[Drama 2021] The Devil Judge ⚖️ 악마판사

Maetawinz

Ji Sung Is Both Down-To-Earth And Hard-Working On Set Of “The Devil Judge”

Ji Sung Is Both Down-To-Earth And Hard-Working On Set Of “The Devil Judge”

Aug 3, 2021
by L. Kim

Ji Sung’s agency Namoo Actors shared new behind-the-scenes photos of the actor on the set of his latest drama “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is a drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Ji Sung is receiving praise for his passionate performance in “The Devil Judge.” Through his brilliant acting, he is showing a never-before-seen side of him, and thanks to his diligent efforts to bring Kang Yo Han to life, viewers are able to immerse into the story.

The new photos show Ji Sung’s unique charms while filming the drama. Viewers can see the actor’s unrelenting passion for acting as he sincerely rehearses his parts and meticulously monitors his performance afterward.

ji-sung-1.jpg

Ji Sung also brings warmth to the set with his playful nature. In one photo, he makes viewers laugh with his adorable pout. In another photo, he takes a staff member’s role with a serious look on his face.

ji-sung-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482071wpp/ji-sung-is-both-down-to-earth-and-hard-working-on-set-of-the-devil-judge

The Devil Judge: Episode 9

by quirkycase

Our judge duo plans their next move after getting a lead on the whereabouts of a certain missing criminal. Once again, our young judge is faced with a potentially life-altering decision about what vengeance is worth to him. Meanwhile, the new chairwoman of the SRF throws herself into her role of “supporting” The People’s Live Court despite resistance from all but one judge on the bench.

While Ga-on tells Yo-han he’s ready to join the fight, Yo-han gets a call from a panicked Elijah. They rush over to where Soo-hyun is facing off with the violent nationalists. As she deals with the men, she hears Elijah scream. One of the men has opened her car door and is trying to grab her.

Thankfully, Yo-han and Ga-on arrive in time to help. Ga-on hops out and pulls the man off Elijah before punching him in the face. Once Yo-han sees that Ga-on has Elijah, he walks over to the crowd. The men are awed to see their hero.

Soo-hyun slowly lowers her gun and arrests the leader for assault. Although the look she throws at Yo-han says she’d like to arrest him too, she lets him leave. Yo-han picks up Elijah and drives her home in silence.

Yo-han is livid at Soo-hyun, but Elijah argues it’s not her fault they happened across those guys. Soo-hyun – who Elijah is calling “unni” now – took her out for tteokbokki. She informs Yo-han that besides Soo-hyun, there’s not a single person she can grab tteokbokki with. He sighs as he watches her storm into her room.

When Ga-on arrives home, he assures Yo-han that Soo-hyun is a good person who cares about Elijah. How much longer does Yo-han think he can manage raising a teenage girl alone?

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/the-devil-judge-episode-9/

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

The Devil Judge: Episode 10

by quirkycase

DJ10-00595.jpg

It’s time to move onto the next trial, and our vengeful duo has the perfect target. The rash of vigilante attacks continues, giving our judges the chance for personal payback and to deal a blow to the president. Meanwhile, a certain minister investigates intel on the SRF chairwoman, looking for any cracks in her façade.

EPISODE 10

DJ10-00015.jpg

Ga-on finds Yo-han in the study building a house of cards, which is apparently the only thing he knows how to play with cards. When Ga-on is surprised he never played games with his family or friends, Yo-han shoots him a look that says Ga-on should know him better than to assume he had friends.

Ga-on thanks him for catching Young-choon, but Yo-han says they’ve still got floors to climb. He’s not sure how many but destroying the whole house will be fun. He acts like he’s going to topple his house of cards and then teases Ga-on for believing he’d do it.

Ga-on has traced back Jukchang’s (which translates to “Bamboo Spear”) violence to President Heo telling his followers to take to the streets to “make Korea safe.” In one of President Heo’s livestreams from four years ago, he laments that low-class foreigners are taking Koreans’ jobs.

He starts spouting some racist, xenophobic rhetoric about how there won’t be “pure” Koreans anymore. President Heo says they need to protect the country with a “bamboo spear.” His wife stops him when he starts talking about building a “patriotic” army.

The camera pans to a crew member: Jukchang. He was a fan of President Heo’s who even worked on his campaign. Ga-on firmly agrees with Yo-han’s suggestion they put him on trial. Yo-han knocks down his house of cards.

Elsewhere, Sun-ah promises the boys she’ll keep Yo-han on a tight leash. Chairman Park thinks they should move forward with the Dream Village. They discuss all the people they need to round up: the poor, dissidents, and “illegal immigrants.” President Heo argues he can’t trust the government, so he’ll leave it in the hands of the loyal group he’s building.

At the Ministry of Justice, Minister Cha is frustrated that her assistant hasn’t verified the info they got on Sun-ah yet. She’s largely unconcerned when he brings up the violent attacks on foreign laborers and women, especially because no one has died.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/the-devil-judge-episode-10/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Does anyone know why Soo Hyun is so obsessed with Yo Han? Was it already explained?

I agree with some of the chingus here that her role in this drama is forgettable. Even without her the story will move along. Her actions are difficult to explain. She even placed an innocent civilian's life in danger. She failed to tell the child to lock the doors, considering that she's a police officer and has a civilian passenger who cannot walk. She should have called the incident in and requested back up, instead of rushing head on into the fray. She hasn't done any police work worthy of praise. She does whatever she wants to do. She should just resign from her post and establish a detective agency so she can do all the investigative work she wants.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

My apologies for the late reviews.

Episode 10 is better than I expected because this is a subject matter that is currently happening in the US especially with its governments and as a woman, I am glad that Jin Joo plays a crucial part by voicing that we women don't belong to anyone during the trial. 

For once, Soo Hyun was likable in this one. Collaborating with Yo Han and Ga On to catch the social media influencer.  She at least listens to Ga On that Yo Han is not like the other rich high people when she questioned him spending time at his home.

Sun Ah really didn't know when to back down.  Her trigger was the mere mentioning of her previous life as a maid.  Yo Han did repeatedly warn her but she still kept interfering his plans just for him due to her twisted obsession.  What separates from her and our judge was that YH is still struggling with his lack of empathies but still prioritizes his niece's well being to halt his plans to have diner with her, the maid and Ga Oh and enjoy the meal together while Sun Ah pretty much focuses on herself, possibly manipulating people, especially women who have similar background as her, to gain more power.  That is bit of the episode shows she now wants to kill YH for the humiliations.

On the funny side, Ga Oh painfully discovers why the family avoiding eating the food the maid has prepared.   And Elijah helped out with the security breach.

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

ee0b0765929045f5ae7b3d3ca27206ec.jpeg?s=

Kim Min Jung Is Thrilled To Join Ji Sung, GOT7’s Jinyoung, And Jeon Chae Eun For A Meal In “The Devil Judge”

Aug 7, 2021

by L. Kim

Kim Min Jung has been invited to Ji Sung’s home for dinner in “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is a drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

In the drama, Jung Sun Ah (Kim Min Jung) continuously showed her obsession for Kang Yo Han and shared her memories of the time she was a maid at his mansion. However, at the end of the previous episode, Jung Sun Ah believed that Kang Yo Han had intentionally leaked her past to Cha Kyung Hee (Jang Young Nam) and vowed to tear him apart.

In a new sneak peek of the drama’s next episode, Jung Sun Ah, Kang Yo Han, Kim Ga On (GOT7’s Jinyoung), and Kang Elijah (Jeon Chae Eun) share an odd dinner at Kang Yo Han’s mansion. It’s questionable to see Jung Sun Ah joining Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On for a meal when they were at each other’s throats just the other day.

the-devil-judge-1.jpg

Jung Sun Ah seems quite satisfied that she has returned to the mansion as a guest and not a maid. Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On are regarding her with polite smiles, but Kang Elijah is sitting at the table with a sulky expression.

Spoiler

got7-jinyoung.jpg

Spoiler

Jeon-Chae-Eun.jpg

Spoiler

kim-min-jung1.jpg

ji-sung1.jpg

There are many speculations about how Jung Sun Ah, who was furious enough to kill Kang Yo Han, and Kang Yo han, who is attempting to punish everyone in the Social Responsibility Foundation, are able to face each other with good-natured smiles. Their tense yet subtle psychological warfare will raise many questions, and it will be intriguing to find out what they’re hiding behind their smiling faces.

“The Devil Judge” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482598wpp/kim-min-jung-is-thrilled-to-join-ji-sung-got7s-jinyoung-and-jeon-chae-eun-for-a-meal-in-the-devil-judge

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Episode 11 definitely was more centric on Cha Kyung Hee and our Devil team bringing her down. I expected her to take her life at the end of the episode so I'm not surprised there. I feel bad for her family because they only have her but Minister Cha decided to take her life because she values her position, power and title more than her family. That's the way I see it. She rather be dead then be brought down from her position, which she "worked so hard to get to." 

But what I'm more shocked at is the fact that Ga On was looking for the file even after she took her life... She was dead but Ga On still searched her body for the file. My goodness. I was reading some of k-netizens comments and they were saying that Ga On changed because of Yo Han. Also it looks like Soo Hyun will find out the truth too next episode, about Ga On working with Yo Han.

I  love the scene with Ga On, Elijah and the housekeeper playing Jenga and then Ga On gets Yo Han to play with Elijah, but they've been playing for 2 hours straight :lol: Honestly the two are alike in so many ways haha. We can see that Ga On is understanding Yo Han more and more, especially with that flashback we got of Ga On talking to the priest and saying that Yo Han as a child actually wanted to join them playing.

Another interesting episode and I'm curious to see what will happen in Episode 12. It looks like Yo Han will get hurt and shot next episode. I wonder what will be of Ga On.. Does Yo Han get hurt because he's trying to protect Ga On? We will have to see...

Also last thing but Ga On mentions that he will definitely do something to Soo Hyun after all this work is done. I am assuming that it's confessing to Soo Hyun. I feel like their feelings have always been mutual... I actually like the two together, not sure if I'm in the minority for this opinion.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

On the question of Sun-Ah or Cha Kyung Hee, looks like I was way wrong -

I know that both are doomed, but still, I liked Cha Kyung Hee as a villain more than Sun-Ah, plus the way all these "witnesses" suddenly fell in line, left a plot hole you could drive the truck of doom through ... Cha Kyung Hee could've simply called for the full investigation, herself included - tell Yo-Han, if I go down, so do you. At the very least, she should've dropped the bomb on Sun-Ah as promised - that double cross was a nice surprise though, Sun-Ah is in it for the long game. 

7 hours ago, ferily said:

But what I'm more shocked at is the fact that Ga On was looking for the file even after she took her life... She was dead but Ga On still searched her body for the file. My goodness. I was reading some of k-netizens comments and they were saying that Ga On changed because of Yo Han. Also it looks like Soo Hyun will find out the truth too next episode, about Ga On working with Yo Han.

I have the same issues, I don't like the direction they've taken Ga-On.  I thought he was working to take down Yo-Han from the inside but after that scene searching the body, I'm just cringing at what he's become.  I think losing Soo Hyun will start to bring him back ...

7 hours ago, ferily said:

Also last thing but Ga On mentions that he will definitely do something to Soo Hyun after all this work is done. I am assuming that it's confessing to Soo Hyun. I feel like their feelings have always been mutual... I actually like the two together, not sure if I'm in the minority for this opinion.

I'm part of the minority as well - However, with the recent turn of events I see her being the one that eventually arrests him, or he turns himself into her - I think in the end Ga-On will go quietly to jail for a time, and she will be waiting for him when he gets out. Or maybe she stops him before he goes to far, just as she has done before -

Long wait for tomorrows episode ...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Elijah being so excited over playing another game of Jenga with Yohan simply gave me all the warm fuzzies.

Sun Ah being all happy to sit down at a family meal even while knowing she was being worked made me a bit sad.
  • Like 6
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I know that both are doomed, but still, I liked Cha Kyung Hee as a villain more than Sun-Ah, plus the way all these "witnesses" suddenly fell in line, left a plot hole you could drive the truck of doom through ... Cha Kyung Hee could've simply called for the full investigation, herself included - tell Yo-Han, if I go down, so do you. At the very least, she should've dropped the bomb on Sun-Ah as promised - that double cross was a nice surprise though, Sun-Ah is in it for the long game. 

Yeah,I mean Cha Kyung Hee did not get to where she is by being easily manipulated. They made her so pitiful and desperate in this episode she went to the "president". Just like Judge Min said, Yohan has played the court of justice as a place to play his games. As a former star prosecutor who rose to be the the Minister of Justice, Cha would have seen through how Yohan operated and would have known how to counter. I can't believe they killed her in this episode. I was looking forward to more Cha vs Yohan vs Sun Ah match. 

Was Gaon blaming Cha for his parents death? The swindler was bad, got caught and was imprisoned but Cha switched him and got him free for her own reasons. But did her parents know that he was switched in prison? Gaon's father lost all his wealth and committed suicide. It is true that the swindler was a scoundrel and caused his father emotional distress and despair but suicide is a personal choice. His father killed himself, the aftermath of that for Gaon would be feeling pain and emotional anguish and looking for somebody to blame for his father's choice. Cha bent the law many times but she did not kill his parents. So, is Gaon's justice in this episode about Cha committing suicide? When Cha asked for a smoke with her cigars before making a decision, and asked to be left alone, I am wondering why Yohan who is supposed to be good at observing, reading and manipulating people, not even have an inkling of Cha's suicidal intentions. He knew she carries a gun.

What was that about Gaon remembering Yohan's classmates not wanting to play with him when he talked to the priest? Was that not over many episodes ago and why did the priest look like the younger version of the dead spiritual leader for the foundation? I thought for a minute that he came back to life.

11 hours ago, ferily said:

But what I'm more shocked at is the fact that Ga On was looking for the file even after she took her life... She was dead but Ga On still searched her body for the file. My goodness. I was reading some of k-netizens comments and they were saying that Ga On changed because of Yo Han.

I think Gaon changed when he turned his back on his mentor and friend Judge Min and chose Yo Han. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

34 minutes ago, lila21 said:

I am wondering why Yohan who is supposed to be good at observing, reading and manipulating people, not even have an inkling of Cha's suicidal intentions. He knew she carries a gun.

A very good point, to which I'd add - Once Cha decided to kill herself, why not take Yo-Han with her? He's clearly the architect of her demise, simply call him back in, and allow the door to close behind him, she pulls the gun out from under the desk, and its over ... no way to cross the room/desk to stop her, and no way to get back through the door. 

Again, I know she's a doomed, but the way she ends does not do her character justice ... no pun intended :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Seeing Cha Kyung Hee go down like this was something I didn't really like her. There were ways for her to go after Yo Han, and as @LeftCoastOppa Chingu said, the least she could do was take Yo Han with herself to hell. Is this her final way of revenge, since her suicide will also make people think it was Yo Han who pushed her to take the extreme step? Let's see how things will unfold further. 

Coming back to that scene, I was shocked. Not with her suicide, the moment she asked for the gun and decided to meet Yo Han, I knew she was going that way. I actually thought she would kill herself in the car after meeting with Yo Han. Well, she did it much later. But the shocking thing was Yo Han and Ga On's opposite reactions. While Yo Han was clearly too shocked about it, since I think he never thought she would go that way, Ga On was more about finding the evidence rather than thinking about Cha Kyung Hee killing herself, which I think old Ga On would go crazy over. 

I still don't understand which way this drama is going and why Yo Han is specifically going after the foundation people. Is it revenge for his brother's death? Technically those people were also victim of that fire incident and I don't think they had a hand in it, at least for now it seems to be the case. At the same time, I am not understanding Sun Ah as well. What does she really want? Yo Han's affections? She was clearly touched by it all. Is she driver by her thirst for power to control people and be the King Maker? Or, is it just greed? I am still not sure about her. Are they really pushing her for being ultimate baddie or will we see Yo Han continue to work with her? 

I loved how once again Yo Han turned tables live in front of everyone. While last week I had thought it was Sun Ah's attack at him, seeing Cha Kyung Hee try to do it using Sun Ah, I had thought it would be a set up against her, which actually did happen. Cha Kyung Hee lost twice while working with Sun Ah, although the first one was because of Yo Han being smarter than them. 

The best part of the episode was Yo Han playing with Elijah. Episode by episode we see her smile more brightly, and we are seeing Yo Han change too. Loved how they continued to play for 2 hours. Both are very smart and competitive. It was interesting to see Ga On understand and take Yo Han's side when the priest told him about Yo Han looking at them from far while they played. While I do understand that the Priest dude and other kids saw him as a devil or monster, but still judging him that way is not something I would ever understand. Of course as kids they wouldn't understand more, but as we grow we see things differently. Still, I was happy that Ga On knew about what exactly Yo Han felt. 

As for Jin Joo, I am kinda confused. Is she playing with those 2 dudes from the foundation or falling into their trap? While I do understand she getting manipulated by Sun Ah, but the foundation guys are known to be corrupt and Jin Joo does know Yo Han is after them, so I think those 2 guys might end up in trouble here. But then again, you never know with this lady, she very easily got manipulated by Sun Ah, and since she has become quite a lot ambitious, will she make the deal with Devil, since they hinted Yo Han did the same. 

Soo Hyun is actually making things personal here. She is going after every Ga On's targets, which I still don't like. Since it is not the way how you do things. She got to separate her personal and professional life. Let's see how she what she will do with Ga On in the 12th episode. From the looks of preview, she will let them go. But would she let Yo Han go, if he was along at the scene? This is something I really wonder, since all talk about about being righteous and other stuff changes when the person in front of you is someone you know, you love. So of course, if she does let them leave, well I will not really take her "righteous" talks seriously, not that I did before, but yeah now it will be clear that they are just words. But let's see. We do see her slap him though, and also act like a concerned parent asking Yo Han to leave him alone. She still has got almost 0 involvement in the plot so far. 

The preview seems to be interesting, with Yo Han seemingly getting shot. Let's see what happens in this drama. But I am still not so impressed by the writing here. I really hope we see this drama ending properly. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@Sleepy Owl @LeftCoastOppa Cha Kyung Hee’s death scene is quite anti-climatic, if you think about it.. All of this happens to her and the moment she’s alone in her office, she decides to commit suicide. I agree with you guys that she could’ve done SOMETHING before committing suicide. She basically admitted to her defeat and decided to take her life because of it.

Also @Sleepy Owl chingu, I don’t understand Jin Joo as well :joy: Honestly at this point I don’t really like her character at all and see the point of her. When she was first introduced, I was intrigued because it seems like she had a past but at this point she’s become a minion of Sun Ah. Kind of disappointed at her character development so far.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingu said, the least she could do was take Yo Han with herself to hell. Is this her final way of revenge, since her suicide will also make people think it was Yo Han who pushed her to take the extreme step? Let's see how things will unfold further. 

I just re-watched after subs. As both you and @LeftCoastOppasaid, Cha was in a position to take down everyone with her including Yohan and the members of the Foundation because she has the files. By her suicide, she now has given those files to Yohan if they find it. I hope before she died she sent the files to someone whom she knows has the guts to do the right thing about it. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Ji Sung Coolly Faces Kim Min Jung’s Threatening Attack In “The Devil Judge”

eb38ac36a4ac4dde8f9db5f9c3d3c47f.jpeg?s=

Aug 8, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “The Devil Judge” revealed new nail-biting stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Devil Judge” is a drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

The new stills reveal a shocking moment where Jung Sun Ah (Kim Min Jung) aims a gun towards Kang Yo Han’s heart. Despite the situation being one that could easily end in his death, Kang Yo Han shows no signs of anxiety or fear and simply stares back at her in his usual cool and composed manner.

Ji-Sung2.jpg

In another still, Jung Sun Ah flashes a chilling smile, as if the entire situation is some sort of game to her. The way she toys with a person’s life once again reveals the cruelness of her true nature that aided her in reaching the position she now occupies. Once she takes the gun in her hand, however, her features grow frosty as she faces Kang Yo Han with bloodthirsty eyes.

Kim-Min-Jung2.jpg

Previously, Kang Yo Han exposed the corruption of the higher-ups in the Social Responsibility Foundation, creating uncertainty in the dystopian Korea’s future. Kang Yo Han even invited Jung Sun Ah to his mansion as a guest, a far cry from the days she spent there working as a maid. Although Kang Yo Han succeeded in getting Jung Sun Ah’s cooperation in catching Cha Kyung Hee (Jang Young Nam), his plans were upended when Cha Kyung Hee took her own life.

Viewers are curious to see if the pair will be able to cooperate once more despite their attitudes towards each other undergoing drastic changes yet again.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482740wpp/ji-sung-coolly-faces-kim-min-jungs-threatening-attack-in-the-devil-judge

• Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, ferily said:

I don’t understand Jin Joo as well :joy: Honestly at this point I don’t really like her character at all and see the point of her. When she was first introduced, I was intrigued because it seems like she had a past but at this point she’s become a minion of Sun Ah. Kind of disappointed at her character development so far.

Jin Joo has no story. For the past episodes, we see snippets of her now and then and I have not seen her interact with Sun Ah that much to call her a minion. I think she has her own agenda that she might fight for and we don't know because her story has not been told.  It has been hinted in the few scenes she was in, that she is ambitious but doesn't everyone? The only thing in this episode is her meeting with those Foundation guys. What does she know about the Foundation or not know? 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1