[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

37 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

That's the funniest and most accurate description ever of Binjin shippers LOL!!

@Samsam Thanks for the update on HB and HJM's flight to Jordan! I am surprised the media got hold of the actual date. Hopefully because it's a chartered flight, both of them can go via a VIP passage way without having to face media/ fans. Though I would love to have fancams, but celebrities and social distancing is sensitive topic now in SK. Knetz may start criticising if fans appear at the airport and media capture that...

We might actually get their arrival footage in Jordan, but the Royal Jordan Film Commission. Same as what we got for the staff and crew. This is also a big deal for the Film commission cuz its the first foreign production crew to start filming again after the lockdown. Plus HB and HJM are big stars, so that will be good publicity for the film commission too.

RE: HB's Master's degree. I was also searching about this info much earlier, and someone pointed me to VAST official site. Its not in the Eng version but in the Korean version of HB, it says he is a from the Graduate School of Arts at Chung-Ang University

http://www.vastenm.com/theme/vaste/02/artists01_view.php?type=top&no=2

Auto-translate :

- Myung Hyun Bin
- Date of birth1982.09.25
- height 185cm
- Blood type B
- Graduate School of Arts at Chung-Ang University

Original in Korean :

이름현빈
생년월일1982.09.25
키185cm
혈액형B

학력중앙대학교 예술대학원

RE: HB's brother. I was also confused by the Taxi interview where it seems he said he has 2 brothers. But I think it might be a translation error, cuz it says "I have one brother who graduated from Seoul Uni and another who is an inspector". Could be referring to the same brother, or other older hyungs in his relatives (cuz he was saying how he has relatives who are doing well".

Here's the Taxi interview with the confusing part of the brother at 1:11:00 

Here's some supplemental family makeup and educational background information that is "straight from the proverbial horse's mouth" (VAST site):

http://hyun-bin.net/_eng/html/profile.php

FAMILYFamily:

Parents, second son in a family of two brothers

Academic Background:

academic background/ 1989~1995 Shincheon elementaryschool
/ 1995~1998 Jamsin middleschool
/ 1998~2001 Youngdong highschool
/ 2001~2009 Chungang University Drama and Cinema
/ 2009~ MA, Art&Media, Chungang University, Seoul, Korea

So based on VAST's site, it's settled then. There are two boys in the family to which he is the 2nd brother. And, he received his MA in Art & Media from Chungang University, Seoul, Korea in 2009. His attendance dates for his BA and MA combined, based on above, spanned 2001-2009.

If the above link does not retain the English translation, the site will allow you to select an English, Japanese, Korean, or Chinese translation.

• Like 13
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Drought & Rain

Like changing seasons

That often come and go,

Life goes on

In its ebb and flow.

From high to low

And then high again,

Sometimes its drought

And Sometimes rain.

--A.K. Rilke

*** How most of us  must be feeling right now. Stay BINJIN strong, All. We are sailing on....

• Like 8
  • Love 12

1 hour ago, Baylack said:

/ 2009~ MA, Art&Media, Chungang University, Seoul, Korea

And, he received his MA in Art & Media from Chungang University, Seoul, Korea in 2009. His attendance dates for his BA and MA combined, based on above, spanned 2001-2009.

He didn't receive his masters based on this info, it says "2009~". Meaning, he was/is in the process of attaining his masters. Maybe he dropped out to keep acting before he enlisted. Maybe he finished and VAST didn't bother updating this since he's nearly 40 and his fans probably don't care as much anymore.

Also, the most likely reason it took 8 years is because not every class is available online and he likely didn't take a full load like normal students. Filming affects location, hours, and dates of availability. There's no way to be physically present for class if he was filming dramas or movies and when class is on M/T/W/TH/F's. Korean universities are very strict on attendance.

• Insightful 5

2 hours ago, blackbeannoodle said:

He didn't receive his masters based on this info, it says "2009~". Meaning, he was/is in the process of attaining his masters. Maybe he dropped out to keep acting before he enlisted. Maybe he finished and VAST didn't bother updating this since he's nearly 40 and his fans probably don't care as much anymore.

Also, the most likely reason it took 8 years is because not every class is available online and he likely didn't take a full load like normal students. Filming affects location, hours, and dates of availability. There's no way to be physically present for class if he was filming dramas or movies and when class is on M/T/W/TH/F's. Korean universities are very strict on attendance.

Hello blackbeannoodle and thanks for the input! I'm not saying I can't learn any additional information (I'm always thirsting for additional knowledge) but I actually have 34 years of experience in academia (and counting :)) so I'm very familiar with the educational process as a whole. It happens to be one of my wheelhouses :). That's one of the reasons HB's educational background got my attention. I might add that the U.S. has strict post-secondary guidelines as well (too many to go into detail) but one in particular is named Satisfactory Academic Progress (better known as SAP). This is a BINJIN forum so I won't use up all the pages droning on about U.S. criteria.  

However, I do want to say if you make the argument that he has not received an MA based on how VAST has worded his educational background in the English version, you would also have to say it is not clear that he received his BA (undergraduate degree in 2004) as shown and supported on various sites. What it sounds like is that VAST needs to do a better job of maintaining its online database and/or translations so that the validity of the site can be trusted and not questioned. Otherwise, why offer profile information or any other information for that matter at all?

I think it was an Esquire interview where HB elaborated on his educational background but I've read so many things that it could have been some other interview. If I eventually come across it, I will post it or maybe it will be a case where I imagined it (although I don't think so).

• Like 1
  • Insightful 10

6 hours ago, Baylack said:

Keep in mind the highlight said he enrolled in 2009 to pursue an MA. It didn't state he completed it in '09. I 'm still digging for other substantial information regarding his educational pursuits. However, nowadays, even with the busiest of schedules it is possible to pursue all kinds of degree programs even online to match a person's schedule. A lot of it has to do with how committed a person is. If HB's history is any indication, it becomes very feasible that he could have pursued and earned an MA. It seems that once he sets his sight on something, he goes all in. You also want to keep in mind that an MA does not require as many credits as a BA. In the U.S., MAs can be 24 credits, 36 credits, 48 credits, if there is an emphasis, it can even be 60 or 60+ credits as opposed to BAs being anywhere from 120 credits-128 credits (in most cases). Like I said before, unless SK is different from the U.S.

2010 - Once he finished filming Late Autumn in March, he was in Hawaii in March. Guess he could have done it between April-August. He was in Seoul this entire time attending events and playing sports/baseball a lot with the guys lol. However, Sept was Come Rain Come Sunshine filming for 2 weeks, then he was in Pusan Film Festival in Oct , before being even more busy with SeGa Then once he finally confirmed military in January 2011 as he passed his exam. He also did narration for Tears in Africa sometime during SeGa. Then he was busy working on CFs and promotion in Berlin in February before he went into military in March 7. unless he continued post military 2013-2014. He is less busy then lol.. I was looking at 2010 yesterday for other reasons. So that's why I know in detail as I wrote his sightings and film schedule down lol. 

Continuing school 2005-2007 I can see definitely happening lol. I graduated in theatre at university. (not acting) I knew a lot of actors. So I know how actors can do gigs while in school but they normally only do it during their breaks especially a tv show or a movie especially when you've a bigger role. Can't imagine doing MA especially on a busy film schedule lol. Unless MA in Korea doesn't take that long to do. Finishing off his BA after taking a break for Shower is easier to do. He said that he focused the next 3 years just on his acting career (post Shower) 

He just never mentioned he was still going to school in those interviews back then unless he didn't want to mention it. Maybe he should have also been given the cow nickname lol. He's more busier than Gong Yoo lol 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 4

7 hours ago, Baylack said:

So based on VAST's site, it's settled then. There are two boys in the family to which he is the 2nd brother. And, he received his MA in Art & Media from Chungang University, Seoul, Korea in 2009. His attendance dates for his BA and MA combined, based on above, spanned 2001-2009.

If the above link does not retain the English translation, the site will allow you to select an English, Japanese, Korean, or Chinese translation.

I also read that HB came from a family of lawyers so I would assume his father and brothers among others are lawyers. And I now understand why his father was not too happy at first when HB decided to go into acting. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1