IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

NAME: JANG DONG GUN
BIRTH DATE: March 7, 1972
HEIGHT: 180 cm (approx. 5'11")
WEIGHT: 68 kg (approx. 150 pounds - but i think he weighs less now)siblings: one brother (jang dong gun is older)
blood type: O
favorite foods: likes just about anything
specialties(?): golf, something about music, and other stuff i couldnt understand
nicknames: cow (or calf) because his eyes are big
first debut: in 1992 with MBC

DRAMAS

A GENTLEMAN'S DIGNITY- 2012 (SBS)
ALL ABOUT EVE - 2000 (MBC)
SPRING TIME- 1999 (MBC)GHOST- 1999 (SBS)
LOVE - 1999 (MBC)
READY GO! - 1997 (MBC)
MODEL- 1997 (SBS)
MYTH OF A HER0-1997 (MBC)
MEDICAL BROTHERS- 1997 (MBC)
ICING - 1996 (MBC)
THE LAST GAME - 1994 (MBC)
IL JI MAE- 1994 (MBC)OUR HEAVEN - 1993 (MBC)

MOVIES
DANGEROUS LIAISONS- 2012
MY WAY- 2011
THE WARRIORS WAY- 2010
GOOD MORNING PRESIDENT -2009
The Promise (무극) - 2005
The Typhoon (태풍) - 2005
Taegukgi (태극기휘날리며) - 2003
The Coast Guard (해안선) - 2002
2009 Lost Memories (2009로스트메모리즈) - 2002
Friend (친구) - 2001
The Anarchists (아나키스트) - 2000
The Anarchists (아나키스트) - 2000
Nowhere to Hide (인정사정볼것없다) - 1999
Love Wind Love Song (연풍연가) - 1999
Holiday in Seoul (홀리데이인 서울) - 1997
Payback (패자부활전) - 1997

AWARDS

2012 SBS Drama Awards: Top Excellence Award, Actor - Weekend/Serial Drama (A Gentleman's Dignity)
2012 SBS Drama Awards: Top 10 Stars Award (A Gentleman's Dignity)
2012 5th Style Icon Awards: Style Icon of the Year
2012 5th Style Icon Awards: Top 10 Style Icons
2007 15th Chunsa Film Festival: Hallyu Culture Award
2005 2nd Max Movie Awards: Best Actor ("Typhoon")
2004 Blue Dragon Film Festival: Best Actor Award ("Taegukgi")
2003 1st Andre Kim Best Star Awards: Best Star Award
2001 Blue Dragon Film Festival: Most Popular Actor Award
2001 46th Asia-Pacific International Film Festival: Best Supporting Actor ("Friend")
2000 Blue Dragon Film Festival: Popularity Award
1999 Chung-Ryong Movie Festival: Best Supporting Actor Award ("Nowhere to Hide")
1997 Chung-Ryong Movie Festival: New Actor Award ("Repechage")
1997 MBC Drama Awards: Best Actor Award (Medical Brothers)
1997 Paeksang Arts Awards: TV Drama Popular Actor Award (Medical Brothers)
1994 Paeksang Arts Awards: TV Drama New Actor Award (The Last Game)

disclaimer: some information might be wrong..
so feel free to correct me or add things.

LINKS
http://www.jangdonggun.net/
http://www.jangdonggun.co.kr/
http://cafe.naver.com/donggunlove.cafe
http://www.movist.com/movies/movist.asp?id=680
http://epg.epg.co.kr/star/profile/index.asp?actor_id=900

CREDITS
to the links above.. and
http://kr.image.search.yahoo.com/search/im...amp;subtype=web (for pictures)

Guest HAPPI3LAYDEE

yay

a JANG DONG GUN THREAD

thanx my immortality, some of the pix are hot, and new to me, i havent seen some of them yet

JDG gals n angels, now I really hate myself for not saving his pictures from his thread. Always thot that I can come back in to admire our greek god.

So I guess it's back to making this a lively and informative thread! I remember we were shooting for 300th page the last time! Let's go girls!!

Thanks to my immortality for starting the thread - now I know we have the same blood type

:):)

<I have changed my user name :P >

Guest jisung

hi everyone! :)

my immortality, my gratitude till immortality for starting this thread, and some of the pics are new to me too! :P

see u around my friends!

;)

Hi to all.....

Where are my sipsiow friends?? :(

still here babe/sipsiow queen/gal! still the same nick, minus the _05! :P

A W A R D S

Best Actor Award - Taegukgi

Cheong Ryong (Blue Dragon) Movie Awards

Best Suppoting Actor-Friend

46th Asia-Pacific International Film Festival

Popular Award

Popular Award

Best Supporting Actor - Nowhere To Hide

Best New Actor - The Repechage

Most Popular Performer

Baeksang Art Awards

Best TV Actor

MBC

TV Best New Actor

Baeksang Art Awards

credits: www.jang-donggun.com

ruffluv109(aka mrs jang)

hi everyone! :)

my immortality, my gratitude till immortality for starting this thread, and some of the pics are new to me too! :P

see u around my friends!

;)

still here babe/sipsiow queen/gal! still the same nick, minus the _05! :P

Hi dear......nice to see some familiar name.... :D

Guest jisung

Hi dear......nice to see some familiar name.... :D

hi babe! ahm, the dear makes me feel like an ahjumma, honey! whatever happened to babe? :blink::lol:

Source: http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/news/news_view...ws_num=293&page =1&p_part=1&p_item=&tmp_cnt=293

Parties thrown to promote three major films at Pusan

[KOFIC, 2005.09.30]

Three big-budget local films that will be launched in December will try to garner a bit of pre-release hype at major parties to be thrown at the Pusan International Film Festival (Oct. 6-14).

On October 10 at the Westin Chosun Hotel in Busan, "Running Wild" night will be thrown by distributor Showbox to provide publicity for its big release of the winter season. Running Wild will be shot by debut director KIM Sung-soo (no relation to KIM Sung-soo of Musa fame) and features KWON Sang-woo and YU Ji-tae in the story of a vicious prosecutor and detective who pursue an equally-vicious criminal. Advance clips from the film will screened and the main actors will be in attendance.

On the following day at the Grand Hotel ballroom, distributor CJ Entertainment will hold a cocktail party for its upcoming film Typhoon. Directed by K.T. KWAK (Friend), the film about a modern-day pirate who seeks revenge against both North and South Korea ranks as the most expensive film in Korean history at $15m. Top star JANG Dong-gun, LEE Jung-jae and LEE Mi-yeon will be in attendance at the party.

Finally, on October 12 Korea Pictures will hold a reception at the Westin Chosun in honor of Blue Swallow, a biopic about Korea's first female aviator who lived in Japan in the 1920s. Director YUN Jong-chan, actress JANG Jin-young and actor KIM Ju-hyuk will hold a stage greeting and, as with the other two films, advance clips from the film will be screened.

Such receptions to promote large-scale local films at PIFF have become a common occurrence in recent years, after the events held to promote Tae Guk Gi and Silmido in 2003 and Rikidozan in 2004.

credit: YoonEe, just jang dong gun

50th Asia Pacific Film Festival concludes

2005-10-02 02:35:04 XinhuaEnglish

The picture shows the closing ceremony of

the 50th Asia Pacific Film Festival(APFF) held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,

Oct.1, 2005. The 50th Asia Pacific Film Festival, which came to a close

here Saturday night, opened on Sept. 28. The movie"Tae Guk Gi" from the

Republic of Korea(ROK) took away the prize of Best Director. The Best

Director prize went to Kang Je-Gyu who directed the ROK feature film,

while Joo Hyun, who played a father of a young girl committing various

crimes in another ROK feature movie the"Family," awarded Best

Actor.Malaysian actress Tiara Jacquelina won the Best Actress prize for

her role in Malaysian feature film"Puteri Gunung Ledang," or"A Legendary

Love."

ROK movie wins top prize in Asia Pacific Film Festival

2005-10-02 01:29:31 XinhuaEnglish

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct. 2(Xinhuanet)-- The 50th Asia Pacific Film Festival(APFF) closed here Saturday night and the movie"Tae Guk Gi" from the Republic of Korea(ROK) took away the prize of Best Director.

The Best Director prize went to Kang Je-Gyu who directed the ROK feature film, while Joo Hyun, who played a father of a young girl committing various crimes in another ROK feature movie the"Family," awarded Best Actor.

Malaysian actress Tiara Jacquelina won a gust of warm applause when she went onto the stage to accept the Best Actress prize for her role in Malaysian feature film"Puteri Gunung Ledang," or"A Legendary Love."

Jackie Chen, a well-known movie star of Hong Kong, China, failed to appear at Putra World Trade Center here to pick up a special prize granted by the jury of the festival. He was among the five awarded a special prize by the jury.

The most prestigious film festival in the Asia Pacific region opened at the Istana Budaya national theater here on Wednesday with the theme Towards International Success. Sixteen countries sent 45 movies to vie for 14 prizes in three categories-- featurefilm, documentary and cartoon.

Anthony Wong from Hong Kong, China scored the Best Supporting Actor prize for his excellent performance in"Initial D," while Indonesian actress Rima Melati won the Best Supporting Actress prize for her role in"Violet," a film sent to the festival by Jakarta City of Indonesia.

The Best Screenplay was awarded to Lin Cheng Sheng who adapted the script for The"Moon Also Rises," a film presented by Chinese Taibei. The city will host the 51th Asia Pacific Film Festival next year. Enditem

Guest jisung

Azura babe, u the anonymous user? am still feeling a bit lost dearie and obviously at a loss for words here too! :blink: anyway, will try to post some caps/pics! :P

Guest jisung

^^all caps done by dreamer, just jang dong gun! :)

what's jisung nim, babe? :blink: that another version of unnie? so long as it's not ahjumma eh?! :P

Guest jisung

Chen Kaige's "The Promise" vying for Oscar

www.chinaview.cn 2005-09-27 14:33:46

(Source: CRIENGLISH.com)

BEIJING, Sept. 27 (Xinhuanet) -- Chinese director Chen Kaige's high-profile martial arts film, "The Promise", has received its final "license" to compete for Best Foreign Film in next year's Academy Awards.

The film's publicist, Huang Bing, announced that they received the official notification from the Film Bureau yesterday.

According to the Academy's rules, to be able to compete for the Best Foreign Film Oscar a film must be screened in its home country for at least one week. Huang said that the film's director Chen Kaige and producer Chen Hong, are preparing the first print of the film for the screening.

The film is slated to premiere on the mainland in Chengdu, in south China's Sichuan province on 29th September. The film will then screen in cinemas there from 30th September till 5th October. There will be only one screening each day, scheduled at 2 pm. The ticket price will be a pricy 120 yuan.

In order to protect the film from piracy, audiences are being asked take their identity cards with them when buying tickets.  

This mega budget pan-Asian production will be released across the world in December.

(Source: CRIENGLISH.com)

THE PROMISE, PERHAPS LOVE and THE WAYWARD CLOUD To Make Oscar Bid (MonkeyPeaches Exclusive)

September 27, 2005

(China Film Group)

According to various sources, Chen Kaige's mega budget fantasy epic The Promise / Wu Ji, Peter Chan's musical Perhaps Love and Tsai Ming-Liang's erotic musical The Wayward Cloud will represent China (the mainland), Hong Kong and Taiwan to bid for the Best Foreign Language Film of the coming Academy Awards. The Promise / Wu Ji won the privilege by beating such films like the highly appraised Kekexili: Mountain Patrol, Cannes winner Shanghai Dreams, Silver Berlin Bear winner Peacock and Letters from an Unknown Woman. In Hong Kong, Perhaps Love is favored over Jackie Chan's latest action The Myth and Stanley Kwan's Everlasting Regret, and in Taiwan, The Wayward Cloud wins without competitors.

The Weinstein Company has acquired the North American, English, Australian and South African rights to The Promise / Wu Ji along with IDG New Media Fund. However, it is unknown whether the Weinstein brothers will support its Oscar quest. Three years ago, when Zhang Yimou's Hero was making the Oscar bid, MiramAxe, under the Weinstein brothers' control back them, did absolutely nothing even though the studio had already acquired the rights to the film for major English speaking countries several months before.

source:www.monkeypeaches.com/wuji.html