Guest ororomunroe

I re-watched the first 3 episodes of the drama and boy am I confused. When I watched the drama while airing, I thought I understood the timeline of events. Now watching it again and knowing what's to come and such, I'm so lost. The first episode confuses me so much, like are we in year one or are we in Fall semester? The San Chul receipt incident happened in year one: Jung "hates" Seol time line right? Ignoring Seol and then buying her juice just to make NJY mad also takes place in year one? So the Seol class switch by San Chul and accusing Jung, was that year one or beginning of the new school semester?  

I swear this drama should have been 20 episodes (when they first announced the project I was wishing and hoping and praying, that it would be 20 episodes) so that they could have fleshed out things better in the beginning and also because I am selfish, I want/ed more Cheese. I also feel they could have added more of the original beginning of the webtoon and Jung and Seol's story had it been a 20 episode drama. Which begs the question, why did the drama team choose to differ so much for the original begins of the drama? Like the whole receipt incident and Seol's switched classes never happens in the webtoon (though to be fair the whole Jung talking and maybe playing with Jaewoo pops up in season 3 but that is more related to Inha and we didn't see him scheme anything. He simply talked to him on the bench). I get that this was supposed to be a romance thriller but I found webtoon Jung to be kinda creepy and thrilling enough all on his own. What I liked about it was that you were always questioning if Jung was actually being a creeper, if Seol was reading too much into things, or if it was simply misunderstandings. Like if you looked at it one way, it was nothing. Then if you pause and look at it again (especially from Seol's lens) it was like "run girl" LOL.

Like the incident during the study session where Jung thinks Seol is laughing at him, and she thinks he's side eyeing her with ill intent. Then Seol trips and Jung catches her and tells her "I told you to be careful". That creeped me out because I wasn't sure what to think. Every time I read the webtoon I get a different feeling from that scene. Did Jung really grasp Seol's shoulder hard or was it in her head? Did he whisper in her ear creepy like? Or was he simply telling Seol to be careful and her own nerves and general judgement/dislike/fear of Jung had her hear it the way she wanted? I enjoyed the balance of is it Seol? Is it Jung? Is it me that is reading it wrong? I don't know. I felt Jung was thrilling and creepy enough in the webtoon. He had the perfect balance of quiet kind of nice guy...wait he's kind of an oddball...wait did he really do that or is she imagining it...wait what is with this guy...is this a misunderstanding or did he really do that...did he wave to her on purpose so that girl would see or did she just happen to walk in when he waved at her? I found Jung to be mysterious, and thrilling, but also nice and cute and adorable, and kind of a dorky gentleman who could kill you with one stare or walk off. I feel that some of the things the drama added to his character need not be added. It pushed the character too far into one sort of thing and the balance of it all kind of got lost.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I re-watched the first 3 episodes of the drama and boy am I confused. When I watched the drama while airing, I thought I understood the timeline of events. Now watching it again and knowing what's to come and such, I'm so lost. The first episode confuses me so much, like are we in year one or are we in Fall semester? The San Chul receipt incident happened in year one: Jung "hates" Seol time line right? Ignoring Seol and then buying her juice just to make NJY mad also takes place in year one? So the Seol class switch by San Chul and accusing Jung, was that year one or beginning of the new school semester?  

I swear this drama should have been 20 episodes (when they first announced the project I was wishing and hoping and praying, that it would be 20 episodes) so that they could have fleshed out things better in the beginning and also because I am selfish, I want/ed more Cheese. I also feel they could have added more of the original beginning of the webtoon and Jung and Seol's story had it been a 20 episode drama. Which begs the question, why did the drama team choose to differ so much for the original begins of the drama? Like the whole receipt incident and Seol's switched classes never happens in the webtoon (though to be fair the whole Jung talking and maybe playing with Jaewoo pops up in season 3 but that is more related to Inha and we didn't see him scheme anything. He simply talked to him on the bench). I get that this was supposed to be a romance thriller but I found webtoon Jung to be kinda creepy and thrilling enough all on his own. What I liked about it was that you were always questioning if Jung was actually being a creeper, if Seol was reading too much into things, or if it was simply misunderstandings. Like if you looked at it one way, it was nothing. Then if you pause and look at it again (especially from Seol's lens) it was like "run girl" LOL.

Like the incident during the study session where Jung thinks Seol is laughing at him, and she thinks he's side eyeing her with ill intent. Then Seol trips and Jung catches her and tells her "I told you to be careful". That creeped me out because I wasn't sure what to think. Every time I read the webtoon I get a different feeling from that scene. Did Jung really grasp Seol's shoulder hard or was it in her head? Did he whisper in her ear creepy like? Or was he simply telling Seol to be careful and her own nerves and general judgement/dislike/fear of Jung had her hear it the way she wanted? I enjoyed the balance of is it Seol? Is it Jung? Is it me that is reading it wrong? I don't know. I felt Jung was thrilling and creepy enough in the webtoon. He had the perfect balance of quiet kind of nice guy...wait he's kind of an oddball...wait did he really do that or is she imagining it...wait what is with this guy...is this a misunderstanding or did he really do that...did he wave to her on purpose so that girl would see or did she just happen to walk in when he waved at her? I found Jung to be mysterious, and thrilling, but also nice and cute and adorable, and kind of a dorky gentleman who could kill you with one stare or walk off. I feel that some of the things the drama added to his character need not be added. It pushed the character too far into one sort of thing and the balance of it all kind of got lost.

I know right. Am in the middle of reading s3, sometimes I recognize some scenes from the drama but in a different time order so it is starting to confuse me a lot lol. However I remember I loved the scene in which Yoo Jung crawls next to Seol in the hospital bed. That was not in the webtoon right? On the other side I also love how Soonki shows how Jung really prioritize Seol in the hospital (even when he is in doubt whether Seol really loves him and not just because she couldnt let go of his hand, but he concludes that he doesnt care as long as he loves her. And as long as she is by his side. Uhm this is how I interpreted the webtoon till now, maybe wrong?). Also loved how he is so considerate towards Seol (made her fall asleep/rest again by covering her eyes) and just decides to stand up against his father later on and finally told him his piece of mind...In conclusion I love both the drama (except the vague ending and the dissappearance of Jung) and the webtoon, so curious to the ending but also enjoying the read for now^^ CITT fighting !!

2016 Korea Cable TV Awards + red carpet

Friday, March 25, 2016

dr1.jpg

Article: Park Hae Jin smiles, 'Reply' sweeps it all... 'Korea Cable TV Awards 2016'

Source: News 24 via Naver

Music show: 'I See Your Voice' (Mnet)
Best actor: Park Hae Jin
Best MC: Shin Dong Yeob
Rising stars: Ryu Jun Yeol, Ryu Hye Young, Lee Jin Ho
Best Comedian: Lee Guk Joo
Best singers chosen by cable TV music PDs: Twice, INFINITE, Jessi
Hallyu singer: BAP
Channel: tvN
Drama: 'Reply 1988'
Variety: 'Please take care of my fridge'
Movie: Veteran

1. [+5,764, -203] How regretful that 'Signal' did not win one award!

2. [+4,359, -84] 'Signal' was never nominated because it's a 2016 drama

3. [+3,377, -125] 'Cheese in the Trap' ㅠ at least Park Hae Jin won something, he did so well~ congratulations

4. [+2,609, -102] Seeing this list makes me sad for 'Cheese in the Trap'. Was it really so hard for the producers to just go with the original storyline... it had the best casting set up too.

5. [+2,463, -110] So proud of Park Hae Jin for winning~ congratulations

6. [+518, -41] Yoo Jung sunbae is the only one who survived out of 'Cheese in the Trap' ㅠㅠ congratulations~

7. [+513, -30] When the producers and scriptwriter were getting lost with the drama, Park Hae Jin stood his ground and maintained the integrity of his character. He did well.

8. [+436, -31] Congratulations to Park Hae Jin on best actor award... his Yoo Jung sunbae was the best of the best~!

Article: Park Hae Jin, "'Cheese' went through so much drama... but I'll come back with a good drama soon"

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+627, -20] He did everything that was required of him. He did well. Yoo Jung sunbae made my heart flutter. Despite the horrible editing of the drama, he stuck by his guns and played out his character through to the end and is deserving of his award. Hopefully he meets better producers in his next drama and is able to go on the celebratory trip at the end!

2. [+457, -14] Congratulations Yoo Jung sunbae~~~

3. [+405, -8] Congratulations on the actor award~~~!

4. [+39, -3] He's the better person until the end

5. [+32, -2] 'Cheese' had the potential to be the best drama of my life... how unfortunate about the ending

Credit : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2016/03/2016-korea-cable-tv-awards-red-carpet.html

CONGRATS YOO JUNG SUNBAE...YOU'RE TRULY DESERVED IT !!!!!!!!

Fan%20Fic_zps0o96umwg.jpg

The fan fic segment is in the works! A little preview of the story? Hehehe...

AND...

CONGRATS TO PARK HAE JIN! No matter what, good acting will always shine through. 

Is it me or at least he doesn't look as thin as before? Yeah!

Spoiler

@fidda868 @bebebisous33 @40somethingahjumma @coffeeboy @Ahpheng @stargazer187 @Divya K Vargheese@dingledongle@Ayu Rashid @miles99@badsmuler@dango2@chasingdaisy @enigmatic_zephy @MrsSoJiSub @SparkyBadger@bjvipb2uty @jay214 @ChunSungIm@Bambiina@thunderman1@Moongazer@amie0807 @s00ki@mariposa @maboroshi @IreneY@zia28 @phjkge @rhaps @bharu@Anabela Sampaio @sunblind@Poh Ling Tiong@emmamama@tablohigh @2centsny@tensaitekikuroneko@airasara@KymberleeD@wildaffairs@allievera @cloe_1409 @angelangie @lolalarue @amisyka77@LoveTaeHyung@Hiraeth @sashalove @beingdramatic@luvcrabbieshinhwa @seoll@leeagassi @mail3227 @irilight @Ha Tinh Nhi@Kpop_Is_Life @chrianna @themarchioness @rafaishan @padhari @San@Cute_BoA@cool_jez@cheesethatnotsocheesey@hana143@agalang@MeandmyCraziness@insertusernamehere@USAFarmgirl @trust71 @tikatetchan @Kasmic @madlena@wingdan @larinalove @bambina @hrkharis @ktn1122@Marianna Vishniakova @sunblind @knightauror @atilia@break--apart @JulieSean @manji @ACupofMilk @bukk1@MyNameIsM @mariposa23 @lclarakl @gamshe @meltmilkyway@NRGchick @Miss_Unicorn @Prettytal@Yasaman Asghari @dotoh @vnwksr@littleloony @dingledongle@Sudeshna Das@iep_oktarina@demarchelier @yuhotarubi @minoz_joyax @astridwhite87 @seulgoddess @nefariouskat @plappi @churasan@MrMarley @MissAria @dianellie@debolina @dulcedulce @Gitakawaii @sba16 @usagi1997 @yuhotarubi @usagi1997@chubbychub1966@parisonheaven @Pooh4ever @aolissol @guiya @iamu @Neintynein @Yeekrfan2@dchick91@yellomellow001   @phitznotrobot @qwenli @Rebecca Susan

icon2_zpsfu2wowl3.jpg

Announcement: Team Cheesy Briegade has entered our fanfic entry for the Soompi Shipper's contest!

You can have a look at our entry on the soompi thread here:

or directly on our site here:

https://teamcheesybriegade.atavist.com/full-circle

Voting is likely to open on 28/3, so we'll be counting on your continued support to get through to round 4 (fanvid)!

Please keep an eye out for us! ;)

PS: you can follow our updates (and help spread the word!) on twitter here:

https://twitter.com/cheesybriegade

Sincerely, Team Cheesy Briegade

tvN sweeps awards at 'Korea Cable TV Awards 2016'

ii1.jpg

ii2.jpg

MBN - Naver:  tvN sweeps awards at 'Cable TV Awards' 

1. [+1,309, -28] Better than most public broadcast dramas

2. [+1,260, -30] Reply 1988 and Signal played a huge role

3. [+981, -26] Even if all public channels band together, they won't catch up to tvN on the rankings. I tune in to tvN first when I turn on the TV

4. [+925, -24] tvN is the trend..

5. [+939, -51] I want Signal season 2

6. [+106, -5] CITT's college storyline was so fun thoㅜ

7. [+86, -6] I was first introduced to tvN through 'Rude Miss Young Ae'

8. [+84, -9] Casting unknown yet talented actors was an effective move for tvN~ So-called actors who take up lead roles but can't act should be kicked out~

9. [+51, -1] What changed tvN's image was 'Misaeng'

10. [+71, -8] Don't be too focused on casting top stars, hunt for rookies to keep it fresh!!

11. [+83, -14] CITT is the fly in the ointment ㅠㅠㅠ The cast was good... but why did that have to happen??? ㅠㅠㅠ If only it successfully finished off without controversies, I wouldn't be in the position of choosing which actor to trust to watch or to skip

12. [+54, -5] Park Hae Jin deserves it. He did a great job. richard simmons you Lee Yoon Jung PD, Yoo Jung sunbae got an award

---

Credit: http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/03/tvn-sweeps-awards-at-korea-cable-tv.html

韩媒爆料,《#奶酪陷阱#》将翻拍电影,@朴海镇 有望继续出演。[噢耶]据报道,电影制作公司方面在与《奶酪陷阱》漫画原作者签订合约,邀请原作者参与电影剧本创作。而朴海镇方面表示,确实收到了电影版的出演邀请,但目前一切尚未定论,已经向制作公司方面表示,等漫画原作者合作事宜确定后再联系。如果漫画原作者将参与电影拍摄,那我方会考虑一下。

There will be a citt movie and phj will be joining IF the webtoonist joining d production team!

@qwenli @angelangie @40somethingahjumma@lclarakl

31 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

BIG NEWS Friends.

Cheese In The Trap reportedly will be made into a movie with Park Hae Jin as male lead http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0001965767 

@gangurhar u r really fast!

'Cheese in the Trap' to be made into a movie, Park Hae Jin in talks to reprise Yoo Jung role

yy4.jpg

news 1 - Naver: [Exclusive] 'Cheese in the Trap' movie version chooses Park Hae Jin for lead role

1. [+1,059, -22] Yoo Jung sunbae = Park Hae Jin

2. [+836, -40] I'm all up for him to do it but what am I getting nervous for this? Why do I feel like they'll suffer some lose even if it does well?

3. [+682, -21] I want to stop him from doing it but I hope he decides after careful consideration

4. [+522, -22] The downsides outweigh the advantages, I personally don't wan't it be made into a movie. He's not confirmed for the role yet so I hope he chooses a better project

5. [+223, -7] If he's ever confirmed, make sure to do it right this time, kick that drama's richard simmons and say "Look, this is what CITT should be!". I hope the movie will be good, I'm cheering for it

6. [+225, -8] Seems like both Park Hae Jin and Soon Ki were pissed off because of the drama

7. [+162, -3] Hul... It seems like Soon Ki disliked everyone but Park Hae Jin ㅋㅋㅋ So they're changing everyone except Park Hae Jin?

8. [+140, -7] Do a good job with the female lead casting.. Inho too

jj8.jpg

Sports Dong A - Nate: [Exclusive] 'Cheese in the Trap' to be made into a movie... Writer Soon Ki to participate 

1. [+216, -12] Can't they just get Park Hae Jin-ssi to be Yoo Jung? ㅠㅠ

2. [+182, -11] Is there even anyone who can play Yoo Jung better than Park Hae Jin?

3. [+30, 0] Park Hae Jin is in talks for the lead role ㅎㅎ

4. [+26, 0] Yeah, leave Yoo Jung as it is and replace everyone

5. [+22, -1] Should've just made CITT into a movie in the first place and not a drama~~

Nate
1. [+144, -3]  Hoping for no more suffering in this one ㅠㅠ Yoo Jung sunbae fighting! It would be hard to compress a lengthy story into a movie so please do a good job production team ㅠㅜ

2. [+124, -10] Change Hong Seol, Baek Inho and Baek Inha, that way the movie will survive

3. [+97, -3] Let it be a movie that will showcase CITT's charm ㅠㅠ

4. [+21, -2] Let's go with Chun Woo Hee this time

5 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

I don't know what to say about this movie news

Am I happy? Or do I wish that this horror story ends?

@gangurhar when i first saw the news..i was so excited but again..i dunt want other female lead casted for hong seol..i wish to c kge stayed as hs with phj..

But second thought, im afraid it will lead to another *controversy* ...tbh, im in dilemma..lol..

Just hope the movie will only starts after soonkki finished her webtoon. Just hope both phj and soonkki choose wisely this time:)

"Park Haejin to star in Cheese in the Trap Movie version"

It's said in the article he'll be playing Yoo Jung, once again. Movie is currently under discussion. 
http://www.instiz.net//pt/3684309

Suddenly a ktist RT that news on my twitter... guys. is this real

i can't believe it. how about the  other casts. how about HONG SEOL. Go Eun was flawless...i dont want them to change her at least ;;;;;

Uh? Is this early April's Fool? Oppa, andweeeee!! Everybody needs to let it die! The webtoon is still here and enough! Even  if it's a different production company and more professional than the last one, it's not worth it. Especially since I doubt they will get everybody on board to begin with all the stuffs that happened behind the drama. I assume it will be a continuation since clearly they can't remake the whole webtoon in 2 hrs when 16hrs wasn't enough for the drama. Run, Park Hae Jin! Run!! You need to rise, not lower yourself lol 

I'm sorry you can clear tell I'm against it though it's his decision, but still I'm mama bear right now.

Article: [Exclusive] Park Hae Jin cast as lead for movie of 'Cheese in the Trap'

Source: News 1 via Nate

1. [+677, -18] I hope he doesn't have to suffer this time ㅠㅠ Yoo Jung sunbae, fighting! It's going to be hard to compress that long story into a movie so I hope the producers know what they're doing ㅠㅠ

2. [+643, -61] Just change Hong Seol, Baek Inho, and Baek Inha, it's the only way for the movie to survive

3. [+487, -14] Hopefully it's a movie that shows the proper charm of the webtoon ㅠㅠ

4. [+58, -0] How badly was he disappointed in the drama.. that he's choosing to play a character he's already played once. Webtoon writer Sunkki too... I hope the omvie turns out well.

5. [+46, -4] Let's go with Chun Woo Hee this time

-

Article: Park Hae Jin reps, "He's only been offered the role, not confirmed"

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+201, -7] Honestly there's no other actor who can play the role of Yoo Jung other than Park Hae Jin though ㅠㅠ

2. [+187, -16] Seeing as how Sunkki is participating in the movie with the director, I'm sure they're being super careful with this one ㅠㅠ and I honestly can't think of anyone else in the role of Yoo Jung other than Park Hae Jin ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+142, -13] Of course he's going to take it. It's going to be such a pain for the actor who takes his place since he set such a high standard already with the drama ㅎㅎ and he's most fit for it too

4. [+23, -2] Honestly if I were him, I'd reject the movie offer after how much I suffered from the drama. No one would blame him if he chose to just move on and focus on his next drama... I'm just worried the movie's going to end up like 'Fashion King'... but I also can't imagine anyone else in the role other than him. What a risky situation.

5. [+17, -3] Seems like Park Hae Jin doesn't care how much he's being paid, he just wants closure from how the drama ended by taking this movie and going through with it once and for all. I really want to see him play Yoo Jung again because I can't imagine anyone else.

-

Source: Naver

1. [+1,867, -25] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is such a funny situation

2. [+1,604, -67] I don't even want to imagine anyone else playing Yoo Jung ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1,383, -39] I hope the director knows what he's doing this time

4. [+1,489, -119] Chun Woo Hee would be so perfect for Hong Seol

5. [+672, -35] I don't think he's going to do it

6. [+306, -4] The bad thing about this being a movie is that people already know the plot and I don't know how many people are willing to fork over their own money to rewatch something they already know. Park Hae Jin will be solely responsible for its box office success. He should just take the drama he was offered from the 'Descendants of the Sun' scriptwriter and pass on this.

7. [+298, -15] They're compressing 'Cheese in the Trap' to a two hour film? Sounds like a flop

8. [+272, -11] I don't want him to take it... the drama has already ruined its image and the movie doesn't sound like it's going to do any better

I'm excited about the movie. The drama was good until it became very obvious that they were trying to force a love line when they really didn't need to. There was so much that needed to be developed about Jung and Seol's relationship and insight into Jung's history that focusing on In Ho was just a waste. I'm hoping it will be more in line with the webtoon and not deviate to trying to hype up the second lead.

@chrissydiva, I don't get the impression that they want the same cast from CITT the drama. I think the writer wants to show how this drama should have been done. I think they will be careful about whom they select for the other roles.

Yes i hope they stick with the cast in drama, all casts are fine, especially kge bora and euntaek. I hope they are not pick drama's director to direct the movie, they r just very different both medium treatment editing and so on..  Its not about who is drama pro before or for keep continuity occasion will take the same PD, just let the movie expert work on this. Just pointing the continuity with the all cast's drama. And i hope the director is the man in the right place also..  To much hope haha

With the right director and writer, they could have a shot at making a dynamite movie out of it. Depends on how good they are at condensing scenes with montages. But I do wonder if it's a continuation?  Like those rather horrible movies they tacked on to the end of Hana Yori Dango. 

Aargh!  I want them to try it. I loved the drama except for the lack of focus on the cental mystery, and the somewhat dissatisfying ending. I just hope it doesn't mess with the good the drama already has for me, and deteriorate it further. 

I must say, this news still seems so unlikely to me. If true, Park hae Jin, only do it once you see a completed script you're happy with. 

Archived