Agency Star Empire Entertainment 

ACTOR (2012 - NOW)

Agency PLUM A&C 

(2017 - 2021)

[Instagram @ plumactors] 

STUDIO SKY 

[acquired & merged with PLUM A&C

(2021 - ..)

[Instagram @ plumactors is valid because the PLUM A&C staff always manages their actors] 

INSTAGRAM : @ yim_siwang

Eg9uOGrU4AEUCq7?format=jpg&name=small

Links: Asianwiki l Wikipedia l Dramawiki l Hancinema l NateZE:A l Facebook

Drama Series

Squid Game 2 (Netflix / 202..)

Boyhood (Coupang Play / 2023)

Summer Strike (ENA / 2022) 

Thirty-Nine (JTBC /2022) - ep.19 (cameo)

Tracer (WAVVE & MBC / 2022)

Run On (JTBC / 2020-2021)

Strangers from Hell (OCN / 2019)

King Loves (MBC / 2017)

Misaeng (tvN / 2014) - Jang Geu-Rae

Triangle | Teuraiaenggeul (MBC / 2014) - Yoon Yang-Ha / Jang Dong-Woo (youngest brother)

Pure Love | Ilmalui Soonjung (KBS2 / 2013) - Jung Woo-Sung (young)

Reply 1997 | Eungdabhara 1997 (tvN / 2012) - ROTC Seoul man

Standby | Seutaenbai (MBC / 2012) - Im Si-Wan

Man From the Equator | Jeogdoui Namja (KBS2 / 2012) - Lee Jang-Il (teen)

The Moon Embracing The Sun | Haereul Poomeun Dal (MBC / 2012) - Heo Yeom (teen)

TV Movies

Unlocked (Netflix / 2023)

Waiting for Love | Yeonaereul Kidaehae (KBS2 / 2013) - Jung Jin-Kook 

Movies

Road to Boston [1947 Boston] (2023)

Honey Sweet (2023) [cameo]

Emergency Declaration (2021 at the Cannes Film Festival) (2022 in Korea)

The Merciless (2017)

One Line (2017)

A Melody to Remember (2016)

The Attorney | Byeonhoin (2013) - Park Jin-Woo

Ronin Pop (2011) - Lee

Awards

Korean Popular Culture and Arts Award - 2023

Rising Star Award (Emergency Declaration) - 7th London East Asia Film Festival 2022 - oct. 20, 2022

Supporting Actor (Emergency Declaration) - 2022 Buil Film Awards - oct. 6, 2022

Best New Actor ("Triangle") - 2014 MBC Drama Awards - December 30, 2014

Popularity Award - 2014 (35th) Blue Dragon Film Awards - Dec. 17, 2014

Fashionista - 2014 (50th) PaekSang Arts Awards - May 27, 2014 

TV Shows

"Actors On Trip" (in Scotland, with Jung Hae In) - JTBC - August 23, 2023 

"YOU QUIZ ON THE BLOCK" EP.181 - tvN - February 15, 2023

"Knowing Bros" - JTBC - January 8, 2022

“House On Wheels” Season 2 - tvN / April - June 2021 

• Like 2

December 29, 2012

ZE:A’s Im Siwan Imitates a Kitty Cat 176.gif

Source: Soompi

121228_Imsiwan.jpg

ZE:A‘s Im Siwan recently imitated a cat lying on a ladder and watching people with quite the cold and disgruntled look on its face. Not to be outdone, the singer got as close as he could to the feline and mimicked the pose himself to emphasize the hilarity of the situation.

He posted the picture to his twitter page with the caption, “This cat is a troublemaker. It transformed into a human! Actually, I transformed into the cat.” The picture reveals the singer’s playful side to fans. Im Siwan also has one arm crossed over and holding the other as he shoots the same unamused look at the camera. 

Netizens who saw the photo commented, “Im Siwan as a cat. This photo is so cute,” “Im Siwan, you are so good-looking!” “Kwang Hee might get jealous if you keep doing that,” “Im Siwan, how can a guy be as adorable as you are?” “Actually my eyes keep wandering back to the cat,” and “But this cat is even more adorable than the Puss-In-Boots character in Shrek!”

sw_3.jpg
sw_4.jpg

Spoiler

user posted image
Singer - Actor 

S I W A N 임시완

Im Si Wan // Lim Si Wan  // Yim Si Wan

Name: Im Si-Wan (임시완) legally changed fom Im Woong-Jae

Birthdate: December 1, 1988

Birthplace: Busan, South Korea

Blood Type: B

Member of  ZE:A

Agency Star Empire Entertainment 
sw_1.jpg
Links: Asianwiki l Wikipedia l Dramawiki l Hancinema l NateZE:A l Facebook

Drama Series

Strangers from Hell (OCN / 2019)

King Loves (MBC / 2017)

Misaeng (tvN / 2014) - Jang Geu-Rae

Triangle | Teuraiaenggeul (MBC / 2014) - Yoon Yang-Ha / Jang Dong-Woo (youngest brother)

Pure Love | Ilmalui Soonjung (KBS2 / 2013) - Jung Woo-Sung (young)

Reply 1997 | Eungdabhara 1997 (tvN / 2012) - ROTC Seoul man

Standby | Seutaenbai (MBC / 2012) - Im Si-Wan

Man From the Equator | Jeogdoui Namja (KBS2 / 2012) - Lee Jang-Il (teen)

The Moon Embracing The Sun | Haereul Poomeun Dal (MBC / 2012) - Heo Yeom (teen)

TV Movies

Waiting for Love | Yeonaereul Kidaehae (KBS2 / 2013) - Jung Jin-Kook

Movies

The Merciless (2017)

One Line (2017)

A Melody to Remember (2016)

The Attorney | Byeonhoin (2013) - Park Jin-Woo

Ronin Pop (2011) - Lee

Awards

Best New Actor ("Triangle") - 2014 MBC Drama Awards - December 30, 2014

Popularity Award - 2014 (35th) Blue Dragon Film Awards - Dec. 17, 2014

Fashionista - 2014 (50th) PaekSang Arts Awards - May 27, 2014

sw_2.jpg

More than an Idol Star: 

How Did Yim Si-wan Become Jang Geu-rae?

Source: KOFICE (2014.11.14)

ZE:A is an idol group whose members’ individual works have garnered more attention than the group as a whole. More eye-catching alone than in a group, the members were able to somewhat shake off the teen idol image once they began their own projects.

Yim Si-wan, too, is relatively free from the “idol star” label because the spotlight that fell on him was on Yim Si-wan the actor, not the idol singer. After catching the public’s eye with his performance in “Moon Embracing the Sun,” he continued his acting career with “Man from the Equator,” 2-episode drama “Waiting for Love,” and the 10-million-admission movie “The Attorney” and won the audience over with his good looks and acting skills.  

Yim Si-wan’s forte is his image as an actor. Even many of those who are critical about casting idol stars give the thumbs up to Yim Si-wan. It goes on to show that Yim Si-wan’s acting and image have gained the confidence of the audience.

But Yim Si-whan is not without a critical weakness. With his pretty, boyish face and slim frame, there is a limit to how much he can portray in dramas that have a love plot. It is difficult to portray a convincing love relationship or a realistic picture when the male protagonist is prettier and smaller than the heroine. Yim Si-whan has a young, boyish image that makes his chemistry with actresses look rather unreal.

In the recently ended drama “Triangle,” Yim Si-wan played the role of an ambitious character. But the weak, commonplace storyline failed to bring out his character or convince the viewers of his one-sided love for Baek Jin-hee. There were conflicting reactions to Yim Si-wan as an actor.

That was when he chose tvN’s “Misaeng.” He is already Jang Geu-rae of the drama. “Misaeng” is ruthlessly realistic and brutally vivid. If the drama were aired on a major terrestrial channel and based on his love relationship with Kang So-ra, people would have questioned whether Yim Si-wan is fit for the role. But thanks to the storyline that closely follows the original comic, “Misaeng” is attracting more viewers, and Yim Si-wan is keeping the drama fueled with his performance.

The despair and difficulties of a high-school graduate intern, office politics that place more importance on interpersonal skills than competence, the woes of female workers, the top-to-bottom relationship that stunts teammates’ growth than encourages it, and other realistic presentations are resonating with the viewers more strongly than love relationships and dramatic events. Of course, there is fantasy in “Misaeng” as well. Team leader Mr. Oh (Lee Sung-min) is not an everyday mentor one finds at the workplace. But these fantasy elements are used only as a tool for exposing the problems of the reality. Mr. Oh has both the ability and the passion to get a promotion, but he is never given the opportunity, much to the viewers’ disdain.

The biggest strength of “Misaeng” is that it formed a rapport with the viewers through detailed investigation and research. Second, there are no holes in the actors’ performance. Yim Si-wan’s acting is so natural that one forgets that he is a member of an idol group. It is not surprising then that the public’s opinion on Yim Si-wan is turning from good to better. It was a smart choice on Yim’s part to take on a character that the viewers can sympathize with, despite his pretty face and slim frame, and not simply act but become that character.

If Yim Si-hwan had chased stardom and chosen the over-used wealthy son character and love story, he would not have attained this kind of achievement. Through “Misaeng,” Yim Si-wan has shown what his strengths are, and as long as he keeps making smart choices, the viewers will harbor interest in what the future holds for the actor Yim Si-wan. 

photo875365.jpg

Source: HanCinema.net

December 21, 2014

Spotlight: The Darkhorse Breakout Actor, Im Siwan

WRITTEN BY JOYCE l SeoulBeats.com

sw_5.jpg
Im Siwan is an idol-turned-actor who’s more well-known for his acting projects than his idol activities.

He’s perhaps one of the few idols who actually give idol-actors a good reputation, inviting praise and compliments instead of the typical hate comments. He’s perhaps best known for his current starring role in underdog manhwa-remake Misaeng, but also gained attention for his debut project as young Heo Yeom in the ratings monster Moon Embracing The Sun.

If anything, Siwan has been incredibly blessed with having the right doors opened to him with welcome arms. As a ZE:A member, Siwan never attracted much attention despite his very pretty visuals. Kwanghee and Dong-jun were always the standout ones amongst the nine boys, and it was only through acting that Siwan started to draw people’s eyes to himself. While most members are able to link their individual hype back to the group, somehow ZE:A has never managed to achieve the same. At least 4 members of the group have individual popularity that far outstrip the success of the group — only through acting was Siwan able to be one of the four.

Choosing to take on the role as young Heo Yeom eventually turned out to be a very smart move for Siwan. It didn’t require a significant amount of skill since his screentime was fairly limited, but the monstrous ratings (~30% range) of Moon ensured that his fleeting presence was seen by a majority of the masses. And of course, his pretty boy good looks immediately created a huge sensation, and that alone was enough to lock in his follow-up project in The Equator Man.

And while Siwan isn’t the best actor out there, he certainly held his own opposite Lee Hyun-woo, bringing a controlled undercurrent of tension in his second short stint on the small screen which set up the pace nicely for Uhm Tae-woong and Lee Joon-hyuk to take over. It was another ratings success, building up a following by word of mouth.

Demand for him didn’t stop there — that same year he continued on to be part of the ensemble cast in the family sitcom Standby, which unfortunately didn’t perform as well as his previous two projects. Fortunately, his big break came in 2013, where his film debut as student activitst Park Jin-woo in The Attorney was a huge hit. The gritty film — which was modeled after a real-life story — boasted of a well-written plot and fantastic performances from the cast, that it became the eighth best-selling Korean film of all time and second highest-grossing film of 2013. The role garnered Siwan praise and gave him the chance to finally be seen as an actor-actor, without the accompanying label of ‘idol’. He was also nominated for Best Newcomer award in many of the film awards, a testament to the quality of his acting skills.

His increase in popularity allowed him to return to the small screen in leading man status. Finally moving on from playing child/teenage roles, he was casted along with Kim Jae-joong and Lee Bum-soon as a trio of brothers in melodrama Triangle. Still looking for the career-defining role, he finally nabbed the leading role of Jang Geu-rae in Misaeng, which is perhaps one of the main turning points of his acting endeavours.

Misaeng is the latest cable hit; its ratings have been rising steadily each episode to hit ~7%, and it has won critical acclaim for its realistic storyline and the spot-on casting of Lee Sung-min and Siwan.

A unique feature of Siwan is his small stature and his seemingly fragile self. While some may see this as an obstacle to his ability to play leading men, this has actually aided Siwan tremendously in conveying the insecurity and low self-esteem of Geu-rae. It’s a perfect casting, and Siwan has certainly done his part in immersing himself in the role spectacularly. He practically is Geu-rae.

While Siwan might not have the typical tall and broad build that dramas like to cast as leading men, he has certainly lucked out in choosing unique characters that fit his looks and nature. He might not have the commanding presence or physical ability to star in an action thriller, but he certainly has the anxiety and lost feeling of a first-year office worker down to a pat. With meaty roles such as Jin-woo and Geu-rae that Siwan was able to portray convincingly due to his similarity and understanding of such characters, there certainly is a long way for him to go in the acting sphere. With more training and guidance, he certainly has a bright future in acting.

My favourite thing about Siwan is that he’s naturally not a manly guy with overflowing bravado. He’s willing to sacrifice his image and put down the importance of himself in favour of depicting the character more thoroughly — and he has done a bang-up job of it so far. He seems to be avoiding the frivolous roles that idol tend to land, showing a preference for heavier and weightier melodrama productions. It has certainly served him well thus far, as the audience are able to take his acting career more seriously.
Here’s hoping to success for Geu-rae… oops, I mean Siwan.sw_6.jpg

January 5, 2015

‘Misaeng’ star stays modest amid hype‘

I later realized that viewers could relate to Jang not because of my acting but because they were already Jang in their real lives.

BY PARK HYUN-TAEK, SUNG SO-YOUNG Inside Korea JoongAng Daily

04225437.jpg
“Misaeng” is the most profitable low-budget office drama without a star cast in nearly 20 years of cable history.
It sold out its advertising spots every episode and is expected to earn 3 billion won ($2.8 million) from video-on-demand sales alone. 
Almost all the actors and actresses in the drama, whether they played leading or supporting roles, received acclaim from viewers for their realistic portrayals of average Joes swayed by power struggles within a typical Korean company. 
But the biggest beneficiary of the series is singer-actor Yim Si-wan, who made his debut in 2010 as a member of K-pop boy group ZE:A. 
“I felt like I was an unnecessary stone in the game Go when I debuted as a member of ZE:A,” said Yim during a recent media event organized late last month at a restaurant located in Mapo District, central Seoul. 
Yim plays the main character, Jang Geu-rae. 
Jang spent his early years playing Go. He was once a promising elite player in the world of black-and-white stones, but he failed to sign with a professional team. Instead he found a temporary job working at a trading company. 
In a sea of highly qualified employees who can speak up to four different languages, the clueless high school graduate is often underappreciated no matter how well he performs at work. And his future is always uncertain. 
Critics say the drama’s success comes from the main character because viewers see themselves in him. 
The title of the drama, which means “incomplete state,” also comes from the game Go. In the drama, it refers to ordinary people in a jungle-like workplace. 
Because the press event was Yim’s first official appearance after the drama series, a throng of reporters flocked to the restaurant to hear what the actor had to say about his life-changing role. 
Due to the immense popularity of “Misaeng,” Yim has signed contracts to endorse 10 different products - from clothing and finances to beverages and cars.
Despite rave reviews of the main character, the 27-year-old singer said he was not content with his acting in the drama series. 
“I don’t think I’m accepted as an actor in this drama series,” said Yim. 
“Rather, I felt I used up all the things I had inside as I was shooting ... In the latter half of the drama, I felt like I reached my limit with acting.” 
Yim recalled the first time he received the screenplay for “Misaeng.” 
“I thought to myself ‘I could have fun shooting this drama,’ but later realized this was not something I could approach easily. Eventually, I knew I was ‘misaeng’ in terms of acting.” 
Yim stayed modest throughout the press event. 
“In the beginning of the drama series, I thought I was the perfect fit for Jang Geu-rae, but I realized I was wrong as the drama went on,” he said. 
“I later realized that viewers could relate to Jang not because of my acting but because they were already Jang in their real lives. I would say I’m about 80 percent similar to him.” 
Apart from its down-to-earth portrayal of office politics, the drama series also struck a chord with viewers because of how quotable it is. 
When asked to pick the most impressive line from Jang’s numerous quotes, Yim instead chose a line from supporting character Byun Seong-cheol: “I drink whenever I want, but you drink when others feel like drinking.”
The line is used when Oh Sang-sik, Jang’s boss in the trading company, entertains a client, Byun, by taking him to a room salon or a hostess bar. 
“Those lines reminded me of my father, who was always drunk back when I was young. And it made my heart empty. 
“I really hated the smell of alcohol on my father. The line made me think of him and I came to think ‘what happened to him?’ and ‘what made him drink alcohol?’” 
Yim has not decided what his next project will be. 
“I’ll just stay true to the things that fall into my lap. But I hope the new year will be the same as 2014. I know it won’t be easy, though.” 

February 11, 2015

Yim Si-wan to meet fans

BY SUNG SO-YOUNG INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

11052934.jpg

The next move for singer-actor Yim Si-wan, a member of boy group ZE:A, will be meeting his fans in Seoul and overseas. 

His agency Star Empire Entertainment said on Tuesday that Yim will meet fans in six Asian cities starting next month. 

The first fan meet is scheduled for March 7 in Tokyo followed by Shanghai on March 15, Seoul on March 21, Hong Kong on March 28, Guangzhou, China, on April 18 and Taipei on May 2. 

“He is currently practicing singing and dancing techniques day and night for the fan meet events,” an official from the agency said in a press release. 

Yim made his debut in 2010 as a member of ZE:A, but he was not the most popular member at first.

However, he began acting in 2012 and received rave reviews from critics and viewers. 

Yim soared to stardom last year in the cable TV drama series “Misaeng,” which is set in a typical midsize Korean company. 

Yim plays Jang Geu-rae, an average Joe who is struggling to survive in a trading company. 

As a result of the drama series, local news agencies reported that the singer-actor earned 2 billion won ($1.8 million) from 10 endorsement deals. 

February 15, 2015

[Photos] Si Wan recreates classic scenes

Source: Nate via Hancinema.net

photo564808.jpg

Singer and actor Si Wan recreated a scene from a movie.

Si Wan, who is busy with ads and fan meetings ever since the end of tvN drama "Incomplete Life", has been chosen to be the cover model of the fashion magazine The Celebrity March issue.

This is his first cover so he made sure to do all his best throughout the shoot and he even checked his clothes and outfits carefully before putting them on.

Si Wan played Jang Gue Rae in the drama "Incomplete Life". The photo shoot with The Celebrity was under the concept that he was alone in a recording studio and recreated scenes from movies which seemed impressive to him.

He'd mentioned before that he wished he could see the Iron Man for real once in his life and imitated a mirror scene where Tony Stark realizes that he is a superhero.

Si Wan also played two roles by himself to express a scene from the movie, "Memories of Murder". He also imitated a scene from the movie, "A Man's Romance".

Meanwhile, Si Wan is currently looking through offers of dramas and movies. Pictures of him and the following interview can be seen in the March issue of The Celebrity.

photo564805.jpg
photo564806.jpg
photo564807.jpg

February 22, 2015

Yim Si-wan considers cross-dressing film role

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150222

Singer and actor Yim Si-wan is in considering a role as a cross-dresser in the upcoming film tentatively titled “Chaehongsa,” media reported. 

Industry sources said Lim, 26, is considering the role offered by the film’s producers.

Kim Mi-jung, whose previous stints include the movies “Shadows in the Palace” and “The Concubine,” is to helm “Chaehongsa,” a story about a man whose wife is taken by the king of the Joseon Dynasty. 

The plot involves the central character’s attempt to break into the royal palace by disguising himself as a woman. 

The production company reportedly had its eye on Yim as the candidate for the title role of the film even before “Misaeng,” a drama in which he played the lead role, was aired on cable and became one of the biggest hit dramas in recent years.

By Hong Hye-jin (honghyejin@heraldcorp.com)

February 23, 2015

ZE:A’s Im Si Wan to Invite 3,000 Fans to First Solo Fan Meeting in Korea 

CJ E&M enewsWorld Jeon Su Mi  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Launching the fan meeting tour Hello in six Asian countries, ZE:A Im Si Wan’s Seoul fan meeting began ticket sales through Interpark.

The Asia tour fan meeting Hello will launch on March 21 at Olympic Park’s Olympic Hall at 6 p.m. (KST), inviting 3,000 fans to Im Si Wan’s first solo fan meeting in Korea.

According to Star Empire, Im Si Wan came to work even during the Lunar New Year holidays to participate in the event planning and production conference.

A rep from Star Empire stated, “As much as it is his first exclusive concert launching in Seoul, Im Si Wan wants to show his various sides to the fans. The company and Im Si Wan have been working hard in order to present stages featuring his various charms, as a member of ZE:A, an actor showing a rapid growth through The Attorney, Misaeng and more and an ordinary young man in his 20’s. You can look forward to it.”

Meanwhile, Im Si Wan will be meeting with his fans around Asia through the fan meeting in Seoul on March 21, Tokyo on March 7, Shanghai on March 15, Hong Kong on March 28, Guangzhou on April 18 and Taiwan on May 2.

Photo credit: Star Empire 12weye42jae3q5j0305mb44g5ht7hto8.jpg

February 27, 2015

Lim Si Wan Adds Another Fan Meeting Event On March 22

Source: BNTNews

[by Woorim Ahn] Lim Si Wan will add another show of ‘LIM SI WAN 2015 ASIA TOUR FAN MEETING ‘HELLO’ in SEOUL’. 

His agency Star Empire revealed that it decided to add another show for Lim Si Wan’s first solo fan meeting. Due to his tremendous popularity, the fan meeting tickets were all sold out and his fans kept asking for another show. As a repay of the fans’ love, Lim Si Wan decided to add one more without hesitation. 

Thus, Lim Si Wan will hold another event on March 22 at 5pm and the tickets will be released online ticket website from March 3 at 2pm. 

Meanwhile, Lim Si Wan received lots of love from his movie ‘The Attorney’ and drama ‘Misaeng’ and is preparing for his fan meeting. (photo by Star Empire)

February 24, 2015

Lim Si Wan Pours Everything Out For His Asia Tour

Source: BNTNews

qolfg7254fu1cnitcdqk1xwx6x2gq7a8.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn] Lim Si Wan left a photo on his Weibo.

He uploaded a picture on his SNS and said, “I’m getting ready for the fan meeting. Since I’m putting everything into it, please expect much!”

In the photo, Lim Si Wan is looking at lyrics in a recording room. Although he is wearing a cap, his well-defined features were highlighted. 

His agency Star Empire said, “Even during the national holiday, he came to the office and kept practicing for his Asia tour. He passionately planned for several events. Particularly, there will be lots of special events at his fan meeting in Korea, so it will be good for the fans to expect.”

Currently, the tickets of Lim Si Wan’s fan meeting in Korea were all sold-out in 15 minutes as its open. 

Meanwhile, Lim Si Wan will start his Asia tour in Tokyo, Japan on March 7, and then he will move to Shanghai on March 15, Seoul on March 21, Hong Kong on March 28, and Guangzhou on April 18, and wrap it up in Taiwan on May 2. (photo by Lim Si Wan Weibo)

For Your Viewing Pleasure: After Dark

20150302_seoulbeats_zea_siwan

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take the time out of the week to share some of the most recent fashion-forward photos tied to the K-pop landscape.

The dark has a funny way of distorting images, whether by casting shadows, distorting bright light, or amping up contrast through flash in photographs. For the idols, actors, and models who stay up all night, the world takes on a darker dimension; do they become nightmares or nice dreams?

Siwan (ZE:A) | W Korea (above and below)

20150302_seoulbeats_zea_siwan 3

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : seoulbeats

itemprop="name" class="entry-title"Siwan and Jung Eun Ji show off their campus couple look for M-Limited

0 20 Eun Ji, Siwan Siwan, Eun Ji Siwan, Eun Ji Siwan Siwan Siwan, Eun Ji Siwan, Eun Ji

ZE:A’s Im Siwan and A pink’s Jung Eun Ki recently released their new CF photos for casual clothing brand M-Limited, where they transformed into a campus couple.

The two were working together for the second time after their winter pictorial for the same brand last year, and they showed off great chemistry this time round, and displayed their unbridled youthful charms.

Siwan and Eun Ji’s gentle and innocent smiles respectively will definitely captivate fans with ease.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Published on September 24, 2014 by CosmopolitanKorea

Source: daum
20140925135209599.jpeg
20140925135209793.jpeg
20140925135210160.jpeg
September 23, 2014

“Misaeng” Cast Comes out in Fall Office Fashion For “Cosmopolitan”
Source: Soompi
The new tvN series “Misaeng” races towards its mid-October premiere by featuring its main cast members in a photo shoot with “Cosmopolitan.” As the drama is set in the office, lead actors Im Si Wan, Kang So Ra, Kang Ha Neul and Lee Sung Min model fashionable office wear suitable to the fall season in their pictorial.
In addition, the styling was based heavily on the roles that each plays in the series. Im Si Wan is Jang Geu Rae, formerly a baduk player who becomes an intern in a trading company. Kang So Ra plays his fellow intern while Kang Ha Neul is his co-worker. Lee Sung Min takes on the character of their boss.
Lee Sung Min was also interviewed in connection with their shoot and have spoken about the drama and filming. He said, “We wanted to capture the correct feeling of the everyday salaryman.”
“Misaeng” depicts the everyday life of an ordinary corporate worker and is based on the web cartoon of the same name. More of the cast may be seen in the October edition of “Cosmopolitan,” and the web edition containing some more interviews with Lee Sung Min.

March 10, 2015

Lim Si Wan Successfully Finishes His Japan Fan Meeting

Source: BNTNews

bnfjhdhim1754xnyo0d2c4pg8e8vx0wy.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn] Lim Si Wan successfully finished his fan meeting in Japan.

Lim Si Wan met about 1,000 fans and spent a special time with them at the IA Theater in Tokyo, Japan on March 7. 

During the event, he watched the highlight videos of his dramas and talked about some episodes. He also showed impromptu acting with a teddy bear and made the audience laugh. In addition, he listened to the fans’ worries and performed EXO’s ‘Growl’ and Taeyang’s ‘Only Look At Me’.

Meanwhile, Lim Si Wan will continue his Asia tour until May. (photo by Star Empire)

March 10, 2015

Lim Si Wan successfully finishes his solo fan meeting in Tokyo

Source: STARN News

Lim Si Wan made another special memory with his Japanese fans.

On March 7th, actor Lim Si Wan's solo fan meeting was held in Tokyo, Japan and he met up with approximately one thousand local fans.

During the fan meeting, Lim Si Wan watched highlights of his previous dramas, and talked about behind stories of the dramas, and he also entertained Japanese fans with his humorous character.

Lim Si Wan, who is also well known for particular affection for his fans, listened to difficulties that his fans are going through recently, and gave them advices. Afterwards, he performed EXO's 'GROWL' and Tae Yang's 'Look At Me Only.'

Meanwhile, Lim Si Wan played in drama 'Mi Sang' last year, and he is taking a break at the moment.

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

March 10, 2015

Lim Si Wan successfully finishes his solo fan meeting in Tokyo

Source: STARN News

Lim Si Wan made another special memory with his Japanese fans.

On March 7th, actor Lim Si Wan's solo fan meeting was held in Tokyo, Japan and he met up with approximately one thousand local fans.

During the fan meeting, Lim Si Wan watched highlights of his previous dramas, and talked about behind stories of the dramas, and he also entertained Japanese fans with his humorous character.

Lim Si Wan, who is also well known for particular affection for his fans, listened to difficulties that his fans are going through recently, and gave them advices. Afterwards, he performed EXO's 'GROWL' and Tae Yang's 'Look At Me Only.'

Meanwhile, Lim Si Wan played in drama 'Mi Sang' last year, and he is taking a break at the moment.

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

*** Thanks rubie for sharing this. I hope he'll do another drama soon. Looking forward to his next performance in Shanghai on March 15.  :)>-

Im Siwan gathers 1,000 fans for Tokyo fan meetings

57950-307306-700x607.jpg

ZE:A’s Im Siwan recently held two fan meetings in Tokyo, Japan, which was attended by over 1,000 fans.

During the fan meeting, Im Siwan revealed BTS footage of works he had

been in, and also related interesting stories during filming. In

addition, he even acted out a scene with a teddy bear.

Besides listening to fans’ problems, Siwan also performed EXO’s

‘Growl’ and Taeyang’s ‘Only Look At Me,’ and demonstrated his multiple

talents.

By: Alvin

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

March 13, 2015

'Cable TV Awards' 'Incomplete Life' and producer Na Young-seok sweep awards

Source: TV Report via Hancinema

20150313_1426240526_14575700_1.jpg
CJ E&M channel was crowned winner of 5 awards at Cable TV Awards, which suits their stance as a leader among cable broadcasting companies.

Cable TV Awards was held at Dongdaemoon Design Plaza in the afternoon on March 13th.

"Incomplete Life" was the winner of Grand Award on this day. As Si Wan and Kang Ha-neul were awarded for 'Star Award – Actor' category, the drama took three awards home.

Producer Kim Won-seok of "Incomplete Life" said, ""Incomplete Life" was like a dream for me. It's a drama I've been dreaming about for a long time. It was not easy to wake up from the dream. The script made us cry and laugh just by reading it. The script always came out in front of us before the filming started each time. The already established actors tried even harder to prepare in advance with the script. No actors disappointed me on the set. They always touched my heart".

He also said "I will make dramas that can come closer to viewers and appeal more". Producer Kim Won-seok celebrated their achievement along with Si Wan and Kang Ha-neul.

Producer Na Young-seok's acceptance speech was also impressive. He was awarded 'Special Award' and 'Project Award'. Producer Na Young-seok said, "I'm truly grateful. I could achieve the result thanks to the base our senior fellow workers have been built up for the last 20 years (in cable TV industry). I'd like to thank our senior fellow workers who have worked hard".

The award ceremony was prepared to celebrate the 20th anniversary since the formation of cable TV industry. Awards were presented for the categories including Producers, Writers, Planned Report, Announcer & Reporters, Professional MC, Project Award, and Star Award.

Winners

▲ Actors : Si Wan, Kang Ha-neul, Sim Hyeong-tak

▲ Singers : Si Wan, Ivy, Jei (Fiestar), Han Seung-yeon (Kara), Jiyeon (T-ara), Yura (Girl's Day), EXID, Hong Jin-young, Ailee리, Bangtan Boys (BTS)

▲ Producers : Na Young-seok, Kim Won-seok

▲ Comedians : Ahn Yeong-mi, Jeong Joon-ha

▲ Broadcasters : Park Ji-yoon-II, Choi Hee

▲ Announcers : Jeon Hyeon-moo, Yoon Tae-jin, Kim Se-hui, Kim Sun-sin

▲ Grand Award : Incomplete Life (Dicrector Kim Won-seok, CJ E&M)

December 16, 2014 
“Misaeng” Im Si Wan Saves Kim Dae Myung From Celebrating Birthday Alone
Source: Soompi
Im-Si-Wan-Celebrates-Bosss-Bday-e1418795

Im Si Wan celebrated his “Misaeng” boss Kim Dae Myung’s  birthday.

On December 16, Im Si Wan tweeted, “It must be this man’s birthday. Gosh.. I couldn’t just pass by the sad sight of him celebrating alone. I hope everyone else supports him too,” along with a picture of Kim Dae Myung in front of a cake, alone with a hat on his head while clapping. The sight of him, the view partially blocked by the wall while he had a sad smile on his face, brought both laughter and compassion towards the birthday boy.

Afterwards, Kim Dae Myung posted on his Instagram, “I was quietly celebrating myself when Jan Geu Rae and Chief Oh came for a picture… They asked me to take their picture and left. Still, Sales Team 3 always has my back. A special night with Sales Team 3. I’m still a misaeng (incomplete life which can also mean infinite potential).”

Im Si Wan and Lee Sung Min are smiling widely and waving their hands in front of a birthday cake in the picture Kim Dae Myung posted along with his caption in Instagram.
htm_20141216221810151_99_20141216222003.
Meanwhile, “Misaeng” is the story of Jang Geu Rae, a baduk genius who fails in becoming a professional player, and he gets thrown into the real world. It has been gaining popularity among workers by realistically depicting office life.