12 days of Soompi Winterland

Lmangla

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yeah, this clue is all on @Lmangla :joy:My clue is coming on Wednesday.

Yours would be the last clue @partyon ? next, i mean

Thanks for all the thinking and writing ... not easy to create stories with hidden clues for us to crack :D  thanks to you @Lmangla and @partyon
Hope there will be another one next season .. 

Snow GIF on GIFER - by Gojora

23 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Yours would be the last clue @partyon ? next, i mean

Thanks for all the thinking and writing ... not easy to create stories with hidden clues for us to crack :D  thanks to you @Lmangla and @partyon
Hope there will be another one next season .. 

yea, the next clue is @partyon; glad to hear you have enjoyed the event. :fullofhearts:

this year has been really strange because we are all stuck indoors. usually soompi also gets quieter towards the end of the year as many chingus travel, hang out with family and other seasonal activities. but this year, we are all stuck with nothing to do except celebrate virtually. so this event was perfect for this season.

the winterland event was a mashup of different ideas -- the song "12 days of christmas" + the tradition of the advent calendar.

the 12 days is an old song and I used to find it weird and amusing. was it meant for children to help them add? kekeke... it was fun to sing as a kid.

12-days-of-christmas2.jpg

@partyon shared the advent calendar is a tradition in some countries where you get this calendar type gift box and behind the cover for the day, you get a little gift each day of december leading up to christmas. so so if it is a chocolate box, you get a different flaovur each day.

s-l640.jpg

so yea, we took various inspirations together and voila, we have soompi winterland! :)

34 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea, the next clue is @partyon; glad to hear you have enjoyed the event. :fullofhearts:

this year has been really strange because we are all stuck indoors. usually soompi also gets quieter towards the end of the year as many chingus travel, hang out with family and other seasonal activities. but this year, we are all stuck with nothing to do except celebrate virtually. so this event was perfect for this season.

the winterland event was a mashup of different ideas -- the song "12 days of christmas" + the tradition of the advent calendar.

the 12 days is an old song and I used to find it weird and amusing. was it meant for children to help them add? kekeke... it was fun to sing as a kid.

@partyon shared the advent calendar is a tradition in some countries where you get this calendar type gift box and behind the cover for the day, you get a little gift each day of december leading up to christmas. so so if it is a chocolate box, you get a different flaovur each day.

so yea, we took various inspirations together and voila, we have soompi winterland! :)

oh thanks much for the informationon the advent calendar and the chocolate box.  I am not a Christian and this is my FIRST time hearing about such calendar and the different flavour gifts per day , leading to 25th - interesting!

Do you all still carry on this wonderful tradition?

15 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

oh thanks much for the informationon the advent calendar and the chocolate box.  I am not a Christian and this is my FIRST time hearing about such calendar and the different flavour gifts per day , leading to 25th - interesting!

Do you all still carry on this wonderful tradition?

I am not aware of the advent calendar tradition in our part of the world. it was something new for me as well that I learned from @partyon. different places have their own twist of tradition.

for us, many put star lights in front of their house or balcony usually on the first day of december. some do it in the week before christmas. we are lazy at home especially this year and so we are slowly getting around to cleaning the house. hahahha... no inspiration. normally house is bustling with guests popping in and so you are motivated to clean and put up decorations. this year, it is all quiet. we generally gift food to those we know and it is basically an exchange. so if your friend gifts you for eid or whatever festival they celebrate, then you return it during christmas. it has to have both spicy snacks as well as sweet snacks -- the yin and yang, the balance of life represented in food.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Yeah, this clue is all on @Lmangla :joy:My clue is coming on Wednesday.

I am waiting for the clue. If you want to cover all sections/zones, then we should expect something from shippers paradise too? I never visited this zone. Please, give me something easy. :w00t:

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I am not aware of the advent calendar tradition in our part of the world. it was something new for me as well that I learned from @partyon. different places have their own twist of tradition.

for us, many put star lights in front of their house or balcony usually on the first day of december. some do it in the week before christmas. we are lazy at home especially this year and so we are slowly getting around to cleaning the house. hahahha... no inspiration. normally house is bustling with guests popping in and so you are motivated to clean and put up decorations. this year, it is all quiet. we generally gift food to those we know and it is basically an exchange. so if your friend gifts you for eid or whatever festival they celebrate, then you return it during christmas. it has to have both spicy snacks as well as sweet snacks -- the yin and yang, the balance of life represented in food.

We too put up the Christmas trees and star lights in porch or roof or any parts of the fence in front of our houses here.  We even play crackers or some light fireworks around Xmas time.  Gifts, cookies, fruit cakes, mass prayers, carollings and visits are a norm here.  Just the advent calendar tradition and the chocolate thingy is NEW to me. 

Sparkling Blue Christmas Tree 5k Retina Ultra HD Wallpaper | Background  Image | 5700x3870 | ID:739168 - Wallpaper Abyss 

But we don't have snow here .. hehe

9 minutes ago, larus said:

I am waiting for the clue. If you want to cover all sections/zones, then we should expect something from shippers paradise too? I never visited this zone. Please, give me something easy. :w00t:

the shippers theme was twinned with global entertainment - day 3. :) there were several zone options for that OTP and we finally decided to put it in global entertainment section.

from summary:

Day 3

Theme: OTP/shipping -- cdrama characters Dong Hua Dijun & Bai Feng Jiu played by actors Vengo & Dilraba

Section presence: global entertainment-China section (2 threads as drama had a sequel), shippers section (Vengo-Dilraba ship), global entertainment-global celebrities section

Address of goodies: page page 145, Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms drama thread, borrowed space from @MayanEcho, link to goodies

our wish for you: be carefree, curious and wishing you healthy hair! (like this OTP^_^)

23 minutes ago, larus said:

It will be easy! I have received feedback that my clues are too hard so I have made my last clues easier :D 

The advent calendar tradition is quite wide spread in many parts of Europe. Kids love of course the chocolate calendars but nowadays there are calendars with toys or Pokémon cards in them :D 

25 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

Theme: OTP/shipping -- cdrama characters Dong Hua Dijun & Bai Feng Jiu played by actors Vengo & Dilraba

Section presence: global entertainment-China section (2 threads as drama had a sequel), shippers section (Vengo-Dilraba ship), global entertainment-global celebrities section

Good then. I never searched in the ship section so I considered to be a global entertainment zone. :D

I am waiting the next clue and I hope I will find the clue as well. I found the other clues easily so I hope to not get stuck at the end.

Congratulation for both of you to make this evet. It was not easy.

20 minutes ago, partyon said:

It will be easy! I have received feedback that my clues are too hard so I have made my last clues easier :D 

I did not complain. I found all the clues easy so far. :D

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Day 11 clue is revealed - let's go for a run!

chingus, we are almost at the end of the event! hope you are having fun. clue 11 is now up on the first post of this thread... this one may be easy but a little hard. hint: pay attention to the zone! 

tagging:

@Sejabin @Min2206 @sadthe1st @pompyavi @MY15 @corey @Ameera Ali @MayanEcho @larus @madmad min @syntyche @Berou @twinkle_little_star@maribella @Prettysup @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @willenette @joccu @kokodus @kdramagrandma @Sleepy Owl @ktcjdrama @Dal-A @Wuzetian @Nodame @iksunijini @forme26 fi

re: @partyon

hai everyone.. and a special thank you  to @Lmangla @partyon :foryou:

for the lovely gift -the clue given on this Day 11 event. and I'm almost there, make a run for it. I'll be travelling from Soompi Wonderland to Running Man Paradise. :D

Spoiler

Day 11 

After I woke up from a nap, I decided it was time to focus on finding oppa. I heard some cheers and laughing and saw a large crowd near the parking lot of the cafe. it looked like a marathon and people were clapping as the runners passed by. I asked where was the finishing point and was told that I have to go to zone 4. apparently, this zone was known for its fun games and competitions and sometimes people from zone 3 went over and participated. it made me wonder if oppa was participating in this run as it looked like something he would like. hoping to catch oppa, I took a train to zone 4. I was standing on the road and checking out the runners to see if any were oppa. a cutie grinned and waved at me as he neared the finish line. I giggled and asked who was runner 488. the girl next to me told me that he he had been a night courier but then quit to manage a convenience store in the backstreets of zone 3. whatever his job, it was fun to watch him finish his run. his cute smile totally melted me. 

Let's have fun!
Your Event Organizers @Lmangla & 

@partyon

Spoiler

Xmas-banner-and-santa-claus-jerry-vector

Spoiler

Day 11:

the answer is, 

Running Man from South Korean, this show is classified as a game-variety show whereby all cast members and their guests complete missions in a landmark to win a race. 

tumblr-inline-p9j2v9efuu1sdffv1-540.gif

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs57tX0AvgJ1EZuxP1USAvGh_bJVcnd3b

Merry Christmas Animation GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

https://youtu.be/G2bx3FzgJ6o

4 hours ago, partyon said:

The advent calendar tradition is quite wide spread in many parts of Europe. Kids love of course the chocolate calendars but nowadays there are calendars with toys or Pokémon cards in them  

LEGO has their own advent calendar too. There are even beauty advent calendar now; with mini makeup, skincare and perfumes. Jo Malone, L’Occitane, Clinique, to name a few. One of these days, I mean years, I will get my hands on one of those :lol:

10 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Just the advent calendar tradition and the chocolate thingy is NEW to me. 

This is new to me too @Min2206 @Lmangla and it was also mentioned  in our part of the world, (not my geographical world) :glasses: .  The gifts however are in the form of 12 days of Treats (recipes only):approves: I'm sharing one here.  Credit to BTSARMY Kitchen+Bar

Enjoy :hooray2:

Archived