[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

On 9/18/2021 at 6:16 PM, Irmautarii said:

Sunbae mentioned about HJ's Car accident ? Please writernim. Dont make HJ is the cause of DS losing his loved one. 

Old kdrama plot.. where DS will step backward since he cant love someone who caused his misery.

Please don't do that. 

I was afraid about the possibility of this situation before, now I got even more worried after I saw HJ father being against her relationship with DS in the preview of the next episode. I also HATE this kind of plot, I really hope the writer don't go this way.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 2

Oh oh, DS' nightmares could be about a car accident that killed someone. It's more probable than a military accident. HJ with neck braces also suggests a past car accident.

I am betting her father objected to their relationship because of the accident.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

2 hours ago, paolaadl said:

I was afraid about the possibility of this situation before, now I got even more worried after I saw HJ father being against her relationship with DS in the preview of the next episode. I also HATE this kind of plot, I really hope the writer don't go this way.

I rewatched the episode again. Sunbae said its during high school? Am i missheard? If so. It doesnt match with 5yrs missing after DS college time.

But yes there must be a connection...

In Mr Handy Mr Handy movie only explain both of DS parent killed during car accident.

But it happen before he entered school.

Cant wait for mystery to be revealed.

3 hours ago, ferily said:

That sudden jump to being Hye Jin’s boyfriend got me SHOOk! :fear: I thinking maybe he said it in the moment and are pretending? Unless they really jumped to dating that quick :flushed:

Yup Nam Sook’s story definitely got me tearing up. No one deserves to lose their child like that and I can’t imagine how painful and heartbreaking it was for her to go through that. No wonder she was holding the wand in the beginning of one of the episodes! I don’t remember what episode it was.

Seung Hyun is definitely obvious about his feeling for Hye Jin, but I like what @heartoppaya said how Du Sik actually got the bitter root and went on patrol for Hyun Jin and he ate every last porridge even though it tasted bad. Just shows how much he cares :fullofhearts: And that’s the different between Seung Hyun and Du Sik too.

I feel like I am kinda confused about how Du Sik feels about Hyun Jin, because he clearly does care about her and we saw him get all jealous woth Seung Hyun and Hyun Jin, but he confuses me at times with his feelings. Like after they kissed, he said they are just friends and then after Hyun Jin, Du Sik and Seung Hyun finished naengmyun and mandu, Du Sik said why would Seung Hyun see Hyun Jin as a woman and has weird taste, although I’m pretty sure that’s partially jealousy talking haha… But yeah what do you guys all think about Du Sik’s feelings for Hyun Jin?

Yes that got me confused too.. when Ds said why SB like girl like her.

About the boyfriend thing.

In Mr Handy My Hong movie.. HJ paid DS to pretend to be his BF. The father in the movie is very rich. Due to the loss of the game. Her father despise him.

Dont know whether they will follow this plot or not. Hope not.. i dont like he being paid only pretend to be his BF.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

I just had to hop on to this forum to say that I'm so giddy with happiness with the scenes of DS and HJ. :blush: I'm going to savor all cute scenes so far since I know we are now halfway in and the "real" problems in their relationship may now start.

But wow, I'm really so glad that KSH in the main lead here. Whenever I see him sad I can't help but feel the second lead syndrome, his facial expressions are really too sad. I hope our sikhye couple don't just get 1 episode of happiness together and resolve any problems quickly (so far, it's the possible accident/trauma and SH).  

I'm really loving the next episode preview! DS is so bold and straightforward to introduce himself as the boyfriend haha. :joy:

• Like 8

5 hours ago, ferily said:

I feel like I am kinda confused about how Du Sik feels about Hyun Jin, because he clearly does care about her and we saw him get all jealous woth Seung Hyun and Hyun Jin, but he confuses me at times with his feelings. Like after they kissed, he said they are just friends and then after Hyun Jin, Du Sik and Seung Hyun finished naengmyun and mandu, Du Sik said why would Seung Hyun see Hyun Jin as a woman and has weird taste, although I’m pretty sure that’s partially jealousy talking haha… But yeah what do you guys all think about Du Sik’s feelings for Hyun Jin?

So I am not the one who is confused with DS's feelings towards HJ in this ep. He noticed her from the moment she sat on the beach, liked how caring she was when she was with the kids who lost their teeth, smiled sweetly at the view of her cleaning the squids in ep 1. He obviously liked her from the beginning. And now he said that SH's taste is weird (while he smirked like a fool when she decided to sit next to him instead of SH) and when he saw HJ tying her hair in front of him beautifully, he questioned himself??? Okay, maybe his mystery past is something that is holding him back but I really want him to make proper move.

5 hours ago, agenth said:

Du Sik has been drawn to Hye Jin since he first saw her and the line between being good neighbour surely has been crossed, even if he gets involved in the lives of the other villagers, too. 

I think Du Sik has feelings for her a few episodes ago, but a kiss is quite a step into a relationship, something he is not ready for due to his past, so he quickly denounced it. And I think he has usually shied away from dating and being in a relationship, due to what happened in his past. Nobody knows what has happened, and he makes it so that nobody knows.

As you notice, he has good relations with everyone, but nobody he truly confides in. 

Hye Jin slowly seems to become that person, as we see in epilogue how she notices some of his nightmare. The same nightmare/past, that makes Du Sik deny his feelings for her. It may be that he feels guilt, or feeling unworthy because of his actions, or his past experiences.

He is just very good at suppressing and denouncing any interest, at least until PD arrives. Which is when he notices how she smiles at PD, how the whole town is also enamored with PD. Of course jealousy rears its ugly head then, which would perhaps explain why he now claims he is her boyfriend :D

Thank you for explaining more about DS's attitude towards HJ. I agree with you, but still not feel much content. I hope DS will be more aggressive in the relationship with HJ, not just because he has a rival now, but because HJ is really slowing leaning towards him a lot. 

I have to say I absolutely love HJ in ep 8. She is no longer the cool city girl who always complains about the small countryside village, she has transformed into such a lovely, down to earth and caring girl. It surprised me to see her following Nam Suk after seeing her with a huge envelope of money crossing the street, even when NS did something terrible to her few days before. She questioned the thief and ran after him when he snatched the enveloped. She initiated the conversation with NS after knowing about her past, telling her to go to the clinic to check her tooth, such a sweetheart! And she really opened up to DS already. She noticed he was not feeling well and came to his house. Despite being constantly chased away by DS, she stayed, applied medicine for him, cooked for him (no matter how the food quality and the condition of the kitchen afterwards are :D ) and almost kissed him :wub:. She also bought tangerines for him but was probably too shy (or afraid of wanting to kiss him again) so she left outside his house :D. She has really changed a lot. Gongjin, the people and especially DS has brought out the inner kindness in HJ that she somehow tries to hide. 

It is heartwarming to see DS being taken care of by HJ when he is sick. He is always the helper but doesn't want anyone to know when he is sick. When he constantly asked HJ to leave but stopped after HJ said "It is sad when you are sick alone" That must have hit him hard, poor boy... The porridge made by HJ and the tangerines that HJ bought must be the best food on earth for DS then :D 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Hello there beautiful muggles!

For once I truly relate to a kdrama character on a personal level and that’s HJ. Sure she has her share of insecurities and shortcomings but I love her boldness, straightforward nature and how she always absorbs constructive criticism. Her character growth is inspiring and what’s more she’ll definitely help DS fight his inner daemons as well. You go girl!!! B)

Btw shoutout to Kim Seon Ho. I rarely feel moved by actors but this guy is extremely expressive in the most subtle manner that you can’t help but empathise with him when he’s on screen. Tom Hiddleston has that impact on me and now this guy. I’m genuinely awestruck by KSH’s acting skills 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@agenth Thank you for the explanation! That makes sense to me. Like I knew Du Sik was interested and attracted to Hye Jin since he first saw her and met her, but his attitude after the kiss confused me a bit. But! After you explained it and why he acted like that, it makes complete sense and it’s most likely due to his past trauma, whatever that incident was so he doesn’t allow anyone to get super close to him. I hope the drama will explain Du Sik’s past trauma soon and let us viewers know what exactly it is! I mean it is one of the three mysteries of the town too!! (Why Du Sik disappeared for 5 years)

Also I forgot mention that anyone else cracked up at the tension between our two male leads? From Seung Hyun pulling out the chair next to him for Hyun Jin to sit in but she ends up sitting next to Du Sik, to Hyun Jin giving most of her dumplings to Seung Hyun and Du Sik takes some, to Hyun Jin and Seung Hyun reminiscing over the past, and finally Du Sik complaining and walking away saying why Seung Hyun likes a woman like Hyun Jin :lol: Like pfffttt Du Sik!! She’s the girl you like too!

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I love episode 7&8. Hye Jin and Du-sik's feeling are getting stronger when they're together! they care each other so much! here we go on episode 9. time to reveal their relationship? it will be complicated eventhough it will be revealed in a latter time but still it will only prove their love to each other! can't wait for this weekend again! :fullofhearts:

I want to also share this article from soompi. congrats to our mr. dimple guy! saranghae! :fullofhearts:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1489485wpp/september-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-announced-3

spacer.png

ctto

• Like 7

I went back all the way to Prison Playbook in 2017 to see how Lee Sang Yi's acting was like. Because who he is now the OTT PD seems like what he was like in Once Again. But then I also recall him being in theatre before going to dramas. If you're talking about how clear his voice is- it sounds to be like how musical and theatre actors speak. Their diction is always crystal clear and you can hear each syllable. LSY's diction is crystal clear- don't know if anyone notices. And they project their voices really well. Or should I say their voices carry? Examples being  Cho Seung-woo and Jeon Mi-do. Does anyone listen to Korean musicals? Their diction is so clear.

So I am not sure how much is LSY and his voice vs the PD character. I can only use 3 Korean variety shows PDs as references as to how PDs are in real life. They are tenacious buggers.

The idol fanning the flames made me laugh thinking of the hours I spend watching Eric cooking in 3 meals a day. In those sort of houses. In those sort of quiet villages. I am bringing my children to one of those quiet seaside towns once travels resume. And renting an airbnb on the beach- yes I have picked it out- so Chief Hong's lighthouse view made me sigh in envy. I want to eat all those raw fish. And go to the mudflats.

I don't know why everyone is watching this drama. I am watching it for the 3 main leads whom I do like watching in dramas. There were some unexpected plot lines this week especially with the stalker and A-ram. Small towns are not as safe as it seems.

Either way this post is regarding Lee Sang Yi. I don't think the writer would make him be a stalker right? Otherwise the story would suddenly turn to a trail of attacks whenever his shows airs.  And PDs work late right to do editing?

Anyhow Lee Sang Yi is kinda of puppy-ish, enthusiastic but the guys knows how to be subtle too.  He definitely needs loads of EQ to gauge the mood of the audience or a show. It shows in how bold he is in approaching HJ first. But then also in the way he doesn't do head- on confrontations in other areas. It's not a bad thing to have a bold suitor. I hate all those indecisive 2nd leads in dramas.

Can't you guys tell? I have a soft spot for Lee Sang Yi even though i really like KSH as an actor- and not from Start Up the drama. I just ended up listening to him sing and dance for the last 30 minutes. 

• Like 9

Let's smile together with BTS of EP 7-8.

Remind sweet scene with sweet Ost part3.

E_ozi0mXoAMiYre.jpg

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 3

Track Listing

01. My Romance  – CHEEZE(치즈) 

02.  My Romance  – CHEEZE(치즈) 

Listen

>> cr. Spotify Stone Music Entertainment <<

And waiting for full sad ost part4 that make you feel DS loneliness. :cries:

Spoiler

Edited by gm4queen
Please put 4th image/ video onwards under spoilers! Thanks!
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

The BTS video looks so much fun! Our 3 main leads' chemistry is great, I can't stop smiling :D

I was laughing so hard when LSY blew in KSH's face after he drank the smelly coffee, they are really comfortable around each other.

I also love it when KSH and SMA were monitoring the camera, KSH blurted out singing La La La La La La, he must be the mood maker at filming site :) Such a charming guy :wub:

Back to the drama, am I the only one guessing that the one who won lottery a few years ago is DS?

• Like 10
  • Love 1

EP 8 Review:

Far better than Ep 7, It was so fun to see DS and SH both just running to catch a random man cause Ms Dentist told them to haha.

Everyone has a back story I know but should that allow you to do too much gossip, its complex I think anw.

Hello Can I get some Juri June Moments, its like they are this fated lil CP , writers work on it.

ALSO POLICEGUY AND HJ BFF.....SHOW THEM MORE I DEMAND IT Lol.

Geesh the Kidnapper angle is scary.

The almost Kiss, DS you are more into her than she is Dude.

WOAH THE PREVIEW: ChaChaCha with Papa aicarambaaa that was fast, one calls him Hye Jin's BF, other calls the Dad Abunim!!! Lmao....Better be fun....

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

0d74286516726f5022cc9742a6a385c3dc2e5664

You didn't want a poll? Too bad, it's here already, so please enjoy the ride - and don't forget to vote, when you find the poll at the top of the page. 

After 8 episodes, we're at half-time already - so maybe we can even guess one of Gongjin's mysteries? 

and look i found more hometown chingus:

@refugeebluez @nyk @mysticmango @Yinye @rocher22 @paolaadl @Ohsh @yyaavv @Irmautarii @STARSX @yanki222 @Sunset @backstreetboysfan @ned_lee @the_sweetroad @heartoppaya @marrez1 @madmad min @Learry @c Cinc @anjuliet @Latte_Anyday @smhelen @cuteyabby @ck1Oz @Maetawinz @petra @Chibi8535 @Raynaa @bgcldx2208 @orion00 @Paperx Atelier @Ameera Ali @paolaadl @Irmautarii @Chesleigh @EInfinity @maribella  @serendipity... @blademan @ferily @ck1Oz @amanda16 @sherie1905 @reddragon 

cr: @Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

• Like 13
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, Irmautarii said:

In Mr Handy Mr Handy movie only explain both of DS parent killed during car accident.

But it happen before he entered school.

Oh good to know, I hope the drama follow this line, no problematic past between them. 

11 hours ago, Irmautarii said:

About the boyfriend thing.

In Mr Handy My Hong movie.. HJ paid DS to pretend to be his BF. The father in the movie is very rich. Due to the loss of the game. Her father despise him.

Dont know whether they will follow this plot or not. Hope not.. i dont like he being paid only pretend to be his BF.

I'm not a fan of "fake boyfriend" either. But if this end up leading them to become a real couple so I'll accept it lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 1