[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

@MY15

Big thanks for updating us on the evolution mode ... still don't like the dark background but love the font size. And while we're at it, free the emoji GIFs from their boxes !!!:Please:

SYJ, you rock!!! When you said "Thank you very much!" at Baeksang Awards, you were dropping a huge hint that your eye smiles were directed at Hollywood. You also looked at Bin when you uttered those words so he probably knew, too. Very smart to accept an offer that will film on her home turf since the US is not faring well with the pandemic at this moment.  

Actually kinda sensed that SYJ was interested in work coming from abroad ... was watching a roundtable discussion of high profile celebrities which included Nicole Kidman who said they were starting a movie project about women in Asia which included a Korean character.  Sandra Oh, a Korean-Canadian actress,  was also in the roundtable but it seemed she was unaware of this role. If they were casting for a Korean actress, SYJ was the only one that popped in my head, of course. I have a feeling that she was entertaining several offers - The Cross may be the one she's favoring. 

As for her better half, he may stand to get more offers from Hollywood, as well. Lee Byung Hun has been getting most of the Asian roles ; goodness knows, one can count on one hand all the prominent Asian roles in movies, stateside.  He has had one international independent movie in Late Autumn, so he's comfortable in speaking English. Hopefully, he doesn't get type casted in villain roles but if there's one villain role that I wish for him - it's the ultimate one for James Bond!  My imagination explodes with the possibilities ... as good-looking  as James Bond & backed up by  the most savvy Korean technology  in the planet ... heck, he doesn't have to speak English because Bond needs to learn his ... :heart2beat:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I dont even know why the work- family balance thing is a debate really. In South Korea i dont see these actors being overworked especially in recent years. They all seem to have a good balance of work and personal life. A movie takes 1 to 3 months to film usually and a drama can go to six months but they get breaks and they go back to their homes at night after a day of filming. Back then things used to be harsh for them with the early morning until night filming but since then i think due to many advances in technology it has improved a lot and they dont struggle as much. They do two projects max a year and it takes like half of the year and the other half they get to relax not doing a lot.  A wedding takes literally ONE day and if they do it in secret even better lol. Really a work-life balance for celebs are good these days in general in any country.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

54 minutes ago, Kari said:

this whole can-Yejin-balance-work-and-family and women-can-have-it-all talk...I think most of us, especially SYJ fans, know by now that she's pretty much a feminist. I'm just going to say it's 2020

I agree. I can see the worries people have about biological clocks as carrying your own child over 40 is not a guarantee, just a "hopefully." Our girl would definitely know this and be taking it into consideration.

SYJ is opinionated and wants what she wants. I trust her to make well-informed decisions. Maybe they'll skip marrying and secretly date forever? Maybe they'll marry in secret and never feel the need to go public? Maybe they have changed their minds about kids and just want to enjoy their careers together? IF she really wants her own child with her own DNA (my 41 year-old friend had to use a donated egg), then smart and wise SYJ is already taking that into consideration. Freezing eggs? Who knows, right? IF she cares about marrying at all or marrying before some certain age, then she has already considered that in her plans, as well. But she definitely can have a change of heart about such things over time. It happens. Maybe she doesn't feel strongly about marrying before 40 anymore and wants to enjoy her career? You can't know what you'll feel until that time in your life actually arrives.

What we CAN be sure about is that she will do what's best for her. She always does. And she'll want Binnie to do what's best for him because she's so mature like that. I don't feel anything will be overlooked or forgotten because SYJ (and HB as well) do not roll that way. That's why we respect them--they are talented, super cool, AND smart. I feel they will marry this year, but more than anything, I feel they are talking and sharing and deciding together with thoughtful, clear heads. I want what they want, and I trust them both to be very careful and intentional in that. Whatever happens is what they want to happen, and I'm good with that.

The ship sails on!!! (We need a boat gif.)   :happydance:

• Like 18
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

hello yorobun.. its midnight in my country and this is my last visit of soompi before going to bed..  i would like to see anouncement when i wake up! (god pleaseeee) :w00t: 

let pray all together:heart2:

love you two:wub:

a0ac43141e2841ba339bf23b16acc5d9.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

You are correct @TotoroSY. I took a pause from replying to your post as I couldn't remember when he talked about certain stuff back then. Luckily, I remembered he talked a lot about it in Taxi interview. Then I went back to reread some of his interviews from his early years and what he said. So looks like when Classic was filmed in 2002 he most likely wasn't in school then (it will just go into a list of opportunities they could have crossed paths then lol). He was doing theatre at the university for a year and then the audition for Shower came about. It was mentioned 2002 for that movie but maybe he shot earlier (who knows lol) In order to do the movie, he decided to take a leave from school. The movie had only shot mid way before funding was cut and it didn't happen. Since he found it embarrassing and all his friends & classmates  knew about him doing the movie, he decided to not go back to school and focus more on his acting career for the next 3 years. That is why we got so much more movies/dramas from him in 2003-2004 before landing MNIKSS (2005). I noticed even SYJ in Delicious Proposal, she cooks on this show (I started the show recently) - It reminds me of Sam Soon in MNIKSS (maybe this is why she brought up the show that time while promoting April Snow in 2005. If she played Sam Soon, it would be yet another character she has played before lol. She has always been about playing different roles and not doing similar projects. That was why she said the audience wouldn't have liked her in it even if she knows she could play the role well lol). In an interview when he was talking about Friend, he mentioned that he had dreamt about doing a project like this since 2001, before his debut. One thing is clear when you read old HB interviews and watch old HB interviews, there is a lot of incorrect information of his early years online. Some places say he only has one brother but he clearly says he has two brothers in the Taxi interview:lol: 

I caught too a while back that he said 2 brothers in the Taxi interview. Then  after seeing him consistently refer to 1 brother in future interviews, I just assumed he misspoke during the Taxi interview. I thought maybe his brain was anticipating the question as being how many children in his family or maybe the statement was incorrectly translated. It baffled me and made me try to find confirmation of the sibling number through other comparisons.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

TGIF chingus!

Another week has passed without the news that everyone is waiting to hear. But its all good, I think and I know all of you also think, that our ship remains to be sailing smoothly.

So meantime here's a little oldie I found which put a smile on my face. This may seem a little pervy but those hands!!! Imagine them applying sunscreen on someone else ;). OK, I leave it at that  and will go no futher as we want to keep it classy and clean. :D

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6

6 hours ago, Kari said:

Marriage: am I thinking about this too simplistically? I didn't know marriage comes with suspending your work life? If so, then what about the countless working mothers out there? And doesn't getting married literally take a day? Court registration, wedding, done! 

I mentioned this in the club but I will say it here (I went into a lot of detail in there). I was looking at LBH and LMJ's marriage and work pre and post wedding. They dated for a year before they got married. They originally denied dating and eventually confirmed as there were marriage rumors coming out. When they confirmed they were dating, it came out that they briefly dated 6 years ago. LBH was busy promoting 2 Hollywood movies before their marriage and LMJ just finished a TV show before they got married. LBH literally went back to work a month after their wedding (that project was done in Feb 2014). They both also attended lots of events after their wedding (date August 2013). 2014 LBH was busy working on 2 other projects (which includes Terminator which filmed overseas) and LMJ worked on a TV show from January-April (I assume she joined him abroad after she was done). That was her last project before getting pregnant. So yes it is possible to work, be married, have a family and have a successful relationship. LBH continues to work a lot and LMJ is doing a TV show right now ^_^

3 hours ago, Baylack said:

I caught too a while back that he said 2 brothers in the Taxi interview. Then  after seeing him consistently refer to 1 brother in future interviews, I just assumed he misspoke during the Taxi interview. I thought maybe his brain was anticipating the question as being how many children in his family or maybe the statement was incorrectly translated. It baffled me and made me try to find confirmation of the sibling number through other comparisons.

Yea I noticed that later when I was reading back again earlier today LOL!.. He does say one brother. It was in a fact sheet . He even said where he lived LOL! I was like umm why did he get that personal? Is this real (was what went through my head lol) :lol: Maybe the Taxi interview, someone translated it wrong :lol: Also noticed people also mention he has an MA at Seoul University (when I was reading again in his thread)? Who knows LOL! If he really did continue going to school and acting at the same time, I am impressed lol

2010 Binnie was funny. He didn't care how many kids as long as one of them was a son lol

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

15 hours ago, Teeners said:

I'm scared I'll get in an accident and die without getting a confirmation from these two.:(

Aigoo... chingu! Don’t say that. We all gotta be here for d-day! We can all ‘die‘ together when we get the confirmation..  although we need to resurrect right away as we have to wait for the twins next! :crazymad:

Stay healthy, BinJin nation! 

Update: I am suffering from a migraine (and I can feel a stye coming) from trying to continuously read our thread in the new theme hehe wish me luck! :twerk2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

Some places say he only has one brother but he clearly says he has two brothers in the Taxi interview:lol: 

I was confused too when I watched the Taxis interview he said  he has TWO brothers and their ocuppations

Haiz, Google says he only have 1 bro and was not corrected till now.

But Google is VERY UPDATED  when you search ‘Hyun Bin Wife’ and ‘Hyun Bin GF’.  Its Jinnie...Jinnie...Jinnie...  lol :hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1

Ok, so Hyun Bin will be leaving for Jordan on the 13th and they’re taking a chartered flight as confirmed in an article posted today by Naver. 

Ye Jin, it’s okay. :dontwanna:

i have a dumb question though. For chartered flights, do they need to go through airport inspection/the works? Or they go straight at the tarmac and the airport staff will attend to them there? Hoping to see fancams on the 13th. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

I guess to go with v/ast photoshoot update lol hl science did an update too haha

I am surprised they are actually telling us publicly when HB and HJM are flying out! I hope they aren't swarmed by paps.

Also, they gave me a HJM work schedule update LOL! Glad he filmed his press stuff earlier. So he doesn't need to fly out again

• Like 5

O.K. I was trying to find the link to an article or interview where, I believe HB commented on his having an MA and how he wants his children to be proud that he is educated (not verbatim). One of the shippers in this forum (can't remember which one) explained why Koreans emphasize education because when they have to fill out various forms for their children, parents have to list their educational backgrounds. She said it is viewed as a source of pride to have post-secondary education. While I couldn't find the link I was looking for, the following link states that:

https://kprofiles.com/hyun-bin-profile-facts/

Highlights:

– He graduated from Chung-Ang University in 2004 and majored in Theater Studies.
– In 2009, he enrolled at Chung-Ang University to get a Master’s degree.

There is also additional information on the Internet that associates him as an alumnus of Chong-Ang University. I know alumnus can be indicative of a male graduate of a university and/or someone who previously attended. However, unless things are different in SK than they are in the U.S., you can't pursue a Master's (MA) unless you can first show you have received a Bachelor's degree (BA) (or met the appropriate comparable criteria that is considered equivalent to having a BA).

28 minutes ago, Samsam said:

Ok, so Hyun Bin will be leaving for Jordan on the 13th and they’re taking a chartered flight as confirmed in an article posted today by Naver. 

Ye Jin, it’s okay. :dontwanna:

i have a dumb question though. For chartered flights, do they need to go through airport inspection/the works? Or they go straight at the tarmac and the airport staff will attend to them their? Hoping to see fancams on the 13th. 

Thanks for the update! I clicked on the link you gave and opted on the site for the English translation. It's rambling on about weird date translations like December 13, 2020 and other inconsistent dates. Is that just a fluke? Hopefully, the link will retain what I saw when you view it.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002878117?lfrom=twitter

• Like 2
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

@Baylack oh interesting. I haven't come across that fact sheet before about his potential MA in 2009 ^_^ Are we sure that is possible though. Binnie did get more busy later in 2009 lol.. Friends Our League filmed January-June. He was in Seattle October-March 2010 (He was in Seattle early as he was taking English classes). In 2008, he was filming I Am Happy before World Within :lol: Gosh if he really somehow found the time post MNIKSS success.. I remember him mentioning something of the matter in regards to children being proud. Although I don't remember the MA part.. I haven't come across the interview again yet though lol

I guess he could have gone back to school in 2007

• Like 2

5 hours ago, itspeanutbutterjellytime said:

I found a live footage of all of us here after realising:

- HB will finally be leaving to Jordan on 13 July and most likely not be back for SIDA or his birthday
- not knowing when the next time we will ever see BinJin together in public

- Having to recycle contents from TN and CLOY era until God knows when to survive the drought

- Trying to be patient for THE confirmation and be reminded to ship responsibly because BinJin do not owe us anything and can take all the time they need/want

- the rest of the world telling us to move on from CLOY

That's the funniest and most accurate description ever of Binjin shippers LOL!!

@Samsam Thanks for the update on HB and HJM's flight to Jordan! I am surprised the media got hold of the actual date. Hopefully because it's a chartered flight, both of them can go via a VIP passage way without having to face media/ fans. Though I would love to have fancams, but celebrities and social distancing is sensitive topic now in SK. Knetz may start criticising if fans appear at the airport and media capture that...

We might actually get their arrival footage in Jordan by the Royal Jordan Film Commission. Same as what we got for the staff and crew. This is also a big deal for the Film commission cuz its the first foreign production crew to start filming again after the lockdown. Plus HB and HJM are big stars, so that will be good publicity for the film commission too.

RE: HB's Master's degree. I was also searching about this info much earlier, and someone pointed me to VAST official site. Its not in the Eng version but in the Korean version of HB, it says he is a from the Graduate School of Arts at Chung-Ang University. So this confirms he obtained his MA.

http://www.vastenm.com/theme/vaste/02/artists01_view.php?type=top&no=2

Auto-translate :

- Myung Hyun Bin
- Date of birth1982.09.25
- height 185cm
- Blood type B
- Graduate School of Arts at Chung-Ang University

Original in Korean :

이름현빈
생년월일1982.09.25
키185cm
혈액형B

학력중앙대학교 예술대학원

RE: HB's brother. I was also confused by the Taxi interview where it seems he said he has 2 brothers. But I think it might be a translation error, cuz it says "I have one brother who graduated from Seoul Uni and another who is an inspector". Could be referring to the same brother, or other older hyungs in his relatives (cuz he was saying how he has relatives who are doing well".

Here's the Taxi interview with the confusing part of the brother at 1:11:00 

(REPOSTING VIDEO as previous link was the wrong one)

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

@Baylack oh interesting. I haven't come across that fact sheet before about his potential MA in 2009 ^_^ Are we sure that is possible though. Binnie did get more busy later in 2009 lol.. Friends Our League filmed January-June. He was in Seattle October-January 2010 (He was in Seattle early as he was taking English classes). In 2008, he was filming I Am Happy before World Within :lol: Gosh if he really somehow found the time lol.. I remember him mentioning something of the matter in regards to children being proud. Although I don't remember the MA part.. I haven't come across the interview again yet though lol

Keep in mind the highlight said he enrolled in 2009 to pursue an MA. It didn't state he completed it in '09. I 'm still digging for other substantial information regarding his educational pursuits. However, nowadays, even with the busiest of schedules it is possible to pursue all kinds of degree programs even online to match a person's schedule. A lot of it has to do with how committed a person is. If HB's history is any indication, it becomes very feasible that he could have pursued and earned an MA. It seems that once he sets his sight on something, he goes all in. You also want to keep in mind that an MA does not require as many credits as a BA. In the U.S., MAs can be 24 credits, 36 credits, 48 credits, if there is an emphasis, it can even be 60 or 60+ credits as opposed to BAs being anywhere from 120 credits-128 credits (in most cases). Like I said before, unless SK is different from the U.S.

• Like 2

@TotoroSY yes, you’re right. Because of the Covid situation, fans will definitely not be allowed. And i totally forgot about the video that we got of The Bargaining crew. Hoping they will provide us with another footage when Hyun Bin and Co arrives on the 13th.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1