[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

finally caught up on all 4 episodes. did anyone start laughing at the eye rolls reporter moo jin made when he was forced to apologize by cop wife to metal man. LOL... moo jin must be as strange as metal man because despite being kidnapped, having a fight, they are now both sort of frenemies. okay then!

was anyone else worried for the stunt man or whoever it was that was hanging off the building? I hate scenes like that and am always worried for the folks behind the production. poor stunt people!

it seems that despite himself metal man loves cop wife -- he instinctively protected her as a shield when the tools fell. it is quite possible that in addition to not knowing how to read people, he also doesn't know how to read his own emotions...

try to watch the bts of ep 4...LJG is on a 2nd floor with harness at his back...this actor does his own stunts just like Tom Cruise :coolshades:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2

source: http://program.m.tving.com/tvn/evilflower/5/Board/List

translation

Episode 6 Preview

Heesung is transferred to the emergency room unconscious. Heesung's consciousness doesn't show any signs of returning despite the medical staff's urgent CPR. Ji-won, who witnesses all this unfolding in front of her eyes, seems to have a nightmare... Meanwhile, Mujin goes to the last witness of Jung Mi-suk's life to uncover the reality of the accomplice of the “Serial Murder Case in Performance”.

-

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

My theory is that HS was physically abused by his father. The amount of fear that he has for his father cannot just be due to emotional abuse. My guess is that he used to restrain HS with the dog leash and treated him a bit like a dog. It is interesting that the image of the father always shows up when something happens that is positive or would be an event that would bring about positive feelings in a normal circumstances. My guess this reflects the times when he father would attack or hurt him, so he has in a way been conditioned to expect his father to come for him or be hurt by him when he feels anything remotely happy. 

As for why HS thinks his "father" is "scared" of her, my guess is that the "father" is not really scared of JW at all, but rather the father was sent away by HS himself. It is interesting that it wasn't till she kissed him and he clearly was emotionally touched by it and let him self go into it for a sec. I see it as he felt her love for him and for someone who apparently has not had a lot of it in his life, it was perhaps very comforting and peaceful for him. And it was those feelings that sent the father away in his mind, it broke the conditioning he was used to and raised under, plus it distracted him. It is like when you have a kid that is crying because of something you get them to stop by distracting them with something else....kind of the same concept. 

And having lived under the shadow of his fear of his father all his life, due to the trauma. Realizing that being with JW and her love could send the "father" away, it would have been a lifeline to someone who was emotionally and mentally dying. 

Did he love her from the start? No, he most likely used her as a shield at the start and emotionally manipulated her. But I do think that over time he has come to care and love for her in his own way. And I do think that he is extremely loyal to her and very dependent emotionally. 

I do worry about when JW is going to find out about his past and lies... but I have a feeling that rather than tear them apart, it will pull them closer together in the end.

With how much it has been shown that he needs her and how desperate he is to keep her, I can see that he is not going to be willing to let go. Plus on the flip side, JW has been keeping secrets of her own from HS. Though at this point we don't know what they are, my guess it is related to why she wants to be a detective. Plus, she has been shown to be rather compassionate and more understanding of those who are left behind.  

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

It's 4am in my country, I just watched it raw and I bawled my eyes so bad at that ending.

Spoiler

I can't understand all that they say but that new OST playing in the end with the montage of their moments through their 14 years is making me this emotional. 

This was such an intense episode. ..I feel awful to watch it without subs, but I still did. I'm proud of myself, lol. 

Spoiler

I know Detective Choi will survive. I loved that scene where the rookie police officer was shouting with his gun to save his sunbaenim. So the criminal died, that way, I really feel sorry for him. He had a happy marriage but after his wife died, he became obsessed with justice and resorted to violence instead. Truly, violence is not the solution to fight against violence. He became a slave to his own demon. I really felt bad for him.

So far, as I can tell, the sister is a dark character. I don't know if she was a murderer, although I think not, but maybe she was aware of the killings and somehow became part of it. Or maybe just aware. Or maybe not. I don't really know but episode 5 confirmed that she has a dark character...

I don't care if Hee Sung really murdered or not at this point, I'm happy with how the drama is making me feel this kind of emotions. 

Btw, the cinematography is so amazing, especially at the beginning and when they zoomed it to the criminal's mouth/face. It was scary yet beautifully shot. An, I'm happy that we are able to see the melodramatic acting of Chae Won. She's so good at it. 

Spoiler

Now, I feel like crying again thinking of the preview in the next episode with Do Hyun Soo / Baek Hee Sung crying with Ji Won.

This drama is going to break my heart then put it back in one piece and I seriously loved it. Go and make me feel more emotions!!!!!! 

@guinearoyal

I agree with what you said of his feelings towards Ji Won, but I think him using her as a shield in the first part, is already an evidence that by that time, he was already attached to her and loved her on his own  somewhat twisted way. I almost cried when he was telling his father to go away when Ji Won was kissing him and...he did pushed his father away. I'm so proud of him. 

Edited by Erika Song
  • Like 15

14 hours ago, Jillia said:

Well this is intense y'all! So that's why Baek Hee Sung needs Ji Won so much. I think he probably decided to be with her because his father was "afraid of her". And maybe he actually fell in love with Ji Won but as I said in my post earlier he doesn't think it's love because people probably told him all the time he isn't capable of that.

Oh this is gonna get interesting!

To me, the scene of him standing outside the shop while power was off , then leaving when power was back on, shows that he is making sure she is ok... together with all the earlier scenes like  the one protecting her from fallen objects in the warehouse etc , reinforces my idea that he actually cares and “love” her in his own way... and as you said , he doesn’t know it.

And “love” for JW could be the reason driving the haunting dad images away ...

Adoring the little bits of their love story in the beginning.

@Mona Ys, LJG and MCW deserve all the awards, Flower of Evil deserves all the awards!

Each episode just gets better and better!!! :hwaiting:

9 hours ago, Erika Song said:

It's 4am in my country, I just watched it raw and I bawled my eyes so bad at that ending.

About the same time for me too, and the rational side of me says:  I shouldn’t do this because I have to go to work. 

But one look at @jeonghyang GIF , well , that’s it!

should I stayed up tonight? :crymeme:

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I'm very intrigue at the short preview and the ending of this episode.  Mysteries is pilling up.

Watching the episode again confirms my theory that HS's father didn't care much for him unlike his mother as long as their secrets kept safe.  

Moo Jin, despite his attitude, at least tries to explain the difference btw serial killers and regular killers to his old acquaintances.  Who was the man that maid mentioned during the abduction in the preview in the next episode? 

What went on with DHS with the press might be a foreshadow when the creepy reporter was ogling at her.  She was visibly grossed at his careless sexual comments.  This is still common to the world particularly where women were often felt helpless to their predators and were standing up against them due to MeToo movements.  In Korea, women often felt powerless to their predator due to their influential background or position of their status especially in the industries.  

I am so glad that this drama didn't go to the usual slow pace we're used to. I just remembered that this is MC 2nd time having a love interest dealing with mental issues.  Like her previous role in the Good Doctor, she'll find a way to help HS with his abnormal behaviors thus forming them a much stronger relationship 

The rating of this intense episode is: 3% platform and 3.4% Nielsen 

• Like 13

We got a good mix of melo and thriller in this episode.

The show seems to be pointing that Hae Soo is involved in Min Seok's killing spree (unless it's a red herring). Interesting though that she gave the talisman to her brother. Was it to frame him? But JMS's body was never found. It could mean that it's a killing unrelated to Min Seok's series of murder. Could the father be grooming both his offsprings to follow his footsteps? And between the two, it's only Hae Soo who actually killed. I'm leaning towards the theory that it's Hyun Su who killed their father. That it's Hae Soo who killed the taxi driver's wife. 

I doubt that Ji Won is totally oblivious of her husband's disability, because Hyun Su was atleast more forthright with that fact about him. Ji Won knew his husband is a little different and chose to accept him for what he is. Atleast that's what I got from their exchange in the flashback scene. I don't think that's her being dense and hormone addled she could no longer think straight. Hyun Su also made a choice for himself in that moment, hence the disappearance of the horror of his father's shadow. His father isn't afraid of Ji Won. Hyun Su is afraid that if the father comes back, he'll lose whatever he has right now. 

Moon Chae Won really loves portraying very forward women, doesn't she? For a moment, I was reminded of Nice Guy Eun Gi with her straightforwardness. I haven't seen her in awhile as I have stopped watching Korean dramas in a long while. But there's a remarkable improvement in her vocal projection. A kind of intensity that's lacking before because she's too soft spoken.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

3.26 am. I watched all 5 episodes in one go after trying my darnest to wait till its completion.  Such a gripping storyline! The leads are so good! The little girl is adorb to the max!!! Can’t wait for tomorrow’s epi! Fighting!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I have yet to watch episode 5 in full ,from the snippets I've seen so far , I am in awe with  LJG's acting! 

At the interrogation scene at the pool. Did you see his cheek twitching - and his micro expressions, his voice ... He absolutely deserves the best actor award!!

@mulberry9, that song is beautiful but so sad...

• Like 10

@mulberry9 love this song! I’ve repeated it 20x today but it’s so sad.. I especially repeated the 1:47-2:00 mark when HS looks sad while holding Ji Won’s cheeks, I can see from his expression he loves her and doesnt want to lose her looking forward for this scene!  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Jillia said:

@guinearoyal

That's what I've been thinking as well that his father probably abused him or treated him not so well. Maybe even the basement comes into play which is briefly seen in the video recorded by Kim Moo Jin back then. Maybe Do Min Seok even locked his son there as a way of punishment. We really don't know yet what has been going on but I like your thoughts process here. :) Meanwhile Do Hae Soo seems like she doesn't have the same ghosts haunting her as they've been haunting Hyun Soo aka Baek Hee Sung.

I think it will be interesting to see how the story and the past of these characters unfold. And maybe, just maybe, Ji Won is really not involved as well. Even though I don't think what Baek Hee Sung's "mother" said about Ji Won being two-faced must come from somewhere. So I'm also looking forward to that story to be revealed.

And as Ji Won said she would take the poison her husband gives her, so I think that will come back as well in the future episodes.

It's still ep 5 but the drama is really intense..

I think Hyun Soo sister has the key of this mystery unfold.

Come to think, when they show us about past murderer in the village there was also his noona there. Because of Hyun Soo has antisocial disorder, everyone can easily accuse him to be involved in serial killing of his father case.

When Hyun Soo told the taxi driver that he is not the kidnapper or so, i believe that "Hyun Soo maybe a killer but he is not a liar." 

Lee Junki oppa acting always daebak! He is so comical yet intense ♡

• Like 7

source https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004256417

translation of the article 

Spoiler

Flower of Evil’: “Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon’s emotional reversals, adding tension and entertainment as story takes new turn

Episode 5 ended by leaving an indelible impact as Baek Heeseong loses consciousness and Cha Jiwon cries desperately for help. “It’s crazy,” viewers have responded to this fast-paced turn of events. With Episode 6 airing soon, the production team shared things to look out for, raising our expectations.
First, Jiwon really becomes suspicious. Park Gyungchun, who lost his wife in the Yeonju serial murder case 18 years ago, kidnapped Do Hyunsoo (Lee Joongi), Do Minseok’s suspected accomplice, to find his wife’s body. Park Gyungchun finds out Do Hyunsoo changed his identity to Baek Heeseong. If Park Gyungchun, arrested by the police, tells the police about it, all Heeseong’s efforts to hide his identity will go to waste.
Also, while Jiwon considers Heeseong a kidnapped victim, she also has good reason to become suspicious, especially with his watch found at the crime scene where she got into a fight with someone she’d been chasing, and why Park Gyungchun picked her husband.
The production team confided, “The new episode will reveal the undeniable truth. Whether or not Jiwon will cover up the truth or reveal it is something you should look out for.”
Another thing to look out for is the different ways in which Heeseong and Jiwon will see each other, and the different feelings they start having for each other. So far, it’s been about a tug-of-war between an innocent wife and a husband who’s tried to hide his identity. Episode 6 sees the tables completely turned. As Jiwon takes a step closer to Heeseong’s secret, a new chapter of this married couple’s suspense opens.
Now, signaling the start of a more intense, new chapter, Episode 6 of ‘Flower of Evil’ airs on August 13.

• Like 8

hope nose detective makes it! and he didn't die... after watching ep 5, am wondering if poor hyun su got blamed as he was anti-social whereas the real accomplice to the serial killer dad was actually his sister... am very curious about the fake parents -- why did they take him in and why are they hiding the real hee sung?

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hope nose detective makes it! and he didn't die... after watching ep 5, am wondering if poor hyun su got blamed as he was anti-social whereas the real accomplice to the serial killer dad was actually his sister... am very curious about the fake parents -- why did they take him in and why are they hiding the real hee sung?

Yes.. it got me super curious too. Why his fake parents hide their real dying son? 

After Hyun Soo stabbed in the forest, he was collided by the car. After that scene, well my vision of the theory become so blur hahaha..

• Like 9

LmYld93.gif

Spoiler

5kAIyV3.gif

KsS3GQk.gif

Spoiler

oP09Qda.gif

BYBGfg4.gif

Spoiler

p44Q3rQ.gif

RmXMumE.gif

Spoiler