[Drama 2021] The Devil Judge ⚖️ 악마판사

Maetawinz

The Devil Judge: Episode 12

by quirkycase

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/DJ12-00994.jpg

Our avenging judges butt heads about where to go next in the wake of the recent tragedy and find their differences may be irreconcilable. As our young judge reevaluates his role in this fight, the chairwoman discovers her position may be more precarious than she thought. In a desperate bid to get what she wants, she takes drastic measures that might end up costing her more than she bargained for.

EPISODE 12 RECAP

Soo-hyun is shocked to see Ga-on beside Minister Cha’s body and, in a panic, demands to know what he’s doing here. Yo-han steps in and explains Minister Cha committed suicide. Is Soo-hyun going to arrest them?

She stares at Ga-on for a long moment before lowering her gun. “Go,” she tells him shakily. Ga-on is reluctant to leave like this, but Yo-han pushes him out the door. Once they’re gone, Soo-hyun calls in the suicide.

Looking around, Soo-hyun realizes that Ga-on left a bloody handprint on the table. After a moment of internal struggle, she sobs and begins wiping it off.

When President Heo hears the news, he immediately sends someone to Minister Cha’s office to look for the file she kept on him. Meanwhile, in the car, Ga-on starts to panic. Yo-han reaches over and puts a hand on his arm until he calms.

The next day, the news reports that Minister Cha committed suicide. There were no suspicious circumstances. Ga-on is still reeling and lashes out at Yo-han, although he knows it’s not his fault.

Yo-han tells him to forget this failure. It’s time to move on to the next plan because the file is no doubt in President Heo’s hands now. Sure enough, President Heo extracts a SIM card from the top of the cigar Minister Cha smoked before she died.

Ga-on nervously goes to see Soo-hyun, but she won’t speak to him. When he catches up to her, she slaps him in the face and grabs him by the lapels. Does he know she got rid of evidence for him?

They’re both crying as he apologizes and she demands to know what he’s been up to with Yo-han. Ga-on is silent. “Never appear in front of me again, Kim Ga-on,” Soo-hyun says through her tears. She walks away, leaving Ga-on devastated.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/the-devil-judge-episode-12/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Ji Sung Nervously Looks On As Kim Min Jung Unexpectedly Visits His Niece In “The Devil Judge”

871855cdde374570bad33ec33d6bd312.jpeg?s=

Aug 14, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “The Devil Judge” has shared a suspenseful sneak peek of its next episode!

“The Devil Judge” is a drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Devil Judge,” Jung Sun Ah (played by Kim Min Jung) sent Kang Yo Han’s associate K (Lee Ki Taek) plummeting to his death as the injured judge helplessly looked on. As she proved just how vicious she could be, even the normally unfazed Kang Yo Han was visibly shaken by her cruelty.

In the drama’s upcoming episode, Jung Sun Ah will once again make Kang Yo Han’s blood run cold. After waltzing into the judge’s home, she casually sits for tea with his young niece Elijah (played by Jeon Chae Eun) with an innocent smile. Then, as he nervously shoots daggers at her with his eyes, she rises to place her hands on Elijah’s shoulders—dangerously close to her neck—in a feigned display of affection.

Making the scene even more chilling is the fact that in the last episode, when she sent K to his death, Jung Sun Ah told Kang Yo Han, “I want you to be lonely, young master. Just like me.” After insinuating that she wants to eliminate everyone near Kang Yo Han that he holds dear, it is especially alarming that Jung Sun Ah has managed to get so close to his beloved niece.

Kim-Min-Jung3.jpg

Kim-Min-Jung-Jeon-Chae-Eun.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1483711wpp/ji-sung-nervously-looks-on-as-kim-min-jung-unexpectedly-visits-his-niece-in-the-devil-judge

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Ji Sung And GOT7’s Jinyoung Enter The Chaotic Slums With New Plans In “The Devil Judge”

6af274eefa884f0cb5ce1b6b7373523e.jpeg?s=

Aug 14, 2021
by L. Kim

Ji Sung and GOT7’s Ji Sung will hatch a new plan in the upcoming episode of “The Devil Judge”!

“The Devil Judge” is a drama set in an alternate-universe, dystopian version of Korea where the entire nation participates in a trial through a live broadcast courtroom show. Ji Sung stars as Kang Yo Han, a head judge with mysterious intentions: is he a hero of the people in a world filled with chaos, or is he a devil who wears the mask of the law?

Spoilers

Previously in the drama, there was news that a virus has been detected in a neighborhood where quarantine is in effect. However, the neighborhood was filled with President Heo Joong Se’s (Baek Hyun Jin’s) private army that is hurting citizens and abducting them.

the-devil-judge-4.jpg

In the newly released stills, Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On arrive at the slums. They examine the devastating scene with shock and frustration. The two judges seem to be working on their next plan, and their new robes signal dramatic changes in the next episodes.

the-devil-judge-12.jpg

Furthermore, the sight of Juk Chang (Lee Hae Woon) leading the private army is frightening. His eyes are sharp with bloodthirst, and he and his group are intimidating civilians with various weapons. Previously, Juk Chang was on trial for his misdeeds, so viewers are shocked to see him back on his feet and creating chaos once again.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483744wpp/ji-sung-and-got7s-jinyoung-enter-the-chaotic-slums-with-new-plans-in-the-devil-judge

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

SO they killed soohyun like that?  it's really a shame, she deserved more, she deserved to be happy,at least she got his kiss

There are more and more second leads who see their characters die long before the end of the drama, really the writers pfffff

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I haven't watched with subs yet, but I spoiled myself and saw that Soo Hyun died. 

I was following a live thread, and once I saw that there was a kiss and a confession I knew she would be killed. They happened so quick and back to back. 

I would have preferred her to stay alive and have some growth in her pov that not everything is black and white. I just feel like they didn't know what to do with her character so they Fridged her.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I haven’t watched episode 13, but I got spoiled for the ending already and I’m actually really surprised that they killed Soo Hyun??? Actually I think they might’ve foreshadowed it in the earlier episodes but still…I’m surprised. Poor Ga On, lost his one and only family left :crybaby:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Not a fan of Soo Hyun dying, but not because I'm a fan of her character or anything...because she was very little more than a plot device the whole drama. But her death means it's more and more likely that Yohan will die in the final episode, leaving Ga On and Elijah to take care of each other. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

26 minutes ago, ferily said:

I haven’t watched episode 13, but I got spoiled for the ending already and I’m actually really surprised that they killed Soo Hyun??? Actually I think they might’ve foreshadowed it in the earlier episodes but still…I’m surprised. Poor Ga On, lost his one and only family left :crybaby:

I think it not only family is left i hope still have kang yoo family he fit in thier I only see the raw not 

20 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Not a fan of Soo Hyun dying, but not because I'm a fan of her character or anything...because she was very little more than a plot device the whole drama. But her death means it's more and more likely that Yohan will die in the final episode, leaving Ga On and Elijah to take care of each other. 

That i think it could happen but it not fair  because all this for His brother but i think of this becasuse the other jduge also look like the mom of elijah that could be have Subtited parent for her. 

• Blob 2

Lessons from the Devil Judge, 1/2 through episode 13:
- In a dystopian Korea, no healthy, mature romantic relationships exist. 

- Childhood friends who are in love with each other, are their early 30s(?), appear to have never dated, don't know how to confess their love for each other...

- At this point i'm thinking that Soo-Hyun is not in love with Ga On despite her repeated, understated show of love or proposals (that they pretend are not to be taken seriously), but she is suffering from a savior complex.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Strong episode overall, but I find it a bit odd for the authorities to continue beating people like that while also allowing other officials like Jin Joo to enter. What if someone else had entered there and made some noise on it. Of course they did have everything from media to prosecution under their control, but I still found it kinda odd. I mean didn't they really think Ga On or Yo Han would speak to her on her broadcast and tell her about what was happening which lead her to check things? Did they really think they had her in their hands? 

Yo Han will be going after the final 4 people of the foundation, and I don't think there will be mercy either. They killed his closest assistant and we don't know what they did with that young actress from his team. I am happy though everyone else survived. The lawyer was smart enough to wait for the perfect time to hit that guy behind him and run away. 

Soo Hyun dying was something I had already said in my first post and while discussing the same with @partyon Noona. Noona, I told you I see big death flag over her head. Well, her death was something that was bound to happen, especially every time she got closer the church incident. Not sure though, who got her killed? Was it really an accident and that dude wanted to fire at either of the judges or was it meant for her? I think it was meant for her. She finally met the Joseph dude, got some important info about the fire incident, so important that they had to keep her silent. Question is, who got her killed? It could be Yo Han, like maybe he really wanted to stop his brother making the donation, and he couldn't convince him, he went for the extreme measure, or it could be someone else like Sun Ah. I think Sun Ah could have had a hand in the fire incident too, trying to get rid of the family which abandoned her. We know Sun Ah is all about pay back. At the same time she could have tried to take away the dearest person from Yo Han. Let's see who it will be. But I would be disappointed if Sun Ah didn't record the whole conversation or something like that.

Coming back to her death, it was really sad, especially after they both finally confessed their feelings for each other and kinda started to date officially. 

Seeing the previews, Judge Min is still gonna try to make Ga On suspicious of Yo Han to be the one behind Soo Hyun's death. In a way he could be, since that would give Ga On more reason to side with him and get back to the people who caused her death. Seeing the preview, it still looks like Ga On will not be agreeing with Yo Han's methods and punishments which seem to be becoming harsher. But at the same time, I don't like Judge Min's attitude of "if something wrong happened, it must be Yo Han", I hope in the preview he didn't mean it. But so far that dude has been obsessed with Yo Han ignoring things happening in the surrounding, and the ones which he does see, he blames Yo Han for it. 

Although for now, I still don't think Yo Han was behind Soo Hyun's death or behind the fire incident. Seeing how he remembered his brother's death during the President's speech while remembering K and that young actress in his team. Which to me felt like he was blaming the President and the foundation members to be behind it all. 

I see the writer is still keeping the question "Is Yo Han the bad guy and the one who caused fire" in the heads of viewers, and I don't see it being answered before the 15th episode. Looking forward to next episode. I really hoped they wouldn't kill Soo Hyun, but I hope they better explain it properly and have a solid reason behind it and not a "she got killed by mistake" thing. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

Lessons from the Devil Judge, 1/2 through episode 13:
- In a dystopian Korea, no healthy, mature romantic relationships exist. 

- Childhood friends who are in love with each other, are their early 30s(?), appear to have never dated, don't know how to confess their love for each other...

- At this point i'm thinking that Soo-Hyun is not in love with Ga On despite her repeated, understated show of love or proposals (that they pretend are not to be taken seriously), but she is suffering from a savior complex.

Were they childhood friends? I thought they knew each other since high school. I don’t recall.

I would argue that Soo Hyun does love Ga On. I don’t think it’s savior complex but it’s because Soo Hyun saw Ga On in his very, very low moments, that’s why we see Soo Hyun act the way she does. She knew how low Ga On went in his life and she doesn’t want to see the same thing happen again. I do believe that the two definitely do love each other.

And some people aren’t just brave enough in confessing their love. We heard Ga On in this episode saying that he wanted to keep Soo Hyun as a close friend because she’s the only person he has and didn’t want to lose her. He said he was afraid to become a couple with Soo Hyun because couples go through argument and even possible breakup, and after the two break up, things may never be the same between them again. That’s exactly what Ga On was afraid of, which is why he never accepted Soo Hyun’s confession. He admit himself that he was selfish and a coward though. I think the recent events really made him realize and rethink through his logic

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ferily said:

Were they childhood friends? I thought they knew each other since high school. I don’t recall.

I would argue that Soo Hyun does love Ga On. I don’t think it’s savior complex but it’s because Soo Hyun saw Ga On in his very, very low moments, that’s why we see Soo Hyun act the way she does. She knew how low Ga On went in his life and she doesn’t want to see the same thing happen again. I do believe that the two definitely do love each other.

And some people aren’t just brave enough in confessing their love. We heard Ga On in this episode saying that he wanted to keep Soo Hyun as a close friend because she’s the only person he has and didn’t want to lose her. He said he was afraid to become a couple with Soo Hyun because couples go through argument and even possible breakup, and after the two break up, things may never be the same between them again. That’s exactly what Ga On was afraid of, which is why he never accepted Soo Hyun’s confession. He admit himself that he was selfish and a coward though. I think the recent events really made him realize and rethink through his logic

I agree with you on this. I think it was said they were childhood friends, or maybe I assumed it to be. 

But when one does have feelings for a person who has been closest to them, they tend to be scared to confess thinking it might lead to them losing that person, like Ga On said, either by rejection (since things wouldn't be same) or by break up. So I think even for Soo Hyun it was the same, she didn't want to lose Ga On or make things awkward between them. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

@ferily I agree with you, Soo Hyun does love Ga On, both romantically and as a friend who really cares. I said she didn't because i felt a bit frustrated by her reactions and the silence about their feelings... I know this is just a TV show, but in real life i feel like life is so short, you have no guarantee that the people you care about will be there tomorrow. This is just a personal feeling...
I think she almost lost him several times (he's had reckless behaviors before due to his parents' death, such as when his professor helped him when he was arrested by the police), and she is really afraid of something happening to him, not just being hurt but maybe death, which is why she keeps insisting Ga On stops working with Judge Kang (too much danger around him)... which is why, I think, she brings up how important his safety is to her even after he confesses his feelings.

They've known each other since Kindergarten. She said so, explaining that it was the first time she proposed to him (she added that every time she saw him break down, she didn't know how to comfort him and she would spontaneously take him in her arms without thinking and propose...). She was talking to Judge Kang's niece...

Edited to add a side note: I am now 53 minutes into episode 13. Am I dreaming, or is this the first time we see all judges with the exact same robe? I think that before, when the show was being filmed, Judge Kang always had addition garments with his Black robe, something crimson and gold if I remember well. Here he is all in simple black like the other judges. I think this is symbolic of all of them, now that they have joined his fight, being on equal footing. Maybe it means that he doesn't consider himself below him anymore, but real collaborators. I'm not using the word "partners" because in the end I think he still has some authority over them.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@Sleepy Owl Honestly I knew about the red flags of Soo Hyun dying since the first few episodes (and last episode when K said working with Yo Han would lead to losing everything) but I just denied it and didn’t think about it :crybaby: I’m so sad that Soo Hyun died because like, she was only person left for Ga On and now she’s gone. First Ga On’s parents and now Soo Hyun. Like legit I can’t believe they only just confessed and accepted their feelings for each other for Soo Hyun to get shot and die… I love the kiss scene though and how awkward Soo Hyun was about it haha! I feel like that’s like how first kisses can be in real life :lol:

@lilyphenix No I completely understand! Like with their given situation, they’ve both been silent about their feelings since high school days, so I get the frustration of the two not confessing any earlier. Also thanks for the reminder about the two being childhood friend. I totally forgot where and when they mentioned it. I just remember the flashback of their high school days which is why I thought they were just high school friends.

But goodness now with Soo Hyun gone, I think this IS the final straw for Ga On and he’s going all in to help Yo Han and bring those in power down.. I’m glad that our Devil Team got a win in today’s episode after what happened in the beginning of the episode. RIP K…

I absolutely LOVE the last scene where Yo Han, Jin Joo and Ga On are on the scene & when it goes dark, Yo Han flashes his light and says, “Darkness cannot win over light” and all the lights start flashing. Such a WELL-DONE scene :cutekitty: I also really like how the people raise the light and fight back against the guys who were beating them up. Also love how they were all wearing black, signifying darkness, while the people were holding their lights. Really good scene here. I love the cinematography and the music choice for the whole scene too!

I wonder if Yo Han knew that Heo Joong Se would turn off all the lights and power just to stop the broadcast? Probably…but amazing job by our Devil Team today. I’m glad that Jin Joo wasn’t dumb and siding with the wrong person for too long and quickly realize that she was being used by the foundation. When Ga On tried telling her that she was getting used and she said that Ga On wasn’t in his right mind…:Fist1: (I was like smh girl!) but I’m glad that she realized what was actually going on and quickly sided with Yo Han and Gaon.

Okay last thing I will say is that I like the character development we got with Ga On and how he went from absolutely distrusting Yo Han to working with him to get more information him to trusting and believing him and getting to know him more. Like when the professor got attacked, he knew that it wasn’t Yo Han, and then in today’s episode he knew Yo Han was the only one to stop what Heo Joong Se was doing and asked Soo Hyun to trust him. I love it!!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Finally just saw the ending of today's episode... I'm still recovering from Soo Hyun's death. Several of you called it when the series started. It still sad and choking. I can't wait to find out what that man from the church that burnt down told her. Thank you for the nice summary, @ferily.  That show is covering several string and sensitive issues...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Kvothe said:

Oh yeah, I got big character death energy from Yohan since episode 3 or 4. He's the type who says he'd watch the world burn but would sacrifice everything for his loved ones. In any case, I hope he has more planned out than this to make sure they won't weasel their way out of the trial.

I'm also not a fan of Soohyun, but I'm curious about what she learned from Jung Joseph, and what she was about to say to Gaon before getting shot. It was an anti-climatic way to go, imo.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1