[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Finally I'm done watching Episode 11 twice!! And was filled with ups and downs.

I like how the way this episode has escalated to a different level whereby we tend to see more truths revealing and slowly will be resolved. 

From episode 2 onwards, I have never failed to see how Ryan actually used his own way to protect Deok Mi, really in many ways, be it she being a fangirl and minority society misunderstanding. All these that he had done for her made me unknowingly to fall in love with her till when he realised he actually got jealous of Deok Mi and Eun Gi's relationship. Likewise, in Deok Mi's perspective, she is afraid that Ryan might not like the idea of her being a fangirl which people will always starts to judge because it was unrealistic, for those who are fangirls, definitely will be able to relate this very well. I love how both of them are being so honest with each other and resolve their misunderstanding quickly, something that is very important in a relationship. And, both of them are not easily moved by any situations and that's for sure and their relationship will be even stronger. 

I and glad that Ryan will have Deok Mi to rely on and share precious memories together. It's very heartwarming to see how Deok Mi always tries ways to console and make Ryan relieve, even if it's for a short moment for him to get out of the pain he has been facing. 

And fear not Ryan, Deok Mi is taking step by step slowly to fill up memories with you. :wub:

Episode 9: When she was chatting with the fangirls and Latte-Nim

Screenshot-20190516-124824-1.png

Just right behind Deok Mi, there was SiAn drawing on it.

Episode 10: 9th May 2019, when Ryan and Deok Mi are OFFICIAL

Screenshot-20190516-124307-1.png

Deok Mi changed and displayed Ryan's gift for her and SiAn's drawing was being put on another side.

I am still having numerous thoughts and will be more when they gonna reveal Ryan's childhood.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

First. Whoo, they are just so cute and mature in how they handled their first "argument" as a couple :wub: Also the way DM felling something is off as she saw his face is just the best.

I do not think write have time to write a break up story line as there is still so many plot tread to handle.

1.Sian paint exhibition  

2.Ryans Past

3.Lee sol

4.Ryan and Sian (are they brothers?)

5. DM mothers involvement with the orphan house 

6. DM and Ryan being childhood friends (I think DM mother took her kids with her to the place to play with the other kids there)

7.SJ and her husband 

8.Cindy and her mother

9.EG and DI closing their on sided love.

10. Romance in the air for the other two curator?

I think this time DM gonna be there as a support for Ryan just as he was for her with her secret. :) 

I really hope writer gonna surprise us in a good way on how they handle all this in the coming episodes.

• Like 10

But, but ... but I remember they (tvN) promised a first couple night in ep 11? Where it it?

By the way, I love reading all of your insights. I never went too deeply into analyzing a couple's emotions like this before.

Regarding the plot, I watch quite a lot of rom-com to know that romance can be a central plot without too many events. But for me, the show can only be attractive to watch if they present enough conflicts to make viewers care about results/how conflicts are solved. Putting love aside, I do feel like the show is lacking a bit of conflict, I watch it mainly for our OTP. With this pace, I don't think there is a break-up ahead (they already sorted of breaking up once) so I wonder what's more in store regarding the romance for us. 

• Like 7

God i love this story so much. Episode 11 killed me. One of my favourite things to watch is what happens after they get together. Yes getting together is great but i love seeing what happens after. This series hasn't dissapointed. Also I just love how effortlessly physically affectionate they are. The hand holding, the little kisses, the close contact. Their comfortableness with being so close really shows the difference between now and when they were fake dating.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, rcalma said:

Yeah i feel bad for EunGi knowing all about DeokMi's secrets but the actual truth he was left behind... 

Welcome to the FRIEND ZONE "EunGiYah"

This part made me cringe:unsure:.  I guess it is just me thinking that EG should have held his feelings in because he knows and understands DM so much so he should have known that she has always been a brother to her!  And from the start of the fake dating, he could tell already that DM was more committed to the relationship even though it was fake.  His confession just made things awkward for them.  I think it would have been better to keep his feelings and still stay close to DM like a brother.  Oh, well! I'm sure at the last episode, they will go back to being besties.  :rolleyes:

• Like 5

:wub: I'm so glad i have lots of free time today i was able to watch ep. 11 uninterrupted! A good thing too because i would have looked crazy laughing, bouncing and tearing up at some point.  I love, love this episode more than the previous one.  Kudos to the writer and PD.  They did a really wonderful job with this episode.  Just enough smooching, hugging, skinship, some laughs and a little bit of mystery to be solved.  I nearly fell from my chair when DMs mom told RG that all those fangirl stuff were hers.  I love the scene when DM was saying goodbye to her mom and she kept making signs that she loves her mom.  She's so cute! :P  I love the dialogues! "We're educated people.  We can't fight out in the streets."  So true!  They're so mature.  I know this is a standard rom-com but the way they handle their relationship is amazing.  Most kdrama plots move forward through misunderstandings which really gets me frustrated.  But these two, they talk it out.  What am i going to do after you two? I seriously am going to miss the shades of gold.  :unsure:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, haartie said:

But, but ... but I remember they (tvN) promised a first couple night in ep 11? Where it it?

By the way, I love reading all of your insights. I never went too deeply into analyzing a couple's emotions like this before.

Regarding the plot, I watch quite a lot of rom-com to know that romance can be a central plot without too many events. But for me, the show can only be attractive to watch if they present enough conflicts to make viewers care about results/how conflicts are solved. Putting love aside, I do feel like the show is lacking a bit of conflict, I watch it mainly for our OTP. With this pace, I don't think there is a break-up ahead (they already sorted of breaking up once) so I wonder what's more in store regarding the romance for us. 

True, conflicts in kdramaland moves the plot forward but for HPL, in my opinion, the plot moves forward with our OTP's relationship and the mystery behind RG's childhood trauma with those bubble paintings.  It's just 16 epi and we're on 11 already so i guess that would focus on the mysterious paintings, RG's abandonment, and DM's memories of running around with kids while playing bubbles.  And there's SJ's dilemma with her husband.  Not to mention HJ character development and EG and ID acceptance.  I think it's fine there are no dramatic conflicts.  I love the fluff and swoon worthy moments as it is.  :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Hello everyone, first time posting here :) I have been lurking here since we were at page 40-ish and now it's already 145. It's a pleasure to read through all the insights and have a community to share our feelings about this amazing drama!!

I have a few episodes on my favorite and I thought the later episodes cannot top them, but I'm so glad that this drama prove me wrong. K dramas usually get draggy and boring with nonsense logic and hella slow pace towards the end of the drama so I'm not having high hopes while watching ep 11, but the plot is moving at a great pace and there are great moments in it. One of the plot lines I like the most is how they solve Deok Mi's fangirl secret together with the grand revelation of Latte nim very quickly (in less than 30 mins). For other dramas this secret alone can be dragged for 2-3 episodes with male and female lead get unreasonably angry and being childish towards each other. I'm happy that our drama is not like that, they solve it in a mature way (communication!!) and add the extra bit of cuteness (bantering). If Cindy is not there and we might even get a hot scene after that ;)

About the last bit of ep 11 when Ryan drove to DM's house to seek comfort, without letting DM knows the reason why he was so broken at that moment, I really felt that DM is a sensitive girlfriend with very high EQ. When Ryan called, it was already 2 am and DM was already asleep at that time, but she was immediately awake and so happy to have a conversation with Ryan when he called, and she was ready to continue the conversation with Ryan when she sensed something was off in Ryan's tone by turning on the lights (communication wins again). Usually people will tell you to go to sleep as it's already late bla bla, but DM's willing to give up her sleep to talk with Ryan at 2 am. We as viewers know why Ryan needs comfort at that time, but DM does not, but she still does what we, who understand the context fully, would do in that situation. She also tried to encourage Ryan to talk about his issue by asking him again whether he just came by to see her, and didn't force him anymore when he didn't want to talk but just hugging him instead. I teared up a bit in that scene mostly due to Ryan's sadness, but part of it was because DM's action was so touching.

As this drama has surpassed many viewers' expectations of a rom-com, I sincerely hope that the writer can continue with what he/she's been doing so far and avoid all the noble idiocy at all cost. There can be separation at some point as long as it's reasonable and necessary for the characters to grow further. But if there's separation then please give us more skinship when they reconcile as well :D 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Hueee said:

Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Put A Romantic Twist On Card Game In “Her Private Life”

May 16, 2019
by S. Nam

New stills showing Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook enjoying a sweet home date have been released!

In the recent stills, Park Min Young (playing Sung Duk Mi) and Kim Jae Wook (playing Ryan Gold) are enjoying a game of Go-Stop. While Park Min Young has many cards laid in front of her, Kim Jae Wook barely has any, showing the vast difference in skills between the two. Park Min Young is calculating her high score, while Kim Jae Wook looks completely shocked.

The couple also carries out a cute punishment for the loser. Kim Jae Wook, with his eyes shut tight, hands his hand over to Park Min Young. Rather than slapping his wrist, Park Min Young surprises him by kissing his wrist instead.

The two actors showed off their amazing chemistry when filming this scene. While taking turns at making ad-libs, Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook realistically portrayed a couple, making the people on set burst out into laughter.

The production staff of “Her Private Life” shared, “Even the staff couldn’t help but smile while filming Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook’s sweet and heart-fluttering ad-lib fest. You’ll be able to see the sweet and affectionate sides of the couple for which 24 hours of dating isn’t enough.”

“Her Private Life” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST. Watch the latest episode below!

MAKES ME HAPPY TO KNOW IT WAS AD LIB!

They will have ad-lib fest again for this scene? :joy: the writer and director will have much easier job with these two as leads. I bet the writer will be like "why the hell do I bother to write the lines if they will never follow it?!?" and make the script just "Deok Mi and Ryan having a fight because he confessed about Latte" and just wait for them to do their amazing ad-lib :joy: No wonder PMY and KJW reactions in some scenes looks super natural and sometimes the line between Ryan/Deok Mi and KJW/PMY are blurred. 

They really are amazing actors.

• Like 11
  • LOL 5

My bias for episod 11 is Deok Mi.... The lioness has roared....Go Deok Mi. I am loving her. DM shouts ...I am woman hear me roar!!!!....GGRRRRRRRR.

She has become the woman she was like in the first episodes when they were fake dating at the park where she was so open and caring of Ryan so naturally, before she developed feelings for Ryan, self assured open and more!!!  In this episode, she has taken charge. Just like her best friend  Sun Joo said, Deok Mi has grown up.  She has always been grown up but for that one time when she became unsure of herself and believed in someone else's words, but now she is back  to her stronger, courageous self and is totally in charge and with the help of Ryan's forbearing attitude. By calling DM Si Na Gil, Ryan reveals he knows what she is afraid of and she does not have to be, that they can talk. I love her split decision making, when she comes out of hiding from EG's back, how she grabbed Ryan's hand and said "let us go talk somewhere." I also like that she did not ignore her "brother", the man whom she knew was also concerned about her and reassures him, with "it is okay". The reveal of both their "secret identities" was nicely done as it became humurous  with Ryan making fun of what she wrote, "Si An's thighs are my welfare" and Ryan adding "his clavicle is also nice". I also like that DM was comfortable to start the making up session after the "fight" but got interrupted. SIGH....ARRGGHHH. I laugh at Ryan's being jealous of Si An even if he does not admit it, when he did not want Si An to know that noona curator is Si An's fan. He understands his woman's fangirling from afar, but not close up. It would be so fun to see "hyung" wanting to beat up poor Si An when SA realizes that noona is his fan and Ryan sees his girlfriend fangirling close up "our Si An" and SA loving it.

They don't talk about it, but they both know that DM has seen the secret room. Ryan does not say anything about how he feels but somehow he knows that DM supports him just because she does. She quietly holds his hands letting him know her presence when he is pensive and forlorn, does little things as buying them the drinks and showing him that she understands. Tells him gently that it is okay for them to get to know each other slowly, comfortably and honestly, and have fun  making new discoveries about each other. At night when Ryan woke up from the dream of his childhood abandonment, he cried and ran to DM, just to see her and reassure himself that she is real. He is far away from home (NY), far from the family who raised him, people he grew up with and is here in the country where he was abandoned as a child and he feels shaky. DM is a woman he has fallen in love with and the person whom he trusted to bear his soul and the one whom he runs to after a recurring hurtful dream of his abandonment. He tells her that it was enough that he checked on her and was going to leave after reassuring himself that she was there. But DM, lovely, perceptive DM knew this very vulnerable man, needed more than just to check on her, that somehow he was there because he was hurting silently. DM then ran after Ryan, hugged him tightly, calmly communicating her understanding and support. The self controlled Ryan broke down. I cried. 

DM what a woman. She more than restored my faith in her .... and my fangirling of her!!! Go DM!!

Si An and Ryan must have known that they had brothers in the past and got separated. The way Si An pursues the person who  bought the other paintings and how he easily called Ryan "hyung" and talks about them meeting each other was fated, and now wants to talk informally.... to me seems like he suspects that Ryan could be more than just the painter/director who came from America. Ryan also inviting SA to eat chicken at his home seems to want to know more about this kid who is so interested in obtaining the nine paintings of Lee Sol and knows that there are nine paintings. Ryan's facial expression when SA demanded that Ryan orders boneless chicken and sits at the table as if it were his house was amused. There is one more painting left for them to find. I like how the dots are slowly being connected. Were they both adopted from an orphanage? 

I am wondering if the person who abandoned Ryan in the streets was his mother. Does not the voice sound like a man? Anyway, we will know soon enough. If Ryan will be re united with family, I hope they include his adoptive mother from America. She did well by Ryan. She raised him well. 

Madame Eom is a Director of the Cultural Arts Foundation. So, she carries some weight. Ryan maybe the golden boy of arts but he is a foreigner, and that is a disadvantage. Eom is determined to disallow the Lee Sol paintings which is the collection of the idol, her daughter is crazy about. I think for Ryan, including the Lee Sol paintings in the exhibit is a means to find the painter. But does he have to include the collection? What if he can find the painter without the collection being included in the exhibit? I want to see how Ryan and Si An will band together to get the Lee Sol paintings included in the exhibit or how they will find out about each other through the paintings and that is no longer important whether the collection is included or not because they will help the other find the painter?

As for Sun Joo and Seung Min, trust has been broken. Seung Min wanted to change his employment position inorder to please Sun Joo because his present position takes him away from home for many days and Sun Joo wanted her husband home more often. Seung Min wanted to write an article that could get him the position and that was about fangirling. Seung Min did not trust his wife enough to tell her what he was up to. I think if he was honest with Sun Joo that she may balk the first time but may see the importance of writing the subject matter of fangirling and even help him with the content of his article. That he will be able to define fangirling in a more positive way and explain the differences of fangirling and idol worshipping/fantasizing to the extent of getting depressed and stalking. That would have been a fantastic article. But Seung Min lying and stealing the contents from Si Na Gil blog including the pictures of her best friend being embraced by Ryan and writing and publishing that was crappy. Will he be able to reconcile with his wife? 

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

Why do i got a bit of a “bad” feeling for tonight’s episode.

cause i saw DM in the preview when she looked startled and walk backwards, also the woman who let go of RG hands when he was a kid looks kinda DM mom.

They must be connected/maybe DM mom actually the key of RG childhood/ she knows the answer for it.

But anyway, hope all the questions can be solve nicely without getting in the way of our couple

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bobacha said:

I read the next comment in that blog post above, and can't help feeling defensive of HPL.

Of course the romance IS the plot!  I don't need all the usual kdrama tropes and conflicts!  I watch HPL for the sizzling chemistry of our OTP hahaha...  There are so many genres in kdramas - imo HPL is as good as it gets for a romcom.    Watch Sky Castle if you're looking for tangled plot. Btw Kim Bo-ra (Sindy) is excellent in Sky Castle.

I've also heard this common complaint about HPL, how there's a lackluster story or its too slow. I'm like, watching their relationshio develop IS the plot. What else could you want? I don't want to watch DM get kidnapped by Director Eom, or Ryan get into some action sequence involving Lee Sol. That's dumb, there are a lot of other dramas who have action/adventure as the main plot, with romance being secondary. This show has romance being the PRIMARY. And I wouldn't have it any other way, it's rare to see characters and relationships written this well, and focusing on the romance to boot. I don't need stuff that will distract me from seeing the cuteness overload that is our OTP. 

• Like 18
  • Love 2

I finally watched ep 11 and it was just full of so much goodness!! I absolutely love how DM and RG resolve their misunderstandings like proper mature adults. The romance just feels natural and real and their relationship has genuinely grown from their first meeting till now. I also love that our lead couple are both equally appealing and likeable. 

I loved the entire episode but my highlights would have to be:

- watching DM be a very proud fangirl in her zone showcasing her SA 'exhibits' to RG and him being the ever loveable boyfriend by genuinely listening and enjoying her excitement - not to go too much off topic but this part reminds me of myself when I'm happily chatting to my partner about kdramas or kpop, he just goes along with it and I always feel like the proudest fan haha

- DM's mum trying to pretend all the SA goods were hers :joy: that part had me dying of laughter, it's such a classic moment haha

- RG purposely making himself look like a babe (not that he even needs to try) to distract DM from her fangirling example. When he unbuttoned his shirt, I pretty much died :wub::wub:

- the end scene where DM just knew something was wrong and hugged RG - this is one of the biggest reasons why I love this couple, their ability to be patient and just understand one another is such a rarity in kdrama land.

I'm definitely interested to know RG's story. He is such a patient, understanding, confident and loveable lead that it's heartbreaking to watch him so broken over his past. I absolutely can't wait to see him and DM work through this together.

• Like 14
  • Love 1