[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

5 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Can we please take a moment to appreciate how expressive and meme-able Secretary Mo's facial reactions are :lol:

I'm Secretary Mo. Secretary Mo is me - esp when I'm watching TKEM, reading your theories about TKEM and being scandalized by TKEM. 

EY6twwVU8AANJQH?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • LOL 22

Omo..patient clothes? Perhaps, Luna.. :blink: 

at first, I thought it was TE meeting Luna then I was like, “oh duh..they’re played by the same person you dumbo :joy:

43 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

He can behead me too.

Maybe PM just wants a good beheading after seeing what LG/JTE did so she went for a different member of the Royal Fam.

LOL! By the end of this drama, we will end up being more dramatic than Peyha himself!! :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 15

Ummmm so if they’re filming 15 and 16 at the same time, then those scenes with the Coat of Doom might be for 15?  So the theory that they do a time skip and end up back together might hold if they split in 15???

Also holy shiit, the production team cranks out 114 minutes of top tier quality work in ONE WEEK.  Good lord.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 7

9 hours ago, csmiller1954 said:

I noticed that this morning.  

The worst part of this drama for me is that I've wasted two months of my life waiting for Friday and Saturday.  One week I actually watched the drama each night, crazy.  If I'm not watching the drama I'm on this thread.  I need serious help.  

What am I going to do in 2 weeks when the drama ends.  Any suggestions what my next venture into insanity should be.  

Sa,e. I am supposed to study for my licensure exam but uhm TKEM took over my life. Part of me wants it to end to see the ending but the other half is like noooooo

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 4

OH MY GOD

We are all going to have to do a group rewatch when it’s all done.  In ep 2, Jo Yeong wrote down his email for Nari’s doppelgänger.

jo_0@kingdom.co.cn

Poor LG.  It was right in front of him the whole time. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

I’m on episode 3

The first time we see the yo-yo kid, he’s at the bookstore and SJ’s real mom sees him.  Immediately following, the thunder burns happen for the first time.  

Everybody we have a problem

JTE mentioned a poem in the bamboo forest in Ep 3, and there’s a voice over for it.  The gist of the poem is basically there’s a name without an owner and the poet will die calling it, and someone who get to finish the last words in their heart.

So...JTE will die saying LG’s name, and he did not get a chance to tell her loves her, hence time travel?  The Gummy theme played over it, and it played over the most recent poem in 12 too.

Uh oh.

• Like 6
  • Sad 8
  • Insightful 3

On 5/25/2020 at 1:33 PM, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

@syntyche - WOOOWW! That is a MOST AWESOME and CLEAR explanation and I highly appreciate this, as I am Mathematically handicapped!! My brain freezes over and shuts when I see numbers or formulas ... sigh ...

Between you and @bebebisous33 who is providing the ‘liberal arts’ background explanations, this drama is really food for thought!! I always look forward to both your thoughts - and also @SweetButters & @mychoiyoung for your diagrams! 

Sigh ... the next 2 weeks will be very difficult for most of us here ... The drama will end and I don’t know how I am going to live through a sad ending even though I am 70% sure we are going to have a sad ending ...

The only thing that can salvage a sad ending is if LMH and KGE get pregnant with twins (by sometime next year) - have to marry in secret or have a shotgun wedding, a heavily pregnant KGE with LMH hovering protectively over her - got caught by Dispatch and the whole Internet breaks down cos SoKor & Japan & thé US thought The Great Leader & China are up to something and China had to issue a statement saying they have NOTHING to do with the Internet breaking down and they have The Great Leader under control and they have to lift the ban on KPop / KDrama cos THEIR citizens NEED more news and content about THE Hallyu Couple of the Century ...

Ooops ... sorry, my mind is in a mess ... this is NOT the Shipper’s Thread ... AAAARRGGHHH!! 

Maybe some Scriptwriter can adapt my demented scenario above ... 

Oh, and I ABSOLUTELY HATE this Soompi Forum set up cos I can’t use my own emojis and each time I need to insert a STUPID emoji from this STUPID Soompi thing, I have to scroll up and find the emoji to press!! *Angry Face *Eyes Rolled *ShakeMyHead *SLAPMYFOREHEAD 

Ok, ok I better run ... *RUNSAWAY

Shoutout to @AgentQuake - your humour has saved my sanity many a times, Chingu! And fellow foodie @vangsweetie637

And of course my fellow Court Ladies (wonder whether there are any Court Gentlemen? Hmm ... ) especially @Heretorant @graceyco (our Captain who started the Shipper’s Thread!! FIGHTING, My Dear!!  *FISTINTHEAIR emoji & *HEART & *HEARTEYES emojis plus @mamabear @ladylia257 @lysandr @Niki Idy and MANY others - sorry I can’t remember ...

Oh and @Ameera Ali and @mrsj3n for your gifs! 

And is it you, Chingu - the one who is always posting lovely poems that accompany beautiful images and gifs?? @lyrically aesthetic

Also @Alice Wonderland - great name for this drama! My name is also Alice btw - Haha & @gwin for your latest clear explanation!

*HEART *LaughingFace *GroupHug *CRYINGHUGETEARSFace

Before  this drama ends, I am going to WRITE down all of your handles/IDs here! So that I don’t have to scroll all over the FARKING place to find you and to acknowledge you!! Can somebody advise whether there’s a more efficient way to look for people on the thread?? Sorry Admin, don’t mean to go off topic but negotiating this forum is kinda confusing - I think I need to go take a short course on this - if it’s available *ANGRYHUFFYFACE

OK OK - sorry for the rant ... need to go mope around till the next BTS or IG updates!! *VERYVERYSADBLUEFACE (that’s my own emoji)

tenor.gif did ya memorized all of our usernames???!!! :phew::blink::wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

Another intake about why some ppl have the marking...maybe those who have them..used the flute..since the flute were divided so many pieces by LR..  since LG used the flute..he got the marking... SJ, ES, JY and LJT never used the flute... 

So far we never see how they actually went to the other side. We only see that they simply there... 

Edited by Melissa Hadiwinoto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:20 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

I believe that they will give more flashback in some certain scenes. So agree with most who thought that they might pledge their love on that church. That is why he told the priest to keep it a secret. It's quite weird if he asked that just to help them taking the picture together. 

@Alice Wonderland I'm really hoping that we would get more of the church scene and maybe the "Morning After" scene? hehheh

On 5/25/2020 at 2:16 PM, mychoiyoung said:

I still go there to comment just so they know others like/love the show.  I see other posters here going there too to do the same. Sometimes I call their BS, or disagree with some posters; Like others would proudly admit that they fast forward the drama cos its boring for them & then complain that the show does not make sense. Go figure.

At times it pays to reply to those confused about the drama cos then they appreciate the details & care that the production has given the show.  Many may not like TKEM, but it is still the most commented show on their blog.  Very high profile compared to other shows they are recapping.  

Today, a number of them admitted that most of them joke about not liking it but they still watch cos they actually like it.  TKEM is their guilty pleasure - just too proud to admit it.

@mychoiyoung I saw you on their comments sections and you did really good. You are very respectful and yet you are giving more clarity to some people if they have some sort of confusion to the story. I stopped commenting after ep2, but i still go there and look :)

18 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Following last week’s trend, we can expect to get stills today. Eagerly waiting! 

I wasn’t able to backtrack through all pages but wow, you guys and your comments about the rabbit pounding rice :lol: I’m dying! If the story follows the rabbit on the moon pounding rice for eternity, we can expect a happy ending with many heirs. :lol::lol::lol:

I’m going to quote what ma friend @scrawford said, 

We have a running joke that lmh’s tongue works every time and look at knetz going wild over their kiss. It works! 

So petition for the show to have more kiss scenes/bed scenes? 

@koreaboooo @SweetButters

Reveal hidden contents

The first wedding photo with possibly LG and JTE was released several weeks ago so it makes me think it’s not part of episode 16. I believe they’ll probably get married episode 14 before LG makes his trip back in time.  

Not sure why LG is there again in episode 16 but he doesn’t look too happy in the photos. 

The wedding is either going to be really sweet or  heartbreaking! 

@Heretorant Sign me up for petition to get more bed scene. heheheh.... I can't help but thought of that scene from FRIENDS regarding the "neck Kiss" broke the internet. When all fails, LMH tongue never fails. lol

17 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

What else do we have to do right now hahaha

CLOY wasn’t nearly as bad for me because I still got to go out and drink with my friends, which prevented me from going onto the forums.  There also wasn’t much to theorize about with CLOY.  And then the next few dramas I watched while the stay at home order is going on never really caught much more of my interest than a casual watch.

Aaaand then this happened.  

@AgentQuake I don't know if I'm ready for this show to be over. Maybe it's good that it will be over soon so i can have my life back, as in i won't be tied down to this forum and rewatching some episode after reading some theories here. and checking on the couple's thread too lol. Or, I'm not ready to be separated from our OTP and the fun of figuring out this show. Uh.... I'm gonna need some time to heal after this is over. 

I enjoyed watching CLOY and IC as well, but i wasn't as invested as this, those two shows like you mentioned, doesn't have much to theorize. I don't know what Drama i'm looking forward to after this :(

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Love 7

Hi just want to share my theory here. I think JTE originally from KOC and Luna from ROK. As we all know Luna was terminally ill and JTE mom died due to cancer. Luna in KOC don't have name, parents, home. And the switching thing already happened long time ago since Lady Noh also from ROK. That is why all of these happened began with JTE. So it will be happy ending for LG and JTE since they come from the same world hahahah

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

15 minutes ago, Melissa Hadiwinoto said:

Another intake about why some ppl have the marking...maybe those who have them..used the flute..since the flute were divided so many pieces by LR..  since LG used the flute..he got the marking... SJ, ES, JY and LJT never used the flute... 

So far we never see how they actually went to the other side. We only see that they simply there... 

interesting theory except knowing LR, he most likely will not divide his half of the flute. He needs it to be whole so if he divides it, I don’t see it as beneficial to him. At first, I thought it was possible because he has so many umbrellas with him. But knowing his character by now, he isn’t someone who will leave a crucial part of crossing to the world to the doppelgängers. So my guess is that when they cross over, he is present alongside with them. As long as they are with him, they can cross. And I am sure he does all the negotiating and twist-talking because this is his specialty. A few of us theorize on why the marking appears. The only one I really remember is that the scars show up on the spot where their doppelgängers were killed. To me, this makes sense. You are right. We haven’t seen exactly when the doppelgängers cross over because when they do, it has already happened. But I believe that LR is with them when this happens. We just aren’t shown these details. It would be nice if we could see one example but I don’t think we will get it. SJ, TE, ES and LJT (im sorry, who is this? Lol) didn’t get the markings because their doppelgängers are still alive while some died naturally. Btw, welcome to the thread :D

@AgentQuake are you doing a TKEM marathon because the disinfectants are no longer effective? :joy:

• Like 8

Today is last day of shooting for Maximus.

EY7DoDxUYAAC8JF?format=jpg&name=large

Dohwan's last filming is last night.

LMH & KGE’s last day of filming is on the 28 May.

I am starting to feel sad. I don't want this beautiful drama end to soon. :love:

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 4
  • Sad 11

4 minutes ago, asmida naniey said:

Hi just want to share my theory here. I think JTE originally from KOC and Luna from ROK. As we all know Luna was terminally ill and JTE mom died due to cancer. Luna in KOC don't have name, parents, home. And the switching thing already happened long time ago since Lady Noh also from ROK. That is why all of these happened began with JTE. So it will be happy ending for LG and JTE since they come from the same world hahahah

@asmida naniey I had this thought too... If it's true, then JTE will be back where she belongs, right? In KOC...by Pyeha's side :wub:

• Like 4

Guys, I think I’m going to have to binge watch episodes 1-15 right before 16 comes out... If KES gives us a sad ending, I don’t think I can handle watching everything all over again knowing it’s not going to be a happy ending for LTE... :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, Melissa Hadiwinoto said:

Another intake about why some ppl have the marking...maybe those who have them..used the flute..since the flute were divided so many pieces by LR..  since LG used the flute..he got the marking... SJ, ES, JY and LJT never used the flute..

The assumption or theory by some that LR divided the flute came from scenes showing his room with the umbrella stand (1) when Luna broke-in & (2) when LG returned to the room & discovered Luna's break-in.  Some posters even commented that this theory would explain the umbrella that LR left in the store of PM's mom.

However I have my misgivings re LR breaking the flute further and actually sharing them with others simply because it is out of character. Do you really imagine LR would share the flute with his lowly minions who are expendable to him?  He trusts no one and he is greed personified.

We also have to consider that logistically, further breaking the flute would make it much more harder, if not nearly impossible to restore it. Let us consider that...

So, how do we explain the umbrella that LR left in the store of PM's mom & the next frame he is shown walking with the same umbrella cane?  A time loop or different timeline. Or perhaps bad editing.

Even Valdemort who divided his souls 7 ways took the care to hide them where they were almost impossible to retrieve.  LR putting them simply on an umbrella stand by the door looks quite reckless to me.  That does not compute.

Guys, I think I’m going to have to binge watch episodes 1-15 right before 16 comes out... If KES gives us a sad ending, I don’t think I can handle watching everything all over again knowing it’s not going to be a happy ending for LTE... :bawling:

@Kdramatic Wait? What?! You mean you DO NOT BINGE after every week? Sacriliege! Bahahahahahahahaha.

But yes a sad ending is... i cannot! Nope. As OkNam would say "Aigooo! My goodness gracious! Oh my heart! "

• Like 8
  • LOL 3