[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I wasn't so fussed about the paragliding hug because JH has his legs clamped around SR's waist.

Spoiler

d5f2e875ab4fca01faad7f94c9fae397b52ad3f2

897dfc30286fa86385f304a023b607b3a27be472

From the intro, it appears that JH is in South Korea at some point.

e0a74b79c08936e0bc2638acc6d1ca760d56a6db

And it seems that they meet in the future in Switzerland.

6540fd95b2b2d498bc02331d4d63edfbba128f93

But what most interests me is why the endings always appear on a canvas like a painting.  <_<

8120beb58132ff581395c402b5909df3780ec70b

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Yeah. But kinda wish that they showed a bit more of her complex personality. All those character traits we saw when she was introduced got left at the border. I suspect we are going to see more of those sides when she goes back to korea. But i think they did a better job with Ri Jeong-Hyeok there in showing his different sides.

To expand on that i thought it's pretty interesting that in south korea she is the cunning business woman and then you have her in North Korea. Much more easy going, warm,  and a bit clumsy. Part of it because she doesnt have to do deal with her family but that's not at all. There is also the notion of living a simpler life without all the worries. Which requires quite some bending considering that her safety is in serious danger. And those inspections are probably a lot more terrifying then Kim Sun-Young's character makes it seem. Or the shooting at people at the border. Now they are on their way to become besties. Or the 2 kids who living in that wooden box, but hey they have a blanket and some food now.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, 1ouise said:

I wasn't so fussed about the paragliding hug because JH has his legs clamped around SR.

I saw that, but

Spoiler

There should still be gravity at work. Considering she is the one with the chutes. YSR arms would be at his armpit, not around his waist. Their faces should be at about same level. The position shown is just so as we can have a nice appearance of his face above her head and her head resting on his chest. No problem at all for me, just have to laugh a bit. It’s just like kissing scenes where they have the much shorter actress stand on wooden block to adjust her height and have good camera take.

Not a scene I would rewatch though no matter how romantic. Up to the jumping is good enough for me to imagine what he’s doing for her.

Warning: don’t open spoiler if you don’t want the romantic image/scene ruined for you ;):P 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

1 hour ago, Jemrie said:

One of the cutest scenes in Ep4. She gave him a finger heart:heart:

Hahaha i still laughing hard when i remember Pyo said "why she suddenly want to donate her organ to him":lol::lol:

I can't wait to watch the scene in Mongolia because both of them said the emotional aspect they shot in Mongolia is the most memorable scenes.

• Like 5
  • LOL 13

I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but Hyun Bin's co-star in The Swindlers Park Sung-woong made a cameo appearance as the taxi driver who drove Seo Dan from the airport on episode 4. His singing of the potato song is hilarious. 

It's nice to see friends and colleagues of the actors, director, and writer showing support for CLOY. :wub:

JV9Vnf8.png

I'd say that the choice of the potato pride song is not necessarily random. Here are some tidbits on the so-called "potato revolution" in NK, a concerted government effort to highlight the importance of potatoes in the midst of famine due to rice shortage in the 1990s. 

https://www.nknews.org/2014/02/in-search-of-miracles-and-substitutes-north-koreas-potato-revolution/

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 2

Hello Soompiers! I wrote about the historical and political background to Crash Landing on You and why this show is so significant.

https://jenweiting.com/2019/12/24/crash-landing-on-you-humanising-north-korea/

Also can I just say how excited I am that we have so many great actors playing North Koreans on this show? Particularly excited to see Kim Young Min (My Ahjussi!) and Jang So Yeon, absolutely wonderful, all-round character actors as a couple with a conscience. They don't just play minor roles--I think we will see more of them going forward! Maybe they will help Seri/Jong Hyuk escape?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

seeing Park Sung Wong made his appearance in the drama turn on my greedy button.

I hope to see Jung Hae In as a person who will help Se Ri escape back to South Korea.

I wish Shi Hye will appear as Jeong Hyeok ex girlfriend... there's no way a handsome face like that have no past right???? it will be such a waste (refer to Se Ri comment when she's taking picture for Dan and Jeong Hyeok in Switzerland)

It will be funny if the one that help Se Ri back to SK is Seung Jung, using money he scammed from Se Ri brother. I can't wait to see how they will meet each other. I hope she will escaping soon.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

Hi Everyone!

I couldn’t stop myself to create a Soompi account. It’s been a while for me :)

I have a few theories that have been playing in my head:

1. Does Ri Jung-hyuk remember Se-ri?

Spoiler

I think RJH remembers Se Ri. Apart from his swoon-worthy smile in Episode 1’s prologue, there are other hints throughout the last three episodes. One particular scene that caught my attention was when he took out his old camera. I could not help but wonder why he also unwrapped his camera when he has his hand on the  hand drip coffee maker set. Additionally, RJH comes off as a sharp person and I personally believe he wouldn’t forget it.

(btw does anyone know the type of his camera?). 

2. In the past, did Ri Jung-hyuk follow Se-ri?

Spoiler

Another interesting fact that has not been discussed in the drama is the Switzerland’s timeline. There is an epilogue where SR was advised to go sightseeing and RJH was seen next to her. I wonder whether this scene is before of after the attempted suicide. Do you think it’s coincidence?

PS: I would like to imagine that he was there to ensure that SR was safe. 

3. Why does SR need a candle to sleep at night?

Spoiler

This one is interesting for me. What does the light mean for SR? 

She came to a stop when she realised that she couldn’t locate her friends. However, once she saw a ray of light, she took hesitant steps toward it. Could it be that she once was forgotten?

I will add some later.

• Like 12
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

There is another detail that caught my attention: music. Remember that SR bragged to RJH that she could play piano, she mentioned Elise by Beethoven. Both have the piano in common. I am wondering if SR heard him playing piano back then and his playing had such an influence on her that after her return, she decided to learn to play piano.

We shouldn't forget that when she saw the paragliding in Switzerland, she was so impressed that later it became her hobby in South Korea. 

I forgot about the music and paragliding. I hope we would get a simple explanation about those topics.

Also, I remember some people discussing  RJH’s foot during the paragliding scene. If I am not mistaken, in a real paragliding based on my experience, he needs to do that in order to avoid injuries while landing. It’s because they are facing each other instead of on the back (common and normal paragliding). In a normal tandem situation, the one at the front (the trainee) will need to fold his/her foot prior to landing. The instructor (the one at the back) is responsible for the landing. 

You can watch the explanation here:

side notes: lee seung gi is going to appear as a cameo.

Edited by INeedAFan
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

27 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

My dear I don´t think that he is growing the tomatoes for you to use on your burger. Go look for tomatoes somewhere else :joy:

Me

5e0207fa86194876075029.gif?download

Omg omg omg , I wouldn’t respond to that :joy:

@Lawyerh send @Sarang21 to the prison :naughty: she crush my bubble :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Awesome 1