[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

53 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

The first meeting parent 

1 - HOW TO  SUCK UP TO SOMEONE ( WIN A BROWNIE COOKIE ) :mrgreen:

Vs 

2- OPPA COOL & FREE-SPIRIT WAY :sweat_smile:

BUT WHO CARE  , he don’t need to win cookies from parent cos he perfect :glasses:

Du Shik won Hye Jin's dad's approval after all. LOL

2 hours ago, nyk said:

We were wrong for the reason why dad rejected DS (at first). haha 

It'd be too predictable if HJ confesses and then DS rejects her like that. so I hope it's something unexpected from the writer. 

Agree that the story is going in slow pace and kinda dragging. I think HJ has no involvement at all to DS's past. 

It's 7 episodes left but there are only 3 things unknown.

1) what happened during the 5 years? 

2) who won the lottery?

3) what is the story of the 2nd love triangle?

1. About the five years, I keep thinking that it's something normal, not like he killed someone or anything. Maybe it's something normal. He was afraid to get close to people because he believed that he brought death upon them, right? Maybe his grandpa's death hit him so hard during that time.

2. I still keep thinking that it's Gamri Halmoni but something about Eun Cheol makes me think that he's a possible winner too. Plus out of the three mysteries, I don't think Du Shik will be related to two mysteries.

3. This keeps bugging me so much. I'm still sticking to my initial suspicion: Cho Hui is in love with Hwa Jeong, and the reason why Hwa Jeong broke up is because she realizes that she's attracted to women. Or something along the lines. I don't know how much Korean Cinema will talk into this, but if this is the reason, then I'm going to call this drama the best out there. We always get homosexuality as jokes or parodies to make the viewers laugh, not as real issues people are facing. And by issues I don't mean that homosexuality is an issue, don't take me wrong.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4
  • Blob 1

Man I feel for Doo Shik in that epilogue.. So that's why he was missing for 5 years..? He went for therapy. He is suffering from trauma of losing loved ones. I hope he learns to forgive himself & know that it's not his fault. 

Someone wittily commented in another forum that Doo Shik was so hurt being turned down by Dal Mi (fans of "Start-up" will understand) that made his fear worse ha-ha!! 

Hye Jin's dad was such a sore loser! Her stepmom was surprisingly nice.. ha? And cool with everything including Doo Shik. 

OK I now want Seung Hyun gone LoL. Like K-dramas are real good at convincing the viewer to empathise for sml. It ain't working no more ok LoL? 

Hmm why did Cho Hui go out of her way to be nice to Hwa Jung? They're killing us with the suspense I tell ya! I really can't stand Yong Gook though why did they divorce LoL? Was he absent when I Hyun was born? 

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

who wouldn’t love/ approve this friendly oppa :sweat_smile:

He play with him 

Feed him 

make him win 

tell what he want to hear 

but maybe he need to slow down his charm got a side affect on father :sweatingbullets:
L7VgbZ9.gif

aaHYHAZ.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

55 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

1. About the five years, I keep thinking that it's something normal, not like he killed someone or anything. Maybe it's something normal. He was afraid to get close to people because he believed that he brought death upon them, right? Maybe his grandpa's death hit him so hard during that time.

2. I still keep thinking that it's Gamri Halmoni but something about Eun Cheol makes me think that he's a possible winner too. Plus out of the three mysteries, I don't think Du Shik will be related to two mysteries.

3. This keeps bugging me so much. I'm still sticking to my initial suspicion: Cho Hui is in love with Hwa Jeong, and the reason why Hwa Jeong broke up is because she realizes that she's attracted to women. Or something along the lines. I don't know how much Korean Cinema will talk into this, but if this is the reason, then I'm going to call this drama the best out there. We always get homosexuality as jokes or parodies to make the viewers laugh, not as real issues people are facing. And by issues I don't mean that homosexuality is an issue, don't take me wrong.

someone on twitter commented that maybe it's DS who won lottery. since it must be costly to take the boat on the mountain. Moreover, he may own that mountain otherwise he just can't put the boat overthere right? hahah 

• Like 6

The best parts of this episode were:

- The montage in the beginning of what DS and HJ did post-hug. Reminded me of My Love From the Star's post-kiss montage of Do Min Jun and Cheon Song Yi.

- The whole day that DS and HJ spent with her parents. DS was showing off and being a know-it-all, but he also complimented HJ to her dad and took care of them all day. He was treating them like he treats everyone else, like a friend. It was charming.

After watching the actor who plays HJ's dad be part of the Hugye gang in My Mister, it's fun to see him have a bigger role here in HCCC.

I'm starting to not care so much what happened between Cho Hui, Hwa Jeong, and Yeong Guk. It's getting so dragged out that it's not that interesting anymore....I enjoyed it more when it was just Hwa Jeong and Yeong Guk bickering over the town and their kid :)

• Like 11

Adding these to the list of SikHye doing couple  things. They make it look so natural. :approves:e5d0cc609f43b3e1aa3bfdc6f6f4e86c4dae1392.gifv
b9a6c1978fc0d1b5119afa7fd9baa40688f70021.gifv

Du-sik directing his flashlight to Hye-jin’s feet so she could see her steps, IF THAT’S NOT LOVE, I DON’T KNOW WHAT IT IS
af0cf59d1a0583542f5eb12b8b0df35a7566c657.gifv
Spoiler

7a67ce69c3f854a95ccd24f40ef2670345d6566a.gifv

• Like 8
  • Love 6

I absolutely love ep 9, although my emotions was like riding a roller coaster :D

First few scenes were hilarious, I was laughing so much at the 2 shy lovebirds being totally shy after hugging each other, they even discussed about how good their country is at making handphones while could not look into each other's faces. They spent the whole night doing exercises to get rid of the biological crisis burning inside them after just a hug, imagine what power will a kiss do to them LOL

DS and HJ's father encounter is funny, too. Dad probably never met someone like that before :D I like that DS was just being himself, friendly (in his own way) and helpful towards people. Don't you just love HJ when she directly told her dad that "why does it matter when I make enough money?" after he questioned her dating an unemployed man. Such a cool girl!!! I am glad that HJ's dad gradually understood DS and approved of DS, he is just a worrying father after all. It is heartwarming to see 4 of them walking together after lunch, broken families come together to build a new one, definitely healing isn't it? :heart:

Poor Ji PD was trying to hard to impress HJ's parents, but still, he is late again...

The epilogue broke my heart, our DS has been through so much since he was small. He had to listen to cruel words after his grandpa passed away, then what happened in Seoul made him blame himself again for the death of his beloved. Poor DS, wish someone could be there and tell him that it was not his fault at all. (This reminds me of a quote from Hospital Playlist "Bad things can happen to good people"). However, there is a good sign that DS is getting better sleep and can lower the dosage now (probably thanks to HJ), HJ should sleep in his place more often then ;) 

DS is afraid of losing people that he loves, that is why he keeps denying his feelings for HJ. He was in deep thought since HJ's father left and after the conversation with Ji PD, probably considering his feelings. I think towards the end, he has decided to go to HJ, the ending scene before the epilogue looks like both Ji PD and DS were going to see HJ. Let's see what happens in ep 10.

This is a healing drama and HJ is there to heal DS's heart and soul, slowly but steadily :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 6

11 hours ago, ned_lee said:

Hide contents

and is it just me or did we already know who the village maniac on this episode :unsure:

I notice that, too. But if it is really that guy who gave HJ back her phone, isn't it too stupid of him to reveal himself? HJ did not even suspect him either. Or maybe he was just a passer-by but HJ was scared thinking that the maniac was following her?

21 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

WHEN YOU KNOW YOU FRIEND 100% fall In Love :mrgreen:

~ girl get a grip we came to shop for you not him :D

Their expressions are so cute :D

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, EInfinity said:

I notice that, too. But if it is really that guy who gave HJ back her phone, isn't it too stupid of him to reveal himself? HJ did not even suspect him either. Or maybe he was just a passer-by but HJ was scared thinking that the maniac was following her?

Isn’t he Mr ban who tell our favourite gossiper the hug incident  , the guy seem harmless, he just another gossiper :mrgreen:

wfsl0OL.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Honestly I cannot tell whether I liked this episode or not. Maybe should take it together with tonight’s before I decide ;) 

While I did enjoy the interactions with HJ’s parents and how he brought them closer together with his natural warmth, I don’t see why the show need to address HJ’s r/s with her parents now. Couldn’t they have settled the r/s between HJ and DS first? It feels like we are having a looongg appetizer and the show ended before I had my main dish! There was hardly any interactions between the otp in this episode :(((

Having said that, I found it funny that he belatedly add in the honorifics when speaking to the dad. I don’t understand Korean so I couldn't tell if DS was speaking politely to the elderly village ladies or not. 

Actually I was also a little concerned about the underlying issue of DS’s unemployment and that HJ seems to expect him to fulfil his full potential as a Seoul Uni graduate. I wonder if this will be a mismatch of expectations in the future. 

• Like 5

Erm...friends don't look at friends that way.

cfffec809ab84989f644b10870173310945da1dda85bbc63d2115c382d30192804349da23c0a9c6630fc9c4fd4f5ccb4016da21b37b11c9d2cfe5d4a

Creds. owner

So...about HJ's possible confession tonight. I don't see DS giving her the answer she wants. But also if you've noticed, they never actually give us the ending scenes of the Sunday episodes in their previews. So we might get something more...?

Having said that, it'd be a real cheap shot if they ended it on a cliffhanger :rage:

• Like 6
  • Blob 5

I loved episode 9 but

@ned_lee I felt the same way with the episode being a roller coaster, specifically with Du Sik, because he clearly likes Hye Jin but his words say otherwise.. so I’m just like Du Sik!!! Why do you say that.. luckily Hye Jin’s father said what I was thinking. At the same time though, I understand why Du Sik is acting like this.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I loved episode 9 but

@ned_lee I felt the same way with the episode being a roller coaster, specifically with Du Sik, because he clearly likes Hye Jin but his words say otherwise.. so I’m just like Du Sik!!! Why do you say that.. luckily Hye Jin’s father said what I was thinking. At the same time though, I understand why Du Sik is acting like this.

True coz I started watching excitedly and giddy coz of the possible bio crisis ... then oops, it went on from laughter, sad, and so on.

@blademansuper hoping that tonight's episode will not be a cliffhanger or something coz it will be oh come on moment for me then :hushed:

I want Mr. Ban to be one of our village gossip but maybe I just watched too many crime docu that most of the time the assailant is the one who we least expect. And wondering how he knew that the phone is HJ. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, nyk said:

someone on twitter commented that maybe it's DS who won lottery. since it must be costly to take the boat on the mountain. Moreover, he may own that mountain otherwise he just can't put the boat overthere right? hahah 

He did say that it’s his grandpa’s boat though. Plus, he could earn money because he’s very well educated and has licenses for everything and was an engineering major. 

Plus how did Gamri send her granddaughter to university in the states?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Annyeong dear friends,

I hope everyone is well and staying safe. Covid restrictions is allowing me to catch up on my kdrama craze and jumping back here. It's been a while. Now I finally caught up with the eps, I'm super intrigued with the plot line. Yet I'm reminded why I shouldn't watch ongoing dramas. The wait is torture lol!

New stills ..me thinks whatever is scaring HJ has allowed her to spend another night in DS home and of course wearing his shirt. Maybe the perverted stalker is back and has taken some of HJ clothing.... SICKO I hope they catch him soon.

1632631351-download-5.jfif

cr. https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/09/tvn-drama-hometown-cha-cha-cha-starring-kim-seon-ho-shin-min-ah-brings-up-the-tension-with-newly-released-still-cuts

10 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

He did say that it’s his grandpa’s boat though. Plus, he could earn money because he’s very well educated and has licenses for everything and was an engineering major. 

Plus how did Gamri send her granddaughter to university in the states?

I hope it is you? Im glad to see you here. :partyblob:

WOW! Soompi forum has so many changes and new emoji's   Feeling so overwhelmed lol!

Back to your post, I do think DS won the lottery  DS because he owns a very expensive camera and getting his grandfather's boat on top of that mountain isn't cheap. Apart from his trauma he seems to be living really well and with so many talents. 

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1