[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004257789

Translation 

Spoiler

‘Flower of Evil’: Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon, from desperate melodrama to heart-stopping tension. A look back at Best Scenes TOP 4

Episode 6 opened a new chapter in the story as Cha Jiwon finally becomes aware that Baek Heeseong is actually murder suspect Do Hyunsoo. The drama has completely hooked its viewers with the breakneck pace at which the story unfolds and constantly unpredictable turns of events. Let us take a look back at the scenes that have kept you on the edge of your seats:

Episode 1: Signs of Lee Joongi’s (Baek Heeseong) real identity! His first encounter (in the drama) with Seo Hyunwoo (Kim Moojin) who knows everything.
Episode 3: Heart-stopping suspense from our couple! Lee Joongi v. Moon Chaewon’s hide-and-seek on the balcony!
Episode 5: Ending filled with desperation and melodrama! Lee Joongi’s monolog when realizing he feels ‘sorry’ as Moon Chaewon cries!
Episode 6: Suspicion begins! Confused Moon Chaewon’s outbursts, baffled Lee Joongi shifting between polar opposites of facial expressions!
The change in their relationship, hanging between doubt and trust, breaks viewers’ hearts and also makes them wonder how this relationship will further change.
Packed with iconic scenes that keep you alert, tvN’s ‘Flower of Evil’ airs every Wednesday and Thursday.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:56 PM, -Love Blossom- said:

I am glad that Moon Chaewon and Lee Joongi :wub: finally have a drama that gives them the opportunity to showcase their talent. Both of them are brilliant actors but their scripts are not always great. 

Thank you.You spoke my mind. I am a strong fan of Lee Joon Gi's and I say this sincerely, I am more happier for Moon Chae Won. At least LJG ended his unlucky streak with Lawless Lawyer. To me, Moon Chae Won has had an unlucky drama streak since 2015. Goodbye Mr Black, to Mama Fairy and the woodcutter, to Criminal Minds. All dramas where her character were not well written and not well directed. It doesnt help that they usually cast her with popular actors so the media spotlight is always on her costars not her even when she consistently gives good performances. Its the same with her movies too. She is so underrated.

This drama has brought out her best performance yet. Its like an upgraded version of her performance in Nice Guy/Innocent Man. Her acting is more mature.More depth.Her emoting is on point. I love her chemistry with LJG. The ratings this time dont matter.This is a good drama. I hope from this drama onwards, she continues to get great scripts and work in good productions that showcase her talent. 

See you after ep 7 y'all

53432160d82dda5683613a32f82613a3b383db8d

af7487e97767d76963e12d5c34805f4095d1f137

152b21a9ca35eb900dc193b61804462c679d8083

• Like 9
  • Love 6

OK i have a crazy idea: 

Spoiler

What If dms's accomplice is jung mi sook? Her body was never found right? And she might have given away the key chain to hae soo to give people the impression she was dead. And the cleaner probably saw her getting caught by someone who found out what she was doing? 

It's either that or the baeks definitely have something to do with it. Especially the guy in the coma, although I cannot In my mind figure out how they can be involved without the story becoming too far fetched 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004256835

Translation

Spoiler

Flower of Evil’ Lee Joongi completes the narrative with his unmatched acting … starts to prove Do Hyunsoo’s innocence

Episode 6 sees Lee Joongi revealing new layer upon layer of Do Hyunsoo that’s been hidden by Baek Heeseong. Heeseong has made a miraculous recovery from the crisis where he nearly died. But he immediately sets out to hide his identity.
But without even knowing, he has let slip the most important clue to Jiwon (Moon Chaewon), the last person he wants to share the secret with. While unconscious, Heeseong said to himself, “I will never live as Do Hyunsoo anymore.” Jiwon then starts an investigation to find links between her husband Heeseong and Do Hyunsoo, keeping viewers on the edge of their seats.
As the story progresses, Lee Joongi tells Do Hyunsoo’s story with his delicate acting. Seeing Lee Joongi on screen, viewers have stopped being suspicious but started to try to prove Do Hyunsoo’s innocence.
In ‘Flower of Evil,’ Lee Joongi tells the story of Do Hyunsoo flawlessly shifting between suspense and melodrama, the complete opposite genres. Viewers wonder what more of the this story will break the hearts of small screen viewers.

• Like 10

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)

All chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!

We have chosen three sageuks:

1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

2) Empress Ki (with Ji Chang Wook)

3) The Moon Embracing the Sun (with Kim Soo Hyun)

All three dramas were big hits back in the day, some even achieving over 40% viewership ratings!

You can join one of the re-watch parties or all of them! It doesn't matter if you have already seen the drama or it's your first time. Everyone is welcome to join!

:piggydance:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon & @Lmangla

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, bombshellchick1 said:

Interesting on incest theory but I don't think Korean drama is ready for that...it's too much for propriety. you know how strict they are on these matters...it'll b too much to handle.

Totally agree, Korea isn't ready for that kind of theme yet. Just like in The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, in the original Japanese version, the main couple was intimately involved only to find out in the end they're actually siblings but the K-version was modified. If this is a J-drama, it would be plausible :)

@partyon How does a re-watch party works? Like how can one join and what actually happens? Forgive my ignorance since I am not really familiar with all the activities here in Soompi  ezgif-com-video-to-gif-7.gif 

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

9 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

@partyon How does a re-watch party works? Like how can one join and what actually happens? Forgive my ignorance since I am not really familiar with all the activities here in Soompi  ezgif-com-video-to-gif-7.gif 

No worries @lightbringer06. There might be other chingus on here who are wondering the same thing. :kiss_wink:

It's really easy. If you click on the link on my previous post, it will bring you to our events page.

On that page there will be a description of all the dramas that are up for a re-watch, as well as, links to the respective drama threads.

Simply go to the drama thread of your choice and post a comment on the thread that you want to join the party!

Here are direct links to the threads as well (just in case) :

Empress Ki

Moon Embracing the Sun

Faith

Just click on the title and it will take you directly to the drama thread! :kiss_wink:

There is more information on each drama thread about the re-watch party rules.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Lol The only incest you would get is if it’s an historical drama based on real figures. See Wang So and what’s her face half sister. Back then, it was normal but today heck noooooo! Even in those two dramas that depicted that king, they went out of the way to not romanticize that relationship and give him another love interest even though in real life, that was the relationship lol So the odds that a modern drama would do that even in this scenario which would be categorized as parental sexual abuse, are slim to none. So like it was previously pointed out, they are still guidelines for them to follow cable or not. Korea is not ready. 

Anyway, even with HS father, we only know what the police report, media, and the population is telling us. I’m still waiting for them to show him as he was not as the figment of HS imagination. Are we judging him the same way HS is being judged? Assuming HS is telling the truth, he said he found out about the accusations against his father from the media.  Then again, they never showed what HS saw in MJ’s cam. That might be the only thing that makes the father looks suspicious (unless that was part of the plan of whoever is setting him up). 

• Like 9

I've been thinking about the real Baek Heesung, and here is my theory 

Spoiler

I think he is gay!

That phone call he was having before the car accident, really made me think about it. "No matter how difficult it is, I need to face this by myself" is such a recurring line in queer movies, that I can't just ignore it, lol. I don't think he would be that worried if he was to introduce a girlfriend to his family, as much as his mom is completely crazy in the head. 

3gGu8cY.png

He says next "So... How did that person seem to you?" 

Streaming sites are translation this as "she", but he says "saram" which means person.

He could've easily said "How did my girlfriend seem to you?", but nope, the writer just went with "person" like she is hiding a information from us.

That just sounds like he just introduce his significant other to a friend, and is now making a difficult decision that only he can face alone (telling his parents).

The drama have been talking a lot about reputation, influence. As part of a wealthy conservative korean family, this type of news that would be completely unacceptable, his crazy impulsive mom would go completely insane, that her only son would be destroying her family's image, and probably even destroy his father's future as a doctor. And we had a hint last episode that she did something 15 years ago, probably to her son. 

SG6GJJj.jpg

That would explain why his mom hates Hyunsoo's happy life so much, because that "normal" happy life is something her own son would never had, in her mind. She is not just angry with Hyunsoo's family, she is bitter they are not hers.  

Her son would never give her a granddaughter, he would never bring a wife into their family, they would never have family gatherings like they had on Heesung's birthday. She would never be able to brag about his son ever... They would have to cut ties. 

Another thing is that he is LITERALLY kept inside of the closet!! 

This drama has this little details that we don't pay much attention, and this one I couldn't pass through

They could have him in any place, hide him aaanywhere, but he is in a hidden door behind their closet?  

This just looks like a hint to me. 

xKcKUJ7.jpg

Anyway, I can be completely crazy on this one, but I had to share LOL Couldn't stop thinking about him... 

• Like 6
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 6

DHS watch still with CJW. And Detective know as CJW watch like she said to him. In episode 6 CJW tell Nam Joon Kil wife to keep secret about DHs stuff. How aChoe detective reaction if he know the truth about the man who fight with CJW is DHS. What detective reaction when they know CJW keep secret about DHS real identity? Like Detective Choi said if you act as police you must sit with me. If you want be your husband side you may sit with him. But CJW choose another option go to the outside. It sign that she choose the other way. 

• Like 7

source: https://www.womensweekly.com.sg/gallery/entertainment/flower-of-evil-lee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won-new-drama/

Spoiler

Flower Of Evil: Why We Love Lee Joon Gi & Moon Chae Won’s New Drama

Here’s a new K-drama to obsess over

August 12, 2020

If you love your psychological thrillers, then we’ve got the perfect K-drama to recommend. Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won reunite again on Flower of Evil as a married couple. Trouble brews when Baek Hee Sung’s (Lee Joon Gi) dark past threatens to unravel and shake up everything that Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) thought she knew about her seemingly perfect husband. Without giving too much away, here’s why we’re hooked on this riveting series that’s so different from the feel-good, romantic K-dramas that have been dominating the streaming space recently.

1. We get to see Lee Joon Gi flex his acting chops

In Flower of Evil, Lee Joon Gi plays a dynamic character with dual identities – watch him go from being a loving husband and father one minute to a cold, calculating person displaying psychopathic traits in the next.

2. The riveting storyline

Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) is a lawful detective married to Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi). On the surface, he seems like the perfect husband and father, but viewers got glimpses into his complicated past that is threatening to catch up with him. Watch the couple play out their cat and mouse game as Cha Ji Won begins to have mounting suspicions against her husband.

3. Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won’s chemistry

3/5

Credit: Viu

Having played partners-in-crime in the 2017 drama Criminal Minds, Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won are no strangers to working with each other. Fans will get to witness their sizzling on-screen chemistry again, this time as a loving couple.

4. The star-studded, stellar supporting cast
Flower of Evil also features a strong supporting cast. Spot familiar faces, like Son Jong Hak (The Good Detective) and Seo Hyun Woo (Ashfall). For K-pop fans, this also marks the acting debut of former IOI member, Im Na Young.
5. The emotional rollercoaster ride that this drama promises

The show opens with moments of bliss between the couple, but we know it won’t be long before everything starts to fall apart. Cha Ji Won begins to track down her husband’s past and suspects that he may be a serial killer. What happens next? It’s only been four episodes so far, but we know that this drama is bringing us on an emotional rollercoaster and we’re all along for a ride.

5/5

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, Jillia said:

It's confirmed that actress Han Soo Yeon will make a special appearance as Jung Mi Sook. She already appeared briefly but will show up more in the upcoming episode 7. :)

Source: KJDaily

Ommmo ommo does it mean she plays a bigger role than what we expect? 

I still think since her body was not found, maybe she wasn't a victim? 

• Like 6
  • Shocked 6
  • Insightful 2

I have to say, I'm loving how unpredictable this drama is. I couldn't vote in the poll because I really have no idea! I don't think DHS/BHS killed all those people, but I'm also hesitant to say he's totally innocent. If I had to guess, I'd say he was aware of his father's proclivities but not actually involved. I also don't know if he has any of the classic "kdrama lost childhood memories" or not to explain what he knows or doesn't (though I hope this trope isn't the case.) 

Regarding his wife and daughter: while he clearly lacks empathy and has social issues, and I don't think he loves them the way most people do, I do think he cares about them in his own way. It's also possible he's come to truly love them over time. Babies and toddlers can be challenging and and really test your patience, and I don't know if DHS/BHS could've gotten away with 100% faking it through all that. Ages ago I read a discussion on Reddit from a psychopath or sociopath (don't recall) who was married with a child, and he said he cared about his child because she was connected to him/part of him, so that's also an option, though I do hope he really does love her as a parent should and it does appear that way from his interactions with her. We've seen him go out of his way to be sweet or funny to her (i.e. the teasing in the hospital) even when it's technically unnecessary. (Though I'm possibly being swayed by how adorable LJG is with the little girl!)

• Like 10

11 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

I've been thinking about the real Baek Heesung, and here is my theory 

Reveal hidden contents

I think he is gay!

That phone call he was having before the car accident, really made me think about it. "No matter how difficult it is, I need to face this by myself" is such a recurring line in queer movies, that I can't just ignore it, lol. I don't think he would be that worried if he was to introduce a girlfriend to his family, as much as his mom is completely crazy in the head.

He says next "So... How did that person seem to you?" 

Streaming sites are translation this as "she", but he says "saram" which means person.

He could've easily said "How did my girlfriend seem to you?", but nope, the writer just went with "person" like she is hiding a information from us.

That just sounds like he just introduce his significant other to a friend, and is now making a difficult decision that only he can face alone (telling his parents).

The drama have been talking a lot about reputation, influence. As part of a wealthy conservative korean family, this type of news that would be completely unacceptable, his crazy impulsive mom would go completely insane, that her only son would be destroying her family's image, and probably even destroy his father's future as a doctor. And we had a hint last episode that she did something 15 years ago, probably to her son. 

That would explain why his mom hates Hyunsoo's happy life so much, because that "normal" happy life is something her own son would never had, in her mind. She is not just angry with Hyunsoo's family, she is bitter they are not hers.  

Her son would never give her a granddaughter, he would never bring a wife into their family, they would never have family gatherings like they had on Heesung's birthday. She would never be able to brag about his son ever... They would have to cut ties. 

Another thing is that he is LITERALLY kept inside of the closet!! 

This drama has this little details that we don't pay much attention, and this one I couldn't pass through

They could have him in any place, hide him aaanywhere, but he is in a hidden door behind their closet?  

This just looks like a hint to me. 

Anyway, I can be completely crazy on this one, but I had to share LOL Couldn't stop thinking about him...

This is a brilliant idea. A lot more plausible than incest. I've given it some thought and decided to expand on it: 

Spoiler

The real BHS brings DHS home after the accident. Baek man woo learns of DHS's real identity and used him as a hired gun to kill BHS's boyfriend. (that scene where BMW proposes for DHS to kill the taxi driver looks somewhat loaded, either BMW has killed before, or this is not the first time he has asked DHS to kill for him). 

BHS learns that DHS was the one to kill his loved one and a fight ensues. In the chaos, BHS'S Mom loses her temper and causes BHS an injury which leads him to fall into a comma. Hence, BHS's mom saved DHS's life. 

When BHS wakes up, he is going to try to kill DHS again. 

I like this prediction because it is ironic that his own biological father had never asked him to kill. But he has to do it for his adoptive father instead. 

Nevertheless I am beginning to feel a bit of despair, as I think even though they are starting to reveal DHS's real personality, I don't have much hope that he hasn't killed anyone before and the drama will end with a Happy ending. 

My only wish is that we perhaps find out why jiwon wants so bad to be a police officer. Maybe she is in it for some warped reason and believes in her own sense of justice instead of the law, and she will help to cover up for him. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Insightful 3