[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

10 minutes ago, J13 said:

- DM's mum trying to pretend all the SA goods were hers :joy: that part had me dying of laughter, it's such a classic moment haha

I laughed so hard many many times. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

I'm just catching up on the previous comments (this thread is moving so fast :joy:) and maybe the first couple night happens after the last scene of ep 11 so start of ep 12? ;)

I had a feeling some comments would eventually pop up saying there was too much focus on the romance but the romance storyline is first and foremost, the foundation of the drama. There are side stories to add to the drama but overall, the drama is about a woman who hides her fangirl ways, falls in love with a man who seems prickly on the outside and we watch her journey maneuvering through this. This is not an intense melodramatic drama and was never intended to be so not sure why there are negative comments but I guess you can't please everyone! 

I really enjoy reading everyone's comments predicting RG's past, it's so fascinating hearing all the theories. Imagine if us fans all got together to write our own drama, wouldn't it be epic haha

Off topic but how lovely did PMY look in that light pink suit. I just love eveything about her style in this drama. KJW is just as handsome and charasmatic as ever. I love how RG and DM's outfits have kind of been matching too.

Anyways sorry for two long posts lol can't wait for ep 12 tomorrow!!

• Like 10
  • Love 1

couldn't find my message regarding Ryan's bad memory ep 11 where there was a woman voice said "I'm not your mother". What I thought she must be DM's mom but she is not Ryan's mom. Probably she is helping Ryan's mother taking care of his son but lost contact because DM's father business was in trouble (remember DM said she need to take care of the family and not able to study aboard?).

• Like 5

Coming back to soompi forum. The last time i logged in when watching Reply88. So long time ago. 

This drama bring me be back here :D

HPL really made my day, I can rewatch my fav scene like thousand times a day. Just love our OTP so much. 

Gonna tell this:

What I love about RG, he always say sorry first. Like we know, most of men has their ego, always hesitate to say sorry. But, RG always lower his ego to DM. 

What I love about DM, she is such a superb great gf. She always know how to comfort his bf. 

Both of them know what to do.. I ship them like crazyyy...  :wub::wub:

• Like 10

Funny how KJW is portraying an artist and in reality his face is perfect as though he really were sculptured by an artist haha the man is so handsome, I just can't explain it :wub::wub:

Ok ok enough posts from me, I need to sleep for work tomorrow haha

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, bobacha said:

read the next comment in that blog post above, and can't help feeling defensive of HPL.

Of course the romance IS the plot!  I don't need all the usual kdrama tropes and conflicts!  I watch HPL for the sizzling chemistry of our OTP hahaha...  There are so many genres in kdramas - imo HPL is as good as it gets for a romcom.    Watch Sky Castle if you're looking for tangled plot. Btw Kim Bo-ra (Sindy) is excellent in Sky Castle

Don't worry about that. I check that page again and found another comment from the same person. I'm quite sure he/she is like Director Eom who is so offensive toward fangirl topic. Or maybe someone who wanna spread hate.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, annie1234 said:

They will have ad-lib fest again for this scene? :joy: the writer and director will have much easier job with these two as leads. I bet the writer will be like "why the hell do I bother to write the lines if they will never follow it?!?" and make the script just "Deok Mi and Ryan having a fight because he confessed about Latte" and just wait for them to do their amazing ad-lib :joy: No wonder PMY and KJW reactions in some scenes looks super natural and sometimes the line between Ryan/Deok Mi and KJW/PMY are blurred. 

They really are amazing actors.

I haven't watched too many K-romcoms (and many of the ones I watched came out years ago), but it seems like this amount of ad libbing is pretty rare. Does anyone know of other rom coms with a lot of ad libs? I'd be curious to watch it. :D I think it takes fantastic chemistry to pull it off (which of course PMY and KJW have in spades).

• Like 5
  • Love 1

annyeong chingu..

Her Private Life eps  12 is starting soon. i hope i can do the live recap today. since i haven't had time to watch the previous eps (eps 11) :sweatingbullets:  hope i can understand more and the stream is friendly and goes smoothly... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

@gemini1990_stv

Because This last stretch  of episodes is when a happy healthy K drama couple normally gets separated, OOC Noble stupidity, angsts and broods and clams up when they should communicate.  Very annoying.  

Hmmm i hope not.  Despite HPL being your standard rom com, the writer and PD (or is it KJW & PMY themselves?) has deviated quite a bit from the usual makjang for our OTP.  So far, RG-DM interactions have been refreshingly mature and open.  I would go so far to say that it has been more realistic.  They haven't dwelt on petty issues and made them mountain of problems which is what usually happens in kdramaland.  Keeping my fingers crossed since EG and Choi might choose to team up and try to get in between them and lead to what you're expecting.  :angry:  On the other hand, that's not a bad idea for this OTP because the making up will be even hotter!  :w00t:

2 minutes ago, rcalma said:

Ready for Live Recap 

Woori Lion and Rabbit Up NEXT

Fighting!  I'm one of the lurkers waiting!  Kamsahamnida! :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Her Private Life - Eps 12

at DM penthouse, Ryan and DM are sitting in outside her bedroom. they are talking and holding hands. DM still comforts him saying that's okay. they are very sweet couple. DM also talks about her mom i think. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I'm not worried about internet speed...but this cafe is so noisy =-=

(im streaming shows, instead of watching TV despite being in Korea XDDD)

Hmmm I actually love the opening video for HPL...wonder where we can download it...

OMG THERE ARE TONS OF ADS TTT___TTT

FINALLY, IT STARTS T__T

This episode starts where we left off yesterday. tHEY HOLD HANDS outside DM's room.

DM looks at him lovingly. He tells her about his dream...telling her that it's about his childhood memory when he was abandoned. He told her that he lost memory when he was 7th years old and below... yet memory of him being abandoned is so vivid. He tells her that that's why he hates holding hand. She tells her that it's ok. He agrees. DM then tells about her childhood dream too...that she'd wake up screaming every time she dreams about it. Then she tells him she'd accompany him the whole night, "once you come inside, you cannot come out"

but they play cards, to Ryan's dismay LOLOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 3

E12 has begun. They are both sitting at the garden in her penthouse and he tells her that he had a bad dream. I think he says he feels better with her around. DM then leads RG into her house and teaches him how to play a Korean card game. It looks like the game of Go-stop? and RG loses and gets hit by DM. She has a thrill of a time winning over him. He gets smacked a fair bit by DM, he pulls a long face for losing and she kisses his wrist instead (where she used to hit him). He refuses to play anymore.

And they have a good time watching TV, drinking wine. he holds her in his arms as they watch what I think is an episode of Encounter (where the Cuban people are dancing on the hill at dusk) , it is an extremely intimate moment. And she falls asleep in his arms. He carries her to bed, and covers her. Then he sits by her side and watches her as she sleeps, caressing her face and kisses her on the forehead. [Gals, it is an extremely swoon-worthy scene]. He sleeps by her side and falls asleep. Then DM wakes up. She recalls how he was crying in her arms earlier on and touches his face. They sleep with their hands locked together.

(comment: there were obviously two scenes here as DM was sleeping on the left side of the bed, then she moved to the right so RG could lie next to her. LOL) 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 7

DM invites Ryan into her room and they play cards. DM explains to Ryan and the value of each card i think. DM wins and Ryan gets the punishment. he needs to get the hit on his wrist because of this. haha... Ryan loses to DM several times. Lol... when Ryans loses again, he is ready to get the punishment from DM, he closes his eyes. instead of hitting him, DM kisses his wrist. 

they then watch movie together and drink wine. they are sitting on the couch hugging each other. the movie has a kissing scene too. Lol 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 5