I think there’s always some extent of stigma around people who call off an engagement when they’ve made arrangements, met the parents etc. but I think it also depends on how they manage that and other factors. In JH’s case, I highly doubt he would be concerned given he has no sort of relationship with SD anyways and has fallen head overs heels in love with SR. I also don’t believe many people knew they were getting married so this will make it easier for all parties involved. Plus I’m fairly certain that JH’s mum wouldn’t go ahead with the wedding now either because she would rather her son be happy and same goes for SD’s mum.

• Like 2