[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I have been thinking about the ending, and I really don't want it to be an easy way out like yoyo kid granting them their wish to be together because they helped restore balance/true love. Or for JTE to end up with a reveal that she is from Corea. Or a mysterious portal appearing in front of either of them some day after the doors have been closed. 

LG talks about finding beautiful solutions and answers, and I wish for him to be the one who finds the beautiful way for them to stay together. Using his mathematical and scientific brain to work out that beautiful solution would make the reunion a lot more meaningful and satisfying. 

Mr useless long legs + deep set eyes + shoulders too broad for 2 buttons, I have faith in you. 

Edit: Btw, this also means that open or bittersweet or sad endings are all not acceptable to me. Beautiful solution = Happy ending! 

• Like 12
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

38 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Does anyone know if the bgm is released? I really wanted the bgm of when LG brought TE to his world on Maximus.. The part where they about to enter the gate to the other world... It was so epic. 

Some are already and some are not. It's usually released near the end of this drama. Oh that one is Gravity. It's already released long ago. 

And this one without the lyrics, the inst. version

Spoiler

Then the bgm after they crossed the gate is this one. It's a bit slower than what we used to hear but they're pretty much the same tone. You can started at 0.19 to notice it. There's no official release for the BGM ost. So I found only the piano cover version for this. Since I've posted it here in some pages back so I put it in the spoiler below. 

Spoiler

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

See.. 501st page!

TKEM Soompiers are crazy folks... they never sleep and continue to write and analyse the episodes! :lol:

The reason the thread is always red is because we are spread around Some are in the far east where the sun rises PH, Indo, Singapore, Aussie, India while myself and others are located in UK, scandinavia, Turkey, Germany, netherlands, Spain and others are located in the far west Canada, US, Latin America etc etc. When some are sleeping others are discussing and active nothing pre-planned it just happens naturally due to timeline difference in the world 

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 5

21 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

The reason the thread is always red is because we are spread around Some are in the far east where the sun rises PH, Indo, Singapore, Aussie, India and others like myself and others are located in UK, Scandivinia, Turkey, Germany, Netherland, spain and others are located in the far west Canada, US, Latin America etc etc. When some are sleeping others are discussing and active nothing pre-planned it just happens naturally due to timeline difference in the world 

:D of course, did you think i thought everyone was in one time zone? :lol:

Saw the new BTS, but we want the bed scene BTS, not only the rescue shoot

.... SBS, common.... dont be stingy of that palace romp :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

3 hours ago, graceyco said:

I'm Secretary Mo. Secretary Mo is me - esp when I'm watching TKEM, reading your theories about TKEM and being scandalized by TKEM.

Here the new parodic meme with special guest....

Secretary Mo !!! :w00t:

0212740d68999df4e36e610151662dc9.jpg

The King: Eternal Monarch Meme

https://www.pinterest.fr/w4worlds/the-king-eternal-monarch-meme/

http://w4worlds.eklablog.com/the-king-eternal-monarch-meme-11-drama-award-a187805568

Note: if you are a faithfull and smart watcher of TKEM, you should notice the final gag. ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

Awww... last day of shooting for Maximus.  LMH will miss her!

Congrats reaching 500 pages!  What thread had the highest # of pages in soompi so far?

Elsewhere, I have not found a forum or blog where TKEM is not the most commented, even those with negative views like DB & Koala.  Reddit used to have weekly TKEM threads for the 2 episodes averaging with 700++ comments.  But starting with episode 7, they had to do it PER episode already cos the comments are now ranging from 800 - 1.5K per episode. Crazy flop indeed, haha

• Like 9
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Awww... last day of shooting for Maximus.  LMH will miss her!

Congrats on 500 pages.  What thread had the highest # of pages in soompi so far?

Elsewhere, I have not found a forum or blog where TKEM is not the most commented, even those with negative views like DB & Koala.  Reddit used to have weekly TKEM threads for the 2 episodes averaging with 700++ comments.  But starting with episode 7, they had to do it PER episode already cos the comments are now ranging from 800 - 1.5K per episode. Crazy flop indeed, haha

If this is considered flop, I wish to flop in life. :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 19

17 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Oh man you have no idea I literally wasted this whole day rewatching eps of TKEM again because I was starved of a BTS until just now HAHA

Since the 1st episode of TKEM came out my productivity levels have dropped to zero

Glad to know I am not alone. My life has practically been rewatching episodes and clips > Soompi forum > reading #thekingeternalmonarch tweets > and back to rewatching again once I have exhausted all tweets and forum entries. WHAT HAS TKEM DONE TO MY LIFE

• Like 6
  • LOL 12

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

what... what did you say?? LG's grandfather to who what??? :lol: well it reminds me of what you told me about the theory of LR's first love is LG's mom. I wonder are we watching a makjang drama now? Lol

The makjang portion is related to LR only..

LR's unrequited love is LG's Mom

LR's own Mom is His father's concubine, the rightful Heir not being of a Noble Blood

The Mom sacrificed her world , the Son turned out to be traitor, she raised the step/half whatever grandson as her own Son

Melo too Melo...But FUN nonetheless.:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

...hi new here!  Just want to add the time warp factor and LG already mathematically calculated the Impact of travellers going in and out affects the two zones therefore deriving that number (I think its 4xxx) wherein both time overlaps....remember “back to the future“ movie wherein one can manipulate the “when” so there can only be one zone who can do that (LG’s world which seems to be mythical) I agree with LG going back with JY to save his young self....I think JTE will die to save LG but with LG having the capacity to travel back to remember...he has been doing that (thus the suit with the flowers scene that did not happen yet when JTE saw the suit...) here’s the twist...she already know that future so she told him “I do not like flowers”...which can change the path to future?  

wow!!! So many theories...head spinning but keep them coming!

• Like 13