[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

I watched ep 6 (now caught up in time to see ep 7 tonight)

Thanks everyone for thoughts, articles @mystic62 loved the flow of his roles. I have not seen all his dramas but the majority. I do agree LJK is amazing. He caught my eye in King and the Clown (his break out role). He is a sexy Vampire in a saeguk.

Thanks for the goodies @Jillia @jeonghyang OOH I see recap images for today's episode. You sooo rock.

@mulberry9 @Madu Mita I agree it is a plan and YES it has to be a later shown drama. I would not call this drama family friendly overall. Such a dark story and themes (interspersed with initially happy family scenes) but still crimes/ torture/ murder etc def calls for a later time to show this drama.

I admit I wanted to watch it but hesitated as I need to mentally prepare for this topic and darkness. Glad I got in the right mind frame to be able to enjoy the subtle nuances and great storyline too.

So much to see the real HS run over our ML and he refused to be hospitalized. So how did the real HS get bedridden in the hospital?

OMG that turn/twist that JW overheard HS calling for his Nuna to live well and that he was going to leave his "real life/identity" for a new one. Chilling indeed. But I was glad we saw JW recount that HS loving their daughter and caring for her. He also raised a dog for 10 yrs. So he was not a typical psychopath. I liked how the reporter and JW both were like---person is not guilty of rumors ONLY or suspicions. I TOO was like ---the witness saw another person helping HS bio dad with his murders. I def do not think it is HS either.

The fact HS let the taxi driver go, i was not surprised the taxi driver pretended to not wake up. It was good that during all that time he was lying there he did confess he KNEW nothing of HS. All he know was rumors only of what people THOUGHT he was like. When he heard that HS got his wife key chain from his sister (he must have felt really guilty he could have killed another innocent man).  I am glad and now thinking the prejudice that HS had to deal with about his dad. He is NO angel when he imprisoned the reporter and their weird synergy of working relationship. i am glad he said I don't like compliments, I feel like a pet or dog.  These alliances HS has with the taxi driver and the reporter.

Hmm going to find out more about the reporter dating HS's sister when they were younger. 

How did Hae Su get the fish luck charm?  Did she go through their dad's stuff and did she realize it was a victim's souvenir /momento?

We know that the one the taxi driver killed the guy --- wow he was nice to hold onto his bag of stuff since he left town. Dang. Now that JW has it and went to the basement. It is CHILLING for her to see the ties (that the dad used) there.

Poor JW to almost lose her hubby. To have HS ask the taxi driver how he felt when his wife died. (We know his issue but the taxi driver doesn't know and must have thought him off the deep end.) 

HS is feeling emotions just due to being always thinking he CANNOT feel he doesn't trust it or as others called him a freak and thought he had spirits in him. His seeing his dead ghost dad did not help.

I had a chill when JW sunbae CHoi Jae Sub was told by HS, I know you never liked me. Then for him to say--those who try to get on my good side--- want to lie, are lying or are liars. OOOOOOHHHHHHH. Plus as we keep seeing HS expressions on the recording camera---def something to be said. Liked how HS called him saying--I know you disliked me. I know you told JW to break up with me. (But frankly if I heard about HS and met him I couldn't blame him too. He must give off a vibe.) 

But JW is HS lobster. She knew at first sight for her HS was hers (no matter him telling her his past and saying he is not for her and trying to push her away). I was touched when she wanted to ask him to stay with her when the lights were out at the store (as another store had burglaries). So he sweetly waited outside (she saw so cute) and then walked away once the lights came on. He was showing in HIS way he was interested too but was I am sure scared and not wanting to be entangled in her life and make it complicated.

Ok I have to get back to work .

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, mulberry9 said:

Now I kind of understand why they air this drama so late 

tvN did say this time slot is for dramas with more mature themes. while Mon-tue  is for more family themed dramas that can be watched by everyone. ;) 

• Like 12

I really don't think CJW is investigating BHS to arrest him. CJW has strong hunches about people and situations. If you see her as a detective, she is always on the right track about her predictions and she ensures that her hunches are also backed-up with evidence and facts, and they usually are.

Her conversation with the wife last week was pretty clear. She is investigating him to discover the truth cause she believes that BHS is not evil monster people are making him out to be, cause she has seen him for the past 7 years. So I think she just wants to know the truth about him. 

I am so excited for BHS to reveal his true self to her. I have a good feeling about CJW, I think she will take it well. And if we are all correct about BHS being innocent, then she will help him clear his name. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, sas79 said:

Her conversation with the wife last week was pretty clear. She is investigating him to discover the truth cause she believes that BHS is not evil monster people are making him out to be, cause she has seen him for the past 7 years. So I think she just wants to know the truth about him. 

My memory can be a little off, but didn't she say something about different types of punishments one official and the other personal? I understand the official bit, but the personal one? Is she thinking of leaving him once she discovers the whole truth or perhaps I am reading too much into it. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

It actually could mean anything. And it could be also very dark. To think that she is able to outplay him? I don't know. It could all turn a lot darker. On the other hand, she still got a daughter to think about.

She could punish him all by herself while covering up

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

trailer is out for ep 8 

Scenes of today's episode in spoilers 

Spoiler

some scenes from today's episode

(excuse my bad translations as I tried as my Korean is not that great)

JS remembering (night before?)  when they had relations (as it is the morning after picking up HS shirt. (Yes this is why this steamy scene is not for kids.LOL)

Her thoughts so much:

Why did you do it?  Is it to just survive and live?

(She mentions other thoughts too not sure what she said).

Can you give me a reason to forgive you?

She is definitely in deep thought and conflicted.

HS -He has a dream but just a dream. He got up late and JW will handle things as it is a late morning and he couldn't sleep. He was supposed to send their daughter to school (I think? ) But JW said she would do it.

I have something to give you. We couldn't find your watch and to celebrate your getting out of the hospital. Don't lose it! Hope you like it.

You shouldn't call, HS that is why he came over. HS needs to find his nuna Do Hae Su and asks for the reporters help. I am sorry for that time and not keeping the promise.  What is this suddenly?  (Gives tape) Help me. I need to find that person/criminal!!! 

Oh she has a tracker GPS on the watch for HS. Dang I am  not surprised.

JW makes mention about reporter working with HS (talking about case) 

Did you hear his voice? The internet is going crazy of the voicemail of the criminal. HS is saying he must be a good reporter to get onto tv now. 

What are you doing tomorrow dear ? JW wants to do something similar date in the afternoon. HS said sure I would love it. HS--I will go rest first then. HS then goes outside to the balcony to listen to voicemail left to the witness who got threatened for killing the tax cab driver's wife.

Messy reporter sleeping at his desk with editor telling him to wake up.

Editor said wake up not the time to sleep You said you wanted to interview this person get up. Look there, Do Hae Su. (He hides under his desk) Team Leader how do I look?

What are you saying? DHS and I had (my first love)  Really? I cannot go like this if I die. I have not seen her in 17 years.  Def not like this this appearance, can you save me. 

He sees her at cafe. 

I am surprised you lived in Seoul all this time . How come I did not see you once.

But your vibe has changed alot. You used to like to be different with friends when we were younger.  Like kids center and with dad killing kids how can I go to the kids center.

Your job xx seems fine, how is it? I am no longer working there. Oh is that so.

MJ let's start work. Should we go to the crafts place? She mentions the guy watching them nearby. Do you see him, MJ don't be obvious?

MJ--oh I see him. Who is he?

DHS-He is a reporter. I think xxx. He keeps being around (?).

MJ-Hey isn't that stalking?

DHS-- I don't want to die about xxx Let's get out of here.

MJ- Oh but not a matter to xx (?)

DHS-I just want us to be somewhere alone just the two of use to be able to chat quietly.

MJ-Just the two of us?

MJ-come in. As he picks up , I did no expect anyone.

DHS-It's Ok

MJ-Sit here. Sit here please be get comfortable. Are you hungry? It's about lunch time

DHS -I am not hungry.

MJ-How about pasta?

DHS-MJ I am not hungry.

MJ-How about wine? My uncle in Argentina has a winery and sent some to me. (more about his uncle)

DHS-looks over the awards and accolades (She says--you have lived well. It is a relief.)

MJ-says something and then gives her the glass of wine, first try it.

DHS-Thanks

MJ-I will be right back. Oh do you want listen to some music?

(oldie but goodie love song comes on --forgot title/singer but it is great)

MJ confesses sometimes ok alot I still think of you. I think  you are the victim and don't blame you for breaking up with me. You are not to blame and victim (main meaning)

DHS-finishes the wine in one go and then walks over to MJ

She confesses that it was not Hyun Soo who killed the foreman.

MJ-Is like you shouldn't be protecting him. He lives well and never asks or worries about you.

DHS- I did it.

short preview 16 seconds for ep 8

Thanks again to @jeonghyang You are JJANG and MVP.

OMG seeing the clips---just the one reporter---he totally still has the hots for Do Hae Su from the looks of it. Funny asked the editor woman how he looked? She said he looked like a beggar. LOL. 

EDIT: 12:02PM EST I tried to write text for each clip just now.

Edited by Nodame
Text about videos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3