[Drama 2022] Forecasting Love and Weather ✸ 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편

Maetawinz

Ooh, looks like ep 9 brought out some fundamental differences in how our lead couple see marriage.... Actually this whole episode was about marriage in one way or the other:

• Senior forecaster's wife saw her husband with Ha Kyung and believed that he was having an affair.... :tears: She looked pretty distraught over it too. Seems she's still in love with her husband after all.
  • Ha Kyung faced her mother once again when mom was trying to force her to go on dates. And we learnt that Ha Kyung's sister's marriage failed after only a year.
  • Ki Jun's and Yoo Jin's marriage looks pretty doomed currently. They're not communicating well and if it doesn't change, I don't see their marriage surviving....

Ki Jun stalking Si Woo and Ha Kyung when they were camping was so funny. Shout out to the actor playing Ki Jun (Yoon Park). He's doing an excellent job! :wub:

And seems one more person found out about our lead couple's relationship. With the way Ha Kyung and Ki Jun keep screaming in the stairwell, I'm surprised more people haven't found out about the relationship. lol :D 

I liked that both Ha Kyung and Si Woo had honest talks with Ki Jun and Yoo Jin. They were able to clear up certain misunderstandings, but also learn something new about each other.

I am quite intrigued about learning why Si Woo is so much against marriage? Even though it seems Ha Kyung is very much pro-marriage, I wonder how much her mother has influenced her to think that way?

The last picture of Si Woo on the left, Ha Kyung's mom on the right and Ha Kyung in the middle pretty much summed up where we're at currently with regard to marriage.

One thing, though. This doesn't have to be a deal breaker. People change with age and with different partners. One may be very much against marriage when younger, but change their minds later. Or vice versa.

And with relationships, it takes a lot of effort to compromise. Both are going to have to find middle ground and find a way to make it work for both of them. Ultimately one is going to have to compromise a little bit more than the other.

I have faith this is what is going to happen in Si Woo's and Ha Kyung's case too. Maybe they decide to never get married but start a family, or then Si Woo changes his mind about marriage. As long as they can make it work for both, it's not the end of the world. Today I read about a couple who had been together since they were around 20 years old - they finally got married to each other when they both turned 60. People change.

:issohappy:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I am quite intrigued about learning why Si Woo is so much against marriage? Even though it seems Ha Kyung is very much pro-marriage, I wonder how much her mother has influenced her to think that way?

The last picture of Si Woo on the left, Ha Kyung's mom on the right and Ha Kyung in the middle pretty much summed up where we're at currently with regard to marriage.

I think it has to do with his father/mother. His father is a chronic gambler, and verbally and possibly physically abusive. And he has a girlfriend. 

I think it's a touch ironic Kijun talks about Siwoo having to be serious about Hakyung, when Kijun was 10 years in a relationship and only 2 months ago they were supposed to be married. Unless they got engaged early on but kept postponing the wedding ?

• Like 2

Yikes why does everyone feel the need to butt in Ha Kyung & Si Woo's relationship yo!?

Oh what's with Mrs. Uhm's bug eyed expression? Don't tell me she suspects Mr. Uhm is havin' an affair?

I never understand asian parents that keep forcing their kids to marry. I get that you want them to be looked after but they're fully grown adults and it's 2022 for goodness sakes! Ha Kyung has a career and is very independent she is also not a hopeless ditz like her older sis. Whom btw I should be really concerned about if I were the mom. The woman can't even order a coffee drink properly ha-ha! Seok Ho will definitely keep her on her toes LoL.

• Like 1

i feel sorry for ha kyung. she believes in marriage while siwoo is agains it. i think there's a reason why he doesn't believe on it. and i think he will realize it in the next episodes while he is with ha kyung.

can't wait for their love to develop more deeply and in love! :fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

What I like about this drama is that we're witnessing a relationship grow. In most dramas, we usually see the main leads fall in love and get together at the end (we never witness the journey of their romantic relationship).

Therefore, I think this storytelling is fresh, as they let the viewers see how they grow, how they communicate, how they share their differences, and how they surpass the hurdles.:blush:

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, Kathia said:

What I like about this drama is that we're witnessing a relationship grow. In most dramas, we usually see the main leads fall in love and get together at the end (we never witness the journey of their romantic relationship).

Yes to this!!! Exactly why I am loving this drama too! :love:

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

Ok,  im late... just finish watching ep9...

just wanna say, SiWoo is BROKE! Of course he doesnt think of marriage at the moment....... No house, no savings, crazy abusive father...  what prospect does he have to offer a girl??.....

and now his girlfriend is more senior and has more money than him... him, person with high pride, of couse wouldnt want to burden the girfriend... until he is more stable, then maybe he can change his mind..

Yeah, kijun is over the top with his 'concerns'... sigh

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I really.. REALLY.. don't understand Mrs. Uhm at all. Not sure I want to either tsk. Instead of having an honest and open communication with her hubs, she jumps to conclusions.

She has been complaining how he has been an absent parent & when their daughter starts to get close (to her own dad I add) she disapproves! Over somethin' she didn't even bother to find out its authenticity.

The other problematic couple LoL - Ki Joon/ Yoo Jin. Yoo Jin was wrong to keep her past from him but so is Ki Joon LoL! He is livin' in the past & is fixated on his ex. They obviously married for idealistic expectations. So it's not surprising that they're takin' a time-out/break. Also they started off on the wrong foot - by cheating. Still Ki Joon should grow up & own up. Be a man damnit.

I don't get Ha Kyung's mom's obsession with marriage either LoL. Ahjumma~ get with the times yo. Marriage isn't what it used to be ok? Not like I know what I'm talking about but ha-ha, forcing it isn't the solution either. South Korea is pretty backwards when you think about their thoughts on gender stereotypes and families etc. Which is where Ha Kyung's mom is still stuck at.

That preview for next week don't look too good LoL. As it may involve Shi Woo? Please don't let anything bad happen..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

She has been complaining how he has been an absent parent & when their daughter starts to get close (to her own dad I add) she disapproves! Over somethin' she didn't even bother to find out its authenticity.

I think she didn't want her daughter to meet her husband's alleged girlfriend he's living with...

Ep 10 was my least favorite episode so far. I am absolutely loving the fact that we finally have a couple who are mature and who communicate, but we are not getting barely any passion, kisses or sexy time. It's not believable for a new couple like them. The drama plot has been slowing down since the last few episodes. :( 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

If he's not interested in marriage and deep down she is, then she should just cut her losses or implore him to explore what's the real reason he's ambivalent towards marriage. It's not fair for one person to compromise knowing they want to be married and the other person receiving the benefits of marriage without actually giving the benefit of marriage. Being in love is simply not forever. That is lame.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@TheQueenReturns

I think Shi Woo's hesitance on marriage stems from his wayward dad. And also he's shacking up with his gf with not much to speak of financially LoL. 

Their relationship remind me a lot of Tammy/Morgan of "Search:WWW". Morgan wants kids while Tammy (due to age) is against it. In the end they both sort of concede(?) though realistically that's not the best outcome.

@partyon

With Ki Joon constantly butting in and her mom making surprise "visits" isn't exactly conducive to any "sexy time" for the otp. Song Kang has better chemistry with his "Nevertheless" co-star.

Still Mrs. Uhm should have asked and cleared the air with the hubs don't you think? She's also ... frustrating as heck LoL. You treat your spouse like he's got the covid or something and then completely shut him out of the family all because of your suspicions and ego ugh. Frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@Latte_Anyday on top of that, she's getting bad I mean horrible advice from those who are married. The next day when their marriage is happy and fun, the bad advice if they gave that marriage is rough and basically should be avoided is what will stick.

Now all of a sudden she doesn't want to get married?, I don't see this as maturity of growth, I see this as a crisis and rebound hurt. It seems a bit toxic in my opinion. She's selling herself cheap because of the feelings that she feel, smh 

The female lead needs to be focused on her own doggone career and she's not doing well in her position

• Like 1

I also like the way the couples are talking things over in this drama, even when it's tough and they misunderstand one another. It really is refreshing to see them struggle and hopefully get past all their differences to be together  I too would like more lovey dovey between the OTP, though. They are so loving and adorable when they are in sync.

The one character I also don't understand at all is Mrs Uhm. Even if she is angry at her husband, why wouldn't she want her daughter to have a loving relationship with her dad? So destructive. Do not know where the writer is going with this.

Full disclosure: Mr. Uhm has become a favorite character for me. I smile when he shows up on screen. He's such "a guy."  So funny the way he takes up his space making himself at home at his home away from home. Was lovely to watch him beam with love and pride about his daughter, too.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

1.   She has been complaining how he has been an absent parent & when their daughter starts to get close (to her own dad I add) she disapproves!

2.    The other problematic couple LoL - Ki Joon/ Yoo Jin.  They obviously married for idealistic expectations. 

3. South Korea is pretty backwards when you think about their thoughts on gender stereotypes and families etc. Which is where Ha Kyung's mom is still stuck at.

1. Not sure if the father and daughter was ever that close ? (Still in ep9, havent watch ep 10)

2. It was the sex.. just sex :lol:

3. Its just as potrayed on tv... the older generations does think marriage is important but younger generation does not...and if what the tv shows are telling us, its hard to get decent jobs, unless you met chaebols... :lol: hence not easy to get good financially stable partner..

3 hours ago, partyon said:

The drama plot has been slowing down since the last few episodes. :( 

Its kinda expected.. i think... 

2 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Being in love is simply not forever. 

Agree... esp when there are circumstances which one party does/could  not make the effort to make a marriage work... it happens...

In general, with regards to Mrs Um.. yeah she just want TLC from her husband but he  doesnt seemed to be a person  like that... being absent hubsand/father that he is (hence the TheQueenReturns comment), it can lead to actual divorces if not someone actually killing the other partner due to deep resentment... :lol: (of unfair marriage obligations)

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Just popping in now , caught up to ep 10.  I have never , ever wondered about weather forecasts and with this drama I am almost at top of the class LOL ....kidding aside I actually liked every episode , no nothing to get my heart hot or cold just daily life of one segment of our society that i am seeing our of my curiosity .  All the characters are as individual as our daily weather and every episode reminded me that there is more to them / us than initially what we see when introduced.   I can see solutions to some of them , or possibilities but only the poor mama with two kids I honestly don't know what her answer is. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I also like the way the couples are talking things over in this drama, even when it's tough and they misunderstand one another. It really is refreshing to see them struggle and hopefully get past all their differences to be together  I too would like more lovey dovey between the OTP, though. They are so loving and adorable when they are in sync.

• Like 1

@realistic2280a

It's not just sex ok LoL? Yoo Jin mentioned the only reason she married Ki Joon was 'cause he was the only guy who asked. I was like HuH what the actual ... WHAT!??! That means she still doesn't get what marriage is all 'bout! She thinks she would end up a trophy wife havin' daily brunches with her besties & vacationing in N.Y. - y'know how Koreans love U.S.:unamused: She has her head in the clouds. Then she should have "aimed" higher like an assemblyman or whatever.:tounge_wink: She sound a lot like how most sugar babies do.

Mr. Uhm missed out a lot on the milestones of his daughter's life which I presumed were b'days, school pta meetings, exams etc. 'Cause she does know what her dad look like ha-ha! I just think they rarely bond? That's why he was thrilled when she showed up at his workplace.

Ha Kyung's mom keep insisting she worries as she is a daughter which sound sexist to me. Or how she worries what other neighbor thinks the daughter is livin' with 2 men in her apartment oh my gosh her mom's views are so ancient LoL! Then 'gain it's S.K. where they are pretty much narrow minded on most things. Funny as the country is advanced in technology etc. 

It depends on what you want isn't it? If you're like Yoo Jin, then you should aim for someone who's old money. If that isn't your cup of tea then you can settle with someone like Shi Woo LoL. Personally for me, as long as the guy is responsible & does the bare minimum that's enough really. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3