[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Did you notice in this trailer the part where Jeong Hyeok is walking on the wooden dock in Switzerland in suits? That wasn't shown yet. There's also a quick snippet of Seri overlooking a bridge. I believe that wasn't shown yet too. I guess those pieces gives us clue about the finale ❤️.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, avocado yum said:

I believe the mushroom dolls are for promotional purpose of the sponsor. I forgot the name of the brand of the dolls but it's the same brand for the penguin doll. And on the brand IG they post numerous pictures of the doll (green&pink, the mushroom family, etc) on the set of CLOY esp Seri's house. So, I don't think it's for spoiler or anything more than just for promotional stuff.

But I do want RJH and YSR have their twin:bawling:

But still wishing....Just a happy ending will do.. Just them living a very simple and normal life together will do

IU's OST will be released tomorrow KST6pm. Now I found out new OST discovery has already ended.:tears:No more new OSTs for ep 15 and 16.I wish there is...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Katelyn Lana said:

IU's OST will be released tomorrow KST6pm. Now I found out new OST discovery has already ended.:tears:No more new OSTs for ep 15 and 16.I wish there is...

Really? So, how about the opening song and the one in Switzerland scenes? Would not be released? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

I normally don't make predictions for drama endings, whether for CLOY or other dramas. But as we approach the last leg of this series, I SUDDENLY have this CONVICTION for the ending :

1) JH and SR will finally consummate their love, just before they separate. SR will be the one to initiate it, cuz JH is still too much of a gentleman to do it....

2) One will leave for the North, the other will stay back in the South

3) They will meet again after 1-2 years, in Switzerland. SR arranged for an event that invites JH to play the piano. There, she will introduce two twin girls to their daddy, JH.

THE END

LOL!!  I haven't really read all the ending theories in this forum, so not sure if anyone has had the same prediction before. But I just have this sudden inspiration for this, mainly cuz someone said the rating for the last episode is R-16

ADDED :

OH YEAH, they will both still be wearing their couple ring when they meet (of course!!)

OMG THIS IS MY THEORY AS WELL!! HOPE IT HAPPENS. Its sort of bittersweet that they separate but reunite in the end

Or maybe instead of reuniting in swiss, we get reunification of korea and they will be at the DMZ :tears:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Helena said:

Cross-border love story smashes South Korea TV ratings

78abb930-0250-11e9-bd79-c2df2cb885d1
Sunghee Hwang
February 13, 2020

Seoul (AFP) - South Korea's biggest current television hit is a surreally unlikely tale of a billionaire heiress who accidentally paraglides into the North and falls in love with a chivalrous army officer serving Kim Jong Un.

"Crash Landing on You" is unashamedly fantastical in its plotlines, but has drawn praise for its portrayal of everyday life in the North, even down to accents and words.

The division of the peninsula is a regular theme in K-drama and K-movies, but it is unusual for so much of a show to be set in the North -- in both Pyongyang and the countryside -- and defectors have complimented its accuracy.

Portraits of North Korean founder Kim Il Sung and his son and successor Kim Jong Il -- father of the current leader -- appear on the walls of every home, with propaganda slogans in the streets of the set.

The crew included a writer and an actress from the North: "I felt like I was actually back in a North Korean village," said Kim A-ra, who played a villager.

The 16-part series reaches its climax on cable network tvN this weekend.

"It changed the stereotypes on North Korea and candidly showed that it too is a place where people live," said Yun Suk-jin, a professor at Chungnam National University.

It is also a manifestation of how tensions have eased on the peninsula, where fears of war in 2017 were replaced by a rapid diplomatic thaw and a series of summits, although the process is now stalled.

"The series wouldn't even have been planned and produced under heightened tensions," Yun added. "Even if it was, it would not have been well received."

- On your bike -

The story opens with the beautiful heiress to a South Korean business empire being swept up by a tornado while paragliding, and crashing on the wrong side of the heavily fortified Demilitarized Zone.

She meets a handsome North Korean soldier -- the son of a top military general -- and the two fall in love as he hides and protects her.

It is a vanishingly implausible scenario in a one-party state where intruders are jailed and disloyalty heavily punished.

Even more surreally, after she returns South the hero and several comrades slip across the DMZ and into Seoul undetected to save her from a villain.

But viewers have been fascinated by the villagers' humble lifestyles -- the neighbours remain technically at war, with any contact between their citizens banned.

In one scene, a woman places a plastic bag over her bath to keep the water warm for longer. In another, a resident pedals vigorously on a bicycle-powered generator after a blackout to keep the television on.

South Korean fans found it humorous, but defector Han Song-ee was reminded of frequent power cuts in her homeland.

"Every home has a pedal power generator in North Korea," Han said in a YouTube video. "I cried watching the scene."

- 'Pure fantasy' -

The series portrays North Koreans as being well-disposed towards the South. On a visit to a jangmadang -- an informal but increasingly widespread and tolerated black market in the North -- a vendor tells the heiress her company's cosmetics are among her most sought-after items.

One North Korean soldier is a fervent fan of Southern dramas and secretly watches the forbidden clips even when on duty, while a Northern teenager uses the latest Southern slang.

Thae Yong Ho, a former senior North Korean diplomat who defected to the South in 2016, said: "One thing for sure is that if this TV series is smuggled into North Korea, it will be hugely popular."

Some critics have accused "Crash Landing on You" of peddling propaganda for the North, with a small right-wing group seeking a criminal investigation.

The Christian Liberty Party accused the producers of glorifying North Korean soldiers, who in real life were an enemy that "point their guns and knives at us".

But the series has the crucial ingredients for commercial success of big-budget production values and a star-studded cast, led by Hyun Bin playing the officer and Son Ye-jin the heiress.

Most fans appeared not to be thinking "too deeply" about the Koreas' division, said professor Yun.

Kim Eun-ji, a 33-year-old office worker who has freed up her weekend to catch the finale, said: "It's pure fantasy."

85-CB1-D57-9950-4-D55-92-FA-FAB84-D39-C6

A tvN handout from the drama series "Crash Landing on You" starring actress Son Ye-jin and actor Hyun Bin (AFP Photo/Handout)

592-E1695-3-A24-4-A52-A339-68-DEEF2-C84-

South Korea's biggest current television hit is a fantastical tale of a billionaire heiress who accidentally paraglides into the North and falls in love with a chivalrous army officer (AFP Photo/Handout)

BAB07619-562-D-461-D-A837-BA1-B6-DE15-BE

"Crash Landing on You" is unashamedly fantastical in its plotlines, but has drawn praise for its portrayal of everyday life in the North, even down to accents and words (AFP Photo/Handout)

If the woman from South Korea is as beautiful as Son Ye Jin ( by the name of Korean first love),  I am sure that every North Korean officer will die to save her from Kim. Ha ha ha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, L A said:

I totally agree! The stereortypes were like that for several years -men: rich, arrogant,  obnoxious. women- struggling, soft, shy etc. so no surprise that both HB and SYJ picked up those roles once in a while. Only until recently, Her Private Life and CLOY have satisfied me a lot with the modern portrayal of characters, of young adults with responsibility, understanding and manners. I love the direction that the k drama writers are going.

And yes, from the Swoon clips we can see HB and SYJ are quite opposite of their previous roles, and quite similar to their current roles. My favorite clip has got to be the guessing the complements, where HB was totally deceived by a wicked SYJ. Towards the end the way she call him Oppa, not only did he blush but also I did! She was such a teaser and he failed for her tricks miserably. I believe the chemistry in CLOY is great also because this is minimal acting for them-this is them behave in another story and thats it!

another blue moon in one page---such a nice day for me. Im usually very happy when someone enjoys HJM like me.

@mundalivI agree with you, once again! I wish to have seen more of Gu Seo Jin. I didn't perceive him as a cold hearted guy, he has an internal battle to go through. The only thing that was lacking in that drama to me was the development of the female character. Just like MOA they have become shadows for HB's character and I wish they could shine more. Yeah I didn't like Robin's bow hair cut back then either, but the happy smiles that he gave made up for it so I forgive Robin <_< Then i see captain Ri and I internally groan "No not that hairstyle again" but the rest of his image is so...perfect so I surrender hehe. If you also notice, captain Ri's checked shirt look very similar to Gu sangmunim's checked shirt. 
HJM was actually the drama that brought me to Soompi forum. I was one of the hardcore fans even though I watched the drama 2 years after it was aired. The way it failed to receive positive ratings showed me a lot about what the general population perceived as "good" "solid" and "successful." 

I need HB to still pick up dramas and give me more of his works to see. I guess after this drama I'm slowly having to turn into ahjussi-dramas now because he will be soon appropriate to be called an "ahjussi", but who cares I'm gonna support him till the day he retires.

Yes, I am glad kdramas are moving away from the trope of male leads who are rich and arrogant. Give us wholesome Captain Ri any time!!  HB exudes so much charisma even without talking much as JH (it's probably so comfortable for him since I suspect he doesn't talk much in real life either lol!!). And SYJ can go and be chatty and cheeky as SR, just as she is in real life (as attest by all the CLOY interviews).

SWOON videos of HB-SYJ is such a GIFT to us fans here!! I love the guessing compliments video too! I've watched it countless times, the part where they reveal each other's compliments lol!! HB was totally flabbergasted and SYJ seems to have won the lottery for having tricked him. We see the same chemistry in CLOY each time SR made Captain Ri tongue-tied (eg. when she said he's her bodyguard in the lift or when she teased him in the bicycle scene, that he was waiting for her).

Hey, I am one of the few who enjoyed Hyde and Jekyll too!

I've also read not so positive reviews about it when I started watching and knew the ratings were not so good. But surprisingly, I totally enjoyed the show and love HB's performance in the dual role! I was so amazed how he can be both characters and give out such different feels - they were really like 2 different person! And the thing is, they are really quite normal people instead of one being overly exaggerated (eg. A psychotic person), so HB had give very nuance performance for both roles. He looks amazing too, not too thin or too muscular, just nice. I cried tons for both characters! But I can understand how some was mad that Robin was given all the scenes while Gu Seo Jin was sort of put on a sideline. I also think HJM (female lead) performance was not as strong as hoped for (she did much better in other drams), and her chemistry with HB was OK but not very strong.

I think HB tends to dominate the screen over his co-stars, so he needs to act opposite very dominant actors/ actresses to have a strong chemistry (eg. SYJ hahaha!!).

11 hours ago, thanie said:

@Ameera Ali @Lawyerh @hibiscus23 @sadthe1st @Sejabin @im0202 @mouse007 @cenching @Sarang21 @kriswu @INeedAFan @cybertron @joonminfan @Harry97 ... and other Chinggus not tagged (there's so many of us ...)

HAPPY VALENTINEs DAY!!! :heart:

From this Powerful Team, lol!

I must salute these actors for doing an amazing job as the villains!! They made us hate them so much and also pose a REAL DANGER to our OTP.  Which is a amazing feat cuz not all  drama villains can do that. Also kudos to the writer for giving us memorable villains for CLOY!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, creativedistraction said:

OMG THIS IS MY THEORY AS WELL!! HOPE IT HAPPENS. Its sort of bittersweet that they separate but reunite in the end

Or maybe instead of reuniting in swiss, we get reunification of korea and they will be at the DMZ :tears:

WOW really? I think I could have read this somewhere as I glance through some of the ending theories (didn't want to have too much expectation from reading all the theories)

I personally think a reunification of Korea ending is gonna be a bit tough due to the sensitive subject matter. But then again, we saw a lot of ONEKOREA hints in the drama including JH's emails and online activities. So....maybe the event in Switzerland has something to do with ONEKOREA and that's officials and invitees form SK and NK are meeting in the neutral ground of Switzerland !! (we still have the stills of SR in green dress and JH in the blue suit with open neck shirt to account for! Hence this theory).

But I hope in my heart that the writer will have a way for our OTP to end up together HAPPILY EVER AFTER!! The End. :D

• Like 6
  • Love 3

No matter how much I think I don't think a happy ending is possible unless either of them defects if the writer wants to keep things realistic. If they go with reunification ending maybe it's possible but I doubt that's gonna happen. For now I'm preparing myself for an open ending in Switzerland so that I won't be disappointed later for having high expectations about the ending  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Love 5

To those traveling to SK soon, here's how to get to the NK village filming location and visit Captain Ri's house. 

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/crash-landing-on-you-village-shooting-location-a2520-20200214?ref=feed_1

Here's How You Can Visit Captain Ri's Village From 'Crash Landing On You'

It's perfect for your next visit to South Korea!
by LILY GRACE TABANERA | 9 hours ago

Our fave K-drama Crash Landing On You is down to its last two episodes, but that doesn't mean our love for Captain Ri (Hyun Bin) and Se-ri (Son Ye Jin) will end there. In fact, if you're traveling to South Korea soon, you could actually visit some of the show's shooting locations

CLOY setting that we all know and love is the *village* where Captain Ri lives. According to a Facebook post by Mee In Korea, the shooting location is located in Taean, South Korea (141-1 Janggok-ri, Gonam-myeon, Taean-gun, Chungcheongnam-do) and is approximately a three-hour drive from Seoul. An important landmark to remember when visiting the place is the Moseokwon pension house. 

Here are some photos of Captain Ri's house:

crash-landing-on-you-shooting-location-3

crash-landing-on-you-shooting-location-5

crash-landing-on-you-shooting-location-7

Mee found the village location when she saw someone post a photo on Instagram. She shared, "I showed it to my husband and he said that it's really far from our house. But the next day, I was surprised when he asked me if I wanted to go there. It was a long three-hour drive from our house. That 'village' located in Taean is the first filming location of CLOY that I visited, I will visit the other locations soon." Aww, this is too cute! 

As of February 11, the place was open to the public! There's no way of knowing if the village will be accessible ~forever~, but you can still try your luck. If you're commuting, Mee advised: "You can try to use [a] bus from Seoul terminal in Gangnam going to Taean, then from Taean terminal you can use the bus or taxi going to Moseokwon pension house. Pagdating sa pension house, be ready sa lakaran papunta dito sa 'North Korean' village dahil hindi puwede ang sasakyan sa loob." It's better to go there early because taxis are rare. It will also be a big help if you check the city bus schedule ahead of time. 

Here are more photos from Mee's visit: 

crash-landing-on-you-shooting-location-8
crash-landing-on-you-shooting-location-9
crash-landing-on-you-shooting-location-4

• Like 16
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

1) JH and SR will finally consummate their love, just before they separate. SR will be the one to initiate it, cuz JH is still too much of a gentleman to do it....

Ummm TotoroSy, SR just got shot! She's not Wonder Woman. I don't think Captain Ri can hang around that long in SK for her to heal.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

WOW really? I think I could have read this somewhere as I glance through some of the ending theories (didn't want to have too much expectation from reading all the theories)

I personally think a reunification of Korea ending is gonna be a bit tough due to the sensitive subject matter. But then again, we saw a lot of ONEKOREA hints in the drama including JH's emails and online activities. So....maybe the event in Switzerland has something to do with ONEKOREA and that's officials and invitees form SK and NK are meeting in the neutral ground of Switzerland !! (we still have the stills of SR in green dress and JH in the blue suit with open neck shirt to account for! Hence this theory).

But I hope in my heart that the writer will have a way for our OTP to end up together HAPPILY EVER AFTER!! The End. :D

Well it doesnt have to specifically say reunification of NK and SK, maybe just a symbolic event in the ending wherein people are rejoicing, waving flagsx and then theres RJH on one side, and YSR on the other (with twins!!) finally reuniting :tears: ill cry if anythng similar happens i swear

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

Really? So, how about the opening song and the one in Switzerland scenes? Would not be released? 

Yeah cuz they are just considered music or something like that and it is not an official OST, so it won't be released fully.If you want to listen, there is only one way.It is to find videos of these scenes and save it.Feel sad already

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Hi Comrades, actually this is my first time writing here but I am a frequent visitor in this forum (literally every chance I could get) since ep 2. I really enjoyed reading all of your theories and thoughts as to what might happen next. Visiting here is now a part of my daily life for the past few months and now I'm really sad that our favorite drama will come to an end this weekend. 

I have decided to write something because l want to let out all the feelings I have been keeping inside me while watching this drama. I think this is the first time that I have been so affected by a drama. It is occupying most of the space in my brain. I've been loving every moment of my fangirling but the hard part really is when you have to say goodbye to the characters you grew very fond of. I am really praying that the writer will give us a happy ending that we all deserve because if not I will probably bawl my eyes out on Sunday.

I don't want to predict any ending for the finale episode, I am just positive that the writer will give us a happy ending. I don't care where they will settle be it NK, SK or Switzerland I just want them together at the very end. We have watch quite a number of heartbreaking scenes between them and I think it is just right that for these last episodes we get to see them fight for their love. 

Besides hoping for a happy ending for our RiRi couple I really hope that they will be together in real life, they just have this energy between them that you can tell they are both in love with each other especially hyun bin with ye jin. How I wish we will just wake up someday with the news of their marriage. That would be amazing!!!

Also, I have read that some fans of CLOY is organizing a twitter party on the finale episode so that it will trend worldwide, let us join them so that CLOY can achieve yet another milestone. 

• Like 20
  • Love 3

21 minutes ago, newbie said:

Ummm TotoroSy, SR just got shot! She's not Wonder Woman. I don't think Captain Ri can hang around that long in SK for her to heal.

Lol! That’s true! Totally forgot about that. Hmmm, maybe RH will get locked up in SK for a bit for investigation by NIS before his dad manage to negotiate to bring him back to NK? And somehow SR manage to have one last day with him before he goes back North? My fantasy hahaha!

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 5