Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, nubianlegalmind said:

JWS confronting JH yet again and declaring SH as "his woman" is the epitome of passive aggressive. So basically, he CAN speak up for himself when he is in front of someone he feels superior than. There is just one problem, CSH is JH's woman. Not in theory, but factually. Bless his heart. Maybe if he says it out loud and insults JH, he'll feel better. He really does get the daesang for the "Too Little, Too Late" award! :expressionless:

Regarding this part. I just want to ask at which scene did he say this? I just watched the eng sub in Viu and he didn’t say “his woman” when he confronted KJH. The translation was “the woman i love at first sight and i am still in love with”. Thanks :D

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, I don't know whether the wolf is SH's ex-husband or more symbolic of the various forces ranging against JH and SH's relationship, including the disapprobation of the public, Taeyang Group, SH's ex-husband, the Director who covets SH's position, JH's family's concern, or even SH's uncertainty of their relationship.

This is really possible. :thumbsup:

Forgive me, @bebebisous33 and @NongpeeP if I seem like I dont want to give up hope with WS “turning over to the light”. Maybe I just always want to see the good in people. My fault :joy: 

Please do not mistake this, however, of me shipping WS and CSH. Because thats a NO NO. I just want him to accept and let go. :ph34r: Although I wanna smack him senseless in this episode.

• Like 11

Putting this in the spoiler tag

Spoiler

I really hope that scene of JH next to the Little Prince’s painting is not some sort of foreshadowing 

The Little Prince ended on such a heartbreaking note :tears:

• Sad 11

My heart almost stopped. Why mention a poem with terminal illness? :cry:

like a bad omen i fear now the worst for ep 15-16. Korean writers love way to much storytelling with a long separationen near the end or deadly illness. I thought, this is a (romance)-Drama not melodrama. 

But i saw the last 2 ep to many subtil signs. :crazy:

Ex-husband... i liked him a lot in the first episodes. His character was so interesting  and i feeled so bad for him. His mother is such a horribly person, so i can understand where he is coming from. But i stopped to feel sorry for him, as SH told, she smiled the first time at the day on her divorce. She don‘t even remember at the details, what her mother-in-law did awful to her, but will never forget how her husband was standings next to her und watching this for years. And buy her bags und jewels the next day... idiot. Maybe the marriage was arranged, but SH sure tried to make it work. He dissapointed her und lost her trust for life. 

WS know SH to well and everybody can see, how happy she is right now. 

But what did the idiot do in ep11? He wants her come back? In this miserable life... i mean nothing has changed. Not really. He go‘s to JH und declared war. He knows how much the Hotel means to her and now he wants to force his way in the hotel and her life. Great!!! :angry:

take the Hotel as hostage and sperate her from the man she loves, so she can come back to you and your lovely mother and of course ...a depression life. 

Maybe he should remember, why in the First Place he came up with the Fake-affaire and gave her a way out and her freedom back. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

Episode Rating

Date Episode Nielsen Korea (%)
Nationwide Seoul
2018-11-28 01 8.683 11.454
2018-11-29 02 10.329 12.868
2018-12-05 03 9.251 11.772
2018-12-06 04 9.264 11.468
2018-12-12 05 8.513 10.575
2018-12-13 06 8.594 10.906
2018-12-19 07 8.592 10.612
2018-12-20 08 9.166 11.776
2019-01-02 09 7.810 9.845
2019-01-03 10 7.962 9.590
2019-01-09 11 7.513 9.310

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Love all your posts, though i'll admit i'm just halfway reading it. And my internet is not doing me a favor, it seems that not all the likes i made were registered.. i'll do that later again.

This episode is pure happiness ( except for the villain).

Watching few scenes last night w/o eng sub and this morning with eng sub, i just can't stop smiling.

Reading Ws face....everytime i see him, his face is turning more and more into depression, frustation, hopelessness than anger. Because he is such an idiot let him suffer. I think a person with anger releases his anger in a violent way, but a person with frustration and hopelessness takes it to a different level, a psychological warfare. And thats what he is doing. But he got himself wrong, Jh is an unbeatable opponent.

Sh always says that her house is lonely, will it mean Jh moving to her place in the next episodes?:rolleyes:

Sh seeing Jh's family.... it reminds Sh of her dysfunctional family, but i also see it as Sh dream of having a family of her own being happy and close knit as Jh. She may give up her present life and be a happy housewife to Jh. Even if Jh may only earn not that much, like his father who only sell fruits, whats important is they are happy.  She has proven anyway that wealth doesnt bring her real happiness.

Jh's father.... i believe he will support the relationship. Jh has been a good and responsible son, its his way of appreciating his son. When he said that it took Jh 4 hrs to drive to the market, it just proves that Jh is very cautious in his actions and decisions. He doesn't think impulsively, doesn't make abrupt decisions, he thinks things over.

Why do i feel the love of Dae chan and sec. Jang is moving faster than our leads?:)

That airport and business class scene... i wish for that and it happened.

Their couple rings.... putting it in a film canister is so Jh's, just like putting his pocket money. And it proves, the rings are not expensive ( imitation?).

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Serienjunkie said:

My heart almost stopped. Why mention a poem with terminal illness? :cry:

like a bad omen i fear now the worst for ep 15-16. Korean writers love way to much storytelling with a long separationen near the end or deadly illness. I thought, this is a (romance)-Drama not melodrama. 

But i saw the last 2 ep to many subtil signs

Yes ..exactly same here..ever since i heard these lines..my mood has been off..and JH also tells CSH.." till your last breath" or something like that..dont like this at all...i doubt if these lines are coincidences..esp the terminal illness..really why bring it in a beautiful love story out of the blue...i really really hope am wrong!! Please!! :confounded:

• Like 4
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, stardustvoid said:

Reveal hidden contents

I really hope that scene of JH next to the Little Prince’s painting is not some sort of foreshadowing 

Which scene is this? 

• Like 2

Everyone in Korea is Literally Talking about This Kiss Scene of Song Hyekyo and Park Bogum in [Encounter]

People love their acting. 

The January 9th episode of tvN's 'Encounter' shows an adorable and romantic kiss scene of Song Hyekyo and Park Bogum. The two lock lips at the balcony, getting viewers' heart racing. Not to mention, Song Hyekyo and Park Bogum started it with pecks before getting more intimate with their kiss. What makes it looks more real is how the two's expressions and the vibes are completely different when they peck and kiss.

They are bright and full of smiles at first... 

temp_fbfc3cdbb4e36b8ca9ebb18f980178b5.jpg
Image Source: Youtube 'tvN DRAMA' Screenshot

... before they are going intimate with their serious expressions. 

temp_dbbc583bfd0b178a0d369fc498ce9bb8.jpg

Image Source: Youtube 'tvN DRAMA' Screenshot

The video is currently becoming one of the most popular videos on NAVER TVCast, one of South Korea's biggest online video platform. 

http://kstarlive.com/Everyone-in-Korea-is-Literally-Talking-about-This-Kiss-Scene-of-Song-Hyekyo-and-Park-Bogum-in--Encounter--604317

• Like 16
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

This was my worry when KJH talked about true love , the poet disappearing - never to be found again .

I remember how his mother said she was against her sons dating a woman who was competent and one who had a sad story. At the time I thought she was sexist but maybe it was more of a “warning/premonition.”

Isn’t Jinhyuk’s family the only unit that is whole and untouched by unhappiness/death  in the show?

CSH’s family doesn’t have a physical death but there is no familial bonding, so that bond is dead.

KWS’s dad is dead, HI’s mother was gravely ill - we don’t know if she made it, PR team leader’s brother’s death leads to an unhappy life for both Driver Nam and her. We have a widow(KJH’s teacher) and widower( Samuel) in the story. 

That’s a lot of dead people in one drama.

Was this part in the subs? 

Sh says “ it looks like you’re wearing lipstick”. :P 

CB117-A8-C-3-ECC-4-AD8-9-D08-BF2-D7548-E

@nikir I think @stardustvoid was talking about this scene 

DDE26-C0-F-94-CD-485-A-80-C6-1974-DF42-C

• Like 8
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 1