[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

1 hour ago, Felizak@t said:

I agree. I would rather that they be awarded and recognized for their work. They've given us solid acting and a wonderful drama (again speaking from a 3rd party observer POV and not just as a shipper). However, if voting for them and winning popularity award apart from the main acting awards would mean more "receipts" for us, I'm down for it. :)

I second that! They are more than deserving. Their talents are unparalleled and should be recognized for regardless of popularity. 

Also they are pretty popular. They can’t just ignore their talents and popularity just because it’s not the norm. That is a waste of votes and talents. Maybe, they need to change the rules as @Felizak@t would say I am only speaking from a 3rd party POV.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

nono don’t read me wrong. I am talking in reference to the awards determined by the judges only, namely the best actor/best actress and the Daesang. 

the Frenzy I am referring to in this context is the general hype from fans all over the world revolving the Baeksang awards and in Baeksang tradition, the popularity awards is open for all internationally as a people’s choice awards and it’s awarded ultimately on a Korean stage. 

Haha not everyone is like you that is aware of the fact that international fans yield no influence to move mountains with judges especially so if you follow intensively throughout SNS and even here, it’s not difficult to find that out, maybe even Bruno knows that pretty well than the unknown fans 

:joy: My cat is more behaved than me now. He's my constant reminder not to go too deep on my delulu. 

I agree that there are really quite a number of fans who might forget that Baeksang is a Korean award-giving body and what we are are just mere expectators. We can only hope our delulu is in line with the judges' decisions. Thank you for putting it out there. Sometimes, some of us need a tug from reality. Sometimes a slap. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Does anyone notice the same problem? 

“I notice sumthing!! I use my niece account after i share .. I try to vote 5 times Hyun Bin since he is in the first line ... after that i tried to vote in 5 times also for Son Ye Jin but it takes only 3 times”

18 minutes ago, cocolada said:

Does anyone notice the same problem? 

“I notice sumthing!! I use my niece account after i share .. I try to vote 5 times Hyun Bin since he is in the first line ... after that i tried to vote in 5 times also for Son Ye Jin but it takes only 3 times”

I think it’s easier if you cast 3 votes for HB, press “share”, cast 2 more votes for HB, then vote 3 times for SYJ, press “share”, the n vote 2 more times for SYJ. Order mattered when I voted 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cocolada said:

I think you should not make such negative speculations without any specific proof. (That’s just opinions from 1 or 2 voters). I don’t know where they come from.

Baeksang only allows one account per phone now, they are not naive to be manipulated. You can not cheat the system.

Thank you @emma_cee for your advice. 
It sounds great! It’s a little bit tricky.

I did not even quote you in my reply previously and I didn’t even understand why you would quote me to say something like that to me? You obviously read me wrong! 

Go read my post again if you don’t understand but I meant to say in general if users from the 3 countries I mentioned is facing the same problem, I am actually suggesting a remedy to that problem and not making some negative speculations like you said I was! And I am not sure if you are aware but the app has been manipulated many times over. 

is my English bad or what? Why is it so difficult for people to read me properly now?? Don’t get sensitive or personal over everything I say. I don’t mean it that way at all. 

• Thanks 3

@TotoroSY already posted this article many pages back, but I'm reposting it under the spoiler! This article explains the process of voting, using 2017 awards as an example. It talks about the industry experts that choose the nominees for the Baeksang, and how there's a panel of experts that choose the judging panel for that year. Bottom line is, it's a HUGE honor to even be considered and nominated for Baeksang, so let's hold on to that for our CLOY team, and hope for the best while holding a little more loosely to our expectations of their wins! :D

Spoiler

https://www.soompi.com/article/981061wpp/53rd-baeksang-arts-awards-release-final-voting-breakdown-category

The seven judges for the movie categories were director Lee Jang Ho (chairman), director Kwon Chil In, movie critic Kim Bong Suk, CEO Seo Woo Sik of Contents W, CEO Shim Jae Myung of Myung Film, movie critic Lee Dong Jin, and professor Choi Gun Young of Far East University.

The seven judges for the television categories were Joo Chul Hwan, the director of the Seoul Foundation for Arts and Culture, professor Kim Mi Ra of Seoul Women’s University, CEO Kim Ok Young of Story On, professor Woo Mi Sung of Yonsei University, professor Lee Dong Gyu of Dongduk Women’s University, pop culture critic Jung Duk Hyun, and professor Hong Kyung Soo of Soonchunhyang University.

The judges were chosen by consulting a panel of professionals and experts in the relevant fields. For television, the opinions of Pyo Jae Soon, the former director of the Cultural Enrichment Committee, and Yang Sung Hee, who heads the cultural department of the Korea Joongang Daily. For movies, the panel included Lee Chun Yeon, the CEO of Cine 2000, Shim Young, the CEO of the drama PR firm ShallWeTalk, and Lee Eun Joo, the editor-in-chief of Magazine M.

The nominee list was also created by collecting opinions from industry experts. For the television categories, 26 industry experts were surveyed from March 15 to 24, with opinions taken from drama, variety, and educational program PDs, as well as representatives from the Korea Broadcast Advertising Corporation (KOBACO) and the Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA). Those surveyed included SBS director Kim Young Sub, KBS CP Kim Young Do, MBC PD No Si Young, EBS PD Lee Mi Sol, and tvN director Ahn Sang Hwee.

For films, 28 film experts were surveyed to pick the best productions in the past year. To find the balance between production value and mass appeal, a variety of professionals were contacted, with jobs ranging from director, screenwriter, distributor, production company representative, movie reporters, and film critics.

11 hours ago, eLizza said:

I know you are worried .But here is my stance.I don't think they will jeopardize with the best actor/actress award if Binjin are truly deserving amongst other nominees. Popularity award is still a notch below the best actor award so why will they give it more importance.

So for example even if they get max votes for popularity,the organisers could simply choose to give it to some other candidate given that binjin wins in best actor/actress category. I already said this happened once in SYJ's case. She won the best actress prize but popularity award went to Han Ye Seul. At the end of the day we can only make sure that they have at least one trophy in their possession by voting and rest lies at the hands of Judges.

11 hours ago, charray said:

That may be the reason why the winner of Best Actor and Best Actress are usually not winners of the popularity awards. It is not that winners of the popularity awards will not get to win the Best Actor or Best Actress awards. If anything, I feel that it is the reverse which will be the winners of Best Actor and Best Actress are already decided and they will not give them the popular awards as well if they win and may give the popular awards to the actors or actress with the  next highest votes instead. And I think majority are cool with that, as long as they win something preferably Best Actor and Best Actress but we should be realistic that competition for Best Actress and Best Actor is very strong this year. 

I think @eLizza and @charray are on point. I agree that the actual acting awards dictate what will happen with the popularity awards in the end. Since we can't guarantee that they will win the acting awards since that's up to the panel, it's better to vote because that's the only part we have some control over. Like people said, it's better to win something than nothing! 

7 hours ago, Chewy said:

Don’t engage in fan wars. At the end of the game, the one who suffers is our OTP!! 

Agreed. It makes me pretty upset when fans retaliate or stoop low because at the end of the day, we are representing BinJin's fandom. Let's try to be respectable and do our part while ignoring the fan wars/haters.

Seriously, a huge round of applause to all of you who are making multiple accounts and devoting yourselves to voting!! Hopefully, you are still practicing some self-care and you're able to step back a little bit for your own sanity! I always need to set boundaries for myself for this type of stuff or I'll go off the deep end and get absolutely nothing else done... :lol:

Whatever happens at the Baeksang... I'd like to think that our couple will be celebrating together like this afterwards, but with less space in between them and more affection of course. :rolleyes:  No hug pats allowed in the privacy of their home... :lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, cocolada said:

IF -> Negative Speculation -> Very Dangerous

Because it is not truth with an IF Word.

Please STOP this negative speculation NOW.

If you have a problem with @Chewy then you can DM them. Picking a fight here is ridiculous as Chewy pointed out a very real problem. We don't know if ppl are using bots but with fan voting, that is VERY common. For all we know, the multiple ways we're voting could be thrown out at the end.  

If whoever or whatever is counting the final votes suspects foul play, the only one who loses is SYJ/HB. This has happened before with streams and Youtube views.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, luvlove said:

Yesterday I was thinking about all the gestures, jokes, looks, smiles, touches, giggles, twinkling eyes, and affection between BinJin and said to myself, "If they do not end up together, I do not think I will believe in love anymore. If this isn't real love, then I have no idea what love is."

Do you think that's too much pressure? :lol:

I have confirmation exhaustion. Praying that June 5 offers some relief. #vote

I'm with you. If they're not in relationship... I don't believe in humanity anymore!

Fighting for BinJin:thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Good morning guys! Today I sent food to my Korean friends and asked them to vote after they thanked me on chat hahahahaha! Did not take so much convincing though, they are also ajummas and eonnies who are avid fans of CLOY. The only hard part was telling them to download the Tiktok app. Let's win fair and square, vote vote vote without hate campaigns and fan wars!  #SonYeJinforever #BINJINforthewin

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

I voted yesterday and was able to vote 3x for each HB and SYJ, even when i clicked the share button

today i was able to vote 5x each no share needed

i first used my phone with VPN on (US IP) yesterday and its all ok but today i got "vote failed".. when i turned it off the votes went through

i dunno it made a difference or just coincidence/glitch in the system

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

2 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

I guess I just think I have lowered my expectation for lots of BinJin content in case they aren't as much as I would like, I am just surprised that never in baeksang history has popular actor and actress were also the best actor and actress. It would suck if they won popular actor/actress and then you find out on baeksang they gave the popular awards to the runner ups lol

Then if somehow we get more, I will die happy with tears and too much BinJin emotional thoughts that I probably won't be able to properly type lol

Because never has there been a time that the leading contenders for best actor/actress were also massively popular in social media. DOTS & its stars were massively popular but they cannot in anyway be categorized as leading contenders for the major/ judged prizes - Good acting but not best. 

KDramas have a pool of excellent actors/actresses that's why it has become an "intenational brand name" that rings "excellent". After watching all acting nominees in the nominated dramas, I would say, it's a tight race, with BINJIN having a slight edge. KHN who carried the entire WTCB, & who played an ordinary thinking (sometimes almost dumb) policeman, may be HB's tightest competition. TWOTM wasn't finished when KHE was nominated, but I think judges completed watching it now, plus the actress in H, may be SYJ's strongest competition.

Fingers crossed, hopefully CLOY & Binjin win.this one. Nevertheless, the nominations & the unprecedented massive international reception for CLOY are enough happiness for me.

• Like 3
  • Love 10
  • Insightful 3

8 minutes ago, BinJinShoppingAide said:

Because never has there been a time that the leading contenders for best actor/actress were also massively popular in social media. DOTS & its stars were massively popular but they cannot in anyway be categorized as leading contenders for the major/ judged prizes - Good acting but not best. 

KDramas have a pool of excellent actors/actresses that's why it has become an "intenational brand name" that rings "excellent". After watching all acting nominees in the nominated dramas, I would say, it's a tight race, with BINJIN having a slight edge. KHN who carried the entire WTCB, & who played an ordinary thinking (sometimes almost dumb) policeman, may be HB's tightest competition. TWOTM wasn't finished when KHE was nominated, but I think judges completed watching it now, plus the actress in H, may be SYJ's strongest competition.

Fingers crossed, hopefully CLOY & Binjin win.this one. Nevertheless, the nominations & the unprecedented massive international reception for CLOY are enough happiness for me.

Yeah, some of us overlooked KHN. I saw part of the drama and his movie before with PSJ and he is good. He may not be there with HB or PSJ in terms of popularity but he's someone to look out for.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, BinJinShoppingAide said:

I have watched the other shows you mentioned. I am still hopeful for BinJin and CLOY but I am not a judge on this award panel. So kind of curious how the award ceremony will go.

Well the poll ends on my bday and it has a number 2 in it.. So should hopefully still be a good day :lol: leading up to Baeksang for an amazing week

• LOL 1
  • Love 1