[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

1 hour ago, yejinatic1981 said:

I Googled it and Baeksang only gave popularity award to actors in Descendants of the Sun. They won the Daesang from a tv network award. So yeah, from the looks of it, Baeksang only gives one award per person. I hope CLOy gets the Daesang.

Actually, the show did win the grand prize/daesang at the Baeksang. It wasn't a different network show (even though it had won many others at other award shows). I was watching old clips on YouTube and it looks like when the show wins the daesang the producers will accept the award. So we would only get a close up of BinJin in the audience if that were to happen with CLOY. Even in the movie category this year, I want a Parasite sweep like they did at the Oscars but I guess they won't get as many in the movie category too. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@ElectricHearts

Whenever YJ answers in behalf of HB (At the TN presscon where she talked about how she’s never heard HB swear, and the Swoon interview where HB even said ‘I can answer for myself), i am reminded of my Grandma and Grandpa, when they were interviewed by the Consulate for their Canadian citizenship, the first question was directed to my Grandpa but of course my Grandma answered and she got a bit of a scolding by the Consulate — ‘Excuse me Mrs. D$!/@?$0, but I am not talking to you!’  — that habit of answering for the other person is such an old married couple thing lol 

• Like 7
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Another reason why I support our couple for the popularity award- I like the message we're sending here to their agencies, future/potential producers, CF..even just by putting up a good fight against these big,younger fanbases.

Edit: Not saying we get into fan wars btw, don't want to get into that. Just simply want to show some honest support for our couple because we wont always get this chance

• Love 10

1 hour ago, BinJinSsi said:

@ElectricHearts

Whenever YJ answers in behalf of HB (At the TN presscon where she talked about how she’s never heard HB swear, and the Swoon interview where HB even said ‘I can answer for myself), i am reminded of my Grandma and Grandpa, when they were interviewed by the Consulate for their Canadian citizenship, the first question was directed to my Grandpa but of course my Grandma answered and she got a bit of a scolding by the Consulate — ‘Excuse me Mrs. D$!/@?$0, but I am not talking to you!’  — that habit of answering for the other person is such an old married couple thing lol 

oh I am Canadian too ;) So true! I noticed that when she answered his answers for him, I was waiting for his "I can answer for myself" moment like I knew it was coming lol. Also, I like how instead of answering for her he asked her a question about her character to make the conversation more engaging lol. Imagine if he actually answered for her and said she watched comedy shows/movies.. We would even be more like I don't think you should have answered for her lol - unless it is in the uncut version as  it seems like he did want to mention a show or movie they watched lol. You can tell it is a habit. One wouldn't actually answer on the other one's behalf especially in an interview. Also, I am similar to SYJ where I have more close girlfriends than guy friends. So if I were to ever have a "close friend" who is a guy and act that way like she does there with him, I clearly like the guy. There is no question about it lol. TN days was flirting days of just friends and now it is serious stage! If in the end, it turns out I am wrong. I should reevaluate my own life :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, yejinatic1981 said:

Yes IU is getting votes from another actress' fans (not allowed to mention) 

They are probably not happy because YJ is voted as the world most beautiful woman of 2020 with more than 4 millions votes. So their anti level is getting even bigger after that competition. 

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 1
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 4

2 minutes ago, pariss said:

They are probably not happy because YJ is voted as the world most beautiful woman of 2020 with more than 4 millions votes. So their anti level is getting even bigger after that competition. 

why is Baeksang so hard on us? If only they chose other flatform to cast our votes. Maybe tiktok is their sponsor.?! Hahaha. I hope those 4million peeps will help in voting. But damn, it is just so hard coz its tiktok. If it were somewhere else. But we can do this for Yejin. Fighting!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Seri2020 said:

I think they would rather win and I do prefer them to win Best Actress, Actor & Best Drama though. They are already Most Popular worldwide right now :)

I agree. I would rather that they be awarded and recognized for their work. They've given us solid acting and a wonderful drama (again speaking from a 3rd party observer POV and not just as a shipper). However, if voting for them and winning popularity award apart from the main acting awards would mean more "receipts" for us, I'm down for it. :)

• Like 8
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, Felizak@t said:

I agree. I would rather that they be awarded and recognized for their work. They've given us solid acting and a wonderful drama (again speaking from a 3rd party observer POV and not just as a shipper). However, if voting for them and winning popularity award apart from the main acting awards would mean more "receipts" for us, I'm down for it. :)

i totally agree with you. I am praying for them so hard firstly, to settle down, to remain in love, secondly, to win best actor/actress award come Baeksang, and lastly, to win popularity award, the only way we can see them together on stage. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, iamjelbel said:

i totally agree with you. I am praying for them so hard firstly, to settle down, to remain in love, secondly, to win best actor/actress award come Baeksang, and lastly, to win popularity award, the only way we can see them together on stage. 

Yea but in the end, if they win popularity, we get them on stage but that would then confirm they did not win best actress/actor - since so far those who won popular actors/actress that year didn't win the best actress/actor category. So I prefer they win the acting awards and hopefully maybe they change the daesang to award the couple so we get BinJin on stage. Otherwise, we are regardless just going to get cute close ups of them in the audience and one of them on stage each time winning with hopefully a nice reaction shot/speech/pat on back hug/hug. The other network awards ex. KBS sound more fun - as they have the couple picking up the grand prize etc but with baeksang, it will be the producers picking up the award.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

Don’t engage in fan wars. At the end of the game, the one who suffers is our OTP!! 

Important note to all: Vote diligently yourself in human form because this is the only way for them to receive the award in true honor!! 

Please do not question me “how I do I know” if you don’t believe me. I am just sharing and you can choose to accept it or look away. 

OH and lastly I believe you can catch the awards live on TikTok next fri so don’t delete it until you finish watching. At least you get something out of it from all the voting hahahahaha 

I hear you and am totally with you. :) No way I will allow myself to be engaged in a squabble with another fan. I wouldn't stooped that low and waste my precious energy. :D 

We already know that BINJIN has swept the world. They are certified popular in their own rights. Winning the popularity award is just the icing for me. I want them to win the main awards coz I have so much faith in what they've given us. Again, I am speaking as a 3rd party observer when I talk about this coz I watched CLoY before I became a shipper and a non KDrama fan at that. Maybe some people will ask how I can do it? Well, there are some people who's job is to remain objective no matter what and based their decisions on facts and merits so it isn't hard for me to separate my shipper self to Felizak@t pre BINJIN when the situation ask for it. :)

Let's continue voting until the end. I am actually having a dilemna now. My cat took the pen! I felt drunk yesterday I forgot to write in my arm which is which. I will have a long day figuring this out and getting in..:sweat_smile:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

18 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

if they win popularity, we get them on stage but that would then confirm they did not win best actress/actor lol. So I prefer they win the acting awards

Popularity award is apart from the others awards. They are not related.

Winning the popularity won’t  affect the evaluation for the best actress/actor/daesang awards ;)

Popularity award is the only given based purely and solely by fans votes.

The others awards are given by a pannel of experts, without taking in consideration the popularity, they only consider their skills.

• Like 3
  • Love 8

17 minutes ago, sussieh said:

Winning the popularity won’t  affect the evaluation to the best actress/actor/daesang awards ;)

The others awards are given by a pannel of experts, without taking in consideration the popularity, they only consider their skills.

I guess I just think I have lowered my expectation for lots of BinJin content in case they aren't as much as I would like, I am just surprised that never in baeksang history has popular actor and actress were also the best actor and actress. It would suck if they won popular actor/actress and then you find out on baeksang they gave the popular awards to the runner ups lol

Then if somehow we get more, I will die happy with tears and too much BinJin emotional thoughts that I probably won't be able to properly type lol

• LOL 8

17 minutes ago, sussieh said:

Winning the popularity won’t  affect the evaluation to the best actress/actor/daesang awards ;)

There were some discussion in previous pages that Son Ye Jin won Best Actress Award for her performance in Alone In Love and got the most votes from voters in 2010 but the Popularity Award was handed to another Actress who got less votes than her at the end.

So we don’t know how the rules for this year. Can an Actor/ Actress can get both Awards or just one of them.

Baeksang pannel is polular for spreading love for everyone, instead of just a very few.

• Like 3

All these frenzy reminds me of something someone always reminds me, the official awards given out by Baeksang are from Koreans to Koreans. They do not care how popular you are in another particular country if you are not even popular or outstanding in your own native country and that would be South Korea. Having a strong fan base or people who support your work there is a given. 

everyone from your own respective countries can have your own views and bias and end up fighting among yourself or with others bias fans but don’t expect the Koreans panel of judges from any awards to share exactly the same sentiments towards your bias or your favorite TV drama/movie. That way you can keep any disappointment to the barest minimum and not complain about it later because ultimately whatever awards of any genre(including non-acting related ones) given to your Korean bias means nothing if it’s not awarded in Korea by an official body unless it’s an Oscar no less. That’s a very legit reason why seasoned or experienced fans of veteran korean artists or idols do not partake in anything that calls for voting outside of Korea since it makes no difference to their bias. 

Again pls go through the many official references in Korea preferably in Hangul to know the lowdown of South Korea entertainment industry if you are not convinced. 

This post is for the people who are not aware or have no clues and my above points are not in reference to the popularity awards. It’s for the awards that are determined by the judges like best actress/actor or even the Daesang 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 9
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

Yea but in the end, if they win popularity, we get them on stage but that would then confirm they did not win best actress/actor lol. So I prefer they win the acting awards and hopefully maybe they change the daesang to award the couple so we get BinJin on stage. Otherwise, we are regardless just going to get cute close ups of them in the audience and one of them on stage each time winning with hopefully a nice reaction shot/speech/pat on back hug/hug. The other network awards sound more fun - as they have the couple picking up the grand prize etc but with baeksang, it will be the producers picking up the award.

if the judges feel like they deserve the best actor and actress award than the popularity. At least we have secured them not empty handed. It is up to the panel which is to whom. Whatever award they will have, be the happiest here. It is up to the panel at the end of the day. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All these frenzy reminds me of something someone always reminds me, the official awards given out by Baeksang are from Koreans to Koreans. They do not care how popular you are in another particular country if you are not even popular or outstanding in your own native country and that would be South Korea. Having a strong fan base or people who support your work there is a given. 

everyone from your own respective countries can have your own views and bias and end up fighting among yourself or with others bias fans but don’t expect the Koreans panel of judges from any awards to share exactly the same sentiments towards your bias or your favorite TV drama/movie. That way you can keep any disappointment to the barest minimum and not complain about it later because ultimately whatever awards of any genre(including non-acting related ones) given to your Korean bias means nothing if it’s not awarded in Korea by an official body unless it’s an Oscar no less 

I believe this frenzy is only for the popularity award. :)I guess we all have long accepted that Baeksang panel is working on a different set of standards. International fans are very much aware that we don't have any influence on that and any drama or actor's work are measured based on how they were received in their native SOKOR. And for that, we can only have our delulu put on overdrive.

But if this popularity award will be given based on the same premise, then they shouldn't have opened it to international fans. ;)

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4

33 minutes ago, Felizak@t said:

I believe this frenzy is only for the popularity award. :)I guess we all have long accepted that Baeksang panel is working on a different set of standards. International fans are very much aware that we don't have any influence on that and any drama or actor's work are measured based on how they were received in their native SOKOR. And for that, we can only have our delulu put on overdrive.

But if this popularity award will be given based on the same premise, then they shouldn't have opened it to international fans. ;)

nono don’t read me wrong. I am talking in reference to the awards determined by the judges only, namely the best actor/best actress and the Daesang. 

the Frenzy I am referring to in this context is the general hype from fans all over the world revolving the Baeksang awards and in Baeksang tradition, the popularity awards is open for all internationally as a people’s choice awards and it’s awarded ultimately on a Korean stage. 

Haha not everyone is like you that is aware of the fact that international fans yield no influence to move mountains with judges especially so if you follow intensively throughout SNS and even here, it’s not difficult to find that out, maybe even Bruno knows that pretty well too lol 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1