12 days of Soompi Winterland

Lmangla

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appelsiini-suklaakakku – yhdistellen meheväksi, katso ohje! - Kotiliesi.fi

@Lmangla this is what I usually bake on x-mas.  in finnish that is called kuivakakku/kahvikakku in english I think it is called dry cake or coffee cake 

the recipe:

150g butter

1  1.2dl sugar

3 egg

4dl flour ( i normally use gluten-free flour)

1 teaspoon of baking powder

2t tea spoon vanilla sugar

1dl milk

3 table spoon of cacao

first you whip the butter and sugar.   and then the rest.

you bake it in 175 for 50 min. 

@Lmangla yep. 

then there is this. I don´t myself like date cake but most people like so I usually make also this.

Taatelikakku – Finnish Christmas Date Cake (serves 8-10)

Ingredients:

1/2 cup cold coffee

85 gram butter (3 oz.)

200 gram all-purpose flour (7 oz.)

1 teaspoon baking powder

130 gram dates (4.6 oz.)

90 milliliter water (3 oz.)

110 gram sugar (3.9 oz.)

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 egg

Directions:

Spray bunt tin with baking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (335 degrees F).

If you don’t already have coffee prepared, make coffee and set 1/2 cup aside to cool. Melt butter and set aside to cool. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside. Break dates into small chunks and remove pits, place in a medium size saucepan. Cover dates with water and add sugar, heat until sugar has dissolved and dates are starting to soften. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Add baking soda to dates and stir. Add cold coffee and vanilla extract to date mixture. Add melted butter to dates and stir well. Then add the egg and stir to combine. Finally add the flour and stir until mixture is a smooth consistency. Pour batter into prepared bunt tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, careful not to over-bake. Enjoy!,

On 12/1/2020 at 5:09 PM, Lmangla said:

great suggestion @MayanEcho ~ we will note that for bonus clue. @partyon and myself are not really skilled with writing very difficult clues and so it should mostly be medium or easy level. :sweatingbullets: but if it is unexpectedly hard, do let us know! @larus @madmad min ~ yay, you figured it out! :)

@corey ~ no worries, we are using the form of a random story to write out these clues. just imagine someone entering a theme park on a quest to meet her favourite oppa and get an autograph and on that journey, she has different stories. hahahah... so that is the kind of idea.

P.S ~ if chingus want to know on how to break down day 1 clue and figure it out, let us know and we will put that in later today/tomorrow.

Thanks for the tag @Lmangla! Honestly my knowledge on K-drama is probably less than a drop in the vast ocean :hwaiting2: But anyhow I'll still try :heartxoxo: 

It's a great event btw! Kudos to everyone! :heart4:

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@MayanEcho @kdramagrandma @ktcjdrama @sadthe1st @Sleepy Owl @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @corey @Min2206 @kokodus @madmad min @twinkle_little_star @joccu  ~ thats great you found it! super!

here is some chocolate martini to give you a further choco kick!

@willenette ~ hope you were able to find the drama with the amended clue that @partyon posted.... otherwise, the next round awaits! :)

@joccu ~ so what are you baking this season? any special christmas cake recipe?

@Lmangla, sigh....................unfortunately, NO! I haven't watched that drama. For the upcoming round, I feel :sweating: -  and   :heart2beat:  LOL.................................. But, I would love that choco mousse, my favorite..................

8 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla this is what I usually bake on x-mas.  in finnish that is called kuivakakku/kahvikakku in english I think it is called dry cake or coffee cake 

the recipe:

150g butter

1  1.2dl sugar

3 egg

4dl flour ( i normally use gluten-free flour)

1 teaspoon of baking powder

2t tea spoon vanilla sugar

1dl milk

3 table spoon of cacao

first you whip the butter and sugar.   and then the rest.

you bake it in 175 for 50 min. 

@joccu, ohhh.................very yummy that cake. That's what you call kahvikakku - In English, yes, coffee cake! This is really intended to be eaten with coffee. This is actually a sponge cake flavored with coffee typically baked in a circular shape.  :blush:

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@MayanEcho @kdramagrandma @ktcjdrama @sadthe1st @Sleepy Owl @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @corey @Min2206 @kokodus @madmad min @twinkle_little_star @joccu  ~ thats great you found it! super!

here is some chocolate martini to give you a further choco kick!

@willenette ~ hope you were able to find the drama with the amended clue that @partyon posted.... otherwise, the next round awaits! :)

@joccu ~ so what are you baking this season? any special christmas cake recipe?

@Lmangla hai.. :D thank you.:wow2: wow, distance makes the heart grow fonder but it's sweet chocolate that melt it completely. yummy. :D

Stay Home Merry Christmas GIF by INTO ACTION  

https://youtu.be/v2GdHDuuGNg

12 minutes ago, Nodame said:

@kdramagrandma omg when I initially saw the second day clue I thought like you- the older dramas as well. Lol .The first one I got as I saw that drama during th

it feels like the longer you watch dramas, the more you forget! hahahah... if someone were to ask me which dramas I watched this year, I would draw a blank! :sweatingbullets:. it is not that I didn't enjoy them, I did but they don't stick in my memory like I used to. I have to really think about them. so yea, I tend to think of older dramas first. wonder if others have this same problem as us @Nodame @kdramagrandma -- the dramas that you first watched you remember more than others now?

@joccu ~ am used to thinking of christmas cake with lots of nuts, dried fruits, maybe soaked in alcohol etc. interesting that this recipe you shared of finnish christmas cake only has cold coffee and dates. not even honey or jam! so it is rather light.

@kdramagrandma @Lmangla Some of the dramas I have watched are starting to blur together. :D A few months ago a scene from some drama I had watched popped into my head, and I just couldn't remember which drama it was from. Luckily I have a list of all the dramas I have watched or have attempted to watch, so by going through I was able to jolt my memory. 

I used to laugh at Dramabeans "Name That Drama" where people would write in requests to ask other people to help them figure out which drama they only had memory fragments of.... Now I am one of them too. :D Guess that is normal when your list of kdramas is long.

@NodameWe have tried to incorporate older dramas in our events too, because there are some real pearls among them. I was amazed to notice that Que Sera Sera's remake is premiering at the end of this month. I would love to see them remake Something Happened in Bali too.  I would love another ending though - haha :D

@joccu Those are some scrumptious looking cakes. :yum:

@twinkle_little_star Thanks for the Christmas song links. I am already getting into the spirit of Christmas. :wub:

@YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @MayanEcho If I give you my chocolate, can I have your martinis ? :D It's the weekend -yay!

@ktcjdrama Glad to see you here chingu!  :kiss_wink:

@Wuzetian @willenette You can do it !

2669c378-3e5a-4883-9dc6-fd5fcb02f7f0.gif

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

it feels like the longer you watch dramas, the more you forget! hahahah... if someone were to ask me which dramas I watched this year, I would draw a blank! :sweatingbullets:. it is not that I didn't enjoy them, I did but they don't stick in my memory like I used to. I have to really think about them. so yea, I tend to think of older dramas first. wonder if others have this same problem as us @Nodame @kdramagrandma -- the dramas that you first watched you remember more than others now?

@joccu ~ am used to thinking of christmas cake with lots of nuts, dried fruits, maybe soaked in alcohol etc. interesting that this recipe you shared of finnish christmas cake only has cold coffee and dates. not even honey or jam! so it is rather light.

@Lmangla, I very much agree with you - In my case, those very few 1st dramas I've watched are usually stuck in my memory. Surely some people can watch movies/dramas once and retain the plot perfectly. But for many the rest is gone. Exactly how much you forget, percentage-wise, varies, but unless you review the material, much of it slips down the drain. Presumably, memory has always been like this. There are cases that those who binge-watched TV shows forgot the content of them much more quickly than people who watched one episode a week. I guess it may become harder to see a single thread clearly, but it’s still in there in our memory.  :blush:

53 minutes ago, partyon said:

@kdramagrandma @Lmangla Some of the dramas I have watched are starting to blur together. :D A few months ago a scene from some drama I had watched popped into my head, and I just couldn't remember which drama it was from. Luckily I have a list of all the dramas I have watched or have attempted to watch, so by going through I was able to jolt my memory. 

I used to laugh at Dramabeans "Name That Drama" where people would write in requests to ask other people to help them figure out which drama they only had memory fragments of.... Now I am one of them too. :D Guess that is normal when you're list of kdramas is long.

@NodameWe have tried to incorporate older dramas in our events too, because there are some real pearls among them. I was amazed to notice that Que Sera Sera's remake is premiering at the end of this month. I would love to see them remake Something Happened in Bali too.  I would love another ending though - haha :D

@twinkle_little_star Thanks for the Christmas song links. I am already getting into the spirit of Christmas. :wub:

@YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @MayanEcho If I give you my chocolate, can I have your martinis ? :D It's the weekend -yay!

@partyon, ohhh................how I love that drama. I love the original one, of course. Nothing could surpass the original & the 1st, my opinion. That EP9/10 ??? is still very clear in my mind. Like you, I would love another ending for "Something Happened in Bali", too. :blush:

Fighting................... :rickroll:

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@Nodame @kdramagrandma -- the dramas that you first watched you remember more than others now?

I think we tend to remember the older ones because that was the first encounter we had with that kind of character or that kind of plot. The sentiments and the feelings when first discovering the characters or the plot remained even though we don't remember every single thing that happened in the drama.

Just like the clue band, I associated the keyword with the first drama I watched that has a band in it. For newer dramas, I need much more descriptive keyword because after years of watching kdrama, there are countless drama now that I can associate with the same basic keyword. It is like how first love will always be memorable like what often depicted in kdrama. When watching newer drama with similar character or plot with previous drama, the shock value goes down and it become just like every other drama. I guess that is why it is harder to remember recent dramas unless it has a very memorable specific keyword or much more descriptive keyword is used to describe it.

It's okay @partyon. Lets laugh and being confused together. I used to love to go Dramabeans and read those kind of post too to test my own memory. That is why I enjoyed the last event you and @Lmangla put out before. Thank you for spending your precious time for our enjoyment here. :heart1:

5 hours ago, partyon said:

I used to laugh at Dramabeans "Name That Drama" where people would write in requests to ask other people to help them figure out which drama they only had memory fragments of.... Now I am one of them too. :D Guess that is normal when you're list of kdramas is long.

:waves:hai.. :D thank you @partyon you are right. Christmas music is such a special treat and most of us listen and sing along. it's a real mood lifter. :D

Gratitude GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

https://youtu.be/mG_B3WVlP70

3 hours ago, shivam singh said:

the experience was so good loved the 12 days in winter land. I also met a polar bear and his family they were so cute.

i went there with my trendswheel team, we really enjoyed a lot we bought many woolen and candies from there. 

@shivam singh, when I was in London, I visited this place ZSL (Zoological Society of London) London Zoo & that was my 1st time seeing a polar bear. This is a great place for tourists and locals alike. The site is home to thousands of different species and some truly amazing animals except elephants & orangutans. They move its elephants out of the city. Do you know that polar bear live only for 30-years? But this is rare. We were told there that most adults die before they reach 25 years. :blush:

Awwww @Lmangla @partyon

Yup like others and @kdramagrandma I started reading Dramabeans actually due to Coffee Prince. I never did watch Something in Bali (though I know the ending) and some other classic dramas. I met the original two who started the blog at Harvard and Kcon when they spoke to other Kdrama fans YEARS ago.

Well dramas like anything, if I wrote about in FORUMS since 2007 (only been active due this year and the pandemic truth be told LOL ) and avid about it, I can remember a bit more. But frankly to retain every character name (I don't) or plot (I don't). I thank god I don't have a photographic memory. If anything I can recall what I feel over all of the drama (If I hear the name) I can have an OST song, fave characters and actors/actresses then yes I can recall.  Dae Jang Geum thanks to my mom I loved Lee Young Ae and Ji Jin Hee alot. Chilbong in the Reply series made me love Yoo Yoon Seok. Jo Jun Seok due to Architecture 101 and later in dramas I followed his career. Hospital Play list as the writers of Reply series and Reply 1988 (don't recall characters names but I recall the LOVE , warmth of their neighbors in my heart when I think of the drama.) 

I did the whole seasons dramas---but All had bad English subs or dubbed over in Mandarin (what I could get my hands on at the time). I don't recall the stories much but that I cried buckets in Autumn Love , Summer Scent (I had to go to Boseong --I did ) and Winter Sonata (I visited Nami san thanks to this drama) and Spring Waltz (I liked Daniel Henney from Kim Sam Soon).

OST songs --Kdramas have def great songs. Heartstrings had a great song sung by Yonghwa. Hong Gil Dong with the Taeyeon (SNSD) OST song 'If' was my noreabang/Ktv staple etc. 

My guesses thus far  lol YEAH (Thanks for extra clues) rare I can get after not much WORK. LOL but I know the other ones are going to be interesting.

Spoiler

1) Hotel Del Luna (Love IU and the clue at the end helped me

2) Hospital Playlist (Like others I did not think of this at first but later clue helped me

Day 3: A new clue into a new land

the first post in the thread has been edited to include the new clue. this may be difficult for some.

hint: put the spotlight on the zone! and be willing to travel to different sections of soompi!

Good luck!

thinkstock_rf_peaches.jpg?resize=650px:*

@Sejabin @Min2206 @sadthe1st @pompyavi @MY15 @corey @Ameera Ali @MayanEcho @larus @madmad min @syntyche @Berou @twinkle_little_star @maribella @Prettysup @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @willenette @joccu @kokodus @kdramagrandma @Sleepy Owl @ktcjdrama @Dal-A @Wuzetian @Nodame 

re: @partyon 

thanks @Lmangla for the peaches and dumplings!

Spoiler

since berries & nuts are good for healthy hair, add them into your cooking! here are some dumplings to munch on

and with a drama that has peach blossoms in its title, should we have some peaches to savour? here are some grilled peaches with ice cream. yum!

i got misled a bit cos (chingus dun read if u haven't solved it)

Spoiler

there were not just one Three Lives Three Worlds hahaha fortunately the miles came in handy!

Shake It Dancing GIF by Kei Saavedra

Archived