[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

23 minutes ago, myd8 said:

Something to worry about

I’m a little worried on what Choi Da Out intend to do.. coz in the episode 12 teaser she said she’s left with one thing which she could do. But, its not very clear whether its related to RG-DM r/ship. Nope..  Scratch that. I think it’s all related to RG-DM r/shipp. Please CD-Out don’t let us hate you more.. Also, please writer nim, no breaking up due to noble idiocy or anything alike:cry:

Same here! I am really worried about what Da-Out said in the teaser. I don't want a break-up when there's just few eps left! So may things need to be resolved first e.g Ryan's identity, Lee Sol and Deokmi's mom- (If you could recall in ine of the eps Deokmi's mom was looking at the kids and was reminiscing about something. I do hope it's nothing related to Ryan otherwise he'll be shattered again.) On a happier note, I am really loving the relationship between Ryan and Deokmi's parents- how he showed respect to them on all the times they were together.

• Like 9

@Ondine, @luvcrabbieshinhwa, I agree DM is sensitive and am aware of the significance of LeeSol paintings to RG. She did hold his hands while he stared at the painting.  I don’t expect DM to barge in to force RG to pour his heart out.  

Just that the method of ‘cheering’ RG was a bit off. (Maybe due to PPL obligation). At the end of the day, she left him alone by himself and she slept soundly. Not bothered.  

Remember how EG tried to be there for her at the roof top with drinks and snacks? Quietly listened. I was expecting something like that from DM but was lacking in most part of ep11. 

Anyways, at the end, DM did rise to the occasion at the end of ep11.

i believe in the remaining episodes, i will see DM give more than receive. 

Edit to add- my last 2 posts were after watching raw, so there is a possibility don’t sense DM reaching out  since I don’t understand the dialogues. Now I see the gif above with subtitle- DM complimenting RG “you look pretty/ beautiful when you smile.” Huh?!? I was right, that’s not the way to reach out to an adult, please. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Jemrie said:

Everyone talks about how understanding Ryan is as a boyfriend, but Deok Mi is one good girlfriend as well, she pays attention,  comfort, and perceived  the person that she loves..so it's take 2 people to have a good relationship.

------------

Hide contents

nuestsaron

song deok-mi being a supportive girlfriend and showering her boyfriend with compliments in ep 11

---------

That is one of reason I stan DM. K drama needs nore female leads like this. 

Even I want to switch place with DM/PMY so I can get RG/KJW dor myself.

• Like 9

@celest1al This is seriously so...WILD. I had my thoughts planned out right before I saw your post and I literally had to stare at my phone and blink a few times because who is this person who just hacked into my brain and ghostwrote this for me? 

I think I could go on and on about why I love KJW and PMY here as Ryan and DeokMi but I’m sure I’d just be echoing all that has been said about them already. 

PLEASE DO. I am thirsty for content! I don't think any of us here would be opposed to this ♥

4 hours ago, celest1al said:

However, I think the thing I loved the most was the way episode 11 started and ended. It started (or ended last episode) with Ryan saying, “It’s okay... Shi Na Gil.” And it ended with DeokMi saying, “It’s okay... you can cry.” It was very touching. And a true sign of a deepening relationship when you can see that person’s deepest darkest secret and tell them it’s okay... that you see them and you accept them. That you don’t have to be embarrassed (for DM) and that you don’t have to suffer alone (for Ryan). I loved the way Ryan accepted DM’s fangirling, and without much judgement, and I think part of it is because he’s an artist himself and he sees her passion as something that is almost inspiring... in the same way he respects her parents’ obsessions as well. And with DM... although Ryan hasn’t told her in detail about the triggering paintings and his trauma other than from their conversation at the museum in episode 3 and the hand holding bit, she doesn’t push him to share. She senses how he’s feeling and reacts in such a reassuring way, such as the hand hold when they find the painting, and the hug at the end. And that last scene... it was very beautiful. I work with emotionally disturbed youth who tend to have trauma, and it’s heartbreaking. Those feelings of abandonment, of not feeling wanted or loved... that pain runs so deep. So the fact that DM hugged him without asking questions and provided a shoulder to cry on, was the most loving thing that she could have done for him. It was touching and moved me to tears and it will definitely be one of the most memorable scenes for me. 

THIS. I was really out here thinking that nothing could top Ep. 10 for me but HPL keeps getting better and better. Ryan and DM have undoubtedly become my favorite kdrama couple for this exact reason. This scene, as well as the one from earlier when she linked hands with him and brought him back to reality, goes to show how far DM's empathy can reach. I think this is the exact same reason why Si An mentioned that he loves SNG as a fansite because of her ability to sympathize with him through the medium of photography. I'm glad that TVN didn't let us down when they talked about showing their mature relationship growing in this episode (although you know, it wouldn't hurt for a mature romance either hehe). It was small moments like these that really make them as a couple seem so real (thank you kdrama gods for PMY and KJW). And their connection!!! This drama isn't safe for my single life omg. This is exactly what Ryan needed at the right time, and now he finally has HIS person to be there for him. She, who doesn't have any clue on the context of the change in his mood, was able to provide what he needed the most. And like the ice cream scene, she does it so subtley and gives him validation and compliments to lighten his mood and it just instantly brightens up his life. This is even more of a reason for me to continue quietly push the ending with them having children of their own @ writer-nim! I joke about how it would be fun to see Ryan and his fangirl/fanboy family, but it would just come full circle with Ryan finally having a complete family of his own where he can provide love and be given that love in return that he was missing all these years. 

Some observations and things to look forward to... 

From ep 11, during Ryan’s dream, we were able to hear the voice of the lady who abandoned him and even though it was distorted, it sounded like DM’s mom to me... I definitely don’t think Ryan and DM are related, but I do think there’s some painful connection. Hopefully they handle this storyline well... fingers crossed. 

– From ep 12 preview, it looks like DaIn has one last thing up her sleeve and I’m going to guess that she’s going to try and find Lee Sol as a last attempt to gain Ryan’s attention. 

– I also feel like ShiAn may be looking for his brother, which could definitely be Ryan. Hope to see more scenes of them together.

– I actually like and appreciate where SJ and her husband’s storyline is going due to their honest conversation in ep 11 because I was not as interested before. I hope that they will be able to work it out. 

– I also like what they’re doing with Sindy/HyoJin! My personal thought is that I hope Sindy ends up working with DM to run the fanpage and learn as a mentee to be a healthy fan and not a stalker. 

– I also really hope to see Ryan and DM  create art together. I hope he will be inspired by her and that she could play a part in helping him overcome his inability to paint. Also a kiss somewhere in there? :P 

Spoiler

- OK GREAT. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I haven't had the chance to rewatch (but I'm about to after this) but that was my instant reaction when I was first watching today's episode. Admittedly, I'm also kinda worried about this storyline and their connection. I've seen many reactions regarding the possible childhood connection trope, most not very receptive towards it. I think we could do fine without it, but the writing of this drama has been subverting many tropes already so I am hoping this will be tackled in the same way. I'm really excited for tomorrow's episode and them exploring Ryan's past. And the ultimate bonus of all -- KJW with kids again!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! One of my strongest hunches is that DM's mom has a past with the orphanage.

Spoiler

lRiff60.jpg

zhZQFAd.jpg

LgJ5mzj.jpg

I had to rewatch this scene to clear my thoughts, because when I first watched this, for a hot second I actually thought that maybe, just maybe, DM was also adopted. I need to rewatch some of the earlier episodes with DM's dream that was similar to Ryan's, her mom's memory after looking at the kids in EG's dojo when she came to visit, as well as the dialogue between DM's mom and Editor Nam and their past. It's been mentioned before that DM had a younger brother that passed? I might edit this reply later once I gather more information with my train of thought. I can already see where I could be wrong though, but the main reason why I thought that DM could have been adopted was because of the last screencap where she regretted saying that and shut her mouth. But then again, having fights like this with you mom could also lead to saying something you don't mean and still doing the same reaction as DM. Again, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but I just felt the need to put it out there.

- Will the second leads please just give our couple a rest? We know the angst is coming up in the remaining episodes, but throwing the second leads in there might just add unnecessary conflict. This is one thing that ticks me off -- what is CDI's purpose? Ryan has explicitly told her already that he isn't interested in her at all. CDI is in denial knowing full well what Ryan's feelings are (and to our pure-hearted SA who was trying to ease his manager's comments knowing it might make her uncomfortable). If she was a good friend, shouldn't she just leave Ryan be happy with the one he loves, although I am very curious to see her history with Ryan as a romantic interest. I'm also worried that she would do something like you mentioned, where she'll think that Ryan finding his missing link with Lee Sol will suddenly make him fall for her. Unfortunately, that's not how this works. Not in this drama and not in the real world. Also @ EG -- I get that you're steadfast in your feelings in not giving them up but buddy, I have some news for you. It's never going to work out. And I felt bad for DM because his confession was burdensome and she didn't know how to handle the situation, but I'm glad that she and Ryan were able to talk about it openly and she immediately told him. Seeing the preview, it looks like EG and CDI will be meeting each other. But hey, the saying goes "Birds of a feather flock together" right?

- I see you're suggesting a possible Ghost-like scene :phew:? We stan a true intellectual :w00t:

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

I found a great comment by mehitable on this recap by Dramas with a Side of Kimchi:

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/05/13/her-private-life-episodes-9-10-a-chatty-recap/#comment-6124

I've seen many comments around the internets about the lack of plot in HPL, but here commenter discusses how in a romance book or movie, the romance is the plot. There's a usual structure for a romance plotline, and the commenter discusses how the plotline in HPL relates to this structure.

• Like 12

Love how sensitive Deok-mi is to Ryan's feelings, and how she handled it. The back hug was lovely, and just the right touch. Ryan wasn't asking for a big show of comfort, and Deok-mi understood.

Their fight about Latte was adorable, she whacking him as he teases her. These two are couple goals, haha.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, rcalma said:

Yeah i feel bad for EunGi knowing all about DeokMi's secrets but the actual truth he was left behind... 

Nope. I feel no sorry for Eun Go & Choi Daout. Like hello you've got all the time before, but why now?

Yesterday's episode was kinda special to me. Like yeah I enjoy watching the cute / funny scenes (even without sub) but that ending. She consoles him. She never ask him anything, she acknowledges how sensitive he is now. Just hug. 

I'm glad that he's slowly accept her concern and she of course trying best to make he feel better. The fact that they are both so receptive to each other's feelings, that they are so empathetic of each other, is such a beautiful thing. There are always be a safe space where both of them can let their guards down and become completely vulnerable.

tumblr_prkmykqzei1qkgj9mo6_r1_400.giftumblr_prkmykqzei1qkgj9mo8_r1_400.gif

Tears are not a sign of weakness though. Those tears a sign of strength, love and trust. A man who are able to access his emotions can do so because he’s confident of their masculinity and feel comfortable in front of the woman who he’s crying to.

Man, I definitely gonna have sick withdrawal symptoms when HPL ends :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Waiting to watch episode 11 tonight at tvn. Reading all the recap makes my day. Can’t help smiling seeing them. Tvn, why don’t you put many video at youtube like WWWSK? This k-drama is pure happiness.

• Like 4

Weighing in on Ep 11 too... Eungi's and Seonjoo's heartbreaks aside, it was a warm episode with a good dose of cute. :)

Ryan and Deokmi's relationship progress

It's only been a few days of being "official", but they've actually been in a relationship for a while already since the "fake dating" period had actually allowed them to go through the getting-to-know each other phase. Their relationship went to the next level of emotional maturity this episode, and I especially liked it that it was Deokmi (and not Ryan) who suggested they go off somewhere to talk. There was an issue that needed addressing, and she wasn't going to hum and haw about it. That gave her a good level ground to talk during the "face off" in his apartment, and you can see that despite their annoyance with each other in the car, they weren't going to go through accusatory finger pointings. It was all just a series of clarifications to be made, no blames assigned, only concerns brought to the table. And Deokmi explains very clearly the line drawn between fangirling and dating for real - there is no other true investment other than that of time and a good squee, which is what we all need from time to time, right? Every hobby is like that too. A real relationship, however, goes beyond that. Let's be honest and adult about it now - without the physical aspect to a romantic relationship, it doesn't really get anywhere. Both emotional and physical aspects of the relationship must develop in tandem. One without the other is really just a fling.

Eungi and Seonjoo need to sort out their lives

Everyone goes through some sort of imbalance at some point in their lives. And we need always to re-establish equilibria of some sort. For Eungi, he needs to get to where he can move on, and he must. As some of you have pointed out, him telling Deokmi that he will wait, regardless of how long it takes, is quite so pointless because she already made it clear to him that she is with Ryan. But it's something she can't rush in him. Truthfully, him saying that to her is very burdensome, hence her phone call to Ryan. She's naturally upset. But also, as Ryan advised, just don't do anything drastic. Everyone needs time to sort things through, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. 

Seonjoo, well, marital woes. She's right to point out that her husband's lack of truthfulness and manipulation (of her and their son) is recipe for relationship disaster. She's feeling hurt and betrayed not because of the content of the documentary but his lack of respect for her. That is truly a problem. Is it all Seungmin's fault though? I don't know. He doesn't seem to know his wife very well, and she too seems equally un-invested in their relationship. She did say she got married because she got pregnant, so maybe the relationship just never managed to get mature enough before they were committed to a life together. Much to be said again about getting into relationships when older than younger. Hopefully they both muster up enough courage to have that heart-to-heart talk the way Deokmi and Ryan did in their days-old relationship.

What's to come?

I do wonder if Dain's comment of "this leaves me with one thing to do" has more to do with the threat the exhibition is facing than with Ryan and Deokmi's relationship. Afterall, as Ryan said, Dain respects him first and foremost as an artist and creative director, and that much respect is mutual from him to her too. She came in part to Korea to find that artistic inspiration again. More than chasing a relationship that she clearly also knows never was, she is trying to move on to her next phase in artistic development. If Ryan commissions this piece of work with Sian, sure it must be that he believes it is something she can do, and do it she will if it brings her mojo back. 

The way Sian looks at Ryan when he talks about Lee Sol's paintings hints at him knowing something Ryan doesn't. And Ryan, being the way he is, isn't also about to ask too much lest it means he has to divulge too much. But is the connection between them as simple as brotherhood? Gotta ask then why Ryan was abandoned and where Sian popped up from thereafter. Sian has a backstory that's not been told yet.

Director Eom. I can't decide if I like her enough to hope things turn out well for her too. She's eccentric, for sure. But when she slapped Deokmi, she lost loads of points with me. She's definitely someone who thinks money controls all, including her daughter. I hope Sindy develops that maturity of character doing this internship, and I hope her mum learns what it's like to lose control of everything and everyone she thought was under her command of whim and fancy, and learn that true leadership comes with relationship building, even in the family. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 6

Bit of a late update by tvN. They must figure it's worthwhile since it features a small peck between our couple. I have to agree though, they are rather stingy with the video uploads in regards to this show. For the most part though, they are at least uploading most of the ones we actually want to watch over and over and over again. :tounge_xd:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Waiting to watch episode 11 tonight at tvn. Reading all the recap makes my day. Can’t help smiling seeing them. Tvn, why don’t you put many video at youtube like WWWSK? This k-drama is pure happiness.

Yeah, I remember they used to upload nearly all the scenes for WWWSK, including the side stories. Which was good for me, because even if my stream sucked, I could watch practically the whole episode on their Youtube right after it ended. :D Now they just upload 3 videos per HPL episode, 4 if we're lucky. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 50okie said:

DM complimenting RG “you look pretty/ beautiful when you smile.” Huh?!? I was right, that’s not the way to reach out to an adult, please

You're right that's not they way to reach out to an adult, but that's the way you speak when you are in love. I don't know where you are but here in Canada it a very common practice or more it's a culture. We compliment to encourage bonding. You might find it fake when you hear 'Oh!, you look pretty today' or 'that color suits you' (something like that) this is the greetings we use after our Good morning. To you it may sound off but to us it sounds natural when you in love like RG and DM.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I can’t deal with this chemistry! It’s too much for me to handle! Ep. 11 was awesome!!! So many character developments in one episode! I’m kinda curious to see how they are going to carry the story for the last 4 episodes. Not that I am complaining, they can do lovey dovey scenes for the rest of the series and I would not mind that at all! 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, 50okie said:

@Ondine, @luvcrabbieshinhwa

Edit to add- my last 2 posts were after watching raw, so there is a possibility don’t sense DM reaching out  since I don’t understand the dialogues. Now I see the gif above with subtitle- DM complimenting RG “you look pretty/ beautiful when you smile.” Huh?!? I was right, that’s not the way to reach out to an adult, please. 

I suggest to watch them with subs if you don't understand the language...then form an opinion after that. 

Though sometimes the subtitles lost in translation and nuance... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Hueee said:

new stills

She will be his 'medicine'. I believe they play go or hwatu a korean game if I am not mistaken.

Most probably they place a bet who ever loses will receive a slap using two finger as punishment.

My prediction that Ryan lose and the receiver of the punishment. And yet DM put a kiss to soothe the 'injured place'.

Omo,omo.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

I know you guys were so excited and still can't move on with last night episode..but my eagle eyes spot something... I'm surprised that nobody talk about the missing small couch that RG throw his watch...during the banter scene when he hugged her, the small couch was not there :phew:.. i know they probably need some space for the banter scene or else we won't get the couch hugged scene..yummm KJW looks so perfect from his right side i tell yall... the jawline and his perfect nose is so beautiful..:rolleyes:

I'm having a serious STS today..damnnn i don't know how long gonna take for me to move on after this drama end.. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3