12 days of Soompi Winterland

Lmangla

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

oooh, you figured it out! :D these two songs are some of the most played in radio stations around the world in this season along with "last christmas" by Wham. I never understood why that song is popular because the lyrics kind of seem sad but I guess it has a peppy tune? :sweatingbullets:

@Min2206 ~ those cookies look yum! :D

@Lmangla  :waves:thank you :D it is a pleasure to receive your feedback. that's true the collection of Christmas songs, the tunes to lift gloomy plays a role in how we respond to depressing tunes, brings about feelings of melancholia and the kind of sentiment. :D

Ooo GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/1/2020 at 7:03 PM, Min2206 said:

@Prettysup  Do you see the page numbering bar on the top and bottom.  See above, click on the Page 2 of 2 , type the page no and press GO

Thanks, I learnt something!

On 12/1/2020 at 7:38 PM, Lmangla said:

I usually look at the browser and if you see through the address, there will be number next to 'page' and I usually type a number in if I am looking to find a specific page in soompi....

Haha this works too

Found this!

Spoiler

set-christmas-banner-with-santa-reindeer

Thank you to @partyon and @Lmangla for organizing this and tagging me. :heartxoxo:

It did not take a lot of time to find the thread and corresponding page after going through it step-by-step like the example. Quite confusing at first because I thought meeting the oppa is the focus but everything points out to a yeo-dongsaeng instead. The music video included really brings back the memories when I play it non-stop after it was released. I love it so much and it is on par with Busker Busker's Cherry Blossom Ending for me. Thank you for including her because she is someone that I always anticipate her every upcoming project. She is also the first one that succeed making me sit through a 50 episodes weekend drama along with her male counterpart. 

Keep the clues coming and I will try my best to decipher everything. :hooray:

I am a bit late to the party, but thank you @Lmangla and @partyon Noona for organizing such an amazing event which will keep us hooked to it for almost a month now. 

The first one was quite easy to find in my opinion, the clue was direct and well finding the page didn't take much long, thanks to the example. 

Looking forward to other clues :wow1:

Spoiler

141224-Mexicana-Chicken-photo-It-s-Chris

@Sleepy Owl @kdramagrandma @Prettysup @Dal-A ~ you figured it out! yay! :)

1 hour ago, kdramagrandma said:

The music video included really brings back the memories when I play it non-stop after it was released. I love it so much and it is on par with Busker Busker's Cherry Blossom Ending for me.

am so glad you liked the song. went through several songs and somehow I really liked this one especially the cheerful beat and tone. have been listening to it the past few days. so it seemed like a good gift to pass along. :D

1 hour ago, kdramagrandma said:

She is also the first one that succeed making me sit through a 50 episodes weekend drama along with her male counterpart. 

did she do a weekend drama? which one?

@Lmangla That was actually debut song for High4 and she did the featuring to support her long-time friend finally debuting in that group. While the song gain recognition, the group eventually disbanded because they can't sustain enough interest post-debut. It was even on Melon Top 100 songs of past decades (https://www.soompi.com/article/1441242wpp/melon-reveals-top-100-songs-of-past-decade-2010-2019). The power she hold is just on another level. 

She did weekend drama You are the Best Lee Soon Shin! once with Jo Jung Seok. JJS was already on my radar after watching him in What's Up, so the watch was enjoyable. Yoo Inna also was a plus and if I am not mistaken, she accepted the offer because of Yoo Inna or it might be vice versa. They have been best friend post Heroes, the variety they both were regular before gaining fame.

23 hours ago, partyon said:

For inspiration

Yes, this is an actual Christmas picture of Wham :D

hai  @partyon :D thank you. that's what it's all about. it seems like the most beautiful gift that I ever have in Soompi Winterland, a song "Last Christmas..I gave you my heart.." now this power of Wham music is continuously playing all the time in my mind too :D definitely, it could be the beautiful carols, the feeling of peace and goodwill to all. :D

lucy liu superb talent GIF by Tony Awards

Chingus, a new clue and post will be up in about 10 hours ! :glasses:

Surprise Omg GIF by Amazon

I have prepared them.

Be sure to give us feedback if you are finding the clues too hard or too easy. As it's not a competition, we have chosen to make them easier rather than hard, so that everyone has a chance to find the correct thread.

Thanks for all the feedback so far ! :kiss_wink:

7 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

It was even on Melon Top 100 songs of past decades (https://www.soompi.com/article/1441242wpp/melon-reveals-top-100-songs-of-past-decade-2010-2019). The power she hold is just on another level. 

She did weekend drama You are the Best Lee Soon Shin! once with Jo Jung Seok. 

I can't help but join in the conversation while waiting for the next clue. When I saw the video clip, it reminds me of the article that you brought up which included my favourite song "Spring Day".  I also watched that drama (I love her singing and playing guitar in one of the scenes) and starting from that day I keep watching her dramas, variety, music shows etc.

That's one of the reasons I'm happy about the first question. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get it easier for the next one.   However, that is the fun part. :)

11 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

It did not take a lot of time to find the thread and corresponding page after going through it step-by-step like the example. Quite confusing at first because I thought meeting the oppa is the focus but everything points out to a yeo-dongsaeng instead.

meant to write this last night but was tired and forgot. :sweatingbullets:

so you know how in adventure books/movies like narnia, there is a main quest and then in the middle there are all these smaller things that happen like random people or random adventures. that is the idea behind the event and clues. the idea is that you enter soompi winterland to meet your favourite oppa and maybe get a selfie and autograph! on the way, you are visiting different places and people. you also find different goodies on this journey. hope that helps to understand how these clues are written. it is like a mini and long story.

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ said:

That's one of the reasons I'm happy about the first question. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get it easier for the next one.

it is great to hear from you and @kdramagrandma that you liked the selection for day 1. she is both active in kpop and dramas.  the idea behind winterland event is a journey through the forum and so the clue themes will not just include oppas but some other sections as well! :)

Day 2: A new clue is up ! Yay!

I have amended the first post on this thread and added a new clue. This should be quite easy for some people, but for others it might require a bit of detective skills. In case you find that it's too hard, please let me know and I will post a bonus clue for you. :kiss_wink:

Good luck!

saturday night live christmas GIF

@Sejabin @Min2206 @sadthe1st @pompyavi @MY15 @corey @Ameera Ali @MayanEcho @larus @madmad min @syntyche @Berou @twinkle_little_star @maribella @Prettysup @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @willenette @joccu @kokodus @kdramagrandma @Sleepy Owl 

re: @Lmangla

31 minutes ago, larus said:

Day 2. The clue was easy for me again. This time I watche the drama.:lol: I like it.

LOL - yeah :D This clue is gonna be real easy for the people who have watched the drama, but real hard for those who haven't.... For those who haven't got a clue what we're talking about, please use your friend, Google. It should help you figure out what we're talking about real quick. I tested it :D

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

LOL - yeah :D This clue is gonna be real easy for the people that have watched the drama. but real hard for those who haven't.... For those who haven't got a clue what we're talking about, please use your friend, Google. It should help you figure out what it we're talking about real quick. I tested it

Yes, I know. It was very hard or imposible for me to find the names of dramas at the last event because I did not watch the dramas.:D

Spoiler

Was the goodie bag sweet enough? :heart:  What is your favorite food / snack / sweet in December and/or during the holidays? Share your thoughts on the event thread.

hahaha should i share some lotte dream cacao 72% with everyone here?

oops.. i only have 82% ones left!

Too Much Reaction GIF

thanks @Ameera Ali for the gif.. should i rewatch the kisses??

July 7 Chocolate Day GIF by GIFiday

Archived