Soompi Advent Calendar

partyon

19 minutes ago, agenth said:

Yes, it's mostly an Austrian thing. I have visited many Christmas markets all over Europe, and they mostly sell Glühwein / mulled wine, rather than Punsch!

You will find Christmas markets all over Europe! Many wonderful ones. :love: German Christmas markets are among the most famous ones, but don't be shy to visit the ones in e.g. Copenhagen (Denmark), Strasbourg (France), Vienna (Austria), Manchester (UK), Budapest (Hungary), Tallinn (Estonia), Warsaw (Poland), Brussels (Belgium), etc.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Here is a link to an article about Christmas markets in Europe, if anyone is interested. :kiss_wink:

https://www.europeanbestdestinations.com/christmas-markets/

With the winters being the darkest in December here in Europe, Christmas lights, warm drinks and friends make the month a little more bearable.

@the_sweetroad Joo Won oppa 50% looks great in winter wear too. :kiss_wink:

2_zpssgfi7o4j.jpg

1_zpstsndxgpp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 1

Chingus, the clue for December 15th is up!!! 

4aWW.gif

Time to solve the new clue and find the "Heart-warming" goodie which is waiting for you :fullofhearts:

We EOs will always root for you in solving the clues!!!

D8vE.gif

@Lmangla @Sunset @grrly @MayanEcho @twinkle_little_star @liddi @YongZura⁷ @itsmeash @the_sweetroad @joccu @Ameera Ali @kokodus @Yinye @-JC- @lexicon @ktcjdrama @madmad min @rocher22 @Romulan @larus @Gumiho @LeftCoastOppa @maribella  @Sky Kang, @lebeaucouple

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Dec 15:

Spoiler

3. kdrama & movies - Bossam Steal the Fate p10

It's amazing how this activity is bringing me to threads I've never visited before! Heard a lot of good things about this drama, but yet another one I have not watched so far. Too many dramas, too little time!

advent-candle.jpg

Such pretty candles! Never lit them for Christmas though. To my recollection, the only candles we ever lit apart from during power failures, were for the lanterns during Mid-Autumn festival, and even that was eons ago! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Dec. 15

Spoiler

The clues are so interesting, I'm sure I haven't watched it yet.

I used these 3 words to ask Mr. Google - sageuk steal widows and here I am. 

advent-candle.jpg

Since I don't celebrate Christmas, I also looked it up through Mr. Google  So it symbolizes hope, love, joy and peace.  

Previous mission 

Spoiler

Dec. 14

Our EOs are very kind :fullofhearts:Thank you.  Because of this mission, I found other actors with similar background too.

Joo Won - page 2915 

If I have checked his future work "Carter" ...

Joo Won had been confirmed for the leading role in “Carter,” an action-espionage blockbuster that will depict a thrilling chase

It's fine... let's move on (talking to myself)

Well done  @the_sweetroad

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Thanks @Sleepy Owl :sipsboba:

and EOs even though I could not participate actively in this event :heart:

About Christmas drinks, I am sorry I only drink water everyday. I can not share interesting story about drinks or food because of if people always on diet like me, they will find that food is just like.. food. HAHAHA :lol: nothing interesting if no matter how delicious the food you will only taste 2-3 or 4 bites. Lol  

HAPPY WEDNESDAY from my place :heart4: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, agenth said:

Maybe this is mostly a European thing? I guess you guys would have big celebrations for the new year?

Maybe. I'm don't like crowds of people so I've never gone to any celebration. I think the big celebrations are mainly in the big cities.

CLUE 15:

Spoiler

3 is for kdramas and moviesI knew right away what this one was. The first two lines gave it away. Bossam Steal the Fate and 10 is the page number.

We used to light candles and put them on the window sills of the front windows. But as with other things, we stopped doing that as my mom's dementia got a bit worse and most of the candles are either gone or somewhere in the attic.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Blob 2

hai everyone. I just wanted to write to say thanks a bunch for the gift. some of the clues are surprising. so sweet. :D

Spoiler

Dec 15

Here comes the shameless guy 
Who kidnaps widows under the night sky
He does all this dirty work to steal the fate
While knowing he will end up getting a lot of hate
Girls had high end crush on this sweet munchie 3 years ago
He kidnapped a princess witnessed only by a crow
She was a princess, a widow, an excellent archer
But was abandoned by her family, even her father
In modern time she was lawyer of a Defendant
She said Jang Geum is her Grandma, and she is her descendant 
Disguising as husband-wife they are living together
His 10 year old son has been calling the princess his mother

here, I give the comments, 

Day 15 : page 10
k-dramas & movies 
Drama 2021 Bossam: Steal the Fate,

보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

advent-candle.jpg

EnnL5-3f.jpg

(Great Job at solving the clue!!!!) 

(This time, we have prepared the Advent Candle for you) 

(Just like how Ba Woo warmed up the Princess' heart (which had been cold for years), we hope this Advent Candle warms up your hearts) 

(Do you also light Advent Candles? Please tell us about it in the comments)

20211215-085709.gif

Bossam: Steal the Fate, this story of many kinds: romance, historical, sad, warm-hearted, fantastic and inspiring; and they cover all aspects of life from love and future dreams together. :D from my point of view, actor Jung Il Woo as Ba Woo, his character in Bossam was outgoing and warm-hearted personality man who helped Princess when she needed a companion for comfort. yes. the closer one gets to Christmas, the more the candles get lit and the brighter it shines. I begin the season with a mindset that creates gratitudes in my heart. I wish may this radiance warms our hearts and fills among us with joy. :D

italian-hot-choc-with-kirsch.gif

• Love 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Open and search the threads take two!  :lol:

Spoiler

Does the thief, and his 10 year old, woo with candles? :D

advent-candle.jpg

Do you also light Advent Candles? Please tell us about it in the comments 

No, nor do I keep one, coz kids. Exceptions on birthdays. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Date confirmed for Christmas gift from BTS V

Just nice at the end of this event.

Credit to the owner

wow @YongZura⁷ chingu, thank you for reaching out. it's so nice to hear from you in this event thread. he's really amazing. :D * a standing ovation* 

giphy-4.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

awww, one of my favourite dramas this year. thought my romantic heart pretty much is dead but it got me fangirling and so happy. I even learned to screenshot and upload. hehehehe...

if you need reasons to check out the drama: @the_sweetroad, @liddi, @YongZura⁷, @MayanEcho and others....

Spoiler

such lovely cinematography that was shot with care and set the mood well. there were tons of outdoor scenes that made it feel more lived in as opposed to just a lot of sets. 

bossam17.png 

a PD that felt less is more and made restraint look romantic; where maturity and seriousness gave the romance depth. this wasn't a romance about babies. these were people who had faced disappointment, tears, the weariness of life and wrestling with how to keep going...  and then finding each other rather unexpectedly...  

bossam50-hug.jpg 

where romance was built into the smallest of gestures....

such as being an umbrella for a raindrop

bossam-40-42.jpg 

and intimacy, trust, danger and strength all woven together into single scenes...

bossam-76-78.jpg  

such great memory from this year. :love:

chingus, if you haven't seen it, do check it out!

• Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

Hi guys! I am back again! :joy:

December 15

Spoiler

K-dramas & Movies > Bossam, Steal The Fate (Page 10)

advent-candle.jpg

This is one beautiful candle! I love the riddle... You event organizers guys are the best! :)

I've been busy with my real life lately so I don't have much time to join the fun here each and everyday! But still I will try my best to drop by and show my love for the event! :ohboy2:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 4
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

awww, one of my favourite dramas this year. thought my romantic heart pretty much is dead but it got me fangirling and so happy. I even learned to screenshot and upload. hehehehe...

I was sure you would know which drama it is just by reading the first 2 lines, Noona :piggydance:

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I've been busy with my real life lately so I don't have much time to join the fun here each and everyday! But still I will try my best to drop by and show my love for the event! 

No problem Chingu, you can always come back and solve the old clues as well if you have time, or just solve the new ones :fullofhearts:

12 hours ago, twinkle_little_star said:

hai everyone. I just wanted to write to say thanks a bunch for the gift. some of the clues are surprising. so sweet. :D

Thank you Chingu for your kind words and also actively participating in this event as well 

original.gif

14 hours ago, liddi said:

Such pretty candles! Never lit them for Christmas though. To my recollection, the only candles we ever lit apart from during power failures, were for the lanterns during Mid-Autumn festival, and even that was eons ago! :sweatingbullets:

We also usually lit the candles during the power failures as well :joy:

no-power-power-outage.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1