[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

1 hour ago, hunybunny said:

Yes. Do Hyun Su mother is also one of serial murder victim. In episode 6, Cha aji Won read Do Hyun Su File investigation, ahjummas said that he didn't even to care even when he heard that they found his mother's body. Why Do Meon Soek kill his wife? Why Do Min Soek must suicide if he really a psicopath. So confused. 

I didn't catch that  (I mean I didn't know DHS mother was also a murder victim, I just thought she died before all the killings, and the children only been living with their father in the village). I guess I have to watch that episode again.... uhmmm

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Cindy Tjioe said:

FOE is full of twist and from the beginning the thought that Do Min Seok is a serial killer has been implanted on our head but after watching ep 6 with subs I now think that the screenwritter is setting up for the biggest twist, that Do Min Seok is not the serial killer. What if he’s also the victim? And he’s there watching for HS wanting to protect him from the real killer? The witness of the Jung Mi Sook's kidnap said 'the monster' was not Do Min Seok. The real serial killer is still alive (probably the same person who threatens Nam Soon Gil). It must be someone who has been introduced to us, but whoo.....  

And I understand now the comments about how strong Ji Won is emotionally... goshh she held back tears and only let it out when she was by herself. Such strong woman. 

I love the scene when HS asked the taxi driver how he was feeling when the wife is dead, he was trying his best to understand how Ji Won was feeling. It's clear he cares about her

I watched Episode 6 without sub, so probably missed a lot of the details. But somehow I agree with @Cindy Tjioe that Do  Min Seok may not be the serial killer we have been led to think he was. 

DHS's adoptive father has an evil side since he gave DHS the deadly dose to kill the taxi driver ( I didn't understand a thing they said, I am presuming stuff and can  be wrong here), I bet there are lots to tell about the Baek's family.  The real BHS's cell phone conversation just before he hit DHS sounded dodgy as well .... so there are lots of who and why and what...

I  think the story writing addresses how people are perceived  based on stereotyping in our society - the prejudices suffered by  the Do's children, how DHS/BHS taught his daughter the importance of having a "good" reputation, the Senior Baek who is the director of a hospital, respectful social status where no one will question or doubt his character...

Does that mean -  the ones we are led to perceive as "evil"   are  not actually evil and vice versa?  Hmm.... I don't want to think too much , just enjoying the ride and all will be revealed in the end !

Flower of Evil is so good ! What a treat for us !

• Like 9

My 1st drama of  Lee Joon Gi is Illjimae. He was so epic in that. Ohh and Time btw Dog and Wolf.. 

Currently loving this series. Kinda needs it after healing drama period is over .. Ohh watch Chip In as well!!

2 hours ago, hunybunny said:

Why Do Meon Soek kill his wife? Why Do Min Soek must suicide if he really a psicopath. So confused. 

Or did he suicide? What if he was forced to? Do Hyun Soo needs to make up his mind! To think his wife knew his lie when he is in coma. LoL.  I imagine Do Min Seok is killed and set up as suicide. What kind of serial killer who went on killing and ends his life. Most psychopaths will go on a route with eyes all over him. To be famous and appreciated. Watch Criminal Minds if you get what I meant. Psycho killer is to feel estascy when they found out their achievements is being parade. So i think that Father of Joon Gi didnt kill himself

I wondee how devastating her heart is .. imagine living 14 years.. Saw her hubby loving and care for her own child. Deep down in my heart - their daughter will be the one who save him. 

I think now Joon Gi biggest FEAR is to be branded as a killer in front of his daughter and wife.

Now Do Hyun Soo is teaming up with that weird Reporter and that killer ... How the story will progress? What is the correlation btw the fake family and him? 

Why did the colleagues of Detective Moon Chae Woon is so good in deducting and skeptical?? Now she knows abt her own hubby identity.. 

:notsureifserious: My serious thought is  

This drama will end with Joon Gi dies protecting his "loving father image" in front of his daughter.. and Moon Chae Woon moves to countryside with her mother...Imagine the shock his daughter will receive if she knows the father is a big Fat Liar and Killer.. she will be an outcast like what happen to the current sister. LMAO

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, JungRok said:

My 1st drama of  Lee Joon Gi is Illjimae. He was so epic in that. Ohh and Time btw Dog and Wolf.. 

Currently loving this series. Kinda needs it after healing drama period is over .. Ohh watch Chip In as well!!

Or did he suicide? What if he was forced to? Do Hyun Soo needs to make up his mind! To think his wife knew his lie when he is in coma. LoL. 

I wondee how devastating her heart is .. imagine living 14 years.. Saw his hubby loving and care for his own child. Deep down in my heart - their daughter will be the one who save him. 

I think now his biggest FEAR is to be branded as a killer in front of his daughter and wife.

Now Do Hyun Soo is teaming up with that weird Reporter and that killer ... How the story will progress? What is the correlation btw the fake family and him? 

Why did the colleagues of Detective Moon Chae Woon is so good in deducting and skeptical?? Now she knows abt her own hubby identity.. 

My serious thought is  

This drama will end with Joon Gi dies protecting his "loving father image" in front of his daughter.. and Moon Chae Woon moves to countryside with her mother...Imagine the shock his daughter will receive if she knows the father is a big Fat Liar and Killer.. she will be an outcast like what happen to the current sister. LMAO

Noooo, I don't want LJG to die !!!! But who says he is a "killer" and he has a reason tokeep his past hidden .... If you were DHS, and you have a chance for a new life ,would you not? 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tuiwgn said:

Noooo, I don't want LJG to die !!!! But who says he is a "killer" and he has a reason tokeep his past hidden .... If you were DHS, and you have a chance for a new life ,would you not? 

I had this feeling "He did kill someone. But not in cold blood" 

I did! I do want a new life. But he slipped up! He should hv stopped the reporter. The gear started when someone fed the Taxi Driver with info. I bet it was his sister. Joon Gi sister might be jealous of him.. having a normal life with a daughter without a constant disturbance from press.   Yeahh I bet it was his sister who set him up and the gears of doubt, guilt and truth were in motion. Imagine 14 years pass and she found out Joon Gi is happy peacefully while she is living shunned out by community due to being a murderer daughter 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

In Episode 2.Cha Ji Won see the victim of serial murder and she say why Do Min Soek? Young detective tell her that DO MIN SOEk use dog collar in every victim Serial murder.but Young detective say the police never can't identify detail of the victim.But always same pattern dog collar in victim neck, injury to the ankle. by Do Hyun Su flashback his father always bring collar dog.But in episode 6 Do Hyun Su screaming hysterically that he  know about his father is serial murder from tv. it make me headache. When Cha Ji Won watch tv investigation about a cell use to lock up the victim she really shock .Let see what happen in episode 7.

• Like 8

BHS is smart and careful and that is how he managed to live all those years.

But, suddenly he didnt immediately notice that he had lost his watch.

And when he remembered that, he just shrugged. 

It is also strange that he is not suspicious of the change in JWs behavior.

It is clear that JW is shaken and confused.

This taxi driver is smart and insightful.

Im glad that  he now believes that Dohyun is not guilty.

1a94df36b55148fc859b0ac35be853be.jpeg?fi

• Like 7

After watch episode 6 , DHS has Schizoid personality disorder.that why he always have fantasies about his father when always show up when he is with CJW and when he is in coma he have fantasies his sister.

What Are the Symptoms of Schizoid Personality Disorder?

People with schizoid personality disorder often are reclusive, organizing their lives to avoid contact with other people. Many never marry or may continue to live with their parents as adults. Other common traits of people with this disorder include the following:

• They do not desire or enjoy close relationships, even with family members.
  • They choose solitary jobs and activities.
  • They take pleasure in few activities, including sex.
  • They have no close friends, except first-degree relatives.
  • They have difficulty relating to others.
  • They are indifferent to praise or criticism.
  • They are aloof and show little emotion.
  • They might daydream and/or create vivid fantasies of complex inner lives.
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 4

"I always thought that I was lucky to have met you. But for the first time, I'm thinking you should've never met me. I finally know what it means. I'm sorry." -Hee Song

i am stuck at 'i finally know what it means' part. he realizes he love her? 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, thephamle said:

"I always thought that I was lucky to have met you. But for the first time, I'm thinking you should've never met me. I finally know what it means. I'm sorry." -Hee Song

i am stuck at 'i finally know what it means' part. he realizes he love her? 

this is how I take it: 

In the flashback before they had their first kiss, Ji Won asked HS “do you feel sorry cause you have nothing to offer me?” And he replied “I dont know how to feel that way”. He was emotionless and never felt sorry for someone. Now he realised what that feeling is, how to feel sorry to someone: somehow he probably feels guilty he has dragged Ji Won in his complicated life. But that feeling of course emerges due to his genuine love for Ji Won. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2

source https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002886860

translation in the box

Spoiler

Flower of Evil’: Chapter 2 begins… Lee Joongi’s real identity as ‘murder suspect’ revealed to Moon Chaewon

Flower of Evil’ has opened a new chapter as Moon Chaewon starts to get really suspicious.
Episode 6 of ‘Flower of Evil (August 13) averaged 3.6% and peaked at 4.4% in national ratings on paid platforms, including cable, IPTV, and satellite.
The latest episode saw Cha Jiwon (Moon Chaewon) finally becoming aware of the real identity of her husband Baek Heeseong (Lee Joongi), with the tables turned and the couple’s suspenseful story taking a new turn.
Seeing Heeseong awake, Jiwon bursts into tears, but something seems to have changed about her.
In fact, this change in Jiwon has been brought on by the truth that Jiwon is forced to face: Heeseong is Do Hyunsoo. Still unconscious, Heeseong mistook her for his sister Do Haesoo and said: “I will never live as Do Hyunsoo anymore.”
Unaware of this, Heeseong tries to kill Park Gyungchun. But instead of killing him, Heeseong tells Gyungchun that the golden carp keychain was offered by someone who came by Do Minseok’s funeral. Suggesting that Do Minseok did have an accomplice and that accomplice might have actually killed Gyungchun’s wife, Heeseong says, “Don’t chase the illusion, but chase the real thing.”
Jiwon finally opens the door to Heeseong’s workshop basement. After she’s confirmed the person she’s loved the most has been lying and hiding secrets from her, she starts to cry, leaving viewers brokenhearted.
With a determined look on her face, Jiwon says “Psychopaths cannot take care of people or creatures weaker than them,” and recalls a scene where Heeseong took care of his daughter.
She says, “I only believe what I see,” it indicates her resolution to chase the truth about her husband. Viewers wonder how the sad but suspenseful story about this couple will turn out.

Meanwhile, the witness who saw Park Gyungchun's wife being kidnapped handed a cassette tap containing the threatening voice of the suppose accomplice to Moo Jin. Viewers are guessing who is the accomplice is. 

The hunt for the truth is on.  I can't wait to see their level of bond strengthen as seen in the highlight trailer where they'll kissed and Hee Seong's visible scar is shown as she undressed him.   

• Like 9

Time to cast your votes! It's poll time!

This show is just so good, and we are all itching to get some answers. Let's find out if we can predict what will be revealed in upcoming episodes.

giphy.gif

C'mon all amateur detectives - now is the time to answer the following questions:

1) Who was Do Min Seok's accomplice?

2) Has Do Hyun Soo killed anyone?

3) Will we get a happy or a sad ending?

You have time to vote until Wednesday.

A big thank you to all of you who sent in question suggestions ! :kiss_wink: Unfortunately I could only choose three questions this time.

Tagging some people I have seen on this thread:

@Lmangla @Jillia @rocher22 @thephamle @Cindy Tjioe @mystic62 @Madu Mita @hibiscus23 @chickenchopflipflop83 @Seonhoyaa @bombshellchick1 @kdrama @jazz85 @hunybunny @Mona Ys @Tuiwgn @JungRok @luffie @glory @ScarlettRose @smartiegal @Latte_Anyday @LumbarSpine @aisling @-Love Blossom- @hazelyeot @patheticsane @H0ney @sas79 @mulberry9 @stella77 @jeonghyang

Please answer the poll on the top of this page - feel free to elaborate your answer in a post :kiss_wink:

• Like 8
  • Awesome 5

57 minutes ago, partyon said:

This show is just so good, and we are all itching to get some answers. Let's if we can predict what will be revealed in upcoming episodes.

C'mon all amateur detectives - now is the time to answer the following questions:

2) Has Do Hyun Su killed anyone?

A big thank you to all of you who sent in suggestions of questions! :kiss_wink: Unfortunately I could only choose three questions this time.

1) Do Min Seok's accomplice is Do Hae So, his daughter. She wanted approval from her dad? Only a guess.

2) Do Hyun So killed the village foreman because the village foreman tried to rape his sister.

3) Happy ending

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I have now watched ep 5 and 6 and decided to bring my own observations to the thread.

I am totally in awe of this drama ! It is just so good! :kiss_wink:

• The drama is starting to depict DHS/BHS more as a victim of his upbringing and circumstances, than someone who truly is a psychopathic killer.
    Even though I would be really overjoyed if he was given a chance to live a happy life and we get a nice ending, I am struggling a bit with the fact that the drama is suddenly showing him understanding other peoples' feelings and feeling genuine concern about his wife. This contradicts quite a lot how he has been depicted before this, so I am a bit of a loss over this sudden change in his personality.....
  • I was really surprised that Ji Won found out already now about his real identity. I assume they are doing this two showcase the second part of the drama, which will focus on the suspicions and melodrama parts
  • The fake parents are unbelievably cold but very intriguing at the same time. I am looking forward to learning about the story how Do Hyun Soo became Baek Hee Sung.

On a side note, don't know if you noticed but we now have at least three fish key rings out there.
I was pretty surprised to see that in the bag that Nam Soon Gil's wife gave to Ji Won, there was a recorder with a key ring.

tenor.gif?itemid=14399553

• Like 12
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

This show is just so good, and we are all itching to get some answers. Let's find out if we can predict what will be revealed in upcoming episodes.

A big thank you to all of you who sent in suggestions of questions! :kiss_wink: Unfortunately I could only choose three questions this time.

Tagging some people I have seen on this thread:

@Lmangla @Jillia @rocher22 @thephamle @Cindy Tjioe @mystic62 @Madu Mita @hibiscus23 @chickenchopflipflop83 @Seonhoyaa @bombshellchick1 @kdrama @jazz85 @hunybunny @Mona Ys @Tuiwgn @JungRok @luffie @glory @ScarlettRose @smartiegal @Latte_Anyday @LumbarSpine @aisling @-Love Blossom- @hazelyeot @patheticsane @H0ney @sas79 @mulberry9 @stella77 @jeonghyang

1)Do Minseok’s accomplice was Hyunso and probably an acquaintance. It explains his trauma, his anti social personality ,hallucinations and his experience in holding people hostage etc... I don’t think he did it out of choice. 

Hae Soo was not as involved as he was and that’s why she was “normal” enough to be pursued by Moojin.

I think he doesn’t kill anymore due to trauma of being forced to do it before.

2) The Village Foreman,he admitted to Moojin twice and he might have helped his dad with a few...

3) They are a married couple with a child so they can’t make it too tragic. My guess is most likely one of them dies and Eunha is looked after by the one that lives. Anti-climatic or open ended is a possibility. Happy ending seems to cliche for a show like this .

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

It is too early to guess.  I try to answer but I don`t really know.

1. I don`t think that Do Hyun So was his father`s accomplice. I think he has a trauma because he and hister  were abused by his father. Maybe he witnessed his crimes but he erased from the memory. We`ll see. The accomplice is someone Hyun Soo knows but we don`t know that who might be yet/ neither Hyun Soo. 

2. No, he did not kill. He think he has murdered that man but he was alive when he left.

3. I think he will be exonerated by all the suspisious for the old crimes. Maybe Hyun Soo will die protecting his family or he will rescue the last victim of the real murderer. The drama can end with Ji Won accepting Hyun Soo as family after finding everything about his past. I chose and hope for the happy ending.

The family of real Baek Hee Sung are scary. Not even a single positive emotion on their face. I am also curious about their story. What Hyun Soo have against them and why Hee Sung is in coma.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I agree on the fish keychain! I thought that there was another fish keychain in his backpack?!  

Poll time:

1) Who was Do Min Seok's accomplice? Still undecided! 

2) Has Do Hyun Soo killed anyone? Noooooo!! Bias mode on. 

3) Will we get a happy or a sad ending? Yeeees to the max! 

• Like 8