[Drama 2021] The Devil Judge ⚖️ 악마판사

Maetawinz

Objectively, the writers killed Soo Hyun character because they ran out of things for her to do. All her investigations came to nothing. They were not able to give us a reason why she's after Yo Han, much like Prof. Min. Soo Hyun character was not able to move the story along. She was like an extra, an afterthought. She was a foolhardy person who disregarded authority and rushed headlong into fracas without thought about safety and security, just like when she left Yo Han's niece in the car without telling her to lock the doors. So what good did it bring Ga On by investigating Jung Joseph when she was not even able to deliver what she learned?

Had she been a part of Yo Han's investigative group, she might have been more effective as an additional character and her death would have more meaning and resonate with the audience or at least the story's main characters. As it stands, it's "oh, they killed Soo Hyun" and that's it, as there is no story to tie her to in this drama.

K or Lee Ki Taek was essential to the story and his death will be a driving force for Yo Han to go after the last of the baddies with more force, and stronger will. I think in episode 15 we will see the demise of the 2 guys. Then the trial of the cantankerous president and the slow, solitary death of the lunatic in the last episode. OR the death of the obsessed maid will be the last before Yo Han and his niece leave the mansion and live in a house far, far away from the city or maybe abroad so the niece can attend school physically. I also hope that the actress who works with Yo Han will be rescued.

I love the gumption of the show director for being moved by what he saw and resolved to show the audience the reality versus the propaganda. He and his crew came prepared, complete with generator set, the array of floodlights, and multi-camera setup. Very nice touch with the cellphone lights in the darkness.

The broadcaster and the publisher may have an easier time because they are not actively harassing Yo Han, although they were part of those who were after the largesse of Yo Han's brother. There might even be a face off between the former maid and the dictator president before their trial and demise (execution?).

What would drive the foundation chairman bonkers? A public announcement and possibly a video of her as a former maid who stole things from her employer's house, or her killing her mother, father, and the lascivious former chairman of SRF, among other people she herself killed or ordered to kill. Her minion, Jae Hee (?), could have secret recordings of her boss, as personal security, should things go south, since she knows how the lunatic makes rash decisions.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Ji Sung, GOT7’s Jinyoung, And Kim Jae Kyung Are Ready To Fight Back In “The Devil Judge”

Ji Sung, GOT7’s Jinyoung, And Kim Jae Kyung Are Ready To Fight Back In “The Devil Judge”

Aug 15, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “The Devil Judge” has released new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Devil Judge” is a drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

In one set of stills, Kim Ga On (GOT7’s Jinyoung) appears haggard as he deals with the aftermath of the tragedy that fell upon Yoon Soo Hyun (Park Gyu Young), whom he once called his everything. After hiding his feelings for the longest time in fear of ruining their friendship, he finally confessed to her, but tragedy struck not long after.

Kim Ga On’s face reveals his despair and the emptiness left in his life after losing Yoon Soo Hyun. Kang Yo Han watches on with a hint of pity in his eyes as Kim Ga On crumples on the floor.

Jinyoung-Ji-Sung.jpg

Another set of stills shows Kang Yo Han back at the court, determination radiating from his firm gaze. Previously, the President ordered the dissolution of the experimental court for causing societal unease and inciting tyranny while pretending to protect the country. It appeared to be a lowly scheme implemented in order to take the law away from Kang Yo Han and render him unable to use his skills.

When Kang Yo Han, Kim Ga On, and Oh Jin Joo (Kim Jae Kyung) meet back at the court, there appears to be a new air of determination surrounding them. Having had justice wrenched from their grip, the trio appear sturdier than ever before in their desperate attempt to get back what was taken from them.

Ji-Sung-Jinyoung-Kim-Jae-Kyung.jpg

To find out how the judges will flip the grim situation in their favor, tune in to the next episode of “The Devil Judge,” which airs on August 15 at 9 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483830wpp/ji-sung-got7s-jinyoung-and-kim-jae-kyung-are-ready-to-fight-back-in-the-devil-judge

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I just saw ep 13 ending and Soo Hyun got shot!!!! Damn.. can she liveee???? !!!! It just has to be near the heart, right.. coz YoHan was at kidney and he still can survive!!!! Gotta make her dead so its near the heart it is... normally a shot so far wouldnt even hit anything but for this drama, its a 100% target eliminated... damn it..

Darn, i was so shocked to see that scene... :tears::tears:

And YoHan had no reaction at all at the shooting scene.. like why is he like that... sighhh... 

Oh damn... just when they confess... really writer?????!!!... to kill her when she just got some information about Joseph??? And Go-On ah...... damnit... writer wants Gaon to stay with Yohan's family and killing off soo hyun was the way to do it? OMG...  ugh.. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

So Chief Justice Min resigned, but what bearing does it have on the people's court. He was known to the public and he was not shown presiding over a trial. And what is his real motive for going after Yo Han? Writers, please explain. It's the same issue with Soo Hyun.  That foolish old man is hiding something. Self-righteousness, my foot!

I think it's Yo Han's scare tactics to get the criminal to tell the court who instigated the chaos and murder. It seems like the military killed the doctor who was supposed to be a witness. There should be round-the-clock security on the criminal, although with the atrocious president having many minions, it would be easy to have someone slip into the jail cell and do away with the criminal/witness.

So now the puppet president who wants to become a dictator will release a virus. Hopefully he catches it and dies from it. He's this close to enraging the SRF chairman, so I guess there will be one-upmanship between them (Edit: They will really have a confrontation). The actor-president is very vocal and has loose lips so they know him well. But Sun Ah, while a member of the inner circle, is a mystery to them. They do not know what she's capable of and they have no idea that she has no qualms about killing people who crosses her path.

As usual, Ga On is back to his old self and cannot make up his own mind, swayed again by what others tell him. Based on the preview, there will be a lot of home truths he's bound to discover. And hopefully we'll get the answer as to whether Yo Han is the devil or not.

Spoiler

I still cannot put it past me. The actor playing Ga On has a one-dimensional expression. Deer-in-headlights, whether he's acting or posing for stills and his promo pics. They're all the same. This is my personal opinion.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I haven’t watched episode 14 yet (current watching episode 13 with subs) but was Yo Han behind Soo Hyun’s death? If so, then that’s super messed up…

Also I heard Ga On’s character goes a few steps back again. Not sure how I feel about it yet because I haven’t watched the episode but I was reading knetizens comments and all of they’re frustrated and annoyed lol.. they said that Ga On is 고구마, which is sweet potato in Korean and basically means that they are frustrated (because when you eat a sweet potato it can be dry and hard to eat without water) haha.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I LOVE KANG YO HAN(JI SUNG) SO MUCH!!!!!

The way he manipulated the court and used the president’s words against him was just wow. Ji Sung is so captivating to watch, gosh he’s so good, he’s such a great actor. Like I don’t get why people aren’t praising him more (twitter is all about Jinyoung who only moves me when he’s crying other than that I don’t really feel for his character) I’m in love with Ji Sung’s acting as charismatic judge Yohan and the way he mesmerizes the court audience. Even though I’m not part of the audience in the show, it’s like everything Yohan says is the truth (it’s after the show when I pause and think before I’m rational again, lol) and I get why that makes him such a dangerous person. 

Kang Yo Han has plans within his plans and it’s so great watching him switch from one plan to the next when his current one fails. Sometimes I’m annoyed at the writer for making Gaon a weakness for such a great character like Yohan. It was also quite chilling to watch him determine someone’s life and death just like that though with no inhibitions or doubt, but I feel no pity for Juk Chang. 

About what judge Min said about making the audience murderers, haven’t we all at one point in time become murderers? Yohan called this cheap justice in the comfort of our home, which is true. How many cases of serial killers or even homicides don’t people wish the perpetrators are actually killed which is why Yohan called it cheap justice since it’s only a wish and we’re not in a dystopian world where we can’t actually vote on the death of murderers. 

Judge Min loves his righteous justice so much gosh I can’t stand him. With all that’s going on in the country and unjust killings and evacuations, he’s not worried about justice for the innocent people being trampled upon by the foundation but rather he’s so obsessed with Yohan

since he’s manipulating the people’s thirst for justice against those in power. If the root cause of the problem wasn’t there(mistreatment of the people and unfair justice system), people like Yohan wouldn’t need to arise. Instead of him to concentrate on that he’s obsessed with Yohan. Gosh I can’t stand that Supreme Court judge

The people with the most to gain from getting the CCTV of the church fire were the foundation members so it’s obvious they could also have hid Jung Joseph. Gaon knows this too so why is he so quick to jump on the Yohan killed Soo Hyun train? Like is Gaon not using his brains?

While it RickRoll'D me off that Gaon betrayed Yohan, I’m kinda glad because it’ll let Juk Chang know that he would have died without the president stopping the execution. Now if Yohan manipulates him well enough, he can get JukChang to say the virus was false and oust the president.

its taken more than two episodes to get rid of at least one of the remaining 4 foundation people. Then again taking down a president of a country is no easy feat. We’ve seen less of Sunah this week so I’m excited for the final showdown between her and Yohan as she’s shown manipulating Gaon using Jung Joseph from the previews. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

29 minutes ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

Ji Sung is so captivating to watch, gosh he’s so good, he’s such a great actor. Like I don’t get why people aren’t praising him more (twitter is all about Jinyoung who only moves me when he’s crying other than that I don’t really feel for his character) 

Jinyoung is an idol and his fanbase is very active on twitter. I've given up searching The Devil Judge hashtag on twitter because it's all about Jinyoung. Ji Sung doesn't have such a mobilized fanbase, but he's topped the buzzworthy actors list for several weeks straight so at least he's getting buzz in South Korea.

4 hours ago, reddragon said:

So Chief Justice Min resigned, but what bearing does it have on the people's court. He was known to the public and he was not shown presiding over a trial. And what is his real motive for going after Yo Han? Writers, please explain. It's the same issue do away with the criminal/witness.

Hide contents

I still cannot put it past me. The actor playing Ga On has a one-dimensional expression. Deer-in-headlights, whether he's acting or posing for stills and his promo pics. They're all the same. This is my personal opinion.

I might be alone in this, but I don't need Justice Min to have some hidden motive. He's a self-righteous man with blinders on, but he was not wrong in his initial assessment that Yo-han is a dangerous person. Just the fact that Yo-han was a force behind the People's Court should scare any righteous judge. Yo-han is a dangerous person who has broken the law and manipulated public opinion, it's just that Yo-han is the lesser of the evils right now, which makes Justice Min look foolish.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Urgh.. just finish ep14... RIP soo Hyun ah... :tears:

(Im glad the actress got a new lead with KMJ! 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483994wpp/kim-min-jae-park-gyu-young-and-kwon-yool-preview-fun-chemistry-at-script-reading-for-new-drama)

Ep 14 has too many flashbacks... feels a bit slow...though im glad Gaon at least showed his grief...

Chief Justice Min actually didnt impress me in this drama. Beside being Gaon's mentor, and creating doubts on Gaon's mind about Yohan's misdeeds, he is not a fav character...

Did Yohan actually wanted to kill Juk Chang? I wish he will tell his fellow judges his plans, so they wouldnt work behind his back...sigh..

Preview of ep15, is Yohan the one who ordered the church fire.. i really doubt it. As usual, previews can be misleading... 

Sigh, still cant get over Soo Hyun's death.. 

Oh by the way, i hate Yohan's hair at home...i mean seriously, hair covering the eyes? I wish i cant cut that hair so he can look better at home :phew:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I thought the real fire starter was Elijah.  Wasn't she alone in a room full of lit candles shortly before the fire broke out? Is it possible Yohan already knows because his brothers dying words were telling him?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4
  • Blob 1

Okay I just finished watching episode 14 and I thought Elijah wouldn’t be the cause of the fire, but I change my mind. WHAT IF Elijah was caught on the CCTV or something starting the chapel fire and in order to protect Elijah, Yo Han paid Joseph or told him to go into hiding to never let the case about the chapel to come up again??? Omg I feel like that might be a possible case. Either that or…I’m not sure what else a possibility could be. I really and never thought for a moment that Yo Han was the cause of the fire.

Oh Ga On, Ga On, Ga On… I really want to like you but sometimes you just want me to facepalm. I mentioned before about Ga On’s character and how he takes a few steps forward and then a few steps back. We see him take a few steps back once again because of Soo Hyun. Actually when he was first talking to Min Jeong Ho, Ga On was trying to tell his professor otherwise about what the professor was saying about Yo Han (I like it because character development from Ga On), but of course Min Jeong Ho has to bring up the ONE PERSON who would influence Ga On and his decision, Soo Hyun. Now I kinda do understand his feelings in this situation because Soo Hyun did die so mentioning her would have more of an impact on Ga On. I just don’t like how we see Ga On trying to stab Yo Han in the preview. Goodness..

The scene with Elijah and Yo Han trying to sympathize/comfort Ga On was super cute and funny. I love that Ga On is back at Yo Han’s house LOL! :lol:

Ugh hopefully we see the foundation go down next episode because I really can’t stand them. I think Yo Han was trying to make the guy talk and mention Heo Joong Se but I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually died from the electrocute chair… Some times Yo Han’s rulings are scary for me, that’s just for me though haha..

We have two episodes left so let’s see what our Devil Team does next episode and bring the foundation down.. Please can we just see Ga On and Yo Han not fight? I want a happy ending for Yo Han, Elijah and Ga On. Go away Min Jeong Ho. Go away Sun Ah. Go away rest of the dudes in power that I don’t know the names of. Also hopefully we discover the truth of the fire next episode too

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

The Devil Judge: Episode 13

by quirkycase

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/DJ13-01177.jpg

Our devilish judge struggles to pick himself up from his catastrophic loss, knowing the fight isn’t over yet. When the president outlines extreme new emergency measures due to the supposed outbreak, our team works to expose the truth with help from an unexpected source. Determined not to lose what’s precious to him, our youngest judge puts it all on the line in an effort to win back his best friend.

EPISODE 13 RECAP

After vowing to give Sun-ah a lonely death, Yo-han struggles to remain standing due to the freaking hole in his abdomen. Sun-ah shows Yo-han a video of Ga-on fending off attackers and wonders how Yo-han will save him now. She blows Yo-han a kiss and leaves with Jae-hee.

Yo-han staggers over to the railing and sees his lackey’s body below. He lets out a scream. Yo-han stumbles down the stairs and calls Soo-hyun, sending her to save Ga-on.

He kneels beside his lackey’s body and strokes his hair, bemoaning his difficult life. Yo-han finally succumbs to his pain and collapses to the ground. He calls Elijah, but she doesn’t pick up.

Ga-on tears through the streets with Jukchang and his gang on his heels. Soo-hyun arrives in the nick of time, yelling at Ga-on to get in the car. Elsewhere, Attorney Go and Detective Jo are attacked, and the actress is kidnapped and tossed into an SRF Dream Village van. Damn, Sun-ah really is going after everyone.

In the car, Ga-on shares that he got a call telling him Justice Min was in danger, but Soo-hyun says Justice Min is perfectly fine at the hospital. Ga-on realizes he was lured there and wonders how Soo-hyun found him. She lies that she heard about the incident on the police radio.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/the-devil-judge-episode-13/

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Ga On is so impulsive and easy to manipulate. Very weak characterization! He seems like a puppet whose strings can be manipulated so easily. Even the female judge is better than him. He never uses his brain. How can he be so impulsive and emotional when holding such an important position? Also, it was just too much to take when his cop friend came running to his rescue. Woman, he does not need rescuing. He is not a child who needs rescuing. There are people with him. He doesn't need you to mother him. Am I surprised she was shot and dead? No, because that whole plot was so weak, the situation preposterous! The writer needed something to turn him against the Yo Han.

That Chief Justice was always a shady character. His motives were never clear. I am waiting to see Go On cry tears of regret for the trouble he is going to create. Let's just hope he doesn't do too much of damage while trying to be gallant and so righteous. Just get your facts right before being impulsive and acting so emotionally. A Judge must keep an open mind and not be so irrational, impulsive and emotional!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Ga On back to who he was. I agree with @confusedheart326 Chingu that Jin Joo is much better than him, since she at least did use her mind and realize how she was being used. She didn't continue to blindly trust the foundation people on the virus incident. If I am being honest, Ga On is not really fit for being a judge actually. He is too emotional, can be manipulated very easily and these 2 qualities are something which a judge shouldn't ideally have. What's worse is that he acts impulsively without thinking. 

For the first time in the drama, Yo Han asked his associate judges to understand him as he has got a plan. Yes, while Yo Han's punishment might sound very harsh and inhumane, but, this is actually a punishment in many countries. So I wasn't as shocked (of course the electric chair caught me off guard), but as I said, in many countries, the punishment for murder is death penalty. Plus, I actually think Yo Han didn't really intend to kill that guy, but wanted to make him talk. I think he was going to stop just before the intensity would be enough to kill him, and ask him for the final time if he really did it himself. But then again, we would never come to know about this since Ga On ended up ruining a lot of things, and not only this one. 

Coming back to the punishment, technically speaking, Juk Chang had prior crimes of hitting people to pulp, and this time he killed a person. We also know how easily he got away from paying for the first crime, and even took off his ankle bracelet. So if Yo Han really intended to kill him, it would be because he knew no matter what kind of punishment he would give him, Juk Chang would be free again, and of course he would do worse things. The guys Yo Han is against, are capable of changing a criminal in the jail. 

Now coming to Justice Min, this dude to me is an obsessed guy, just like Soo Hyun was when it comes to Yo Han. The dude literally didn't even bat an eye when he came to know that the fraud who conned Ga On's parents was switched by someone else in the prison, while all he talks about is how Yo Han is ruining the court, making it a show etc. Now I don't understand how all his protests against the live court happen when the foundation guys desperately want the live court to be stopped. 

Also I think the person who actually used Ga On was Justice Min. All he talks about is Justice, acts as a righteous person, and still used his student (and someone he knew since that guy was a high school kid) to spy on fellow judge, just because he was suspicious of him. So spying on fellow judge is allowed, as long as you are on the right path. Now I don't understand why and how Yo Han is different, since some of his methods included spying on the bad guys to get info on them and use it against them. At the same time, I didn't really like how Justice Min actually used Soo Hyun to convince Ga On. Also how he tried to make him suspect Yo Han to be the one actually behind her murder.

I am also kinda suspicious of him, since all he cries about is the "Live Court", while, he does not really care what mess the current government and President are creating. He is blindly blaming Yo Han for the current situation of the country, and it is just ridiculous. If the likes of him had done their work right, I don't even think Yo Han would think the need to become a Devil Judge. I don't even see Justice Min thinking or talking about something other than Yo Han. Like he does not really suspect the President who is literally a clown in front of the cameras too, and changes his words from what he said in one Press Con when he holds another one. Does he really think the Prosecution is doing a fine job, or the foundation people are doing the right job going after poor like that? He almost lost his family to the schemes of foundation guys, and yet we don't see him talk about them or bringing justice to those poor people or even raise his voice against them. What we see is, "Yo Han is going to kill someone in sacred court, we got to stop him, I resign".

Dude literally doesn't care about people being killed by the foundation guys, or worry about the people being taken away by the foundation guys. So I don't really see Justice Min as a good guy here, all he speaks about is Justice and how wrong Yo Han is, and still does not raise voice against what is happening in the country. His only concern seems to be the Live Court. 

At the same time, Ga On's claim on "Live Court" being fake is something I feel a lie. Technically speaking, Yo Han did choose the cases, used some wrong methods to get the guys, but he did prove that they were actually the bad guys. He might have used a lawyer from his team, or used a fake witness to spark the courage in others, but at the same time the ones he punished were actually the bad guys and at the same time he actually followed people's votes. Now I am not saying Yo Han was completely right in the live court, but calling live court fake is kinda over-exaggerating in my opinion. 

Talking about the fire incident, I actually think @ferily and @GingerK Chingus could be right and that Elijah could be the cause of it. It would be interesting, and may explain why Soo Hyun didn't really talk about it before dying. I still think, if it was Yo Han, she would say it to Ga On before saying "I Love You", since keeping Ga On safe would be more important for her. 

Looking forward to the final 2 episodes. I hope Yo Han does not die, but I want to see Ga On regret big time for ruining it all. @ferily Chingu, you correctly said, whenever he moves some step forward, he ends up moving backwards after sometime, which is now becoming frustrating. Because whenever you think "Wow, finally some character development for him", he goes back to who he was. 

Chingus, the poll is up for the 13-14 episodes, please don't forget to vote

Tagging: @larus, @backstreetboysfan, @Maetawinz, @ferily, @ponderings, @LeftCoastOppa, @qynn, @admonike, @noor1, @andy78, @tulip06, @marrez1, @Ameera Ali, @taekwang, @Di_Ya, @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr, @Madu Mita, @lebeaucouple, @Mic gon, @lilyphenix, @blademan, @Runa Chatterjee, @lila21, @smhelen, @mystic62, @rocher22, @Thong Thin, @Alice_Mady, @blue003, @ammu82, @Maliah, @KY L, @Kvothe, @reddragon

re: @Lmangla, @partyon, @agenth, @confusedheart326

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2