12 days of Soompi Winterland

Lmangla

@kdramagrandma Well done ! :yay:

Sorry that you had a hard time finding the post for clue 6.

Below is the direct link to the post if you'd like to take a look at it:

Spoiler

Oh, so VIP was the trigger for you joining the forum? I was also very active on that thread. :D Did you like the ending?

Spoiler

I hated it because I thought the drama was about something else than just a mere case of cheating and demise of a marriage. The ending was so anticlimactic for me. What a waste of a potentially great plot.

@MayanEcho Thank you chingu! :kiss_wink: You've been doing well in our event ! Yay! :loveu:

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

thanks for the egg nog @Nodame; I can't remember if I have actually tasted them. do they actually put an egg? it tastes like a sweet milkshake with some alcohol in it right? you got most of the answers right. yay! here is the summary for the first 2 weeks -- contains answers and links to the goodies post.

@Lmangla, yes, there's raw egg & one or more alcoholic spirits. Some recipes call for the eggs to be separated so that the egg whites can be whipped until they are thick; this gives the drink a frothy texture. A glass of eggnog tastes like melted ice cream.  This is just fattening because “Eggnog is high in calories and saturated fat because of the whole milk and heavy cream. Majority of commercial egg nogs are pasteurized, though (some do not even use eggs!). :blush:

13 hours ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

@Nodame I'm admiring your gingerbread man... Always love the gingerbread cookies but never learn how to make/bake it

@partyon I didn't realise that you rediscovered the forum ...  Well I'm glad that you are here...

@YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ, i tried making this once but it was not a success! It's hard. Gingerbread cookies should be soft. They should be supple. :anguished:

15 hours ago, partyon said:

@willenette Is your bias Jang Hyuk? :glasses:

@partyon, no dear.................Actually, my 1st time to watching him on screen in that drama, "Fated to Love You"............. You know who my bias is in the drama - hahaha  :blush:

thanks for the info @willenette :fullofhearts:

4 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

I do need the skincare secret because time really doesn't flow for her. How is that even possible?

my grandmother used to say that smiling a lot, a cheerful spirit and eating well keeps you young. so maybe she is doing all those things. no crazy diets. no tantrums or super unhappiness. just enjoying life...

no one come beat me but sometimes, it is hard not to be cynical and wonder if they didn't get a little help from plastic doctors. :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, willenette said:

@partyon, no dear.................Actually, my 1st time to watching him on screen in that drama, "Fated to Love You"............. You know who my bias is in the drama - hahaha  :blush:

I know... :DFated To Love You was the first drama I saw Choi Jin Hyuk oppa in as well. @Lmangla said he was wonderful in Gu Family Book and that's how she discovered him.

I was just wondering because you were talking about ML and Jang Hyuk was the one who was the ML in that drama. Jang Hyuk is a great actor and he has a lot of fans here on Soompi. :wub:

3 hours ago, partyon said:

I know... :DFated To Love You was the first drama I saw Choi Jin Hyuk oppa in as well. @Lmangla said he was wonderful in Gu Family Book and that's how she discovered him.

I was just wondering because you were talking about ML and Jang Hyuk was the one who was the ML in that drama. Jang Hyuk is a great actor and he has a lot of fans here on Soompi. :wub:

@partyon, me, the first drama of CJH that I've watched was "The Heirs". I haven't watched "GFB". Ohhh...........sorry, I made you confused since in my mind CJH was the ML - hahaha. Yes, you're right - CJH was only the support male & I couldn't agree with you more - JH is a great actor indeed! :blush:

On 12/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, partyon said:

Hmmm.... Seems that this time the clue is a bit hard. I will amend the clue a bit....

EDIT: clue amended.

Day 8

I felt the need to pamper myself after my sleigh ride. The cold weather was taking a toll on my skin, and I wanted to make sure I would look young and pretty for oppa.
I had heard of a famous beauty salon on Drama Street 350 in zone 5, and decided to head there. As I was getting my VIP beauty treatment the beautician started gossiping. Her friend had met a random guy while traveling and had ended up getting pregnant after a one-night stand with him. The two had been forced to get married despite not loving each other. Seems the guy had even been cheating on his girlfriend. Yikes!
What kind of fate was that for the poor woman?
Boy, was I glad that my oppa wasn't like that guy - 1 more reason to like him so much.

@corey To jump to the correct page just go up to the URL in your browser, and type in the page number (/page/xx/) :kiss_wink:

@partyon Actually I'm still as clueless :headbang:

Like Zone 5 what does it mean? I assume page number is 350? 

I think I only have luck with peaches :getmygrooveon:

4 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

@partyon Actually I'm still as clueless

Like Zone 5 what does it mean? I assume page number is 350? 

I think I only have luck with peaches

Let's give you some luck with youthful looks too - not only with peaches :kiss_wink:

Zone 5 = actors / actress threads section (meaning that you need to come up with correct actor or actress in the clue and head to their thread in that section)

You're very close with the page number but....

Spoiler

You need to add 1 -> 351

Does this help? :dorakiss:

Spoiler

On 11/30/2020 at 1:01 PM, Lmangla said:

Day 9

After the salon treatment and hearing random gossip, I felt so rejuvenated. Since I was in zone 5 already, I thought I would check out a musical at the famed theatre. I checked what was available and there was a play about an alien falling in love. what kind of love story is that? that didn't sound at all like my kind of romance. so I left to go shopping but someone bumped into me and dropped their coffee. what was awful was he didn't even apologize! I was so miffed that I yelled "yaaa! do you think it is okay to walk off like that without apologizing? it is not okay!" then he got embarrassed and agreed to pay my dry cleaning bill and paid me 3000 won. I dropped off the jacket at the dry cleaners and they said it would be ready in a bit. with the change, I treated myself to a lovely purse for 265 won. sometimes, a girl needs to treat herself!  

Let's have fun!
Your Event Organizers @Lmangla & @partyon

christmas-card-santa-claus-his-sleigh-wi

This couple is so famous ... and that KEY word is so helpful! 
Pretty easy, thank you @Lmangla @partyon

Not sure whether I want the kiss or pudding - but yea, I would love to ride the bike with him LOL

Spoiler

Alien Xmas (2020) - IMDb

35 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla The purse was only 265 won? That’s like less than 1 cent (0.002€ to be exact). I only realized it now when re-reading the clue.  :D 

That is what I would call a real bargain!

Unless the purse is Barbie doll sized :joy:

:joy:... ummm, this is winterland currency. so exchange rate is different. :lol: so a nice small cute embroidered pouch type purse to go out to shop to the nearby grocery store! haahhaha

MF_Plush_Hand_Pack_Japan_And_South_Korea

Ok what is it with the Page number again AIGOO!....

I know its something from below for CLue 9 but page again isn't there , No scope of addition atleast neither on individual ones.

Spoiler

Kim Soo Hyun, You From another Star, Psycho Bio, MoonMoon CP what is happening?

14 hours ago, partyon said:

Let's give you some luck with youthful looks too - not only with peaches :kiss_wink:

Zone 5 = actors / actress threads section (meaning that you need to come up with correct actor or actress in the clue and head to their thread in that section)

You're very close with the page number but....

Reveal hidden contents

You need to add 1 -> 351

Does this help? 

Thanks for the tips..But to come out with the correct number of casts in the drama I feel it's too tall order for me. I only know So Ji Sub all these while   :joy:

Alien, huh? :) 

Searching through Google with the three keywords, it is the very first of the results. Next, find who is the alien from the cast, then look for the alien's thread of around 3000 pages at Zone 5.

christmas-card-santa-claus-his-sleigh-wi

Spoiler

kimsoohyuncake.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

All these plus Kim Soo Hyun, starting the bidding price at p2735. To confirm you're not a bot, please key in "alien Korean drama". :P

Archived