A Blast from the Past

confusedheart

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

It was legendary drama of 2012.

Agreed chingu.:criesariver: I wish we could include that. We had to drop some really amazing dramas as we were constrained by technical limitations.

I am a new fan of Joo Won. I recently watched Good Doctor and thought he was amazing. He aced it. Just sheer perfection on his part.  What drama of  Joo Won do you recommend next?:love:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

On 10/16/2021 at 1:58 AM, partyon said:

@*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* My dream is to one day organize a My Name Is Kim Sam Soon re-watch here on Soompi Forums. Hope you join if we do!

:sparklyeyes:

sure! see everyone there hahaha:happydance:

I love how there is so many mentions of TW dramas too in the comments!! there rlly was a TW drama era back then.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

1. How did you start watching K-dramas?
 For me it was a rabbit hole, I fell in love with the anime Fushsigi Yugi which led me to Absolute Boyfriend. When I read that there was a live Jdrama made from that manga I had to watch it. After that I wound up finding Hana Yori Dango and then wound up watching Boys Over Flowers, then I went on to watch Coffee Prince, and Goong, and then I was kind of hooked on them.

2. Was there a specific K-drama that made you stay?
Coffee Prince, and Goong.

3. Which 3-5 K-dramas are the best dramas you've ever watched?
Secret Garden *love me some Hyun Bin*
Coffee Prince
The Moon That Embraces The Sun
Jealousy Incarnate
The Greatest Love

4. Why would you recommend K-dramas to others who know nothing about them?</b>
Honestly they are an escape, and alot better than what American tv has to offer.

5. What do K-dramas mean to you?
I got sick in 2016 and I was bed ridden and wound up in the hospital for over a month. From around Jan. 2016, until Nov. 2017 I really couldn't even sit at a desk to watch my shows. I found myself so incredibly sad and lost. They were my escape and my enjoyment. I loved the stories and actors. It was my happy place. I wound up after having a stroke having a hard time to read books anymore, and I found that watching a drama helped me to rebuild my reading. Like I said my dramas were my happy place. So my Kdramas / Cdramas are what always make me smile and feel at peace.

6. Which K-drama you cannot stop yourself from re-watching?
Really depends on my mood.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, *.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* said:

I love how there is so many mentions of TW dramas too in the comments!! there rlly was a TW drama era back then.

Have you watched Autumn's Concerto? That's my most favourite TW drama that I have watched innumerable times already. I think it was just PERFECT! :wub:

2 hours ago, Tamakins said:

I got sick in 2016 and I was bed ridden and wound up in the hospital for over a month. From around Jan. 2016, until Nov. 2017 I really couldn't even sit at a desk to watch my shows. I found myself so incredibly sad and lost. They were my escape and my enjoyment. I loved the stories and actors. It was my happy place. I wound up after having a stroke having a hard time to read books anymore, and I found that watching a drama helped me to rebuild my reading. Like I said my dramas were my happy place. So my Kdramas / Cdramas are what always make me smile and feel at peace.

Chingu, I hope you are doing better now. So glad K-dramas could give you the comfort you needed. I feel Kdramas are like chicken soup to sooth the soul. After a long hectic day at work, you just want to put your feet up and get lost in the world of chaebols / two handsome men fighting over a beautiful woman. :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Tamakins said:

Jealousy Incarnate
The Greatest Love

Are you a fan of Gong Hyo-Jin ?:love:

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Have you watched Autumn's Concerto? That's my most favourite TW drama that I have watched innumerable times already. I think it was just PERFECT!

nooo, I haven't seen that one but have defs heard of it (F4 boys were everywhere haha)

the TW dramas that I was rewatching were "It Started with a Kiss" (also has Tiffany Hsu!) and "Prince Turned into a Frog" lol would probs cringe a bit if I was to rewatch those now. :relaxed:

• Love 4

We got 98 whooping votes! Thank you chingus, everyone who voted and commented.  

Épinglé sur Minions

This was such an awesome experience, learning about each other's journey into the amazing world of K-dramas. It surely made us nostalgic and we took a walk down the memory lane, reliving the memories of our first K-drama.  Reading the comments, we realized how some dramas have left an indelible mark on our hearts and minds. We will continue to love them and cherish them in spite of moving on with time and making place for newer dramas.

Here's a summary of the poll. Let's revisit some swoon-worthy moments from the most memorable dramas:

Group 1: Dramas 2002-2013

1. Coffee Prince (40 votes)

Spoiler

rest now, my warrior — The first shop of Coffee Prince ♥

2. Secret Garden (35 votes)

Spoiler

Secret Garden kiss on the forehead A view in the garden gives you privacy,  protection from the prying eyes … | Besos en la frente, Jardin secreto  dorama, Besos

3. Boys over Flowers (33 votes)

Spoiler

Boys Over Flowers Kissing Scenes on Make a GIF

Worth a mention: You’re Beautiful - 23 votes  and My Girlfriend Is a Nine-Tailed Fox - 22 votes. 

Group 2: Dramas 2013-2017

1. You Who Came From the Stars (44 votes)

Spoiler

eteru — Who you came from the stars NG scenes 5 / ☆

2. Healer (36 votes)

Spoiler

Watch Healer On YouTube | Healer kdrama, Korean drama, Ji chang wook

3. Goblin (34 votes)

Spoiler

Google Image Result for  https://media1.tenor.com/images/af33934f772f80f183cc6c746ce1935e/tenor.gif?itemid=10134219  | Goblin korean drama, Goblin, Best dramas

Worth a mention: Kill Me, Heal Me (32 votes) and Descendants of the Sun (27 votes)

Group 3: Dramas 2017-2020

1. Crash Landing on You (38 votes)

Spoiler

20+ Unforgettable Scenes from &#39;Crash Landing On You&#39; | Metro.Style

2. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and What’s wrong with Secretary Kim?  (28 votes)

Spoiler

strong woman do bong soon | Tumblr | Do bong soon, Strong woman do bong soon,  Mulher forte

Spoiler

Best Whats Wrong With Secretary Kim GIFs | Gfycat

Thank you everyone for voting and commenting. :dorakiss:

The results of the poll can be found here: Poll

Dramabeans Korean drama recaps

@LA @gm4queen @Lmangla @joccu @sadthe1st @andy78 @willenette @Sunset @maribella @BlackLotus1025 @lebeaucouple @madmad min @musicalflow. @LeftCoastOppa @frozentundra @rocher22 @the_sweetroad @Sky Kang @kokodus @hyall @CarolynH @j9sshi @Gumiho @Rumaizah Muhammed @nohamahamoud2002 @morganian @Ayame @msdot @lexicon @AjummaF4   @kdramagrandma @flutterby06 @Tamakins @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 4
  • Love 7
  • Blob 4

On 10/17/2021 at 10:23 PM, confusedheart said:

We got 98 whooping votes! Thank you chingus, everyone who voted and commented.  

awesome! the community is kicking! 

that was a fun event; thanks for putting it together @confusedheart; jjang!

Lovely Snoopy and Friends | Line Sticker | Snoopy funny, Snoopy love,  Snoopy wallpaper 

now am off to feast on t-rex (turkish) oppa; will he glare away today? or will he sing a song because she is so mad and is still crying lots of tears. 

• Love 2
  • Blob 1