[Drama 2022] Forecasting Love and Weather ✸ 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편

Maetawinz

11 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

You're slightly annoyed by Yoo Jin LMFAo!? Are you sure?!

Yeah, I like the other characters actually. :D The reason why I don't like the 2nd FL is not really because of her personality or anything. It's more about the actress's delivery as I feel that the character's facial expression is the same in almost every scene....

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

10 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Unless those translation were wrong.. then.. oppsss... :lol:

Not sure. I think I missed the porcupine talk, but you're making me curious now. :joy:

• LOL 4

23 minutes ago, partyon said:

Not sure. I think I missed the porcupine talk, but you're making me curious now. :joy:

They mentioned hedgehog according to the subs... i got imaginative and thought of porcupine :lol:

The only caharacter that annoys me at the moment is Ki Jun.... the way he keep asking for a writeup from Ha Kyung... like seriously... haiz

Forcaster Um... 14 years away? Thats a bit too much dont you think... he could have brought his family with him when he transferred... if the wife have someone else close by, divorce would be the easiest option i supposed...

And yes, yesterday's ending was hilarious and cute... all the men in Ha Kyung's life:lol:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Forcaster Um... 14 years away? Thats a bit too much dont you think... he could have brought his family with him when he transferred...

I believe it was stated that he moved around a lot - being stationed in different places. Even on boats. Would have been hard to have a child being uprooted from her home and school on a regular basis.

That's probably why they ended up living separately - for their daughter's sake.

I believe they will reunite though. There is clearly love between them still. There are just too many hurt feelings clouding that love right now. Had there been no love, I doubt that they would have stayed married for that long. Maybe there was always a hope that they would reunite and that's what kept them together?

:heart4:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

I believe it was stated that he moved around a lot - being stationed in different places. Even on boats. Would have been hard to have a child being uprooted from her home and school on a regular basis.

That's probably why they ended up living separately - for their daughter's sake.

I believe they will reunite though. There is clearly love between them still. There are just too many hurt feelings clouding that love right now. Had there been no love, I doubt that they would have stayed married for that long. Maybe there was always a hope that they would reunite and that's what kept them together?

There should be a law against family man going out on the sea ... hmm.. but yes, i cant imagine being away from families for so long. Migrant families are forced to do that, i know.. but within the same country... sigh...  i know life can be difficult to many people..  sigh....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Forecast: Unstable weather. Wind, rain and occasional thunderstorms.

01d653da50ab9ce332bf5fa532206583.jpg

Another poll is up, chingus! Please vote ! :kiss_wink:

Let us know how you have been liking the drama up until now. :glasses:

@agenth @Ameera Ali @Sakurafairy @YongZura⁷ @backstreetboysfan @LeftCoastOppa @Maetawinz @Latte_Anyday @realistic2280a @haruhi17 @Oksana Sutra @itsmeash @africandramalover @Kathia @ferily @The.Lannister @youactlikeicare @ihyw @Ameera Ali @Thong Thin @yanki222 @melody1118 @cuteyabby @Raynaa @marrez1 @taekwang @sadthe1st 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Not sure I like where the direction this drama is taking with Ki Joon gettin' so involved into Ha Kyung's life.. You're an EX for a reason ok? Got that loser?! Oy (facepalm) 

He cheated on Ha Kyung first, hurt her and oh now 'cause she' s moved on & is happy without you, you can't accept that? You had TEN YEARS together buddy. Too bad. 

Yoo Jin if I were you I'd break up with Ki Joon & work elsewhere. But of course there won't be a drama anymore LoL. 

As always Soo Jin comes through with all the juicy gossip LoL. That girl should work for Dispatch instead. 

Si Woo was bein' overdramatic when he saw Ha Kyung show up to work with Ki Joon LoL. But at least she told him everything & cleared it up later. Which is how it's done Yoo Jin, Ki Joon OK? 

Ha Kyung's mom got too much time on her hands LoL. Perhaps the older sis should matchmake the mom with a nice ahjusshi. Ha Kyung's sis still can't get over Mr. Shin's critique LoL. How can she be so dense LoL seriously? 

Well at least Mrs. Uhm is trying.. She should've let the hubs talk but oh whatever, baby steps. 

@partyon

Am not a fan of kpop idols turn actors. The actress playin' Yoo Jin is formerly of a kpop girl-group Girls Day. All 4 members are into acting. I'm not a fan of any of their acting. They as a group have a bad rep for having a awful, arrogant attitude. Even had a scandal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

50 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Well at least Mrs. Uhm is trying.. She should've let the hubs talk but oh whatever, baby steps. 

Yes, I was glad to see that she was taking a step towards her husband. Too bad that communication is not their strong suite and that there was once again a misunderstanding.

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

Can we give a shout out to Yoon Park for his excellent and convincing portrayal of a very drunk Ki Jun! That was one of the more hilarious drunken scenes I've seen in a kdrama. :joy:

I am in awe of how well the leads are communicating and solving their problems. They're honest and open about their feelings and it's just so unbelievably refreshing to see something like this in a kdrama.

Ki Jun's sudden insecurities is not a good sign. Looks like he was a bit too dependent on Ha Kyung back in the day (financially and work wise too - with her writing his columns). Him now being in a new relationship where his wife expects him to be a breadwinner and mature, has apparently made him feel inferior and insecure as he is clearly doubting himself and his talents.

It's all coming out in not so constructive ways, unfortunately. Him not being able to accept his wife's past, his ex moving on, his fight with Si Woo....

Ki Jun, please work on your self-esteem first.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

7 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Haha.. they were talking about safe distance from one another... and a hedgehog was mentioned  between Hakyung and Forecaster Um... hence i was curious about porcupine :lol: animals with spikes.. how do they mate with each other with those spikes:lol:

Unless those translation were wrong.. then.. oppsss... :lol:

I remembered the pet that Shin Min Ha had in Hometown Cha Cha Cha. In that they had mentioned that one the animal knows/trusts you their spikes don’t react to your touch and don’t hurt you anymore.

not sure though. Anyone had them as pets? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Just got a chance to watch the episodes. What a fun escape.  Ha Kyung gets prettier and prettier, and Si Woo is manly and adorable.  And they actually share their thoughts and feelings and talk! There's a real sweetness to this kdrama. Enjoying all the characters in this little weather world. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

14 hours ago, partyon said:

So many chingus on this thread feeling annoyed with most characters in this drama. Are there any characters you actually like?

@agenth Ki Joon is not only dumb,he is hopeless at all. In actual fact, he CANT write at all. All his

work is written by Ha Kyung. He is trying to show off to his wife that is he capable of writing that is why

he  agreed and has the guts to go asking for Ha Kyung for help again & luckily HA Kyung turn his down.

Now that he is in a dilema not knowing what to do and get himself drunk.

Yu Jin wants a easy happy life without stress, wishing for money to drop from the sky. Knowing & seeing

the current Ki Joon situation, she opt to have her marriage delayed. She will be in real shocked if she finds out that his good for nothing husband is a jerk whose articles all these while is written by Ha Kyung.

LOL, if that is the kind of life you are working forward too, go find an oldman darling who can afford a 5C.

Mr Shin who is an OCD - LOL. Haven't heard that Korean can't stand the smell of kimchi which they

practically eat them every meals.

Senior Forecaster & wife - work takes him away for last 14 years. As a wife, you would feel happy that he

is home but it takes time to rebuild the bond between daughter and wife. I feel sorry for him cause small little petty things are being make into big issues by his wife which makes him feels "not welcome" home.

The fat married lady is taking a big risk by yelling & scolding on the phone.  The only bread winner in the house with 2 on going school kids & husband taking 1 year leave for study, she could lost her job anytime.

Ms Kim - small petty issues starts to cry like a baby.

Hahaha, the ending scenes were funny. Is like...Welcome to my home, we are having a party !!!

:joy:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I so knew it that the ex's would regret it, they need to leave them alone and live their only lives.

JTBC’s “Forecasting Love and Weather” rose to an average nationwide rating of 7.5 percent for the night.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/twenty-five-twenty-one-and-love-ft-marriage-and-divorce-3-both-hit-their-highest-ratings-yet/#ixzz7Mo4aOROn

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

So... weather forecasters.

I think the show did a good job showing how consequential meteorology is. It literally affects everyone's lives in a profound way, and how important it is to be as accurate as possible for everyone's safety.

As far as their personal lives go, I think the show is doing a pretty job showing how a high stress job like this can affect personal lives. You already had one guy have a heart attack on the job, and others with complicated family lives (Mr. Uhm, etc.)

It kind of reminds me of a movie I saw a while ago called "Pushing Tin." It was about air traffic controllers, and how one little mistake can result in a plane crash. And everyone had messy personal lives because their job was so high pressure.

As far as their relationships go - well, of course I am rooting for our OTP. And I am happy to see Ha-gyeong kick Gi-jun in the shin. That's kind of about it, because she is awesome and she's going to be fine. (Really loved the little detail about how she kept her hands in her pants pocket as she kicked him - like she was just swatting away a piece of doody in her way.)

Anyway, as far I'm concerned, Park Min-yeong is Queen and I always love seeing her being a very competent and awesome career woman (a role she plays often, because she is so good at it).

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Just watched the episode,

1. Okay, did everyone wear green on ep8?? different types of green, shades of green... did they all agreed to wear green on the day of filming... :lol:

2. Why was Si Woon screaming at Ha Kyung at work,  as if no one will be listening, even though its at a staircase.... Haiz.. 

3. Forecaster Um... i dont not think its polite, respectful even to eat your host food without the host knowing, right? Haiz.. as a senior, yet... rude... its all about manner... sigh... 

4. Is it really so important...the weather in korea? That they even have a podim and a lot of reporters asking in a formal setting..... hmm

5. I dont understand why its Ha Kyung's fault when when the man clearly entered her lane of the road in the car accident case... 

6. Really, Kijun... is it such a big problem what your wife dated men before? Sigh... he is really such a baby...

In one breath, he told Ha Kyung that he loves his wife and wouldnt think of divorce, yet on the other hand, he got pissed off when he found out she wasnt a virign was it? Crazy man

And whats with the stalking - Ha Kyung and Si woon in ep9?

Drama writer just want to make Kijun ridiculous as possible maybe.. hmm... 

Am glad to read that ep8 increased rating:wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

1. Okay, did everyone wear green on ep8?? different types of green, shades of green... did they all agreed to wear green on the day of filming... :lol:

Wow! Didn't notice that! Good catch! :glasses:

3. Forecaster Um... i dont not think its polite, respectful even to eat your host food without the host knowing, right? Haiz.. as a senior, yet... rude... its all about manner... sigh... 

With table manners like that and leaving the food out.... Maybe his wife should think twice about taking him back into their house. :joy: Oh well, maybe Ha Kyung will house train him first.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

4. Is it really so important...the weather in korea? That they even have a podim and a lot of reporters asking in a formal setting..... hmm

I've been thinking about the same thing. Only them rolling out the red carpet is missing.

Channel 9 Blockhead GIF by The Block

:loolz:

• LOL 2

Hi, all! Finally caved and watched this drama because I saw it trending in Netflix. I'm not so much into K-Dramas, but I really like PMY. 

Really enjoying the story so far. As always, PMY has great chemistry with anyone, not only her romantic co-stars. While the weather analogies can sometimes feel dragging, they actually also give the drama a certain charm. Last 2 episodes were really good. Looking forward to the next ones. The waiting is a bummer. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Finally caught up with Ep 8.

Ki Joon nailed the drunken scene very well and I foresee that he's starting to have his regrets  and Si Woo love for Ha Kyung grows deeper as they keep revealing their past secrets.

@realistic2280a Senior Forecaster Umn thought is alright to eat since there's abundance of food and for a guy who is away from home for 14 years might have forgotten manners  :mrgreen: 

You know how untidy or messy a guy when they are single,nobody to nag them ! :w00t:

@chickfactor  Park Ming Young can portrayed at whatever role she is being casted and she is good at it.

• Like 3

Apologies, I have edited out my comment as I was having a flood /weather/bureaucracy trauma rant  & I think I got too political. This isn’t the place for it. 
Am currently trying to catch up & just finished ep5. I really enjoy the weather data collection/study/explaination scenes, and the romance is lovely, honest & realistic.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@realistic2280a Senior Forecaster Umn thought is alright to eat since there's abundance of food and for a guy who is away from home for 14 years might have forgotten manners  :mrgreen: 

You know how untidy or messy a guy when they are single,nobody to nag them ! :w00t:

Haha.. maybe... hence he was scolded by his family at home...

Yet he talks about seniority and manners at work yet not about how he behave privately. I thought koreans are so into that... seniority and manners

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1