[Drama 2022] Forecasting Love and Weather ✸ 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편

Maetawinz

11 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

With Ki Joon constantly butting in and her mom making surprise "visits" isn't exactly conducive to any "sexy time" for the otp.

There are too many people butting in on their sexy times. Especially Senior Forecaster:kicks:

8 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Its kinda expected.. i think... 

Exactly why most kdramas would be so much better if they were only 10 or 12 episodes long.

Minions Mic Drop GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Senior Forecaster Umn was trying to be nice to her daughter field visit to KMA by taking this opportunity to get close to her  why is Mrs Umn objecting ?

Is she venting her anger at him after seeing him walking with Ha-Kyung.

And that jerk, Ki-Jun always jump to conclusion without sitting down and listen Yu-Jin explanation, serve him

right now that Yu-Jin is leaving him.

Now that Ha-Kyung has voiced out her thoughts of not getting married at all to her mother in front of Si-Woo,

will Si-Woo & Ha-Kyung continue with their secret relationship.

• Like 2

Just finished episode 9 & 10 ... a few random thoughts.

- I'm not liking how the main leads seem to have stalled falling in love, and this is making their more tense/confrontational moments a bit harder to take.

- I am liking that the older sister is making it happen with the guy upstairs, I just hope Mom doesn't mess it up

- I am liking that the Senior Forecaster is slowly making amends with his daughter, the wife is gonna be a bit tougher nut to crack, but he should start by apologizing for lying to her.

- The second leads deserve their break-up, they might stay friends but doubt the marriage ever gets registered

- You knew the moment Si-Woo got sent to Jeju something was going to go wrong ... just didn't expect it to be the very next episode :rolleyes:

Not enjoying it as much as the start, but still enjoying it :)

• Like 3

Couples should not be tied down nor forced by marriage, have kids, have financial problems and then divorce, latest trends & it's getting common of failed marriages which hurts the children the most. If a couple love each other, they can stay together for companionship. What with more women being professionals & more earning power, their preference is to remain single while having long term love relationships.  Brad Pitt & Angelina remain unmarried for many years & adopted kids but soon after getting married, it lead to a bitter divorce fighting for custody.

Both Si-Woo & Ha-Kyung has age gap and career & money-wise HK is more superior, hence SW may not want to get married due to inferiority complex - his father is gambler incurring debts and SW has no home nor savings.  SW is fortunate & feel contented if HK can love him for what he is - boils down to love which brings happiness.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- I'm not liking how the main leads seem to have stalled falling in love, and this is making their more tense/confrontational moments a bit harder to take.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. There are not enough sweet moments between them. The leads' chemistry was on a thin ice already earlier, and the lack of any kind of passionate scenes is making this drama lose so much steam.
:bawling:

- You knew the moment Si-Woo got sent to Jeju something was going to go wrong ... just didn't expect it to be the very next episode :rolleyes:

The conflict episode was bound to appear sooner or later. :bashful:

Not enjoying it as much as the start, but still enjoying it :)

Same here. The ratings have dropped, so looks like other people feel the same way.

• Like 4

On 3/14/2022 at 4:31 AM, Elchan said:

Couples should not be tied down nor forced by marriage, have kids, have financial problems and then divorce, latest trends & it's getting common of failed marriages which hurts the children the most. If a couple love each other, they can stay together for companionship. What with more women being professionals & more earning power, their preference is to remain single while having long term love relationships.  Brad Pitt & Angelina remain unmarried for many years & adopted kids but soon after getting married, it lead to a bitter divorce fighting for custody.

Both Si-Woo & Ha-Kyung has age gap and career & money-wise HK is more superior, hence SW may not want to get married due to inferiority complex - his father is gambler incurring debts and SW has no home nor savings.  SW is fortunate & feel contented if HK can love him for what he is - boils down to love which brings happiness.

Brad and Angelina had an affair while Brad was still married and Angelina had a history of going after and seducing married men (and one committed woman) marrying them, and then divorcing.

Failed marriages are becoming common because many countries started allowing for irreconcilable differences divorces and no-fault divorces. Many countries in the US many states used to have it that you can only receive an absolute divorce if you can prove adultery come up with some states allowing for physical cruelty. My state is a no-fault divorce which means easy in and easy out. Also, the boomer generation fought to the death for the sex revolution and "love-match" marriages which ultimately destroyed marriage. Marriage is the most amiable legal relationship that one could have. Back in the day when marriage was still honorable, it took a lot to get divorced because marriage was designed to be a until death do you part commitment not a because I don't love you anymore, or your personality conflicts, we have poor communication, or we don't have romance, or we just don't work excuses. Marriage is something that supposed to be worked on until you become a widow.

17 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@realistic2280a

It's not just sex ok LoL? Yoo Jin mentioned the only reason she married Ki Joon was 'cause he was the only guy who asked. I was like HuH what the actual ... WHAT!??! 

Just saw ep 10....

Haha.. yes i know.. the first guy to offer marriage to her... when they were having the affair, did she not know that her bf was actually someone else's fiancee and were planning to get married soon? She must have known that Karma will happen to her soon... and now, its just very soon.... yeah, everyone working in the same building will not bode well for everyone....

15 hours ago, partyon said:

Exactly why most kdramas would be so much better if they were only 10 or 12 episodes long.

But there are times when we want dramas to run more than 16 episodes.. like.. ermm... Healer... haha.. it needs to have episodes to explore the leads relationship back then...

With regards to the comment earlier that Song Kang has more ^chemistry^ with the actress in his previous drama than this one, i was gonna say, Yes, because they were expected to be intimate in almost episodes right?.... i didnt watch the drama till the end.. dropped it halfway... but in this case, PMY and Song Kang there are less intimate scenes as well as with age differences; SK still being a rookie actor, hence perhaps there is a bit of distance between him and PMY..

After watching ep10- 

I think it was a right decision for HaKyung to make Siwoo to go to Jeju... the separation is perhaps needed due their different views on marriage... maybe once there,  Siwoo can understand why Jeju is a beautiful place for married couple, maybe he will change his mind on love, marriage and children ... as for HaKyung, yes, i think she needs to think if SiWoo is actually good for her... hmmm

But yeah the next episode preview was unexpected.. Si Woo got into an accident and his eyes seemed to be affected. Hope he will be fine... what will HaKyung do if he lost his sight.. of course it wouldnt come to that but just maybe...

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

NEW EVENT- Discover BTS and come fall in love with them!:fullofhearts:

Whether you are a seasoned ARMY member or just a novice who is eager to know more about the phenomenon called BTS that has taken the world with a storm. Discover BTS with our new event and participate in the fun poll. There is something for everyone. :piggydance:

Re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

@partyon

I think you should take the lack of romance issue between otp with the PD of "Forecasting Love And Weather".:joy: 'Cause I've watched the behind-the-scenes clips for this week's ep. & the leads had chemistry AND some pretty lovey-dovey moments but for some strange reason, DIDN'T make it into the final cut.:unamused: Idk is it a censor issue or PD has a different direction on where drama should go..??

@Elchan

In Brangelina's case, it's a case of they should've stayed a couple and not end up married LoL? It's probably karmic payback but whatever it is I still admire Angelina for her humanitarian efforts & despite her "image", she does appear to adore her kids and is a decent mom.

Sadly, in today's world with the strange times we are in (tryin' to adapt to new pandemic norm etc) there're most of us that have bills to pay & don't wish to slave until our dying day LoL. But I get what you're saying as well that it depends on each individual what their priorities are.

Recently, it went viral in my country where this girl shamed and dumped her bf all because the poor guy had savings of 50K?! They were together for quite awhile too... She was lamenting how he couldn't wine & dine her or buy her expensive things. And he was only able to have that much savings eventhough he's working. The girl was attacked by netizens on how shallow she was and that she did the guy a favor by leaving him LoL.

Whatever it may be, I like that this drama is giving us all here much to debate on issues on relationships, marriages etc. Maybe that's why the otp's romance is taking a back seat ha-ha!?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I think you should take the lack of romance issue between otp with the PD of "Forecasting Love And Weather".:joy: 'Cause I've watched the behind-the-scenes clips for this week's ep. & the leads had chemistry AND some pretty lovey-dovey moments but for some strange reason, DIDN'T make it into the final cut.:unamused: Idk is it a censor issue or PD has a different direction on where drama should go..??

Seriously?!?!? :kicks:

@LeftCoastOppa and I need to have a word with the PD asap.

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 3/14/2022 at 5:31 AM, Elchan said:

Or he just simply doesn't want to get married or believe in it. My grandparents who raised me have had a great marriage and i've grown up witnessing it, but that doesn't stop me from not believing in it myself or ever wanting to get married. Not everyone believes in marriage. And as you pointed out in your first paragraph people are just as happy not married than some are being married. Doesn't have to be no marriage because of an inferiority complex... in some cases maybe, but in others that seems like an excuse by ones who want to get married to make those who don't want marriage seem lesser than them.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:51 AM, realistic2280a said:

After watching ep10- 

I think it was a right decision for HaKyung to make Siwoo to go to Jeju... the separation is perhaps needed due their different views on marriage... maybe once there,  Siwoo can understand why Jeju is a beautiful place for married couple, maybe he will change his mind on love, marriage and children ... as for HaKyung, yes, i think she needs to think if SiWoo is actually good for her... hmmm

But yeah the next episode preview was unexpected.. Si Woo got into an accident and his eyes seemed to be affected. Hope he will be fine... what will HaKyung do if he lost his sight.. of course it wouldnt come to that but just maybe...

They should just break up. I don't think it's fair for someone to be forced to change their beliefs on marriage or in general. And I don't think it's fair to make someone who wants marriage to have to give it up for someone who does not. One person loses either way so just end it and move on... find partners who want the same things in life. There's just no way there can be a real happy ending w/o one person giving up a belief of theirs which is likely to lead to resentment down the road.

Same with kids, if one wants them and the other doesn't then it's a done deal. No one should have kids if they do not want them and no one should not have kids if they want them.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@itsmeash... hence i said maybe 50%-50%...:D  People can change after they see different perspectives... they may carry on after their life's belief after an incident, or they can just continue, unwilling to change despite witnessing or experience something pleasent or unpleasent.

Thats life,  as change is often difficult :D:approves:

Personally i feel Siwoon is still young and has perhaps too simplistic view of the world...  if he cant fulfil the expectations of his older girlfriend, then yes, both should go on their separate ways...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I definitely think a person can change in general with actions and such, but beliefs are much stronger than normal thoughts/personality/action. When it comes to things such as marriage/kids, more often than not people know what they want and are dead set on it from day one. I've known I don't want kids or marriage since my teen years. I'm almost 30 now and I'm still very much in that mindset, and honestly, I will never change my mind on those two things... and it won't be because of view of the world. It's just how I feel inside. It's very possible that that's how SW is feeling, too. But really, whatever happens depends on the writer of the show. We won't know Siwoo's overall thoughts until the very end.

All I know is I really hope the show doesn't go the one of them gives into the other just to make them happy route. IRL, that only leads to discontent and hate later on. Maybe it really is just SWs past, but at the same time, maybe he really just knows what he wants and what he doesn't.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Ep 11 was great! :glasses: After a few lackluster episodes, we're back on track @LeftCoastOppa @sadthe1st @agenth!

I just knew the reason for Si Woo being shipped off to Jeju had nothing to do with him not wanting to get married. Honestly, should one forego great love for a piece of paper....? I'm glad that this was not the case.

Ha Kyung feeling regret that she hadn't dared to show him how much he loved him and him now being in hospital. :heartbreak:

I'm sure this is something she will learn from.

With love, you have to take risks and I hope she dares to take the leap of faith in the coming episodes.

We saw Ha Kyung's and Si Woo's communication break down a bit in this episode. But I guess this was required for them to get over this bigger hurdle in their relationship.

Tae Kyung and Forecaster Shin bonding over penguins - how cute is that! :smooches3:

If there's one thing I was pretty shocked about, was how Forecaster Oh - who is the bread winner of the family - has a husband who can't even take a break from studying for a couple of hours to take care of the kids. And that she should have to sacrifice herself again. :unamused:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Tae Kyung and Forecaster Shin bonding over penguins - how cute is that! :smooches3:

Meanwhile me: This woman is old enough to know better, but still so terribly dumb-acting.

You decide to write a character but don't do BASIC research. How insulting to all other writers. Someone else tells you basic facts about your character's background...

Snl Shame GIF by Saturday Night Live

As an amateur writer myself, when I built a character, I always thought about the history of a character from nationality to parents to upbringings. This woman here doesn't know a thing and embodies the "I NEED A MAN" trope on how to google "facts about penguins / crocodiles". And this in 2022.

Ew Reaction GIF by Women's History

The writer could write better reasons for her meeting Shin, but instead we get this. So NO, I don't support these two. that poor guy will have to manage every little detail of this woman's life. 

Shin:

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

11 minutes ago, agenth said:

The writer could write better reasons for her meeting Shin, but instead we get this. So NO, I don't support these two. that poor guy will have to manage every little detail of this woman's life. 

Okay, chingu, are there any characters you like in this drama? :loolz:

11 minutes ago, agenth said:

You decide to write a character but don't do BASIC research.

Does basic research include the pendulum principle and blood vessel structure, though?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

What did you think about the rest of the episode? :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Okay, chingu, are there any characters you like in this drama? :loolz:

Yes, Mr. Shin and The Advice Lady. 

Mr. Shin deserves a woman who won't cling onto him for every little thing and pout.

The Advice Lady truly tries her best, things just don't work out for her. 

The MCs are okay too. It's a new relationship, so of course they both will be uncertain, and of course gangster dad comes and tries to ruin things again.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, agenth said:

Yes, Mr. Shin and The Advice Lady. 

Wait, who's the Advice Lady? :emmm:

13 minutes ago, agenth said:

of course gangster dad comes and tries to ruin things again.

Yeah, what's up with that? :smashes:

• Like 2