Soompi Advent Calendar

partyon

And now since I realized it is mod stuff that is causing my confusions. I am using another browser to find the answer.

So I was able to get the 1st clue's answer too.

Spoiler

Now I got 4 gifts! Yay! hehe

Loving the BTS carols as I type my delayed answer  haha!

spacer.png

My favorite Christmas Carol would be Santa Claus is coming to town. Reminds me of nostalgic memories.

My best friend used to watch a drama called Dexter. I'm pretty sure most of you know. She, ofcourse, like any best friend does, started narrating the story to me during class hours. haha

The actor, Michael C. Hall, who plays the lead role, sang this song in Jimmy Fallon show.

Every time I hear Santa Claus is coming to town, I remember this video.

• Love 5
  • Blob 1

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

24 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

did I get it right? :unsure:

You did. :glasses: Well done, Mr. Oppa :happydance:

Glad to have you onboard! :issohappy:

@Sunset Oops about the page numbers. We should have told you in advance. :grimace:

We EOs have the same issue, so we have to do all planning work for this event logged out of the forum.

:sweats:

Am glad that you didn't give up, though! :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

20 minutes ago, liddi said:

If it were true, it is high time to report him to the RSPCA for cruelty to 1 poor reindeer (based on the overworked, undermotivated reindeer in the video! :P)

Chingu, I can assure you that it's just acting like a normal reindeer in that video and is definitely not overworked. :D

And all reindeer look undermotivated IRL. 24/7 :D They're lazy. They won't even move for cars. :D

But they're really cute IRL. :wub: Have had a chance to see them in Lapland.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Blob 2

Day 5:

I figured it out!

Spoiler

Hangout -- True False thread, page 242

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

But they're really cute IRL. :wub: Have had a chance to see them in Lapland.

cute? hmmm....somehow I always wonder when people say animals are cute. I used to think camels are cute but then I rode on one in a desert safari and found them just stinky. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 8
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

cute? hmmm....somehow I always wonder when people say animals are cute. I used to think camels are cute but then I rode on one in a desert safari and found them just stinky. :sweatingbullets:

lol :D I also rode a camel, but don't recall him being stinky... I guess I just found him cute. :wub:

*boops* @Lmangla @liddi

reindeer-nose.jpg

• LOL 9
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, liddi said:

@partyon Aww... it's adorable! Are you trying to make a convert out of me, so that Santa will be free to deliver presents on Christmas days with his not-overworked, but possibly undermotivated reindeer? :w00t:

You read my mind, chingu.

heart smile GIF

Nah, but seriously, I find them super cute. Have visited Lapland, and you will run into reindeer in the wild on hikes or ski trips. Most of the reindeer are skittish and run away when they see you, but then you have those who are so used to humans, that they actually come closer to inspect you. :D

It is a good idea to leave the site if it's September (mating season), as one of the braver males may want to fight you for one of the lady reindeer. :scream:

@joccu being "almost a local" can surely tell you more tales about reindeer. :D

• LOL 7
  • Blob 3

Clue 5:

Spoiler

ONE - hangout

2 (options - true or false) 4 (days) 2 (members) - page number

Answer:

As a kid, he is real.

As an adult, the truth is out and he is only real when I have to pretend so I don't ruin the thrill for my younger siblings and other kids who believe in him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Blob 2

5 Dec. 

Spoiler

I love those Lapland reindeers. They look prettier that those Mooses and deers that live in here east. 

True or false page 242.

@partyon  when you drive to North. You really have to be careful. There are fences on some roads. So the reindeer don't wonder on the roads.  But not on every road. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@partyon  well those reindeer that are free. Live on Forrest are usually really wild and stubborn. They are not afraid of cars. One winter we had to stop the car on the road for 20 min and wait for these reindeers to cross the road.

Then there is reindeers that live in reindeer farms. They are nice and sweet. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Blob 1

43 minutes ago, joccu said:

@partyon  well those reindeer that are free. Live on Forrest are usually really wild and stubborn. They are not afraid of cars. One winter we had to stop the car on the road for 20 min and wait for these reindeers to cross the road.

I guess this is a wild one :D

stop-that-pictorial.gif

44 minutes ago, joccu said:

Then there is reindeers that live in reindeer farms. They are nice and sweet. 

This is a reindeer farm one :D

natal-rena.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 2

Found the goodie:

Spoiler

Well helloooooo there...

spacer.png

Is Santa Real?

Santa is real because we believe he is real. My belief is that he is the Spirit of Christmas. He may not be the red coated man who goes on the sleigh. He exists because in this world there are so many families who get excited about this wonderful time, wake up to presents, enjoy cookies and goodies and spend time with their loved ones.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Dec. 5

Spoiler

A little bit slower than usual because of technical errors.  I can only see the latest thread but not the whole threads under Hangout (ONE).  Finally changed to a different browser and found the gift on page 242. 

slide4-1170x692.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Thanks for the new clue. I`ve got the page on the third attempt. It was easy but I liked it this way. :D Keep it comming. I really apreaciate the talent to come up with the riddles. I can`t make them. :thumbsup:

Spoiler

Today we're gifting you a video of Santa and his reindeer, Rudolph!

Or is that really Rudolph...?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2