[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Soooo guys, what do you think??? I am afraid JWS has turned evil. It seems like he represents the wolf of the illustration at the beginning of the episode. 

Honestly, I am happy that the bad ones don't have much screen time in this drama. It is like the author is focusing in the love story. Yes, other things happen in their lives, but the focus is everything related directly and only with the love story. That is ok. I am excited. But....

I am amazed as well how come momster in law hasn't done anything, "protected" by the contract, in order to ruin Sh's life....

And now it is JW who is turning evil?

It is like, she decided not to want to have CSH back as daughter in law, and left her be. 

But JW, who was protecting her, is now so threatening.... ????

I am even afraid he will try to kill JH, and his actions ep. 11 gave me that vibe. Like... He will be able to, because he is blind by jealousy, but blind in the most psychotic way... 

I don't like it.

And I hope whatever he tries to do, he won't succeed or at least, that he won't cause big damage. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, shyguitar said:

I am having this hunch that WS will try his best but will eventually realise that it's a lost cause. Anyway, even in the beginning he knew that no one else deserves the CEO position aside from her and the hotel is now at its best bec of her leadership. What's taking over WS now is his "ego", he cannot accept the fact that KJH, who is nothing compared to his status has taken over SH's heart. This is also something new to him for he was used to getting everything instantly and passively. But as you know, men likes to chase so now he is actively doing his best to get her at all cost to the point of coercion.

I watched the episode again and while WS seemed scary.. he probably will give up when he realizes that CSH would rather give up her hotel than JH. so there is still hope for WS coz all his actions are desperate like he himself said but not dangerous.. yet.. he doesn't want to harm JH or CSH yet unlike his mother 

1 hour ago, shyguitar said:

How can they insert terminal illness at this rate? They're so young and healthy and it's out of the story line ???? I guess it's just goes to show that not all the books that he's read are happy endings.

I really hope so.. with just 4 episodes left ( not counting tonight's).. it would be a big shock to introduce any illness.. and hopefully not a bittersweet ending..:sweatingbullets:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I think that last night's episode was so beautiful....
Also making me worried and nervous...
A lot of signs of making this a sad ending..
Oh dear PD-nim, you cannot do this to them okay???

Now that I watched with the subtitle... 
It made me more nervous....

I really, really hope no sad ending for this drama pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........
KJH's words about not being together (separated by death) is not a sad ending... because the love continues... because it's true love...
It's deep...

And SAD!!!!
It's wonderful to have a true love, being continuously in love even after the death of one's spouse/lover....
but still... being together is much more wonderful and meaningful...
Being together and not separated...
I really hope they will have a happy ending - being together until they're old... not having anyone terminally ill.....
Sorry for the rant.. my heart just can't take it to think of the possibilities of having them separated...
Gahhhhhhhh....

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

About the little prince painting and JH, having the same seating position..

but the little prince is looking at his right and to no one ( i think) and JH is looking at his left and looking at SH. They maybe in the same position but looking at different directions. So i guess, they'll have a different fate.

Until my last breath... is the eng sub accurate?  It may just mean like in wedding ceremony... until death do us part.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

@gumtaek I know, which is why I sent you that message wondering if the article was credible. The koreanss IG account is widely acknowledged and it’s run by a Korean fan, so safe to say it’s credible? 

I am still in shock. :o

Funny, but I camp in Naver and no articles about it....only about the OST that's coming out today.

:wub:DwiC7LPV4AA5nMz.jpg

@srish87 Twitter

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just finish watching episode 11 and going over 13 pages of this thread; sighhh, how I wish my vacation and holiday could extend until Encounter completes airing.

I love Episode 11 with all the cuteness overload of our OTP but I feel it is such a bittersweet episode with unease foreshadowing. JH talked about the sad ending in the book that he read with the remark : “even the person disappears but love does not and that is a true love.”

Reminded me when the garden owner said to JH : “love started there and completed there.”

I don’t believe the writer would throw in terminal illness because that is so oldie now and uncreative. 

I love the episode 11 as it highlight how much difference in JH and WS in terms of expressing love toward CSH. 

-JH: “I would do everything step by step for you”. JH is so sad when seeing a calm CSH let down her guard and reveals her true feeling when drunk and is even more determined to make CSH happy.

while WS: is still lost, lost in his cold world and darkness. After episode 11, it is proven that he has power, he can be calculated and manipulate behind his mother’s back if he wants to; however through all the years he just silently watched CSH’s suffer without even doing anything.

I think he may use Dong wa hotel to make deal with JH instead of CSH: leave her and she still be CEO.

By the way , the drunken scenes: hahaha, they are so much alike when they drunk: one force the other to eat squid and in return: one force the other to eat carrot lolzzz

As I already claimed, PD-nim, writer-nim, please write a happy ending for our couple  or else , I will drop it.  I love to see these beautiful couples a lot and love to see SHK and PBG on small screen every day; but I love my heart even more and my weak heart cannot endure any sadness at this moment.

kamsahamnida.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

201901092035155560284_20190109223837_01_20190109223912885.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-09%2Bat%2B10.53.59%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-09%2Bat%2B10.54.05%2BPM.png
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem.

Nationwide ratings for episode 11: 7.5% (cr. Naver TV)

1. [+1864, -52] Today my heart got attacked starting from the Cuba scene, was office romance this good ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Why is Park Bo Gum so good at acting sly ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1105, -29] Today's episode was so sweet, pretty, and I feel like my love cells that died have woken up again and Park Bo Gum is so richard simmons handsome

3. [+1008, -22] The start of today's episode was totally the standard formula of a romance comedy ♥︎ So this is what people mean when they say they're happy while watching dramas ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun are my 'Gag Concert', my cheeks hurt just by watching you ㅠㅠㅠ (t/n: 'Gag Concert' is a long-running comedy show)

4. [+897, -32] Park Bo Gum was so cool singing 'Drunken Truth' ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ (t/n: The song he sang is '취중진담' (Drunken Truth), you can listen to the original here - ♥︎)

5. [+328, -5] Starting from the Cuba date today to the terrace kiss, the risky office romance, the beauty of the sweetness, Park Bo Gum singing 'Drunken Truth', and to the ring - it was heart fluttering, lovely, so freaking fun, it's crazy ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Park Bo Gum is really heart fluttering, Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun's chemistry is the best   

• Like 10

Other than the bad background CGI it was a good episode, cuteness overload by the Soo-Hyun and Mi-Jin as well was really enjoyable. :love:

I hope it doesn't happen but if a terminal illness does get introduced which one out of SH and JH will you guys prefer to stay alive?:heartbreak::weary:

Anyways here is brief recap Episode 11: https://www.asiandrama4u.com/encounter-episode-11-recap/

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

43 minutes ago, xu_lyfe said:

I think he may use Dong wa hotel to make deal with JH instead of CSH: leave her and she still be CEO.

Ah this is a highly likely scenario..maybe like the sad story JH will try to disappear for the sake of CSH but then she finds out ( maybe the letter buried under the tree?) and then happy ending PLEASE..:D

• Like 5

Many pages back, I posted that one of the ways by which our JinSoo Couple could be together is for CSH's appa to make a sacrifice for his daughter to reciprocate what she had to give up and concede to, to advance her father's political career. I had an inkling that it had to do with giving up a political ambition.

Finally in Episode 11, we saw that he has already made up his mind not to run for the Presidency. He's realistic that given his steadfast opposition toward the alliance proposed by his ex in-law, he will not have the political machinery to pursue the presidential campaign. But more importantly, he will not compromise his principles in exchange for political funds which is contingent on that alliance that he is so strongly opposed to. His wife will surely be in hysterics once she finds out as she has set her heart on entering in and living in the Blue House.

Now this is a huge plot development as CSH and her family only has attraction and use for the Taegyoung Chairwoman if Congressman Cha will run for the presidential elections and will form an alliance with her preferred party.

JWS, of course, is a different story all together.

Cha Soo Hyun is also making her moves through Mr. Nam. She has a plan which viewers are not privy to but I am sure, she will throw in a punch---a very strong one at that, that will knock them down--- when the right time comes.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1