[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Sarang21 @Lawyerh & @Sejabin

:mrgreen::joy: - what happening these day I see second lead abs than the lead guy  :tounge_xd:

Those PD-Nim are no fun :triumph:. In my drama the lead guy would be shirtless all of the time.....even if it were winter...his hot abs will keep him warm  (I hope) :lol:.

@Kasmic finally we get to see some abs...even tho I would have liked to see the one from our Lion. But as they say beggars can´t choose so I will take what I can get :lol:

@Ameera Ali I heard Lion is calling for me? here I come...

giphy.gif

cr. to owner

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

Ahhh, EK's abs ... I've missed them, after Descendants of the Sun ended.  Coo, coo, I've missed all the early morning "Doves of Peace".  :w00t:

Back to this drama, here is my theory on why Si An has many paintings from that artist (Lee Sol).  It is because she was his mother.  And, the reason Ryan is so drawn to those paintings is because it is a hidden memory of his mother.  Therefore, Ryan and Si An are half-siblings. ?:huh: 

And, upon closer examination of the painting, the memories of her sons are contained in the bubbles.   Perhaps, the paintings are the mother's way of preserving her memories in a fight against Alzheimer.   

Hmmm, maybe I've been watching too many melos lately.  :P

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

12 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Beautiful Sung curator - some BTS of ep8

Reveal hidden contents

With Ryan

Reveal hidden contents

cr. more  https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=19665927&memberNo=1609562

and wait we are going to see some abbs... WOAH!!!  :yum: PAC ALERT, PAC alert @Sarang21 @evie7 @alekaonu @nonski

Ahn Bo Hyun Bares His Toned Abs For Her Private Life”

May 2, 2019
by U. Kim

tvN’s “Her Private Life” has released new stills of Ahn Bo Hyun’s chiseled body!

“Her Private Life” tells the story of Sung Duk Mi (played by Park Min Young), a curator at an art gallery who moonlights as a dedicated fan of an idol, and her prickly boss Ryan Gold (played by Kim Jae Wook). Ahn Bo Hyun plays Nam Eun Ki, the owner of a judo dojo and Sung Duk Mi’s childhood friend who one-sidedly loves her.

The new stills show Ahn Bo Hyun portraying Eun Ki’s feelings of rivalry against Ryan in their fight for Duk Mi’s heart. Ahn Bo Hyun’s wide shoulders and perfect abs combined with his sincere acting impressed everyone on set and will make viewers fall in love with him as well.

The shower scene is part of episode eight, which airs on May 2 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

cr. Soompi

Woah definitely some big reason to poke on PAC member, thanks for the PAC alert @Kasmic chingu-deul

Really liking PMY's chemistry with Ryan Gold :) awesome Kim Jae Wook!

waves @evie7, @Sarang21, @alekaonu, @Mau_Cherry, @moodypie @bebebisous33 @Ahpheng @onnififi @ruzikie @delfin and the rest of the PAC members

• Like 9
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, rcalma said:

1 hour ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

DID I READ IT RIGHT?

Latte knocks the door of Shi An is My Life???

OMG~!!!!!! This will happen in the next episode right??

Please let the misunderstanding be cleared up...

People think dramas with low conflict are boring, but honestly, I watch dramas to forget reality, and I need them to be happy.  I want six episodes of fluff please! It has been so sweet since the beginning, so it better pull out all tricks when they have it after the feelings are confirmed.

I need their hi jinks at another level after the grand reveal where she knows that he knows that she knows that he knows she is SNG.

IKR to escape from reality we really need this kind of drama to make us happy... and i think the misunderstanding scene will only happen in 1 episode.... 

Totally agree! This is why I come to the Kdrama world. I'm perfectly content with a low conflict drama. ( I think we are in the minority though). People get bored and lose interest if there's too much fluff.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Auntie Mame said:

And, upon closer examination of the painting, the memories of her sons are contained in the bubbles.   Perhaps, the paintings are the mother's way of preserving her memories in a fight against Alzheimer.   

Referring to your Alzheimer's reference --> did you happen to have watched The Light in Your Eyes/Dazzling too? That was one serious tearjerker that had so much heart. And so rare for a drama to put the spotlight on Alzheimer's. I'm also curious about Ryan's mother's back story. Why did she abandon Ryan and where is she now? And are RG and CSA half-siblings or actually unrelated (but share a connection to Lee Seol).

giphy.gif

"My feelings are sincere."

The words that RG didn't couldn't convey to DM. What's truly heartbreaking is not their break-up, but the fact that they parted ways when they actually have strong feelings for each other. The people around them all can sense their mutual affection in their interactions: Da In (she's painfully aware, but she still "played dirty" as she herself admits), Eun Gi (even though he's in denial), Seon Joo (she's the perceptive one and is DM's fangirl soulmate after all), even the woodwork factory manager who was just observing them for a short moment. Both of them have already acknowledged their own feelings, and RG was actually on the way to making the declaration.

Much as I wished they didn't part ways like that, I think both are not quite ready to start a real relationship together yet. RG is still suffering from a past trauma (that left him unable to paint and caused him to dislike holding hands with others) and he's much more affected by it than he realises (which is why he blew things out of proportion when he realised that she had walked into his secret room; he's been opening up to her, but he's still not yet ready to tell her about this). And DM is feeling guilty about deceiving RG about her fangirl alter ego. And both still bear deep-seated insecurities about whether the other person reciprocates his/her feelings. DM is shaken by what EG and DI said which led to her huge misunderstanding about what RG was going to say to her at the car park, while RG concluded perhaps a little too quickly that DM wanted to truly end their "fake-dating" relationship.

Wonder if RG will end up telling her how he feels finally at their confrontation in some part outside the museum (remember the IG post showing PMY fake-punching KJW behind the scenes - it's from when they were filming this specific scene).

Another long wait to next Wednesday! Where art thou, Episode 9...

P.S. TVN should be releasing a new BTS clip tomorrow, so look forward to that (well they better, otherwise they will be facing many angry netizens...)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUBpHi9A8IwVbJOHrHtV0

• Like 12
  • Insightful 5

52 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

Ahhh, EK's abs ... I've missed them, after Descendants of the Sun ended.  Coo, coo, I've missed all the early morning "Doves of Peace".  :w00t:

Back to this drama, here is my theory on why Si An has many paintings from that artist (Lee Sol).  It is because she was his mother.  And, the reason Ryan is so drawn to those paintings is because it is a hidden memory of his mother.  Therefore, Ryan and Si An are half-siblings. ?:huh: 

*waves* @Auntie Mame

I had been away from the drama forums for some time, just got some PAC Alert and checked then noticed your post and thought of adding some of mine.  I had been thinking about the same thing and now that I'm here I thought of posting.

I have the same thoughts as you over Ryan Gold, Lee Seol and Shi An.

Ryan had been having some hazy recollection of him watching and waiting while his mom paints and from those flashes of memories we can see a bit of those same kind of paintings as Lee Seol have.  It is not clear but we can see the semblance.

I thought that for some reason seeing those paintings triggered some painful memories in Ryan's mind that in turn made him stop painting.

I believe that Ryan and Shi An are siblings.  Maybe half-siblings.  For now there isn't much in the drama that tells us about Ryan's past so I could presume they are half siblings cause Ryan could definitely remember Shi An if he is his brother from the same parents.  I think he was separated from his mom since young.  

Another instance that made me thought of the connection or I may be just thinking too much of the scene.  When SDM was in the elevator after she was told off by Ryan for coming into his house, she met Shi An and he told her that maybe he was lying to her and that he will regret it later.  I thought it had a double meaning.  Shi An had asked Ryan about Lee Seol if he knew the artist but he told him no.  Somehow I did connect the thought.

i find it rather peculiar for Shi An to be barging into Ryan's privacy, calling him hyung.  Sure he has no friends (maybe) cuz he seems to be only restricted to singing, performance, keeping fit and home.  He just got cozy with hyung to easily i think, unless he knew all along they were brothers.  I hope they are brothers though, both could need some real family lovin' and well Ryan needs some SDM loving and from her family as well.

• Like 11

Fluff is good, at times.  And, fluff is always needed. 

Fluff is like comfort food that brings back good memories. 

Fluff is the chocolate one eats when one is feeling down. 

Fluff is Mom's warm chicken soup when one is sick.:wub:

Addendums: 1)waves@nonski. 

2) @Sky8lue - Just the thought of Dazzling/Light in Your Eyes gets me emotional.  And, I really prefer the title, Light In Your Eyes, because it describes exactly the state of a person who is living with presence.

Edited by Auntie Mame
Addendum
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Yes girls like to look at toned abs, tight pecs and butt but it is only superficial admiration and does not last,  while character, sensitivity, kindness, tenderness, chivalry as in caring about how one's actions impact others are what moves a girl's heart.

Sorry EG but your'e scoring flat on what really matters to a woman. You can flex em muscles all you want, it means  

...Image result for a illustration of diddly squat look like

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

Okay. My guess is that they will get together next week...then a few more episodes to tackle the mysteriousness that is Lee Sol, the memory of DM's mum playing with all those kids when they were younger and what that means. Also CSA and how he knows so much about Lee Sol. Also we've got Ryan's anxiety with his painting skills. And both Ryan and DM gotta reveal who they are (Latte and CSA is Life) and the fact that he knew all along. We have got a lot of ground to cover so....THEY HAVE TO GET TOGETHER NEXT WEEK PD-NIM! :naughty::heart:

Also CDI...girl...I really dislike bagging on female characters, but that was low. Low move for someone who YOU KNOW will never feel the same way about you. Same goes for EG. What he did wasn't AS BAD as what she did but same boat. CDI and EG get a NO from me today :angry:

The 9th episode gonna be so salty! And Ryan in the preview looks so confused...

"How was I dumped when we weren't even together??!!" :joy: 

That's why you people need to COMMUNICATE with each other! Stop listening to others and talk it out! Please sort this out by next week guys. And we need a REAL kiss this time!!

WE DESERVE IT.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Auntie Mame said:

In episode 6, when Ryan is at Si-An's place and they discuss how there are 9 paintings in the collection, Si-An takes a call from his mother. So I think we know that she is alive (and she is played by Lee Il-Hwa according to wikipedia).

Hope that helps!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I love supporting my drama leads when they  show uncommon clarity :tounge_wink:  authenticity ,   passions , etc... so any situation where they are e played like fiddle sticks by other people and become too normal LOL  i greet with mixed expectations.  Hey DM forget that ladies first bs ....don't always speak first baby. 

• Like 6

ARGH WHAT I MESS I AM RIGHT NOW

I came into Ep. 8 thinking that the infamous halfway kiss would be true...but it's my fault for having expectations. I kept refreshing for subtitles like a mad woman only to be BURNED UGH. I love me a good angsty arc, but not like this when I have to wait a whole week to see this resolved. I leave for a LA tomorrow and this is going to be on my mind on the plane ride I'm so sure of it :tears: 

Thoughts about EG: 

Spoiler

I am going to kidnap EG and drop him off in the middle of nowhere with nothing to fend for himself. Not cool dude. NOT COOL. I can't help but feel disgusted and angry at how petty he was in this episode. I knew he would never be a true second lead, and for that, I'm actually kind of glad! It just solidifies even more how much he DOESN'T deserve DM. Good for Ryan for standing up for himself and DM when EG tried to interrogate him -- it really is none of his business at all. Thank God Ryan knows how to stand his ground, proudly defending himself that he knows a lot more about EG than he thinks. But EG, my man, even your abs couldn't save you today (I mean, all respect to you but we're talking about KJW here -- we all know what he's hiding under those baggy clothes). I just could not believe my eyes reading the subtitles at how he attacked DM below the belt today. Really, EG? You really think that scaring DM away by telling her that no other man in the world will understand her and her fangirling but you alone will faze our ultimate ship? With this many supporters behind them? What an a$-shole, you self-entitled kid. And how confident was he acting like he's the only one for her, when even he himself doesn't give DM the support and understanding she needs? I get that you've accepted that part of her, but it's different from understanding it and fully embracing it. He was very offensive towards her and again, reiterates why he doesn't deserve her at all. 

Thoughts about Choi Da In:

Spoiler

I actually thought she was pretty mild today, especially when compared to EG. I really wish she can become friends with DM by the end of this series, because at least for her, she recognizes that the two are into each other. Sure she was also petty today, but at least she doesn't have blinders on like EG does. I must have misunderstood what she meant when she was talking to DM after DM kindly helped her arrange her furniture. I thought CDI was telling DM about Ryan not wanting to be in a fake relationship anymore and wants to be in a real one WITH DM. Little did I know I was super wrong and that she actually meant to do that to turn DM away. I really hope she can redeem herself by at least helping Ryan sort out this huge misunderstanding. She's not as hateful as EG has unfortunately become. 

About OUR POOR BABIES:

Spoiler

So much happiness and hurt all bundled in one episode :tears:

6 hours ago, sal2 said:

In some way this was not surprising thing to happen at least for me... the fake dating sure in some way would back fire because of the blurred line between fake and real. beside DM clearly do not know his feelings as she think what he did was only faking feelings. Also he do not know her real feelings as he think her true love is SA. now it is time for the real thing to happens as tension between them is build up. I have the feelings that the misunderstanding is not gonna last long, as I got the feeling one of them gonna spil their feelings in their hot tempered argument :ph34r: also maybe the fact that Ryan is latte gonna be an importen tool for DM to get a clue on his real feelings? :phew:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. As much as we want them both to be together by now, it wouldn't have worked out and would potentially create EVEN MORE angst along the way. I'm glad that we get to address loose endings now, and deal with the fluff later. Thank you for this much needed "breakup".

Spoiler

It kind of reminds me of Because This Is My First Life's eventual end to their contract marriage and how painful but much needed it was.

I'm sure the writers are sitting there cackling because we probably won't even be able to handle their mature romance later ;) But anyways, there's still so much left to address between Ryan and DM. Addressing Ryan's identity as Latte has been discussed here before, but I don't think DM will be upset at him hiding it. I can imagine an alternate version of her reaction getting mad at him because she'll think he was doing it to make fun of her...but we won't talk about that :sweatingbullets:. As much as I would like for him to tell her about Latte himself, I think SJ might find out before DM and help her best friend move to the right direction. Maybe even Cindy for all we know but that's more unlikely. Or *gasp* even SA? I can daydream a scenario where Ryan is an upset drunk meeting up with SA to pour out his feelings LOL.

Although may I applaud at Ryan recognizing his jealousy first and then acting on it? Our poor soft lion, attempting to put his heart on his sleeve but getting burned very badly. I'm curious to see how he reacts to the one woman he has let hold his hand letting it go deliberately and leaving him alone again. This just broke my heart. I was really sad for DM but I was even more upset for Ryan. WRITERS WHY. I know I said I liked my sprinkles of angst here and there but oof you really went for my heart today.

I know a lot of people might be angry/annoyed at DM's noble idiocy move today, but given the context of her personality and the circumstances, I think her reaction was only natural. Wanting to salvage a friendship, embarrassed at mistaking Ryan's feelings as something for her (which is the truth) but having things get in between her way from fully understanding his sincere feelings...girl, I've been there. And we haven't been given a history of her dating life pre-Ryan, and we can see how easily gets affected by the things he does for her because she's been so focused on SA for a good percentage of her life and didn't have time to date. But she doesn't realize that her doing this will only create an even bigger divide to their friendship. They just really need a talk where it's just them and their honest feelings for each other. No third parties anymore please. Everyone but EG can see how happy they are with each other. The unfortunate circumstance of both of them having to feel out of place in each other's lives especially with DM having to see the interactions between Ryan and CDI...my poor, poor heart.

Ultimately, the fact that they were both so smiley (esp. Ryan) today just hurts my heart even more. First of all, KJW my dude, what has this drama done to you? You look even better, HOTTER REALLY in each episode that passes by. Ryan is so happy to be in DM's company and he really just wants to spend time with her as a person because he enjoys her company so much. I was sad to see him cancel that dinner reservation with her. AND I AM SCREAMMMMMINNGGGGGG his "I held it in well" after their "kiss" LITERALLY KILLED ME. And their clothes! How unbalanced the two were instead of complementary like they have been amidst their emotional turmoil of their strong feelings for each other. They keep missing each other's wavelength and it's definitely time to address that. And yes, I would love an angry, argument-filled confession as well, and I'm guilty for those ;) Let Ryan unless his true lion form at her that our bunny won't be able to run away from hehehehehehe

6 hours ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

With so much sexual tension, so much fluff, and now this load of angst, I am not going to forgive TVN and the writers if they don't end the drama with them having three kids who are just as big fanatics as their mom, and Ryan Gold being a super duper indulgent father to them.

And them living in a big open house with lots of separate spaces for fangirling. I need that. Please. That's the only thought I can bear this with!

WOW SAME!!! I love that we have the same thoughts. I really love this idea and I think it would be great way to conclude the drama cleanly and full circle (since most dramas fall in the final episode dept.). To the writing team, if you're lurking around here, take @tensaitekikuroneko's suggestion! I mentioned something similar to this before, specifically them having kids. We all saw how Ryan looked at the children endearingly, and how tightly he held lost Min Ho's hand to find his dad. Not only does it show how much of a softie he is (as if we didn't already know HAHA), but it's the kind of love and joy he deserves and will be a great way to finally letting go of his childhood trauma. Having kids of his own...he'll be the best dad and will love them to the fullest, with the love of a family he was never able to have (IK he had adoptive parents and their relationship isn't as fleshed out, but the yearning for a complete family with the mom who abandoned him was my train of thought here). And DM will be SUCH A FUN MOM. She'll be stringing her kids along to her fangirling legacy and we know Ryan will be SUPER ON BOARD. Can we get a cute banter between him and DM arguing about fighting for their children's attention for a particular person/thing per se? He's the president of the fangirl protection squad after all :lol:

Speaking of fangirls, the thought just came to me that perhaps the final exhibition project that Ryan will be doing is one about fanatics. I think someone's mentioned this prediction before (I'm sorry I've forgotten where your post is!), but again, FULL CIRCLE. There's already a budding relationship between Ryan and DM's dad, and more importantly, Ryan said that he wanted Cheum's direction to be different in a way that appealed to the masses, more humane and to make a statement that art is not at all rigid, difficult, and sophisticated. DM's dad for example, is a great contender. Plus, fangirl culture is HUGE in South Korea, and it's a very different and interesting concept when compared to the U.S. for example. And this drama has in no way made it a statement as something to be ashamed of, but embraced. As an international fan myself, I rely on fansite masters in Korea as well to get my fill of fangirling, so I think they can address its impact and importance within the culture. I think DM will show up for that final exhibit where she can finally be proud of her identity, with Ryan right by her side. 

Some possible conflicts/other things to be addressed (we're at the halfway point after all):

Spoiler
  1. The connection between Ryan and DM in the past. What does DM's mom have to do in their story? And Ryan was definitely there:

From Ep. 4:

5cpsRx1.jpg

From Ep. 8:

HqxWQmU.jpg

If the connection is true, DM's mom's admiration and growing love for Ryan will exponentially increase. I think there's a very unfortunate backstory 

1. YIKES. SJ's husband. I think this will most likely be the root cause of conflict in the later episodes, maybe between Eps. 13-15. I feel like this is what will get DM exposed, and fans will begin to doubt their trust in her as a fansite master, especially because her homepage is owned by her and how she had to fool everyone with their fake relationship. Also, I wonder how they're going to tackle and address the tension between SJ's husband and her. I think they were created as an antithesis of what a healthier relationship looks like between a fangirl and her significant other. 
  2. Ryan and SA's connection to Lee Sol. I don't think this will be much of a conflict but a painful memory that will be addressed. Get ready for some tissues y'all.
  3. Ryan's inability to paint: he's on the road to recovery!!! I love the honest and fleshed out conversations that he's been having with DM and her art.
  4. They better not give us a time skip because I will RIOT. Ryan's interview with EG's mom and how she was asking if he was ever going to return to NYC was giving me suspicious feelings, but this is just me and trying to prepare myself for the worst, hehe don't mind me!

We're moving so fast today! Thank you for everyone's posts. You guys are healing my shattered heart as we wait for Ep. 9 :P

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

Ryan : "I need to stop pretending to date" ...  So, I can start dating for real.

That silly girl knew full well what Ryan meant. Yet, she plàyed dirty, just as she accused EK of doing. However, she seems to feel guilty.  So, maybe, there's hope for her yet.

As for the producer husband, I think he's doing an expose on the subject of fangirls. When she finds out,  he's going to be trounced by his wife, and judo-flipped by the son.:lol:

In DM's mom's reminiscing, there were several kids playing, along with DM and EK. I wonder if DM had a brother who died.  So, the mom really thinks of EK as her son.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, nonski said:

Another instance that made me thought of the connection or I may be just thinking too much of the scene.  When SDM was in the elevator after she was told off by Ryan for coming into his house, she met Shi An and he told her that maybe he was lying to her and that he will regret it later.  I thought it had a double meaning.  Shi An had asked Ryan about Lee Seol if he knew the artist but he told him no.  Somehow I did connect the thought.

I caught on to that as well. I thin SA knows more about the Ryan-Lee Seol connection than he's letting on. 

1 hour ago, nonski said:

i find it rather peculiar for Shi An to be barging into Ryan's privacy, calling him hyung.  Sure he has no friends (maybe) cuz he seems to be only restricted to singing, performance, keeping fit and home.  He just got cozy with hyung to easily i think, unless he knew all along they were brothers.  I hope they are brothers though, both could need some real family lovin' and well Ryan needs some SDM loving and from her family as well.

I don't feel it's peculiar that SA is calling Ryan "Hyung", even if there were no familial connection. In a way, he could have felt that Ryan was his protector when he saw him in a vulnerable drunken state and kept it a secret. If Ryan is someone that Shin An wants to look up to, wants to develop a friendship with, I don't think its out of the ordinary for him to want to call him "hyun". I've seen that in kdramas before...

4 hours ago, rcalma said:

What if in the next episode it was RG who will experience daydreaming... and this time we will see some Rated19 included in his imaginations. bed scenes maybe hahahaha  Let's K!LL it Kim Jae Wook -shi

Lol! I was hoping the blindfold kiss would have been RG's imagination:wub: Lol.  I'm all for the R19 scenes ha ha!  TVN needs to "Live up to its name!" lol! That's what cable network is for...

Other thoughts:

Like others have stated, those ab shots are not going to push me into SLS..sorree! 

It's Ryan the Lion all the way!!!:D

On a down note....It keeps getting brought up that this PD allowed for a good kissing scene in LUTYN, so they are expecting more in this one. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't want to expect too much from this Pd as  LUTYN only had ONE good kiss scene. I was expecting more in that show but didn't get it.  (kind of a let down). 

I keep thinking, if the imagination kiss is the only one we're going to get in this whole drama? I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high for other really good kisses. (and other things ;))

I really really hope I'm wrong though. 

TVN ...LIVE UP TO YOUR NAME!!!!

p.s. This drama drew me back in after a kdrama pause. Binged ep 1-6 Sunday, rewatched 4-6 on Tuesday.  After lurking a bit, had to pop back in on the conversations for this one. I'm so hooked, I don't know what to do!

• Like 10

Costumes Ep 9 preview

I realise that this is a lot of analysis over clothes but I think they are big part of this show and how SM and Ryan express themselves and their feelings. I wouldn’t normally even think about posting this kind of thing but I’m hooked on the concept now. I'll try and keep it short and sweet and do this for each preview to see how accurate I can predict… hope it is a little interesting!

SDM (RG)

-Pale Blue suit (Midgrey suit, dark grey top)—meeting at Da-in’s place with Si-an, ‘you worked hard’ encounter, (also Da-in saying she was glad Ryan visits)

-All Black, badass career woman outfit (Mid blue suit, salmon top)—‘as you can see I’m busy’, Ryan’s ‘come hither’ finger wiggle, Ryan’s mini-tantrum ‘who got dumped when we didn’t even date’, final bit of dialogue: ‘if you don’t have anything to say I’ll get going’/‘I…’

-White suit, salmon top (Grey plaid, white top)—meeting sequence… the flounce out of the meeting! ahaha

I think that we are going to get the following order:

-White suit first with a dramatic meeting and a good flounce

-Pale blue suit with Si-an and Da-in meeting and also some more miscommunication--this will be the bulk of the episode

But then SOMETHING happens: BAM

-Black, kick-butt, take no prisoners career woman outfit. 

Basically, DM will go from white to black… a change of innocent disappointment to ‘nope, ain’t have time for this’. 

Ryan’s clothes are harder to pin down. His outfits are getting darker throughout the episode (if my reading is correct). Which could also indicate intensifying emotions. The first two are monotone which fits a state of uncertainty but going back to a strong primary colour with contrasting top feels very much: ‘I want to take charge’

Overall, I think that we won’t get any resolutions in this episode—there is nothing couple-y about these outfits and at no point is there cross-over from the different pairings, unlike the last episode which was essentially three couple outfits that got mixed up. So I expect that they won’t really be communicating at all in this episode and that when they do it will start off timid but by the end of the episode emotions are running high, particularly DM.

Also, DM is primarily wearing trouser suits, thus taking away traditionally feminine silhouettes in favour of something more masculine. We’ve seen her in a skirt when 1-she went to Si-an’s place the first time—trying to look v feminine, 2-fake date photo shoot. (also when she is heading to the auction in Shanghai but I’m not sure how that works). Ryan, on the other hand, has softer lines (those trousers)…

BONUS: Did anyone else notice just how much animal print Da-in is wearing? (I also adore her house and the chartreuse sofa that got binned... also her outfits because I'm a sucker for animal prints).

49 minutes ago, haelan said:

I can daydream a scenario where Ryan is an upset drunk meeting up with SA to pour out his feelings LOL.

I totally see this happening! SA finding out that DM is 'the person who knows him best' is bound to create a bit of jealousy from Ryan... I mean hopefully by then they are happy together but I'd still love to see a last-ditch DM fan-trip that causes Ryan to see green... potentially a nice, cliche wrist drag? or at least some spluttering 'But I am Latte! I know YOU best!'

Edited by tinymel
auto-correct... spelling... yeah...
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

8 hours ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

When Ryan saw Deok Mi walked away and the camera pans into his hand.. Dude, IT HURTS. Because he begins to believe in someone.. But that someone is letting go of his hand:tears:

my heart broke for him,,, so sad, small gesture but big feelings,,,, :(:(  :( Now I am sad and just processing through soompi 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2