[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

That would be a way to resolve this.

YES Or Naksu and UK baby...BUYEON deserves better parents...i just think  if there is a way to resolve this mess!!!Naksu and UK -a happy end for their love story

i love that part...

Possessive lover Jang Uk!!!

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

Let’s talk about how we should fix this situation why? why are you turning the light on? turn it off!  yeong doesn’t want uk to come to his senses. she wants more kisses :hooray2:

Spoiler

66d4ba9cf0dfeff90b9e06a07a2f70bd1caa0717.gifv

damn-salvatore: “ALCHEMY OF SOULS: LIGHT AND SHADOW 2022–2023 | S02E08 ”

The way Jang Uk smiled at her & lifted her up:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Spoiler

====

------
Ep 9 Text Preview Jang Uk and Jin Buyeon learns about each other's existence and spends time together. Each of them does the things they have to do to stop Jinmu's plot to hit Jinyowon and take out the fire bird. On the other hand, Seo Yul learns the truth #AlchemyOfSouls2

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images, gifs, tweets or videos per post. Please put any other in spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Blob 4

23 minutes ago, Learry said:

Jang uk and Yeong were truly starting making love and it was truly an amazing scene, it was hot, warm, romantic. It was everything.

And his familly thinking that they are pure and innocent...was so funny their talk after we see how things realy are...

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1

Dang!   Apparently, choosing a Turtle is no coincidence!

The Hong Sisters did their homework.

Master Lee says the turtle has “Hyunmu” aura (玄武之气)

qfGP4Ke.jpg

Hyunmu (玄武) is one of the 4 mystical heavenly/divine creatures.

It’s animal symbol is an entwined snake & turtle.

It is also a symbol of the following:

1.  North direction

2.  Northern continent

3.  The element of Water*

4.  The season of Winter

5.  The “dark” side (underworld)

Do all these description sound familiar?

JW is traveling north, to the Northern City.  He has the ice stone to sustain his life and liquid-water energy is the source of his power. JW is Winter of the 4 nobles, of course.

And then, Naksu brought the turtle into Ghost Valley (underworld) with her.

* Throughout the show, the English translation has always been energy core (or something like that)

But perhaps liquid (water) source energy or liquid (water) core energy is more appropriate. 

For instance: The soul-shifters would lose moisture (water) and become petrified, and they have to absorb moisture from natural beings to replenish. 

You've met this another one of the four -- that Fire Bird (egg) in Jinyowon.

Some of you have suggested it represents Naksu.

SpxIQBI.jpg

Maybe this is suppose to be Yul?

(Since one of Hwang Minhyung's Nu'est teammate is Baekho 白虎 ...lol )

xPLdKpy.jpg

• Like 5
  • Insightful 5
  • Blob 1

At this point in time, it just feels like the writers are making up the story as they go along.... Am not impressed.

@maribella Gave up using my brain to watch this season a long time ago.

squidward-throw-away.gif

Struggling to come up with any sensible questions for the poll. :crybaby:

The biggest wasted opportunity of this drama was giving us to "abs" scenes this week. But they were just baby abs - more like "barely there abs". :bawling:

Instead we could have been enjoying Crown Prince's abs, Park Jin Uncanny Counter Ahjussi's abs. Or Ahjussi Oppa's abs.

#whatawasteofabs

7 minutes ago, Learry said:

This is what we were waiting for.

This could have been resolved much earlier if there had been SOME COMMUNICATION between our characters in this drama.
:kicks:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Blob 1

Almost at the End Poll

Chingus, only one more week to go after this. Are you excited? :partyblob:

Pretty sure Jin Mu is - who would have thought he would still be in the game after 28 episodes?

tvn-alchemyofsouls-cast-15.jpg?w=740

Thank you to @misspiggie who suggested the first question. :dorakiss:

As always feel free to leave your comments on this thread.

re: @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

tagging: @K-dramafan22 @youactlikeicare @SleepyKitty @marrez1 @Dramafreak @Learry   @orion00 @sadthe1st @rocat @LeftCoastOppa @maribella @suga02pearl @fieza1871 @Jeannie @backstreetboysfan @frozentundra @rocher22  @breakmyheart @STARSX @msuri25_stv  @Rollito Deprimavera @andy78 @Yinye @Gumiho @lilyphenix @illay @Ameera Ali @nitepolaris @Pollen Ainne @Bojun @ktcjdrama  @SilverDawn @Jtwong27 @ferily @swagpuppysong @misspiggie @naksu @Cayu18 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Since Naksu and Bu Yeon have been sharing bodies throughout this drama, who do you think Uk will potentially end up with next week?

i hope Naksu's appearance - Naksu's body...but i'm ok with Naksu's appearance - Bu Yeon's body too

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i hope Naksu's appearance - Naksu's body...but i'm ok with Naksu's appearance - Bu Yeon's body too

In ep 8, I think it was made clear that Jung So Min is not even doing a cameo in this season. They finally show the real Bu Yeon, and she's a child. Why suddenly show her as a child when she is an adult?

So I think that it's pretty likely that we'll get Naksu's body in the end. What do you think?

• Like 5

I haven’t watch ep 8 yet but I don’t trust the Hong Sisters at alllllllll. I think the actor that plays Jin Mu is great but his character here is the dull, stereotypical villain that continues to wreck havoc without any accountability lol. I hope for minimal logic, sound ending and hopefully a happy one. My obvious theory of how this can be achieve is:

Spoiler

Let JU and Naksu have their love moment in the dark and a baby can be born with BU’s soul. 

If you know re Chinese folktales and mythology or read lots of Chinese fantasy, you would already pick up how much it inspired the Hong sisters. I’ve always thought that this drama was their take in doing a Kdrama version of a Chinese Xianxia drama lol. It is just a shame that this world building isn’t strong at allllll. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 5
  • Shocked 3

Have been trying to watch this all day so I can go back on the internet without spoilers, lol. 

Well, that was an exciting episode! Words cannot express how much I want to smack that smirk off of Jin Mu's face. HATE HIM!! And speaking of people I hate, that Heo (Yeom?) Ok girl or whatever her name is is seriously getting on my nerves. Even her grandfather was like, PLEASE STOP.

Heh...the irony of everyone discussing the pair and saying there was nothing, while meanwhile, they are making out like the world is ending. (I love the idea of Buyeon's soul going into the body of their child! She would have MUCH better parents for sure! And that would solve the two souls problem nicely. I hope Hong Sisters are on board for this.)

I'm frustrated with the crown prince but trying to withhold judgment. My guess is that he will end up on the right side in the end, but I'm hoping that it's because he is secretly undercover, gathering dirt on Jin Mu--not because he hasn't made up his mind yet. 

I can't tell if Master Lee is just randomly lying to people, or if he thought one thing and then realized he was wrong. I get why those in the know don't want to tell Jang Uk because they are trying to protect him. But still--it's  hard to watch that. People always want to protect him, and they keep truly sad things from him. But at the same time, it makes him feel rejected by the people he loves and respects most.

GYJ is doing a great job showing poor, brokenhearted Naksu. He doesn't recognize me even when I'm standing in front of him? Ouch. But you know, Jang Uk was awfully cruel to her, he needs to know how that felt. Come on, Uk...put the pieces together! Like, what other major event happened 3 years ago?? I want to smack him for overlooking that. 

But but but--NAKSU IS BACK!! I am so glad. When she decided to go bring the plaque because Jin Mu was going to be there...that was Naksu, finally back, with all the hackles raised and all the power. Yesss! I want Naksu to finish him off. 

Finally, Jang Uk makes me laugh. I just really like his character (even when I think Kim Dojoo should spank him for his insensitive behavior to his wife). His heart's been broken, he's gone from the most powerless to the most powerful man in Daeho, he is in a fight with the royal family and their creepy mage, and he's been rejected by his wife with no explanation. He's off up north on some rotation and randomly! There is his wife! About to be devoured by a wraith! So he banishes it and is like, hi wifey, wassup? I mean...just another day in the life of Jang Uk, you know?

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Well that only took 8 episodes. I guess we should be thankful that, at least, all of that wasn't just being shoved into the last 40 minutes of the show like what happened last season.

Now that we finally have something to talk about;

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I'm frustrated with the crown prince but trying to withhold judgment. My guess is that he will end up on the right side in the end, but I'm hoping that it's because he is secretly undercover, gathering dirt on Jin Mu--not because he hasn't made up his mind yet. 

I am pretty sure this is all a scheme that CP made with janguk. Note how calm both parties after CP summoned janguk to the palace with the plaque. So far every time they meet they always ended up bickering and somewhat annoyed with each other's existence, except the one instance when janguk marches to demand jin mu to take responsibility for harming yul. The only moments when they gave up the animosity to each other is when they move toward the same goal. So yeah, i think it's safe to think that this time CP is trying to lure jinmu into revealing his scheme, so CP and janguk can outsmart him.

Another thing that i want to note is the multiple cases of noble idiocies, like, yeong and yul were not kidding when they promised to become foolish friends(?). Both trying to resolve issues by not talking *smh*. Here's why i think janguk is better than seo yul is because janguk did not hesitate. So far, he's barged into jinyeowon, the unanimous assembly meetings, the palace, cheonbugwan; funny how even though throughout the season he keeps mentioning how he wants to do nothing, he keeps breaking into everyone's door to reach his goals.

About the mysterious skeleton, i think it has more to do with the wraith(?) that's trying to attack yeong. The blue light thingy i think is a mark of a soul shifter, who died in the prison (gwido), and the soul has been haunting the place as the wraith cause they're trapped. And so the wraith start attacking her because she's disturbing the skeleton... maybe.

Also how glad i was when i found out that the bells scene was just a piece of naksu's memory. At least she was aware that she's being controlled, so i hope it would be easier for her in the future to forgive herself for doing things that she did not mean to do.

Lastly, the kiss!!!! No, i mean, the making out!!!! Like, wow, kids, please hold your horses why are you trying to undress each other on public? I mean i understand it's been a long time coming but please, have some decency lol. (Actually i was half hoping lady heo accidentaly saw them so she realized, once and for all, she did not ever stand a chance. I hope that scene in the grave would be the last time she showed up. Please just disappear into obscurity, her character's job is done and did not deserve even one scene in the seemingly going to be jam-packed ending. Bye)

About the poll

I still do not trust the writers that they would easily give the characters the happy ending that they deserve. But at the very least, there were some of their works where i was pretty satisfied with the ending even though it was not a neatly bow tied happy ending. I guess whichever body and soul that ends up thriving in the end, i don't really care at this point. I just want to see how they're going to even try to make all these mess make sense lol. They have trolled us all multiple times, let's just hope they aren't just going to create anothe bells of death just to mess with us :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 9