[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

7 hours ago, Chewy said:

Don’t engage in fan wars. At the end of the game, the one who suffers is our OTP!! 

I am surprised Baeksang only give 1 week or so for voting, it’s usually a longer period previously. So let’s all give it all in this one week for the joy they brought us in CLOY!! 

Important note to all: please do not engage with people who ask for money from the community to rally for more manpower to vote or use robots, TikTok auto purge out robotic votes. Vote diligently yourself in human form because this is the only way for them to receive the award in true honor!! 

I am not surprised in the first day of voting that the statistics have shown the immense number of votes for Son Ye Jin coming specifically from Philippines as I have realized from soompi that she has some solid fan base there even though she has not visited the country before. Next country in line is Indonesia, another country she has not visited I believe and then Malaysia. It’s pretty evident she has a Southeast Asia following. (This is not a country fan base comparison, do not take it this way) 

Please do not question me “how I do I know” if you don’t believe me. I am just sharing and you can choose to accept it or look away. 

OH and lastly I believe you can catch the awards live on TikTok next fri so don’t delete it until you finish watching. At least you get something out of it from all the voting hahahahaha 

TikTok is the official partner for Baeksang Awards 2020

@Chewy So happy to see you drop by this thread to post. :blush: Thank you for your timely and sensible advice not to engage in fan wars or to resort to using bots or paying for manpower to vote.

I agree with @Chewy that we should help our couple win the popularity awards using our own hard work in voting. And we can galvanise support from other friendly fans to vote for them while respecting those who are not so inclined to join in the voting for them. Victory in such honourable way will be all the sweeter to us; knowing it is due to all our hard work in voting  and In galvanising support to help them win.

Most importantly let’s not be too stressed about the awards. Let’s just have fun with the frenzy in voting. Despite my adversion to Tiktok, I am personally having fun doing the voting. Even having fun making my ridiculous request to my hubby to let me install Tiktok on his iphone and iPad to vote for Binjin and suffering the look that he gave me. The things we do for Binjin. :blush:

• Like 10
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi guys, 

I need your help!

Could you please confirm if you can make 10 votes (5 male votes + 5 female votes) per Tik Tok user per day as stated below.

According to Baeksang, only 5 votes per user per day.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, charray said:

Most importantly let’s not be too stressed about the awards. Let’s just have fun with the frenzy in voting. Despite my adversion to Tiktok, I am personally having fun doing the voting. Even having fun making my ridiculous request to my hubby to let me install Tiktok on his iphone and iPad to vote for Binjin and suffering the look that he gave me. The things we do for Binjin. :blush:

Add Tiktok to the apps I use exclusively for BinJin which include Twitter and Instagram. I even downloaded VLive because I thought I could use it :D My husband was shocked into disbelief when I gave him the news that I have a Tiktok account :D Although we dislike doing this but for the love of BinJin we just did, it was surprisingly fun :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, hallyu said:

Hi guys, 

I need your help!

Could you please confirm if you can make 10 votes (5 male votes + 5 female votes) per Tik Tok user per day as stated below.

According to Baeksang, only 5 votes per user per day.

Thanks in advance!

@hallyu 10 votes per account. And there's no need to really share. Just click share wait for a bit, press back then vote again. I have 6 so I was able to cast 60 today. :D I used different gadgets though. 2 mobiles then the rest are via my lappy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

In reference to Electric Hearts video, post on page 675.

I like this video a lot. When he is helping with the chair so she can walk on, he looks like he's going to take her hand. Then he puts his hand down. It's like he just realized he's in public, not at home. They are suposed to disperse the dating rumors but she grabs his arm and pulls him closer to her, then puts her other hand in top. It's like saying: Ok, were are just friends but he is mine, keep your hands off him!"

Edited by Last Delulu Standing
want to eliminate video to comply with rules
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

4 hours ago, Chewy said:

All these frenzy reminds me of something someone always reminds me, the official awards given out by Baeksang are from Koreans to Koreans. They do not care how popular you are in another particular country if you are not even popular or outstanding in your own native country and that would be South Korea. Having a strong fan base or people who support your work there is a given. 

everyone from your own respective countries can have your own views and bias and end up fighting among yourself or with others bias fans but don’t expect the Koreans panel of judges from any awards to share exactly the same sentiments towards your bias or your favorite TV drama/movie. That way you can keep any disappointment to the barest minimum and not complain about it later because ultimately whatever awards of any genre(including non-acting related ones) given to your Korean bias means nothing if it’s not awarded in Korea by an official body unless it’s an Oscar no less. That’s a very legit reason why seasoned or experienced fans of veteran korean artists or idols do not partake in anything that calls for voting outside of Korea since it makes no difference to their bias. 

Again pls go through the many official references in Korea preferably in Hangul to know the lowdown of South Korea entertainment industry if you are not convinced. 

This post is for the people who are not aware or have no clues and my above points are not in reference to the popularity awards. It’s for the awards that are determined by the judges like best actress/actor or even the Daesang 

Brilliant advice to share.

Never subscribe to such apps like tiktok (sounds like a time bomb) or toktic (sounds like toxic) - they are out to make money out of suckers. After the game is over, the awards may not be according to the highest scorers, who is the winner except "tiktok", you may face & followed by full of scams.

Gave up on voting long time ago cos you can never win, very stressful, depressing to pressurise yourself to stay up late into the nights voting continuously to catch up.  Too tedious for the faint-hearted, absolute waste of time & energy.

Good luck to others, may result in sore fingers!  

YES!! Was finally able to vote again! I guess it was either a glitch in the app/ my phone or you need 24 hours before you can vote again? Also managed to vote 2X by using my iPhone and iPad with 2 TikTok accounts. But still having trouble voting after sharing in iPhone for the Male Nominees. I suspect it's a glitch on the app. :D

And SO HAPPY that both Binjin are leading the votes now!! Well done all the hardworking voters and supporteres of Binjin!!

1 hour ago, BinJinShoppingAide said:

Because never has there been a time that the leading contenders for best actor/actress were also massively popular in social media. DOTS & its stars were massively popular but they cannot in anyway be categorized as leading contenders for the major/ judged prizes - Good acting but not best. 

KDramas have a pool of excellent actors/actresses that's why it has become an "intenational brand name" that rings "excellent". After watching all acting nominees in the nominated dramas, I would say, it's a tight race, with BINJIN having a slight edge. KHN who carried the entire WTCB, & who played an ordinary thinking (sometimes almost dumb) policeman, may be HB's tightest competition. TWOTM wasn't finished when KHE was nominated, but I think judges completed watching it now, plus the actress in H, may be SYJ's strongest competition.

Fingers crossed, hopefully CLOY & Binjin win.this one. Nevertheless, the nominations & the unprecedented massive international reception for CLOY are enough happiness for me.

Well said!! You so eloquently put into words what I wanted to express, esp this sentence "Because never has there been a time that the leading contenders for best actor/actress were also massively popular in social media."  Yes, competition for the Best Actor/ Actress award is tough, but both HB and SYJ has a fair chance for the award. Probably tougher in the Best Actress category due to the recent spike of TWOTM. I also think KHN is probably HB's tightest competition for Best Actor. Both SYJ and HB's performance in CLOY has been widely praised in SK and their Baeksang nomination was not a surprise. But what's adding the icing on the cake is that Binjin are also doing so well in the Popularity votes!!

I am actually pleasantly surprised at how well both HB and SYJ are doing in the Popularity votes. I recall someone pointing out earlier that it won't be easy for Binjin to compete with younger idols/ actors/ actresses for Popularity award as shown by previous years Baeksangs where they got only about 2% votes each? And now both are leading the race, which shows how high in popularity they have jumped post-CLOY. These high votes also show their rising commercial value, which is really important for future offers of new films/ dramas. 

But of course, despite all the excitement of voting, I would still prefer both HB and SYJ to win in the Best Actor/ Actress category. :D  My heart is prepared for anything cuz in the end the 7 Baeksang judges are the ones who decide, but I can still pray and hope. And continue to vote. LOL!!

• Like 4
  • Love 9
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Felizak@t said:

Yeah, some of us overlooked KHN. I saw part of the drama and his movie before with PSJ and he is good. He may not be there with HB or PSJ in terms of popularity but he's someone to look out for.

So CLOY was my first Kdrama and clearly it has ruined any other Kdramas for me because I am more than halfway through WTCB and find all the acting (save for GHJ and the precious lttle boy her plays her son) to be totally over the top. Why is everyone always shouting? Am I just used to western styles of acting which is more subtle?  KHN is charismatic in the role but I don't think he is better than HB in CLOY. Maybe I need to finish the series to understand :phew:

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, QueenieBee said:

So CLOY was my first Kdrama and clearly it has ruined any other Kdramas for me because I am more than halfway through WTCB and find all the acting (save for GHJ and the precious lttle boy her plays her son) to be totally over the top. Why is everyone always shouting? Am I just used to western styles of acting which is more subtle?  KHN is charismatic in the role but I don't think he is better than HB in CLOY. Maybe I need to finish the series to understand :phew:

Yeah..maybe you have to see more episodes. And when you do, forget about Captain Ri for a while. :D I only watched it coz I want to see who's HB competing with. I need to make sure I have my hopes in the right places else I will be fooling myself with delulu. That's painful. :joy:

But like I said when the list of nominees was released, my cat already wrote a spell in his list of winners. He can only spell CLoY and BINJIN FOREVER. :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, QueenieBee said:

LOL!! Yes, watching CLOY as one's first Kdrama can definitely set the bar so high vs other Kdramas.

But jokes aside, here's why I think KHN is a strong contender in the Best Actor category :

The character is actually really different from KHN in real life and also previous roles. I have seen him in another drama Misaeng, as a very competitive and cold new trainee hire in a big firm. Totally different from his role in WTCB. Also in WTCB, his role was an underdog and everyday guy, almost like a hilly-billy with a regional accent and all. So for the SK viewers (and also the judges), his acting may seem very true to life or realistic of an everyday non-city guy.

Of course, I also think HB's subtle yet expressive acting as Captain Ri is top-notch! His eye acting and micro-expressions alone is something not every actor can do well. He can convey how he feels to audience with subtle changes in eye/ facial expressions and even other physical movements like head tilt, hand/ arms, shoulders etc. My only worry is the SK judges may be more biased towards "more dramatic" acting and roles.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, BinJinShoppingAide said:

KHN who carried the entire WTCB, & who played an ordinary thinking (sometimes almost dumb) policeman, may be HB's tightest competition. TWOTM wasn't finished when KHE was nominated, but I think judges completed watching it now, plus the actress in H, may be SYJ's strongest 

I agree KHN might be HB's tightest competition. He single-handedly carried WTCB. I'm really hoping HB wins though because he was so convincing as RJH and through CLOY, I realized why he's been choosing to do action films lately.. it's cause he's really amazing at it!!!

Also, it'd be such an injustice if SYJ doesn't win. She did say that her character YSR was a character within a character...and she definitely portrayed that so well.. she really does belong in a league of her own in terms of acting. Her ability to transition to different emotions effortlessly.. ep 15 was the best for me where she was able to show feistiness, hopefulness and despair esp in the scene before she collapsed. 

I really hope they both win! They deserve all the accolade and all the recognition. If not for the pandemic, we could've gotten more interviews and sightings considering its world-wide success.. 

• Like 4
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Felizak@t said:

Yeah, some of us overlooked KHN. I saw part of the drama and his movie before with PSJ and he is good. He may not be there with HB or PSJ in terms of popularity but he's someone to look out for.

KHN is the scene stealer in Camellia. It's the difficulty of portraying his role that makes him strong competition vs. HB. imagine playing very ordinary dumb police. He has a big edge over PSJ. But, im not a judge, so it's just a personal.opinion :) . My top 2 favorite kdrama actors (not related to baeksang) are Now 1) HB, 2) KHN (after seeing him in WTCB) - - - ive seen all nominees in their dramas. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BinJinSuperFan said:

KHN is the scene stealer in Camellia. It's the difficulty of portraying his role that makes him strong competition vs. HB. imagine playing very ordinary dumb police. He has a big edge over PSJ. But, im not a judge, so it's just a personal.opinion :) . My top 2 favorite kdrama actors (not related to baeksang) are Now 1) HB, 2) KHN (after seeing him in WTCB) - - - ive seen all nominees in their dramas. 

Yep.. I am really impressed that both were able to pull their characters off. Subtle acting and very believable. Funny even. Between strong acting and theirs, I would be more interested on the micro expressions that moved me and made me glued on the tele. Simply put, I favor HB's Captain Ri. But again, we are not part of the panel. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 3

so last night my sister just said “My friends are telling me to download tiktok so I can help vote for CLOY” Oh what a relief that I don’t have to hide my secret mission from her anymore. She wasn’t shocked when I told her I downloaded the app already. I guess i am pretty much predictable. 

i followed the IG accounts of Ye Jin’s friends last night and they all post regularly. I hope They’ll teach their friend to post more too :lol: just kidding, Yej. You can post anytime you want.  No pressure from us. :lol:  She deserves to rest after working for so long. 

A few days to go before Baeksang! Let’s prepare our eyes and our hearts :wub: I personally don’t want to read the subtitles just yet on that day. will just keep my eyes peeled for any binjin sighting on June 5. :blush:  

Just a question, do they usually announce the confirmed attendees? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Wow look how many dedicated Binjin’s fans are on this forum :thumbsup:I am actually touched by how much love and support OTP are receiving out there. They’re not only brilliant actors but also immensely popular as well!! 

I wish Binjin grants even just one post Cloy interview where they say thank you to their fans for all this amazing support for Cloy and themselves :wub: 

All we’ve got is silence :sweatingbullets: 

But of course, their silence doesn’t stop me from loving them just the same because they’ve given us lots of happiness already ^_^

• Like 8
  • Love 3

@BinJinShoppingAide @TotoroSY @Tealatte @BinJinSuperFan @Felizak@t, you guys definitely bring up a good point about KHN. I didn’t realize how popular he was until they had that Korean poll recently and he was behind HB... (More in the spoiler because it doesn’t really have to do with BinJin)

Spoiler

I did watch WTCB when it was airing, but I personally didn’t love it. I didn’t think they did a good job blending genres. The tone of the killer storyline felt very jarring to me and although I loved the storyline of DB and her mom, I didn’t particularly like GHJ’s performance. KHN was definitely one of my favorite characters in the drama. I agree it was very different for him, but I guess I didn’t think it was amazing at the time because I was more awed by DB’s mom (the og maid from Parasite). He was just very endearing and lovable for me, but now I am reconsidering after reading all of your thoughts! 

This is such a seamless edit! I think the original is from SYJ’s movie, “Be With You.” 
:wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 11

55 minutes ago, Binjin2Ri said:

I wish Binjin grants even just one post Cloy interview where they say thank you to their fans for all this amazing support for Cloy and themselves :wub:

I feel you.. I badly want them to pose together. Not that we want anything for return but we miss them so much. 

They are leading the baeksang tik tok vote..good job guys

• Like 1
  • Awesome 5
  • Thanks 1