Event: Dramas that resulted in K-Traumas

Sleepy Owl

Dramas that resulted in K-Traumas  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Kdrama gave you K-Trauma? (Choose as many as you want)

• Vagabond
    • Mouse
    • Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol
    • Heartbeat
    • Duty After School
    • Snowdrop
    • Memories of Alhambra
    • Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)
    • Penthouse
    • Adamas
    • The Third Charm
    • Gu Family Book
    • A Korean Odyssey
    • The Last Empress
    • Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
    • Twenty Five, Twenty One
    • Uncontrollably Fond
    • Squid Game
    • Remember: War of the Son
    • None of the Above/Something else (Please Mention)
  2. 2. Which Kdrama gave you K-Trauma? (Choose as many as you want)

3. 3. Which Kdrama gave you K-Trauma? (Choose as many as you want)

• Something Happened in Bali
    • Sisyphus: The Myth
    • Jirisan
    • Blind
    • Children of Nobody
    • The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
    • Hi Bye, Mama
    • My Mister
    • D.P.
    • A Promise with Gods
    • Death's Game
    • It's Okay to Not Be Okay
    • Extracurricular
    • A Stairway to Heaven
    • Pyramid Game
    • Worst of Evil
    • None of the Above/Something else (Please Mention)
    • Alice

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2024 at 02:00 PM

Event: Dramas that resulted in K-Traumas

Chingus, today's event is all about the traumas that Kdramas have given you. There could be dramas whose plotline was so bad that it traumatized you, maybe they killed your most favorite character/lead, or maybe the storyline was just too heavy or maybe even too graphically violent making the drama memorable for you, but for those reasons as well. You may have loved the drama, and also highly rate it, but still be traumatized by some elements of it. 

3012c95f6c9f8f95c772ef76e913c8de.gif

Here we have compiled a list of Kdramas which we believe would have resulted in K-Traumas for the viewers:

1. Vagabond

Spoiler

qboZPc.jpg?v=1

2. Mouse

Spoiler

XNeKO_4c.jpg?v=1

3. Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol

Spoiler

del50_4c.jpg?v=1

4. Heartbeat

Spoiler

1wd2zb_4c.jpg?v=1

5. Duty After School

Spoiler

QJJ4PW_4c.jpg?v=1

6. Snowdrop

Spoiler

RKBWE_4c.jpg?v=1

7. Memories of Alhambra

Spoiler

bwZ6wc.jpg?v=1

8. Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)

Spoiler

WP3xKp_4c.jpg?v=1

9. Penthouse

Spoiler

Penthouse-Korean_Drama-P1.jpg

10. Adamas

Spoiler

ZlzzJ_4c.jpg?v=1

11. The Third Charm

Spoiler

X80Eqc.jpg?v=1

12. Gu Family Book

Spoiler

doREzc.jpg?v=1

13. A Korean Odyssey

Spoiler

OrP1dc.jpg?v=1

14. The Last Empress

Spoiler

vOOjgc.jpg?v=1

15. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

Spoiler

jWJxbc.jpg?v=1

16. Twenty Five, Twenty One

Spoiler

ROOPo_4c.jpg?v=1

17. Uncontrollably Fond

Spoiler

1oRBdc.jpg?v=1

18. Squid Game

Spoiler

X6vkX_4c.jpg?v=1

19. Remember: War of the Son

Spoiler

JERJlc.jpg?v=1

20. Mother

Spoiler

dRPqdc.jpg?v=1

21. Save Me

Spoiler

jW1jdc.jpg?v=1

22. Manhole

Spoiler

7nKBDc.jpg?v=1

23. Secret

Spoiler

o7D8kc.jpg?v=1

24. Strangers from Hell

Spoiler

4p2vdc.jpg?v=1

25. My Happy Ending

Spoiler

0wpD0r_4c.jpg?v=1

26. V.I.P

Spoiler

E21Jbc.jpg?v=1

27. 49 Days

Spoiler

96Y2ac.jpg?v=1

28. The King: Eternal Monarch

Spoiler

eoD8Wc.jpg?v=1

29. Flower of Evil

Spoiler

WAEAp_4c.jpg?v=1

30. The Guest

Spoiler

Wb2pWc.jpg?v=1

31. Happiness

Spoiler

BWXjV_4c.jpg?v=1

32. Misty

Spoiler

q2WrDc.jpg?v=1

33. Mr. Queen

Spoiler

qPA42_4c.jpg?v=1

34. My Name

Spoiler

jD3br_4c.jpg?v=1

35. Oh My Geum Bi

Spoiler

XZ1Enc.jpg?v=1

36. Rugal

Spoiler

eYEPPE_4c.jpg?v=1

37. Reborn Rich

Spoiler

Rqp66_4c.jpg?v=1

38. Move to Heaven

Spoiler

Rle36_4c.jpg?v=1

39. Something Happened in Bali

Spoiler

wLAdJ_4c.jpg?v=1

40. Sisyphus: The Myth

Spoiler

Bym1q_4c.jpg?v=1

41. Jirisan

Spoiler

EwpK7_4c.jpg?v=1

42. Blind

Spoiler

x3qE0_4c.jpg?v=1

43. Children of Nobody

Spoiler

2OW0dc.jpg?v=1

44. The Smile Has Left Your Eyes

Spoiler

rYPryc.jpg?v=1

45. Hi Bye, Mama

Spoiler

43y1Jc.jpg?v=1

46. My Mister

Spoiler

2lb8k_4c.jpg?v=1

47. D.P.

Spoiler

XkYln_4c.jpg?v=1

48. A Promise with Gods

Spoiler

Xee1wc.jpg?v=1

49. Death's Game

Spoiler

QJKVK7_4c.jpg?v=1

50. It's Okay to Not Be Okay

Spoiler

xw3xX_4c.jpg?v=1

51. Extracurricular

Spoiler

27Ry2c.jpg?v=1

52. A Stairway to Heaven

Spoiler

Lw8pBc.jpg?v=1

53. Pyramid Game

Spoiler

QJ7qQv_4c.jpg?v=1

54. Worst of Evil

Spoiler

BdpXkz_4c.jpg?v=1

55. Alice, nominated by @LeftCoastOppa Chingu

Spoiler

RXo6E_4c.jpg?v=1

You didn't find the kdrama that gave you K-Trauma? Don't worry... 

Suggest them and they can be included. Please do so before voting (as you will not be able to vote twice).  :eats:

Chingus, don't forget to tell us which dramas you voted for and tell us how they gave you K-Trauma! :piggydance:

Happy Voting!!!

Smart-Son-Ye-jin.jpg

Please feel free to get in touch with us with your suggestions for events, polls and quick polls. We are always delighted to hear from you. :fullofhearts:  

Thank you to @4evrkdrama Chingu for the event idea :biubiu:

Your Friendly Neighborhood and Resident EOs

@Sleepy Owl @partyon @agenth @confusedheart

Tagging:

Spoiler

MayanEcho  @joccu  @Thong Thin  @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @superspace  @000231846597  @Wuzetian  @4evrkdrama  @Min2206  @gm4queen  @sadthe1st  @Learry  @larus  @SilverDawn  @singlebilingual  @pompyavi 

@SuZy Leoo  @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  @willenette  @rocher22  @africandramalover  @Pyar  @rogue  @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @RollyPenny  @Megan  @kdramagrandma  @msdot  @CallieP  @syntyche  @Nikaa  @JoannaID  @scrawford  @madmad min  @CarolynH

@tas82  @Gisell Gisell  @Jeannie  @Sakurafairy  @gtLmh0622  @Jiyuu  @kittyna 

@UnniSarah  @booha  @YongZura⁷  @maribella  @pauliza  @valinor500  @flutterby06  @kembie  @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @nrllee  @ktcjdrama  @Biology Lesson

@azureblue7  @Prettysup  @Ayame  @yoeda  @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @morningdew 

@hola2jin  @airgelaal  @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly  @usadango 

@pad-hari  @Naty828  @tofumochu  @Yinye  @Firefly  @SophieH 

@asiaren  @blackberrypie  @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh  @brooksmom  @LeftCoastOppa

@frozentundra  @rogue  @ibru  @itsmeash  @rocat  @Tamakins  @Hannahmiriam  @Rumaizah Muhammed 

@liyahsbutterfly @SC2019  @ferily  @serenilmauve  @Lmangla 

@Lu099  @andy78  @TheQueenReturns  @lilian c  @-jadecloud-  @D27Gjk68  @Sunset  @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae  @chickfactor  @DrBooger  @tiMadam  @hsmz 

@tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321  @Dhakra  @sweetroad  @hyall  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @angela0612  @Kate Llama 

@kimlees  @lduc  @anyeze  @jadore1  @haruhi17  @lila21  @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo 

@TheaN  @wywp  @balletgoddess  @Lusianaaolivary  @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@leo2020  @knkg @Kathy  @Kari Sama  @irilight  @illay  @Haeun  @Fata Morgana  @DreamCatcher2011  @cherry47  @bunnycotton143  @aprilfive  @anzomi  @Annykey  @an-naum  @ammu82  @AkiChan  @0ly40  @-Love Blossom-   

@CupcakeEonni  @Auntie Mame  @Yazusa    @cikqueen   

@SleepyKitty  @marrez1  @suga02pearl    @fieza1871  @Tuiwgn  @lilyphenix  @omiki  

@breakmyheart  @Rollito Deprimavera  @Pinkypoo  @ilovenico @Jcanqueen12 @Newbie21SG @Helena  @caterpillar59

@whome  @u8017  @vintage  @Table122000  @sugarcream  @roli  @Rabbit_Small  @pocca  @Nermeen نرمين   @Man-O-Man  

@mirimiri  @byeolie  @Angelfish  @Lindyloo421  @yamiyugi @Latte_Anyday @Tango27 @jayakris 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

I only trauma with love ft marriage and divorce kdrama. huekkk :weary: oh and that one world of marriage couple. 

I want to shout out to the producers "give back my precious times that I spent to watch that t****sh :isannoyed:

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

Section 1 -

- Vagabond. 

There's a reason this drama is first on the list - You don't make an awesome drama, ending where it started, and NOT have a second season in the can ready to go. 

That said, give us a second season, and a conclusion, and all is forgiven. ( and more Lily ) :glasses:

giphy.gif

Section 2 - None of the Above/Something else

- Crash Landing on You

While I absolutely love this drama, its bittersweet.  By the end, I was more invested in the second leads love story than the mains.   Gu Seung Jun should not have died - these two deserved their happy ending as well.

ddtniio-a8a6470e-dc52-4c60-9989-74f64401

Section 3 - None of the Above/Something else

Alice - The drama that shall not be named ( but can be in polls like this )

13 episodes of pure time travel/mystery/suspense awesomeness and then ... That Ending???!!!

7affa463b23f4d4abec73ea89008ec31.jpeg?s=

... and as if that atrocious ending wasn't bad enough, Jin-Gyeom completely forgot Do Yeon.   You don't just forget Do-Yeon!

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

@LeftCoastOppa Chingu, how could I forget about Alice :evilelmo:

I just now added it to the poll :piggydance:

56 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd probably say Squid Game? I haven't seen yet, but friends of mine who watched were in a tizzy over that carving thing or the music played to wake them up. Thanks for tagging @Sleepy Owl!

Well, that drama was surely pretty graphic when it came to violence and killing characters :smort:

2 hours ago, WeunXK said:

Kdrama that gave me K-trauma was Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo 

Surely it left almost all the viewers like that, especially after it was revealed that there supposed to be an extra scene at the end which they decided not to include :cries:

2 hours ago, Gumiho said:

I only trauma with love ft marriage and divorce kdrama. huekkk :weary: oh and that one world of marriage couple. 

I want to shout out to the producers "give back my precious times that I spent to watch that t****sh 

Surely I would also want my hours back for that drama :evilelmo:

Luckily I didn't watch its 3rd season :twerk2:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

Thanks, @Sleepy Owl for the event!  At first I said I could not vote because I did not have any traumas watching kdramas.

But let me think about some reasons for my vote.

49 days

I liked the drama even if the ending made me sad. I even cried after the female lead died after having hope she will have a happy ending. It was one of my first years of watching kdramas where I was more emotional invested in the stories. Now I hardly cry or share a tear.

Penthouse

I vote for this drama because I forced myself to watch such nonsense for 4 episodes just because of my favorite actress was in the cast. The only consolation was that she was successful. I just hope they won`t give her another offer for a crazy makjang drama. As a person who look for a logic explanation in every story, crazy makjang dramas are a nightmare. 🤢

I did not vote for The Last Empress because even if I dropped the drama after 6 episodes, I did not have hard feeling about it. I did not care at all about it. I even forgot what it was about. .

None of the above

Maybe I could have voted Voice (first season) and Defendant because their it had serial killers who left a strong impression. And Ten series because they did not produce the 3rd season and left the main story unresolved.

:thumbsdown: for the producers who make seasonal dramas and not finish it properly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, larus said:

49 days

I liked the drama even if the ending made me sad. I even cried after the female lead died after having hope she will have a happy ending. It was one of my first years of watching kdramas where I was more emotional invested in the stories. Now I hardly cry or share a tear.

This drama's ending really did sort of haunt me for sometime if I am being honest. It was just so sad to see the FL die after doing everything to survive and kind of meeting the conditions to be saved. 

Years later when I was finally over this drama's ending, I ended up watching an anime called "Your Lie in April", and now my trauma has doubled up because of it. Watched that anime years ago, but just like 49 Days, I do think about that anime's ending from time to time and feel sad :cries:

10 minutes ago, larus said:

Maybe I could have voted Voice (first season) and Defendant because their it had serial killers who left a strong impression. And Ten series because they did not produce the 3rd season and left the main story unresolved.

:thumbsdown: for the producers who make seasonal dramas and not finish it properly.

Ohhh. I totally forgot about Voice, it surely had one of the most violent and ruthless serial killers out there. Do you want me to add any of these dramas to the poll? I can add one of them :exercice:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 3

Stairway to Heaven and Something Happen Bali should not be included. Those shows were in a time of the competition ‘ How miserable can this show be?’. Think Autumn Tales. Damo. The acting was excellent but all had terrible endings. Then those which barely made it Winter Sonata, Phoenix, All In.  

Give me Hometown Cha Cha Cha. No traumas.

I had watched VIP because of Jang Nara. That was a dud for her.  I fell asleep many times. No trauma. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1

30 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Do you want me to add any of these dramas to the poll? I can add one of them 

No need. People could vote for `something else`. I bet there are other dramas that had an impact for many people.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 3

Darn I forgot to vote for Uncontrollably Fond. Surprisingly I have not watched a lot of the dramas mentioned over here. Most that I have watched I didn't really have any major issues with them. The Ones that I did are surprisingly not on this list. So I am going to start of with them over here and why.

The first one is

A Tale Of Two Sisters.

this writer automatically became the first writer that I banned. They probably decided to do something different from the standard K-Drama Tropes I guess. Perhaps that is why I failed them. Clearly they don't know that the main leads should end up together and have their happily ever after. So over here the male lead ends up single (especially because the second female lead ends up passing away near the end.) Just when she got herself redeemed. The female lead ends up marrying the Second Male lead and well you can see my issue with the Main Lead. so yes not a show I would recommend to anyone.

The Second One surprisingly aired after this show.  It is

Melody Of Love

The show was going okay I guess until it decided to get an extension. After that things were introduced which if you come to realize just didn't match with what we had been previously shown. Consistency should be very important and this just failed over here. I can forgive a few mishaps here and there but when you have a lot of them going on. Sorry but then it is time to move on. For instance it is revealed that the female leads family was conned by a person. It isn't until much later on that it is revealed that the person happens to be the male leads uncle and the judge that favored the decision for the uncle happened to be the main leads father. Nothing strange at first until you realize that the female leads father met the main leads father way back because he happened to be friends with the second male leads father. (the whole everyone is connected trope). At that time neither of them realized who the other one was. Do you honestly expect us to believe that you have forgotten the face of the judge that caused you such injustice but remember the face of the con artist. Sorry but things don't add up over here. There were other issues as well but this isn't the place to bring them up.

The Third and Final one (though this gave me more issues than the second one) but it did come after the second one. anyway it is

Save The Family

Pretty much the same issue with the first one. I really started to dislike the main lead in this show. Boy was he so flip floppy over here. First he is with the second female lead then decides to break up with her. Which I am going to agree was partially her fault. He starts to find happiness with the female lead until something happens and he breaks up with her. Not an issue until he decides to get back with the second female lead. Ouch. Oh and he knows that it is a bad idea so he needs to get drunk to propose to her since he probably wouldn't do it when he was sober or needed liquid courage. Not sure who would accept such a proposal but the Second Female Lead loves it and accepts it right of the bat. Then we have the entire Soy Sauce Drama later on which is developed by the female leads family and is stolen by the Second Female Lead and the end resolution to it. So yes this is another drama that I would probably tell people to avoid.

Now as for some of the dramas that were mentioned.

Vagabond.

While I won't lie it was certainly interesting with a few good lines even. It had a major issue. A good story had a beginning, a middle and an ending. Problem here was that the ending and the beginning were the same. Now I get that we have a story that ends full circle and if done properly this won't be an issue. Sadly over here we still have a lot of questions remaining. A simple solution over here would be to either give us a movie special which ties up the lose ends or give us a second season that resolves these issues properly. Also don't give us totally brand new characters without handling the old stories. Yes I am looking at Season 2 of Iris and Dream High. things don't match up and those that we still have questions in regards to some of the characters that were previously introduced. Perhaps they might have been aiming for a season 3 I don't know.

Uncontrollably Fond

Was okay I. Again I just didn't like the sad ending. Though it was still probably better than the drama Big which wasn't on this list.

Gu Family Book

I Predicted who was going to die with 100% accuracy for a change and when I revealed who it was (mind you before watching said episode) I was accused of spoiling the show for others. I should have probably better explained my reasoning but I won't complain being kicked out from that site. :) The ending was decent and if they ever want to revisit that world they have left a nice opening for it. Again I just hope that they don't ruin the other season.

Manhole and 49 Days

I feel that both of these stories were neatly wrapped up. but then again it was ages since I watched them that I may have been mistaken. Sure the female lead had to pass away but I still felt like she made enough of a difference between the people she left behind and the twist of whose body she was inhabiting. I did like Grim Reaper Granny in that show. Riding a Motorcycle. Now that is a Grim Reaper that knows how to have fun.

King The Eternal Monarch

Overall was okay I guess. I love the concept of parallel dimensions and all. The ending was decent. Perhaps they could one day make a special of the worlds the main leads decide to travel and visit. also how they interact with their doppelgangers for extra fun. mostly the female lead. Can we please have a team up with them.

Rugal

Now I wouldn't say that I was traumatized by the ending over here. But I would again love to see a second season for this show. Frankly it can be a never ending show as they can always try and bring in new and interesting villains of the week over here. Perhaps bring in a rival agency who uses similar agents and have them clash with the main characters. perhaps even get a cameo of Lee Majors. So much potential. but overall my verdict over here is that the main case was wrapped up perfectly from what I recall. The main lead was learning to get better control over his eyes and the AI in them. The banter was nice and he was going after small time crooks (I say small time compared the big bad that they were after in the show). But it would still have been nice to see a reunion of the team at some point.

anyway this covers my post. but yes the top 3 dramas that I mentioned certainly gave me issues with K-Dramas. Even after considering K-Drama Logic and all. Have any of you seen those dramas and what are your thoughts regarding them.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 4

I forgot to mention the little known show Lawyer, shown a long time ago, but after the trend of miserable storylines. The main actors were active in other shows but not really Gong Yu level, I think. The SML was the SML in Full House.  It was so long ago, so the spoiler, he was killed!! That really upset me.

The actor was a model before becoming an actor, so he was better looking than the ML. The ML was a married man who at first was looking out for the FL, his secretary whose family fell on hard times. Men with young helpless females are like a match and gasoline.  You can fill in the rest.

• Wiggle 4

My Mister - the best kind of trauma!:wub:

The Smile Has Left Your Eyes - I wanted the Japanese ending though :cry:

Something Happened in Bali - that Ending!! I watched it again a few months back and it's just as shocking 20 years later!

The Third Charm - that twist of misery in the last third was rough, but ESom was so good in her role!! Love her!

Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) - I love this drama! All 4 seasons!!( Fourth season is Mrs Durian ...lol)

The first KDrama that traumatized me was Bad Couple .... I had just started watching dramas and then this drama brought in a terminal illness out of nowhere! The story went to hell and I was left wondering what was going on! :flushed::joy:

https://asianwiki.com/Bad_Couple

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 4

Let me tell you a little story....

Once upon a time there was an EO who had a very special Ultimate Korean Oppa.

Ultimate Korean Oppa got cast as the Male Lead in a makjang drama writer's 50 episode drama with other big names in the cast.

Oppa played a handsome muscular bodyguard - who had transformed from an overweight much shorter and less handsome regular dude. (It's amazing what a diet and a haircut can do, peeps 😒).

The EO anticipated that her Ultimate Korean Oppa would get a happy ending with the beautiful female lead.

But the network decided to extend the drama with 2 episodes, and because Ultimate Korean Oppa was already booked for another gig, he couldn't appear in the last 2 episodes.

So the writer killed Ultimate Korean Oppa off in ep 49.

At first the EO was like:

Alison Brie What GIF

Then like:

Meme GIF by The BarkPost

Then like:

Are You Kidding Me Alyssa Edwards GIF by NETFLIX

Then like:

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

And then:

Arbeit Kein Problem GIF by saschamoellersde

The End.

(The drama was The Last Empress if anyone was wondering). :onfirex:

• LOL 6
  • Insightful 1

I forgot to mention a lesser-known show called "Lawyer," which aired quite a while back, following a period of trending miserable storylines. While the main actors were active in other shows, they didn't quite reach the level of fame of Gong Yu, in my opinion. The supporting male lead (SML) was the same as in "Full House." It's been so long that the spoiler doesn't matter now, but he was killed in the show, which really upset me.

The actor had a modeling background before transitioning to acting, making him more conventionally attractive than the male lead. The male lead was a married man who initially looked out for the female lead, his secretary, when her family faced tough times. Relationships between older men and vulnerable young women are often like a volatile mix of match and gasoline. You can fill in the rest.

Heartbeat - Started off great. Sweet, funny, so much good. Then the last bit... did the original writers switch with trauma writers? The last few eps or so did not feel like they melded well with what the first part of the show and the promotions for the series were showing.

An add on option - Oh My Ladylord - To this day, this is by far the worst of the worst, imo. I will never not immediately get heated when I see the title of this drama. It was previewed as a comedy, fantasy, romance... melodrama was literally officially not added as a genre until a reasonable way into the series, if I remember correctly. It was one of the worst bait and switches I have ever experienced in all the tv I watch; Western, Spanish, Australian, British, etc. NaNa, MinKi, and their chemistry deserved so much better than this waste of a series. I'm not the only one who thinks this either. There is a reason why it has a 6.7/10 rating on MDL. Compare that to say Lie To Me, which is 7.5/10 because most people thought it was extremely boring. Until OML came along, LTM was the drama I'd always see/read about only being worth it for the leads. OML came along and said, "LOL. Hold my Soju." Not even the leads could save OML. That says a lot. 

I would honestly only recommend this series to someone if they are the type of person who loves the idea of having their heart ripped out of their chest, frozen, and then dropped from the Eiffel Tower, so it'll break into thousands of tiny pieces. Then those thousands of pieces are swept up, a few years are taken to piece it back together and then it's thrown off the Space Needle... and then the process continues over and over with whatever other tall buildings you can think of.

• Wiggle 3

22 hours ago, maribella said:

Stairway to Heaven and Something Happen Bali should not be included. Those shows were in a time of the competition ‘ How miserable can this show be?’. Think Autumn Tales. Damo. The acting was excellent but all had terrible endings. Then those which barely made it Winter Sonata, Phoenix, All In.  

Competing on how they can make the viewers suffer 

main-qimg-043574bc22925c15952cdbab6433ab

@yamiyugi Chingu, didn't watch your top 3 dramas in the list, we can add one to the poll, so which one would you like to nominate? :exercice:

16 hours ago, africandramalover said:

The Third Charm - that twist of misery in the last third was rough, but ESom was so good in her role!! Love her!

This drama might be my least rated drama on MDL. I was just so disappointed by the ending, not because the leads didn't end up together, but I felt for the 2nd FL who actually supported ML throughout his worst phase, continuously visited him in whichever European Country he was, and ended up having her marriage cancelled just because ML's ex came back out of nowhere. 

The worst part? The leads still end up together, so I felt a lot more bad for the 2nd FL who wasted so many years on a dude like the ML. I literally wanted to spartan kick that dude down the cliff 

tumblr_pkn0zgD8Pa1wuktsgo1_r1_540.gifv 

15 hours ago, partyon said:

But the network decided to extend the drama with 2 episodes, and because Ultimate Korean Oppa was already booked for another gig, he couldn't appear in the last 2 episodes.

I didn't watch the drama Noona, but was still disappointed on the showrunners off-screening his death  :isannoyed:

10 hours ago, itsmeash said:

Heartbeat - Started off great. Sweet, funny, so much good. Then the last bit... did the original writers switch with trauma writers? The last few eps or so did not feel like they melded well with what the first part of the show and the promotions for the series were showing.

I just feel like they went off road and decided to try something new, but in that process ruined a drama with a promising and new plotline. This was such a disappointing drama for me, I really enjoyed the first few eps since I found the concept fresh and interesting. :smashes:

10 hours ago, itsmeash said:

An add on option - Oh My Ladylord - To this day, this is by far the worst of the worst, imo. I will never not immediately get heated when I see the title of this drama.

This one I can say I dodged the bullet :sweats:

I actually dropped the drama around 8th or 9th episode, and then when I heard about how they ended it, I was both disappointed since even after dropping it I didn't expect it to have such a horrible ending, but at the same time I was relieved that I didn't complete it :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

*** I’m not crybaby but, sometimes we need to watch this kind of drama, which traumatize us once in a while  just to have a good cry to shrug stress off our shoulders! K-dramas can make us feel joy, sadness, anger, or excitement as we become invested in the characters and their stories. I have watched many K- dramas and there are very few dramas that actually traumatized me. But, that happens especially with mostly the terminal illness plot device. This is also one of the reasons why I don’t mind spoilers.  :blush:

Goblin - Watching this drama I didn’t realize that I will need tissues ready on my side because this one made me had a bumpy ride of emotions. Goodbyes suck. They really do.

I’m Sorry I Love You- This made me weep so much, too! So tragic that it broke my heart. I mourned it for several days!

Memories of Alhambra – OMG – the ending of this was so messed up! The concept sent shivers down my spine!

Moon Lovers Scarlete – There is no way you’ll leave this drama without having your heart broken. Many fans were demanding for a second season because the story didn't have a proper ending. The ending definitely disappointed me because there was no closure.

Uncontrollably Fond – This made me cry the most that I got dehydrated - hahaha.  Who wouldn’t? Seeing someone suffering from an illness is what really hurts the most. But, I enjoyed every single moment of this drama. I fell in love with Kim Woo Bin’s character. It really reminded me to value what I have, when I have it. I also learnt to love hard no matter what. The ending was of course, T-raumatic with a capital T.

Strangers from HellI was trembling in fear watching this drama. I never expected to find such a spine chilling show such as this one.

49 Days – This drama was absolutely depressing yet beautiful. Watching this drama wrecked me. I was devastated and bitter over the ending. I felt I was cheated. But, what’s good was the drama had closure. It traumatized me to the point I never watched it again, though.

Flower of Evil – Because I’m obsessed with this drama, it ripped out my soul!

Something Happened in Bali – This drama is one of the most memorable for me. I was stunned/flabbergasted by the ending. It was addicting and then, boom! I was like OMG – how can they leave me like that? It was such an epic ending, though! It really hits me in the feel!

A Stairway to Heaven – This drama was too much suffering and I’m not really used to such a tragic ending. On the other hand, the story was addicting so, I kept suffering because of Kwon Sang Woo – hahaha.  :Megalol:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

@Sleepy OwlThanks for the tag 🫡

I don't think I need to explain much as most of the viewers already expressed their opinions here.

Below are the stories and plot lines with loose end and do not have a proper ending in my opinion :

• Rugal
  • Heartbeat - drop half way, wasting time
  • Vagabond - hanging there with no proper ending
  • A Stairway to Heaven - It really frustrates me when the evil lady is always in control and the good guy (the male lead) is always the victim. I will not spend time to rewatch this old drama. Slow pace and illogical plot. 

• Strangers from Hell - always had an eerie feel while watching
  • The Guest - got nightmare after finishing watching it

Below are some of the good kdrama (not in ranking order) that I will always remember after watching them:

1. My Mister
  2. It's Okay to Not Be Okay
  3. Remember: War of the Son
  4. Reborn Rich
  5. Move to Heaven
  6. Death's Game
  7. Beyond evil (you missed out this good drama in the list)
  8. Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)
  9. Squid Game (although violence)

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

On 5/23/2024 at 9:11 PM, willenette said:

Memories of Alhambra – OMG – the ending of this was so messed up! The concept sent shivers down my spine!

I really loved this drama, it was a fresh concept, and I was enjoying it, until they kinda went off trail in the final few eps, and ended it that way :isannoyed:

Strangers from HellI was trembling in fear watching this drama. I never expected to find such a spine chilling show such as this one.

Now this one, I got to admit, it just exceeded my expectations when it came to storyline, while I hoped things would get better for the ML, things just continued to escalate violently and then we got that ending :sweats:

49 Days – This drama was absolutely depressing yet beautiful. Watching this drama wrecked me. I was devastated and bitter over the ending. I felt I was cheated. But, what’s good was the drama had closure. It traumatized me to the point I never watched it again, though.

This surely was a beautiful drama, but as I said earlier, its just that the ending was so sad. I still feel sad for the FL while thinking about its ending :cries:

5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:
  • The Guest - got nightmare after finishing watching it

This was probably my first Horror Kdrama if I remember correctly, and yes, Oh Boy, I stopped watching it at night since I used to live alone back when I watched it :sweats:

Still, loved that drama a lot, I have re-watched it 3 times already :exercice:

• Beyond evil (you missed out this good drama in the list)

Want me to add it to the list, we still room for a couple of dramas to be added I believe :rubchin:

• Heartbeat - drop half way, wasting time

Considering how it ended, you did the right thing dropping it :piggydance:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2