[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@Auntie Mame  I have posted before about what Ryan said to DM after the bidding in Shanghai when DM asked for the Lee Sol  painting from Ryan and he said

"have you seen hands that are shaking for two years due to alcoholism? I bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price"... he was referring to the Lee Sol painting which he just bought... 

I believe that sentence is for the painting DM bought for Director Eom, auctioned before Lee Sol painting. The one that RG kinda threaten to expose to prosecutor since he did not see the painting in the gallery. That painter is famous before he paint the painting that DM bought for Director Eom which has lousy brushwork. So thats why he said DM didnt know art much since she just bought the art not because of the art itself, but just because the name of the painter who is famous before that.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, rcalma said:

welcome to the wagon... me either its been a while since i last posted here and now im back... giggling everywhere checking for new updates

we cant get over KJW&PMY couple 

Thx u. Yes. I cant stop rewatching all episode again. LOL. How can we get through this week? :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

The script writer decided it was not convenient for them to remain as grown ups - otherwise we wouldn't feel any angst :w00t:. Hopefully she (?) will read your comment and decide that this should be addressed.

I think he’s going to clear things up in the next episode, judging from the preview. Five more days omg!!

When I started watching I was able to wait till Thursday and Fridays and watch the show with subs. I’ve started to come here to view raw screen caps in real time, even though I know that logically my viewing experience would be better if I could watch it with subs. The power of this couple! 

• Like 3

All I can say after last night's episode is: I should definitely have a date at a carpenter shop, making a furniture together. (When I have a boyfriend of course). It is such an intimate date! Measuring each other's heights and teaming up on creating an art is sooo pleasing! The writer really upgrade the fake dating game to a whole new level>< Imagine being looked at by someone like that... am so not fangirling over KJW:) 

tumblr_pqwpask2u41r4z8cko4_1280.png

Waiting for the lover's quarrel next week!!

• Like 11
  • Love 4

I have not had time to read the responses to the last two episodes; therefore, I hope that I am not expressing an opinion that has already been expressed.  

I was so disappointed at the end of episode # 8.  I was hoping against hope that Da In would be as mature as character Jo Hye In was in Encounter or character Song Hae Rin in Romance, is a Bonus book.  But I was wrong and now there will be wasted, as far as I am concerned, episode(s) of misunderstanding between RG and DM.  These characters are supposed to be mature, (in their 30's.)  I know, I know, fangirling is not mature.  These characters have completed college, own their own business, or have successful careers, and still artist DI In has to stoop to this level, oh come on.  As adults EG and DI should know by now, just because you come between two people does not guarantee that the person you like will suddenly fall for you.  I am also sick of the "oh I am so humble" attitude.  Just because some girl says, I like him, you are going to move aside and put away your feelings.  My response, as DM, would have been to say sweetly, "well I like him too."  Why should DM move aside because DI likes RG?  Really?  In the real world, DM would have waited until he told her he wanted to end the fake relationship. RG had already told her not until Cindy left the gallery; therefore, why take to heart the word of someone who has told you she likes him.  Where are these women brain cells when I comes to men?  Did their brain cells take a leave of absence? 

There are other plot lines this writer could have explored that would have interested me.  For instance, why can't RG paint any longer.  Why was he abandoned.   What about a story line where DM helps RG through his trauma and they both start painting again and perhaps showcasing their art in a major gallery.   The show could have also taken the opportunity to introduce us to a few major Asian, as well as new international artists.  

As I stated at the beginning of my post, I am disappointed.  I am disappointed that the writer felt he/she had to write the artist DI character, in such a pathetic way, especially when she already knows that RG is not romantically interested in her, in order to move the story forward.

I am thinking about skipping the next few episodes.  :heartbreak:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4

2 hours ago, cind3r3lla said:

I believe that sentence is for the painting DM bought for Director Eom, auctioned before Lee Sol painting. The one that RG kinda threaten to expose to prosecutor since he did not see the painting in the gallery. That painter is famous before he paint the painting that DM bought for Director Eom which has lousy brushwork. So thats why he said DM didnt know art much since she just bought the art not because of the art itself, but just because the name of the painter who is famous before that.

@cind3r3llaI know he referred to or asked DM what she knew of the Ivanov painting but then he said, "I bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price." At that time he did not know that DM was working for Director Eom. And he did not bid for the Ivanov but for the Lee Sol. So what did he mean he bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price or maybe he meant, you (DM) bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price and the translation of what he said was off? Before I posted I went to the episode and read the subs of the conversation again. If that is the case the translation of that conversation needs to be corrected or I am missing something??? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Definitely hate EG. He will sabotage every potential man for DM then he wish to grow old together? He never act as a man in DM eyes, and he never try. So just out of our couple. I don't want EG to end up with DI too. DI is wrong to say all of that, but she realised she is dirty by doing that. DI also already confess, so I welcome her to the game.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Arrrghhh!!.... A break-up of fake relationship is already affecting them (and me!) so much,

@ktcjdrama , @Lawyerh & @Sejabin & @staygold @cenching

lion : Was it a fake relationship :scream::joy:

15568931561556893120.gif

GIFMaker.org_FbY6mG.gif

15568932681556893263.gif

Spoiler

I hope they don’t make it a long break up , we need our fluffy moments :mrgreen::joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, staygold said:

With all my attention focused on the otp I missed why DM's mom got emotional seeing Geon Woo at EG's judo class. Did she lose a child in the past?

I think so! Maybe the pictures of two kids in a photo is her deceased sibling and their grief is part of why they had EG come into their family. There’s also when EG is confronting Ryan and tells him that ‘DM Hasn’t told you anything about her.’ I am also wondering if the loss of her sibling contributes to her fangirling for SA. Maybe he reminds her of her deceased sibling? Or distracts her from her grief?

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

@cind3r3llaI know he referred to or asked DM what she knew of the Ivanov painting but then he said, "I bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price." At that time he did not know that DM was working for Director Eom. And he did not bid for the Ivanov but for the Lee Sol. So what did he mean he bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price or maybe he meant, you (DM) bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price and the translation of what he said was off? Before I posted I went to the episode and read the subs of the conversation again. If that is the case the translation of that conversation needs to be corrected or I am missing something??? 

Subtitle for ep 1 that i watched said "you bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price". I dont understand hangul so i dont know it is correct translation or not. :D

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

As adults EG and DI should know by now, just because you come between two people does not guarantee that the person you like will suddenly fall for you.  I am also sick of the "oh I am so humble" attitude.  Just because some girl says, I like him, you are going to move aside and put away your feelings.  My response, as DM, would have been to say sweetly, "well I like him too."  Why should DM move aside because DI likes RG?  

I think DM most effected when she heard that CDI knows that they are fake dating. She seems suprised and in her mind, the only one who could told CDI is Ryan. She didnt imagine that CDI heard it from EG. So she got upset because she thinks that Ryan told CDI that they are fake dating and wants to end the fake relationship because Ryan likes CDI and dont want CDI to misunderstand, or else Ryan wouldnt told CDI that. So she thinks that Ryan did not have the same feeling as her. Thats why she wants to end it. Not because CDI likes RG. She only thinks about RG's feeling and if he didnt like her, whats the point of continuing fake dating anyway. 

But i agree with u, she should have listen what Ryan has to say first. I mean, even if its true that Ryan want to end the fake relationship, lets hear it from Ryan's mouth, right?

• Like 11
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tiMadam said:

Does anyone knows what kind of flower Ryan had in his car Deok Mi? thanks in advance.

Not sure if anyone answered this but they are chrysanthemums (probably ones that haven't fully bloomed). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cind3r3lla said:

Subtitle for ep 1 that i watched said "you bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price". I dont understand hangul so i dont know it is correct translation or not. :D

@cind3r3llaOk, so the subs where I watched was wrong. I don't know the language either so I was following the translations...Thank you for the correction and I thought I was on to something.... :dissapointed::lol: and something was nothing aishhhh drama what you doing to me??? ... Thanks again because "you bought a painting with lousy brushwork for that price" makes so much more sense.

• Like 3

:lol: Eun Ki needed to watch some Kdramas, where he would have learned dialogue, such as:

"With love, it is about timing."

"It is a miracle when the person you love, loves you back."

EK = brawn and not enough brains.:rolleyes:

Addendum:  @zenya22- Yes!  It might be Parkinson, which would tie in with Ryan no longer painting.

Edited by Auntie Mame
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5

32 minutes ago, tinymel said:

Not sure if anyone answered this but they are chrysanthemums (probably ones that haven't fully bloomed). 

So it means "Gold Flower" in Ancient Greek. Nice choice Mr Ryan. I really really hope he won't throw away the bouquet, and we'll see them bloom by the end of next episode, if you know what I mean hehe.

Lots of symbolism in recent episodes; Eun-gi complaining about his name and getting silver medals, wanting to be a Gold, DM giving him a fake golden medal-chocolate. EG doesn't get the right to act like a jerk because he always comes in second, just strive to be better person, period. I wonder if we'll ever see why he turned out the way he is. There's definitely some family drama at the root of it.

• Like 13
  • Insightful 3

18 minutes ago, cind3r3lla said:

I think DM most effected when she heard that CDI knows that they are fake dating. She seems suprised and in her mind, the only one who could told CDI is Ryan. She didnt imagine that CDI heard it from EG. So she got upset because she thinks that Ryan told CDI that they are fake dating and wants to end the fake relationship because Ryan likes CDI and dont want CDI to misunderstand, or else Ryan wouldnt told CDI that. So she thinks that Ryan did not have the same feeling as her. Thats why she wants to end it. Not because CDI likes RG. She only thinks about RG's feeling and if he didnt like her, whats the point of continuing fake dating anyway. 

But i agree with u, she should have listen what Ryan has to say first. I mean, even if its true that Ryan want to end the fake relationship, lets hear it from Ryan's mouth, right?

You are correct in your assessment, DM would never imagine that it was  EG would who told DI about the fake dating; however, RG is the one who told DI that he wanted to end the fake dating and why.  Therefore, she knew he wanted to date DM for real when she made it appear to DM that RG wanted to end the fake relationship and inferred it was because he liked her, (DI). It was underhanded, lowdown, and sneaky; especially when DM just helped her put her house together...just plain rotten behavior.  

You are also correct that DM was feeling insecure about RG's feelings for her.  I get that, I really do; however, DM and RG are great at communicating  with each other. DM should have asked him, casually, about DI and their friendship.  RG is a straight shooter, he would have either told DM the truth or that it was none of her business. I think, had she asked, because DI is also an artist, she would have gotten an honest answer.

Great post.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Tagging @SC2019 @kyra myesha @rcalma since you all were asking about the webtoon!

I gave in to curiosity and tried to find my own spoilers by checking out the webtoon. The drama adaptation transforms the set-up quite drastically, so actually there is perhaps not much point in reading the webtoon (if your main purpose is to find out what happens next, assuming that the drama follows the webtoon narrative).

Noona Fan Dotcom

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=52522252

de210abe51b638a8073b42296334

In the webtoon, our resident fangirl is Jo Ara (=Sung Duk Mi) who chases after Min Joon, a member of idol group, Shooting Stars. She runs a famous family restaurant in Gangnam and scouts a manager who will run the restaurant more professionally. That person turns out to be Min Joon's brother (this character is our Ryan Gold).

Personally, I prefer the drama's set-up, especially the characterisation of Duk Mi and Ryan. Not sure we can rely on any "hints" from the webtoon given that so much has been changed. What caught my eye when I read the webtoon synopsis was that the idol star and the lead male character were described as brothers. Wonder if the scriptwriter borrowed this part of the storyline from the webtoon, which means Cha Si An could be related to Ryan Gold (half-brothers, step-brothers, or long lost real brothers maybe?).

P.S. Wow this thread has been super active since Episode 8 and after the well-received BTS. This drama deserves much better viewership ratings in Korea. It's definitely on my personal list of best rom-coms (currently number one) in recent times. Hope the drama stays good all the way to the finale!

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 4