[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Hi all,

just i dont understand this drama very very very good why low rating, omg i love them both have good chemistry, omg i love it

please support this drama all cast and crew work hard for this drama during covid 19, pls stop negative comment and always positive 

:)

• Like 10

8 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

You can see the character growth.  I'll use the booze for an example.

When they go on their first dinner um...LG thought it was a date, JTE thought it was a drinking session, she was more interested in making mekju than talking to him, and needed to drink before carrying on their conversation.  By the time she made it to his palace in the first visit, he learns more that she needs booze, and snuck cans of beer for her without her asking, showing that he's getting to know her pretty well.  And then we get a reversal of the mekju scene, with him making her the drink.  All of that ties back to episode 12, where he now knows her (and her drinking habits) so well that immediately he knew from one sentence what she was trying to do, and she squirms to get out of his disapproval.  While booze went from a coping mechanism because she didn't want to deal with him, it's now become something that shows their domesticity.  Alcohol and drinking has become a symbol of their comfort levels around each other.

IDK, I like focusing on little things like that, and seeing the subtlety in the relationships.  But that might just be a result of being on forums for too long and thinking that every little thing has a meaning to it.

OH THE WIND BLEW??? SHE MUST BE DYING IN THE NEXT FEW EPISODES.  OH, THAT SENTENCE HE JUST SAID MUST MEAN THAT THIS IS ABOUT TO HAP-oh it was just a translation error never mind never mind.

I am agreeing 1000 % to infinity on what you wrote here!! I really like your JTE & alcohol symbolisms!! Lee Gon is a FAST LEARNER, and a Math genius, so, of course he got to know his Love & Queen of his Heart very quickly!! :wub:

Yup ... the last part - we have become so PARANOID over EVERY LITTLE THING - Gawd!! Ok, what exactly DO the PPLs symbolise??? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

23 minutes ago, madmad min said:

@Elnin Joery Thanks for the compliment. I always could analyze but to Write it down in a Properly formatted manner like some others do its hard for me :D so my posts usually gets Lost in a Whole lot of theory and speculations.

Your welcome. I think your text and stances formatted is quite good

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

did ya memorized all of our usernames???!!! :phew::blink::wub:

Not yet! I can’t memorise!! I don’t have Lee Gon’s brain - HAHAHA!! I have to look through all your handles here and WRITE them down the old fashion way! *EYESROLLED

And YAAAAY!! I think I’m the first on Pg 500!! :w00t:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I really don’t want an open ending, or a staring contest between the OTP. Nooopppeee.

tenor.gif

11 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Horses were already ruined after y’all were going on and on about Thicc Maximus.

tenor.gif

It's all @SweetButters fault!! LOL

11 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

fans demanding him to be more active i think we will see him soon on the filming set. He usually respond to fan pressure and listens to them. 

His fans are demanding when it comes to the type of movies or dramas he choses 

I feel sad for him.

That should not be the case. It's toxic in my opinion. Fans are fans. Not to dictate his life! 

:rage:

11 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Side note: do we think that her (PM) boob always setting off the alarm is just an unfunny gag, or is it indicative of something else?  I thought it was just a bad joke about her bra, but now we know that nothing is just said for fun.

Huh? Do we even need to analyse her boob now? :joy:

God no. I don't want to even talk about her unless it's about her impending beheading. Lol

On a serious note, she claimed she is wearing wired bras for her boobs.

Well.. push up or hold up...Hahahah

10 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

PM as a woman who could stand her ground against those men in her cabinet. I liked that beginning part when she told someone she will dress as she pleases and not be forced to wear suit pants just because men work for the government and she have to dress like them. She had so much potential. I'm sure even LG had agreed she was a great PM but she got too greedy. Also siding with LR just had to be the last straw. 

Yes. I liked her initially and now I'm just joining @vangsweetie637 wagon and demanding for her head! :joy:

10 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Above all, I wish we had more episodes :(  Even Lobster got dragged out to 20 episodes, which I think would be perfect for this show.  

If there's a possible extension, normally do they announce early? I still feel 16 is too short and too rush. 

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

But LG loves her the way she is. No need for any double-eyelids.

tenor.gif

Sorry to cut short your post though but I couldn't agree more!! :wub:

9 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

And in that scene, she knows that he came with flowers already but he seemed acting like it hasn't happened yet. Then we assumed that the one who gave her the flower is future LG because that is explained why he acted that way. But this is what confused me, seemed off for me. Why she won't tell him about that?

I get that the both of them hide things from each other and that frustrates me the most.

But I'm more puzzled why does she thinks that she is being dumped?

For me, I would have think that something must have happened for him to come like this and with tears.

But to say dumped? Weird...

And the page has now reached 500.   

I still can't keep up!

Lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Today is last day of shooting for Maximus.

Dohwan's last filming is last night.

LMH & KGE’s last day of filming is on the 28 May.

I am starting to feel sad. I don't want this beautiful drama end to soon. :love:

Wow, great. They will have two weeks at least to edit and tie everything up neatly. We will have a fantastic last four episodes which will increase TKEM's reputation as an awesome drama even more.

And I will be sad - and happy (!) - when this curtain closes. Sad that such an enjoyable drama and experience with you guys are coming to a close. Happy that I can get my life back.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Sad 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

OH MY GOD

We are all going to have to do a group rewatch when it’s all done.  In ep 2, Jo Yeong wrote down his email for Nari’s doppelgänger.

jo_0@kingdom.co.cn

Poor LG.  It was right in front of him the whole time. 

WAIT!! Where tf did you see this???? And what does ‘cn’ stand for?  Not Canada ... Corea Nation? Shouldn’t it be ‘koc’?? Cos emblazoned on the airline is ‘Kingdom of Corea’ (Ep 10 - PB’s funeral?) 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Raja Septia said:

Hi all,

just i dont understand this drama very very very good why low rating, omg i love them both have good chemistry, omg i love it

please support this drama all cast and crew work hard for this drama during covid 19, pls stop negative comment and always positive 

Welcome Raja Septia! You gave your first post in Soompi to The King. :thumbsup:

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

I was away only for hours but the thread is in even number now. :sweatingbullets:

@scrawford yup. Those two scenes was cut short. No one would refuse to have a flashback scene of their morning after here. :joy:

@SweetButters what... what did you say?? LG's grandfather to who what??? :lol: well it reminds me of what you told me about the theory of LR's first love is LG's mom. I wonder are we watching a makjang drama now? Lol

P.S. it's already here somewhere in these hundreds pages back. I forgot which page :lol:

@msdot Fanfic? Hmm... dunno about this but out there there must be someone who seriously write about this. But ours are just like doing some fun while healing our heartbreak or disappointment.

55 minutes ago, Raja Septia said:

Hi all,

It's one of the most frequently asked question here. Lol. Well, there's no such negative comments from here. If there is, that's just a small number. The great number are coming from other naysayers out there. Who devoted their time to commit love-hated relationship with TKEM. They won't admit as much as they hate it they do love it. That's why they can't leave it. It's a form to show their love differently. Don't mind them or give any feedback nor attention to those pesky comments. 

I agreed that despite of the bad situation out there and also they have such a high risk to be exposed since there must be a group of people around them to do the filming. But they managed to finish the work and did their job as best they can so we can enjoy watching it without any delay! That's a lot of work! 

Lastly, welcome to this thread. Be like your home here and enjoy your stay! There's lots of good stuff here but you need lots energy to keep up with its super speedy moves. 

• Like 10
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Chellsee said:

@mrsj3n I thought TE got 3 more bullets, where did the other one go?

Sorry for the late reply... I was trying my best to catch up... LOL

I think she used 1 to shoot the car that was chasing her. 

I will gladly rewatch it later to confirm. :glasses:

4 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

She shot the car tire when it was heading towards her. She checked the gun barrel after she got out of the car she was driving, so at that time we saw 3. After that she saw a car heading towards her and she used 1 bullet to shot that car, so there's 2 left.

Ahh.. answered!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

May 25th 2022 is exactly 2 years away, so maybe they DO end up closing the portals in 2020 and spend the years apart?   And then somehow JTE enters the bookstore in ROK and wanders out of it in KOC?  It might be an Easter egg teasing the actual ending.  It could be a sign from Yo Yo Kid telling LG not to give up, and to make sure he restores the balance because fate will find a way to get them together again?

Goosebumps just reading this but I seriously hope that they won't leave their reunion to the last 1 or 2 mins.

I'll hurt them!

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Chellsee said:

@CarolynH we really need to re-watch this drama again and again to absorb even single-little thing.

Every scene that we missed play a big part.

Now I'm confused which comes first, re-watch or back to back reading 54 more pages.  :lol::D

I chose back to back reading else it will become 540 more pages. LOL!

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, msdot said:

Have you posted that somewhere, or is it an informal group? Feel free to pm me. Thanks!

@msdot oooo either @LeftCoastOppa, @Alice Wonderland, or @koreaboooo had posted it on here !!! if not I can repost our fan fiction hahahaha.

--------------------------------------------

15 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

It's all @SweetButters fault!! LOL

giphy.gif

@mrsj3n who me??? :tounge_wink: I wonder what year JY is ?? he either a horse or a goat , but I dont know JY or ES's bday just that they were born in 1991  :joy:

myitsgettinghot.gif?w=300&h=168&zoom=2

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

I’m a little haunted by what I think might happen. LG and KTE  have some time together, perhaps they even get married, but are bedeviled by an alliance among LL, the PM and the Prince’s venal son, who LG cut out of the succession to the throne. At some point LL and Co. once again kidnap and hold KTE for ransom to get the other half of the flute back. Knowing what it would mean for the two worlds if he gave up his half, a heartbroken LG must refuse and KTE dies. But in the end LG has his revenge, killing LL and taking the other half of the flute. With the help of the now whole flute, he goes back in time to save himself as a young boy. Finally, LG abdicates the throne to the Prince’s granddaughter to devote himself to finding that beautiful solution, a way to be with KTE somewhere in time. I hope he’s successful! :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

4 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@mrsj3n who me??? :tounge_wink: I wonder what year JY is ?? he either a horse or a goat , but I dont know JY or ES's bday just that they were born in 1991  :joy:

If based on 1991... they are GOAT.

Hahahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

4 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Does anyone know if the bgm is released? I really wanted the bgm of when LG brought TE to his world on Maximus.. The part where they about to enter the gate to the other world... It was so epic. 

I wish they'd release the BGM as well, just as it was released for CLOY.  The ones on Spotify now are the instrumental versions of the songs.  I want the piano version of the melody which played when JTE first crossed to Corea.  It's the same core melody as Gummy's My Love on the OST, but I want the piano version!

• Like 7

Am stuck btwn busy schedules.

but couldn’t help myself from not to enter this awesome thread. 

was silently lurking for time being ! 
TKEM team , soompi members, all the fans out there hwaiting !!! 

spoiler  alert !

Spoiler

donno if anyone has discussed it here before

coz i have missed a lot of pages since you guys are super fast ! 

• Like 8