[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

6 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I will PM you the link later. It's hilarious I kid you not. It's good comedy. Vintage LMH is the absolute GOAT. He cracks me up even his mannerism is hilarious even The way he speaks. His very expressive, energetic and outgoing

Me too please!  Or bring it to the LMH thread.  Thanks.

Happy belated birthday to Lee Lim!  The best villain!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

Friends, we have a big disaster.  

1. an acquaintance on Facebook just posted that she drove like an hour to the nearest BBQ chicken during the stay at home order because she kept seeing it on Korean dramas.  

2. just went to HMart, the jongga kimchi is ALL GONE.  I have never seen them not have that in years.  That’s my BRAND!  I will kill Eun Sup myself if it’s sold out because of him. 

3. The bottled coffee was also sold out.  I’m not upset on that one, but it’s freaking weird.

also off topic but they always had a big poster of Hyun Bin’s face advertising skincare and it’s gone now since they remodeled the section and it’s like a knife thru my heart 

hahahahahaha! 

Just earlier, I sent my sister to go buy crispy chicken from a local store for dinner. I was craving some because of all the chicken in this drama!

She goes then calls me “umm, it’s all sold out.” I was like “what?!! Ask them if they going to make more.” They close at 8:30 and this was around 6. My sis said they were not making anymore. I was like “what? These chicken are rarely sold out.” So my sis came back home with no chicken for me. My mom ask me why were the chicken sold out. I thought for awhile and said “I don’t know. It’s always there when I go.” :joy: I craved for what LG only takes one bite of..and ended up with zero! 

of course, you got it worse than me! Lol!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 16

16 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

She used it to shoot the car who speed up to her way. That leaves the two. It was before the truck of doom hits the payphone. I feel sad and loved the scene in the same time, the moment she only has two bullets to defend herself while she sees a huge number of LR's minions are coming in front of her. Desperately she point it to the front waiting for them coming near her, but glad LG comes in time. 

I think we can also view it in a symbolic way. That gun with the two bullets was the only thing TE was holding on to protect her life when she was fighting all alone. But when LG finally rescued her, and she remembered the gun that used to be her saving grace, LG snatched it up and fired, symbolizing with fierce anger that she does not need that anymore because he is there already. It's like saying: "This? Screw this gun! I'm here now."

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, AgentQuake said:

I’m rewatching the first scene in episode 2 and you can tell that they had KGE stand on a box because she’s almost as tall as LMH. 

I love their height difference, and also - I kept thinking KGE was like, 5 feet or something because she’s so teeny tiny compared to LMHz. And then I just realized he’s just freaking TALL.  She’s my height, 5 feet 5 inches, which is honestly pretty tall for an Asian woman.  I’m the same height and everyone thinks I’m tall when I go home to China. 

I think I was supposed to be upset during the kitchen scene where LG cried but I was very distracted by how long his useless legs looked. 

Their height difference is the cutest thing ever! 

You were distracted by his legs? I was more concerned with the shape of his back lol. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Their height difference is the cutest thing ever! 

You were distracted by his legs? I was more concerned with the shape of his back lol. 

Also that too. 

There was a lot happening in that scene okay.

hmmm...still watching episode 2.  He says nobody can touch his body.  Including JTE.

Mmmmmmhm.  

sure Jan.

• Like 3
  • LOL 17

14 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I think I was supposed to be upset during the kitchen scene where LG cried but I was very distracted by how long his useless legs looked. 

Finally, I thought I was the only one! I was first distracted by his useless long legs, then his too-broad-to-see-with-only-2-buttons-undone shoulders. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

30 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Happy Birthday to Lee Jung Jin (i hope i got his name right?)! We love you for your villain role in this drama. You are handsome too!

As for LR himself:

:joy:

He can behead me too.

Maybe PM just wants a good beheading after seeing what LG/JTE did so she went for a different member of the Royal Fam.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 7

58 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

She used it to shoot the car who speed up to her way. That leaves the two. It was before the truck of doom hits the payphone. I feel sad and loved the scene in the same time, the moment she only has two bullets to defend herself while she sees a huge number of LR's minions are coming in front of her. Desperately she point it to the front waiting for them coming near her, but glad LG comes in time. 

She was so brave. She could hide...but no...she decided to face death fighting. An epitome of a warrior...

• Like 8
  • Love 7

13 hours ago, violet.ears said:

Same. I used to rely on the site for good quality reviews. It seems the original reviewers are no longer there. The current one for The King is very disappointing, perhaps she is better suited for recapping less complex dramas. She misses some details and does very little thinking to figure what’s going on or implied in certain scenes. I get the “This is just a job so I’ll get this over and done with” vibes. :sweatingbullets:

I haven’t been to soompi in years, so long that my old account became invalid and I had to set up a new one. It’s worth it though, I thorough enjoy the analysis, discussions and fangirling going on. :wub: I don’t think I’ll know what to do with myself after the drama ends.

So true. I usually spend my time on dramabeans before soompi. And at first, I was so excited to read the recaps to see what I have missed but the recap was so disappointing. It turns out the old recappers quit their job though I think they start their own yt channels

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I’m rewatching the first scene in episode 2 and you can tell that they had KGE stand on a box because she’s almost as tall as LMH. 

I love their height difference, and also - I kept thinking KGE was like, 5 feet or something because she’s so teeny tiny compared to LMHz. And then I just realized he’s just freaking TALL.  She’s my height, 5 feet 5 inches, which is honestly pretty tall for an Asian woman.  I’m the same height and everyone thinks I’m tall when I go home to China. 

KGE is pretty tall for an asian woman. LMH is around 6'2 if I am not mistaken. That is really tall. That's why KGE looks so tiny beside him but they really have this cute height difference. That's why it is always cute whenever he scoops her for an embrace. He literally envelopes her body to his :joy:

7 minutes ago, Orientalfan said:

She was so brave. She could hide...but no...she decided to face death fighting. An epitome of a warrior...

Indeed. Not the typical FL you see on Kdramas. Had she not fought her way out of that warehouse, she could have died. 

• Like 13
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:
2 hours ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

Damn this forum movin faster than Lee Gon's kiss... did ya'll even sleep? It feels like you are all goin to die before JTE does (iz in your theories!!!) 

LOL. IKR!

Like you know... 

WHAT IS SLEEP?

My daughter has been begging me to sleep. Like seriously, haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 16

12 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

My daughter has been begging me to sleep. Like seriously, haha

Now a days, moms so difficult to handle... :blush:

TKEM effect is REAL! 

New video from The Swoon... I so love it!

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, msdot said:

Wow! Terrific post, @SweetButters! And good speculation about LG’s grandfather and CLNoh. 

There was some mention awhile back of a group doing fan fiction, but I couldn’t tell whether that was somewhere on Soompi or somewhere else. Would some kind soul enlighten me on where to find this group? Thanks!

@msdot haha thanks! I dont know if thats how it could go, but its either that king haejong helped Lady Noh or maybe she's JTE's grandma or some dragon woman is my best guess at this point. lol 

oh I dont know if it was ours, but our group of @LeftCoastOppa, @koreaboooo, @Alice Wonderland made some fan fiction :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8