Soompi Advent Calendar

partyon

1 hour ago, partyon said:

My favorite Christmas carol is Wham’s Last Christmas. George Michael was so handsome back then

Guys, I have a funny story about this song. I was in a language school (in Europe) learning the local language, and there was a big Christmas party with all the students from the school. Several different languages were taught at this language academy, and each class got up to sing a Christmas carol in the language they were learning.

Our class got up and sang a carol we had learned, in the local language.

Then the class of students that were learning ENGLISH got up and sang their song. The song they had chosen? "Last Christmas"! I was DYING LAUGHING (inside). Of all the excellent English-language Christmas carols, they chose this one. I couldn't believe it. I never expected to hear "Last Christmas" for the first time in ages, in a foreign country, sung by the locals who were learning English.

Then I remembered how we had murdered their local-language traditional Christmas carol, and I sobered up.

Merry Christmas. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Of course! Gotta keep our one and only Ms Koko happy!

@YongZura⁷ looks like you’ve been very helpful today.

@twinkle_little_star Yay! Well done! 

Mariah is awesome! 

My favorite Christmas carol is Wham’s Last Christmas. George Michael was so handsome back then.

hooray. :D Wham!'s track will have everyone singing along to the pop tune beats. it's an incredibly catchy song.

thank you again lovely @partyon , :foryou:

you made my day. :D

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Then the class of students that were learning ENGLISH got up and sang their song. The song they had chosen? "Last Christmas"! I was DYING LAUGHING (inside). Of all the excellent English-language Christmas carols, they chose this one. I couldn't believe it. I never expected to hear "Last Christmas" for the first time in ages, in a foreign country, sung by the locals who were learning English.

Then I remembered how we had murdered their local-language traditional Christmas carol, and I sobered up.

hahah what carol did you sing?

apropos christmas carols... I was in a boarding school and our very proper, decorous head teacher wanted us to sing, too. we were all shy or not that enthusiastic to be honest... However, he strongly encouraged us (and glared at us) to participate in this christmas cheer, selecting a song to sing in a group.... but whose strong was loudest, strongest? 

Yes, his! And what did he sing? 

Laaaaast Christmas, I gave you my heart But the very next day, you gave it away Thiiiiiis year, to save me from tears I'll give it to someone speciaaaaal....

Yeah, we were trying not to laugh out loud. It was just funny because he was such a strict persona who didn't seem to have a funny bone in his body. It was almost like the Grinch transformed...

jim carrey christmas movies GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

49 minutes ago, agenth said:

Yeah, we were trying not to laugh out loud. It was just funny because he was such a strict persona who didn't seem to have a funny bone in his body. It was almost like the Grinch transformed...

Love moments like those when we see a different side to someone. :lol:

George Clooney Reaction GIF by American Film Institute

50 minutes ago, agenth said:

hahah what carol did you sing?

I don't remember exactly! (I forgot everything else once they started singing "Last Christmas" :joy:)

But I think it was something about Christmas bells.

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2

Well, I have a confession. I love scream singing songs. But unfortuntely, I can't sing at all. :D  Anyway, in spite of my non existent musical skills , I love scream singing after a long day at work. And 'Last Christmas' is one of my favourites among few others. It is a great stress buster for me. Chingus, you should try scream singing songs. :lol:  But my Brit friend forbids me from scream singing it the rest of the year.  Thanks @partyon for setting the mood for the holiday spirit. 

This is one of my favourite movies and of course the most memorable scene that sets the mood for me. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

34 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

I love scream singing after a long day at work. And 'Last Christmas' is one of my favourites among few others. It is a great stress buster for me. Chingus, you should try scream singing songs.

I didn't know what you meant by scream singing, but do you by chance know Aggretsuko? I imagine you as the heroine haha:

If not, an office worker's life and her secret life as karaoke metal head :D

It's a netflix series, also dubbed in English, tho I can't find an English trailer for Season 1.

btw my favourite Christmas song is this:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

I can't sing at all. :D

lol that makes 2 of us, in that i can't count haha...

how could i when all i have eyes fordc40cd2c58a20b3f298c77d0d4b1d05c.gif

is the wonder group Jimmy Fallon Performance GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

tbt, i cheated and peeked at spoilers... :allgoodlol:

Dec 1...found it!:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Spoiler

BTS p225...

Fave:

:waves:chingudeul :fullofhearts: not sure if i can keep up but we'll see :coolshades:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Everyone, we Event Organizers (@Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart and myself) are changing our DPs to winter/Christmas themes in order to get into the holiday spirit!

2599bd29d34ad300f223de64dc2c83a2.jpg?wid

Feel free to change your DP as well!

Merry Christmas Santa GIF by Holly Logan

December 1st is soon over - we're one day closer to Christmas already. :issohappy:

Everyone gets a cookie for their fabulous efforts solving the first clue today! :kiss_wink:

xmas%2520in%2520july.jpg?width=400&heigh

@the_sweetroad @joccu @YongZura⁷ @liddi @Ameera Ali @kokodus @madmad min @Yinye @-JC- @ktcjdrama @twinkle_little_star @Sky Kang @Lmangla @MayanEcho @gm4queen

Note! If you didn't have a chance yet to solve the first clue, feel free to do it at your own leisure, and post your answer here on this thread when you're ready. Or join us tomorrow! Or the day after tomorrow.

This is not a contest, so feel free to drop by when you have time.

:dorakiss:

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

truth be told i'm not really into kpop... i'm more into kdramas. and i don't like christmas music so i don't have a favorite. 

Spoiler

seven oppas - kpop/bts...

2-2-5 - page number

30 - YongZura⁷'s fan level

bts christmas songs medley

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

22 hours ago, partyon said:

Feel free to change your DP as well!

Done! 

Dec. 2

22 hours ago, partyon said:

FFbU6UqaIAECRlq?format=jpg&name=medium

Dear chingu, now that you know each BTS's member's name in real life , I'm introducing the TinyTAN's version.  Do you recognise who's who?  Oh yes, I love the rhyme.  That's is not easy to create.

Looking forward to Day 2's clue 

Done!

Spoiler

I like this pink one.  "Dalgone" gave it away.  I was surprised that the thread was only a few pages.

Squid-Game-Accept-The-Invitation-Ugly-Sw

Just so happened I bought something that's similar but not the same. It's rainy season for us and it's cold at night. Oh BTW, I haven't watched it though I know how popular it is.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Clue/Day 2

Spoiler

Despite not watching the show, I do know the number one show on Netflix - squid game

comes in three - kdramas and movies

but first two - page number

I do like Christmas. I think I would love it if I lived somewhere where there was snow and I could get fully into the Christmas Spirit. I don't have a sweater, though. I'm weird in that I don't get cold easy and I'm more hot blooded so I only own mostly short sleeved shirts. lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

How did ppl figure out which thread subject in the first clue?  I did figure out what the number would be but not the thread topic (lol) .

This will be fun!

Over here in South Eastern USA, we have a store called Aldi that has various advent calendars including Legos, chocolate, wine n beer calendars with a new one to try each day on the countdown. 

:)

• Like 4
  • Love 2