[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, Yenung Joa said:

Other than the bad background CGI it was a good episode, cuteness overload by the Soo-Hyun and Mi-Jin as well was really enjoyable. :love:

I hope it doesn't happen but if a terminal illness does get introduced which one out of SH and JH will you guys prefer to stay alive?:heartbreak::weary:

Why didn't I notice any CGI? My eyes must've been deceiving me. LOL

About the terminal illness plot line, I personally think that it won't happen. Knowing our writer, it's not her style to make things happen so literally. It may prelude to something bad, but as we can see there's nothing that our leads can't conquer even though it will take some time.

Just like how the girl petted the wolf.. might not kill the beast but having it subdued is good enough isn't it? 

Can't wait for todays episode! Fighting everyone!:wub:

57 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Finally in Episode 11, we saw that he has already made up his mind not to run for the Presidency. He's realistic that given his steadfast opposition toward the alliance proposed by his ex in-law, he will not have the political machinery to pursue the presidential campaign. But more importantly, he will not compromise his principles in exchange for political funds which is contingent on that alliance that he is so strongly opposed to. His wife will surely be in hysterics once she finds out as she has set her heart on entering in and living in the Blue House.

Now this is a huge plot development as CSH and her family only has attraction and use for the Taegyoung Chairwoman if Congressman Cha will run for presidential elections and will form alliance with her preferred party.

I salute her dad for doing something like this. HIs move might not be entirely for his daughter, but he definitely had her in his mind when he decided on this.

and JWS... oh JWS. What can I say? You would only have my pity. 

• Like 11

@nikir @shyguitar @thadora @stroppyse @dukesa1122 @rosschienta17 @rosiepeonie188 @nubianlegalmind@xu_lyfe

I don't see the story as foreshadowing for a sad ending.

Actually, what JH was trying to tell her showed his wisdom. No human being is immortal hence we have to accept that death will occur. Notice that JH doesn't see the story as a sad story but as a true love story. Even if the protagonist dies, his love will never disappear. He is telling her that there is no happily ever after. With his words, he is actually showing that fairy tales don't exist!! Remember that this writer uses a lot of references from fairy tales. However, all this time the author has been using the references in order to demystify the fairy tales. JWS as archetype for prince charming is revealed as a flawed man: weak, selfish and coward. With his fortune and position, he was not able to protect his wife or even he was not willing to protect her. When CSH claims with enthusiasm that she has become Cinderella in the first episode, the writer reversed the situation. In the fairy tale, Cinderella was treated like a princess, although she was living like a maid. In our drama, the princess became a normal person, she was able to live like a poor person (only sandals, no money, no cellphone). For him, death doesn't represent a contradiction to love, although the fairy tales are implying this notion. Death could never separate them ("happily ever after"). 

Moreover, their different perspective of the story revealed their different approach of life and love: SH is more focused on the man's death, while JH is thinking if the teacher who took the letter will bring it to the woman the poet loved. This open ending is interesting as it forces the readers to imagine their own ending. Does the letter reach the woman or not? If she gets it, what will be her reaction? Will she be comforted that he loved her or will she feel sad because she couldn't show her love for him? Nevertheless, for JH what mattered was the existence of the letter. This letter represented the love of the poet for this woman. The poet might be dead, but the letter is still there... That's why when JH confessed his love for her, he mentioned their death as he is well aware that death is part of their life but not their love. As conclusion, he is more focused on the letter symbolizing his love for the woman. The things symbolizing their love are already there: the while howl, the sandals, the red Christmas glas, now the couple rings... and as some point their children. 

JH is a wise, mature and very realistic person unlike JWS who acts like a spoiled brat in the end.

The next long analysis is on its way!:)  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

Lx6iBhT.jpg

DRdIYF4.jpg

The book KJH told CSH..

About This Book

A collection of nine short stories in which the characters bear the loss of loved ones or broken hearts, such as a middle-aged woman who couldn¡¯t forget her lover who passed away 13 years ago or a father who suddenly lost his son. 

I truly hope there's no such as foreshadowing:bawling:

Let's just patiently waiting for ep 12, 3hours to go

Edited:

@bebebisous33 just read your insight about the sad story KJH told SH..

He is telling her that there is no happily ever after. With his words, he is actually showing that fairy tales don't exist!! Remember that this writer uses a lot of references from fairy tales. As conclusion, he is more focused on the letter symbolizing his love for the woman. JH is a wise, mature and very realistic person unlike JWS.

since your hunch and analysis were proven, i put my trust in your words..

:heart:

• Like 15
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of this show being ended happily or sadly...

I think we need to accept the fact that these 3-4 episodes will be the "trials episodes"...

Whereby the story may bring our CSH and KJH separated or breaking up and other heart wrenching situations may occur to their relationship with each other, their family... I don't know...

And being a melodrama... I think we need to anticipate that much...

But hopefully... really hopefully... this will not end on a sad note.....................

Through this drama, the couple had revived my feeling of being loved and in love again... The beauty of love.

Something that had gone cold within me...

And against all odds, the non powerful non rich guy... with all his sincerity and love and kindness, loving this lonely, cold, sad, rich woman... 

I really, really need to see a happy ending, for them to be together in love..

:heart:

• Like 16

for tonight episode -  i wish JH's father just want to find out depth of their relationship not something else . ( i hope writer should not shock us with some plot twist :phew:

FInally, bogum with international fan fan support ( including Korea fan) for boyfriend filming site.  He is wearing promise ring.

his fan made a compilation of drunk KJH and CSH scene

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 4

Watching this episode 11 warmed my heart for the couple, but also left me with a heavy feeling of what's going to happen next.

I can truly appreciate the ex-husband wanting to fight for the woman he fell in love with at first sight--that speaks to my romantic heart.  But at this point, I'm beginning to feel like Marlin and Dory (Finding Nemo) after realizing the happy feeling light was a lure attached to a monster fish, "Happy feeling gone!"  I'm ready for him to be gone.

Sadly, he never learned how to demonstrate his love in front of her.  Trying to coerce her  back to him by threatening her position as CEO is no way to endear someone to you. He's also selling himself short--it would only means that she loved the company more than him...willing to sacrifice herself to keep her company by going back to him. He is also underestimating her relationship with Jin Hyuk-- these two are in love with each other and are already trying to protect each other.

To be honest, I'm not sure how she keeps the hotel, unless the ex-family is cut out of the picture. If not, they will always be in the background causing problems. I hope the ex-husband comes to his senses and turns over all his shares to her as a final act of "love", truly letting her go this time.  I also wish that Jin Hyuk was independent of this company for his livelihood.   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I had written that since we had two divorces in this drama, a third one might occur (Never two for three). All this time, I was thinking, CJH should file for a divorce. However, since we discovered that he won't run for the next presidential election, it seems that CJH has planned to sacrifice himself for his daughter. In my opinion, he could be the one who reveals how he sold off his daughter so that his reputation is tarnished. He asked the man from the other party to take care of his party as he doesn't want his own party to suffer because of him. I can imagine that MJO, CSH's mother, might decide to file for a divorce as she doesn't want to be tainted by the scandal. But by doing so, she definitely cuts ties with her own daughter as well... so that she ends up alone. I have the impression that the writer might create some parallels between the divorce of KSJ and CJH, if this happens. MJ supports her mother and rejects her biological father and I can imagine, CSH would do the same for her father, but the roles here would be reversed. 

Reminder: don't post here any link to live stream (illegal streams). Any post like that will be hidden. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Yey!! Finally all caught up.

This episode was so bittersweet sweet. Yes, there was just cuteness overload but there was also an undercurrent of foreboding as to what’s to come next. I kept on thinking that something would go wrong because they are just so happy but the big bad is still out there and they are plotting heavily. 

Finally, Jinsoo couple met each other’s parents- well sort of, it wasn’t anything official but it was pretty cute nonetheless to see both make such an effort. JH was so eager proclaiming that he’ll show up whenever he’s called for a meal and CSH sending gifts and just trying to do everything to make them as comfortable as possible.

Its kinda cool how them being so open about their relationship has shielded them in a way. We saw that with the Sokcho employees but also in this episode. For example, if the situation with the cleaning lady had happened whilst they were dating in secret, it would have turned into such company gossip whereas they in this case, the lady just laughed it off as a cute young lovers thing because them being together isn’t even gossip anymore. Even the restaurant manager wasn’t side eyeing the special treatment given to JHs parents and was trying his best to be helpful because of course she’d want to treat her boyfriends parents as well as possible. Can drama couples date this openly and healthily from now on please?

CSHs dad is amazing for the sacrifice that he made, but is is just me or there might be something more to the story? I smell skeletons but maybe I’m just getting ahead of myself 

Our Jinsoo couple!!!!! They had me up in my feels today. I love how open she was about how insecure she was with the relationship. I could tell that it made him sad that she felt that way but also happy that she loved him that much. 

The date in the woods was so cute. Is that his scarf she’s wearing? Hmm.. the rings, I love how in accepting them and declaring them better than all her jewellery, she was also assuring him that he is more than good enough for her. I refuse to think there’ll be any ending other than a happy one no matter what foreshadowing is going on.

I have a theory about the shady manager from the PR team. Throughout this episode, we see him really down. It’s like he’s becoming disillusioned with everything. What if he ends up  going over to CSHs side. Yes he’s a snake, but he if he can be used then it’s good right?

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, thadora said:

@bebebisous33Thank you. You're really amazing on your analysis. love love your part 4 cellphone.

I would like to thanks you as well. cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532It is great to read that people enjoy reading my analysis.mouse girl

writer pink mouseI am planning to write a final analysis "the significance of hands and feet" and this will be the end of the series. I just hope, people won't think it is getting boring.

However, from next week on, I won't be able to write that much, since I start working again. 

Another topic in mind is the sea. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1