[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

The ending of this drama is obvious. Why do you think they chose ''switzerland'' as the country of reference ? because the country has this reputation of ''peace'' and the opposite of countries trapped in war conflicts. That's why they gave them this background. He will become a pianist again and live there with his love. They will both leave their countries and reunite in the peaceful land.

For TvN channel 5% and above is already a hit and Crash Landing is fast approaching the 10% which will mean Hyun Bin had TWO monster hits (above 6%) in the same year for this channel. Some are already calling him the TvN king! He is a good fit in this channel and i hope he continues with them in the future. 

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add. Thanks
  • Like 19
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, sunkissedluna said:

Oh Gawd! (I’m so into HB) I’m so into this drama now. This is the second time that i’ve mentioned him in my post and please know that he is not the sole and main reason why i watch this. I know the reality of living in NK is being downplayed because the truth remains that it’s hell there even if NK citizens will argue to death to say that it’s not true. The curiosity to learn more about one of the most isolated country in the world is my main reason. And of course the good looking leading actors and their chemistry. The comedic supporting actors and villains are great, too. I have so much love for this drama and the only thing that i hate is that it airs 2X a week only because the wait for (HB’s next close up smile and side view shots) the next episode is killing me.:)

I actually met some NK people and watched some documentaries... They actually remembered their country fondly, it's their homeland after all. What they didn't miss is living without freedom and living in poverty-stricken country.. 

43 minutes ago, RobinM said:

She has to go back to deal with her family drama and logically he must eventually accompany her there for the Love line.We had had stills of him looking very hot and casually dressed and very definitely looking SK. Perhaps he will volunteer for some secret mission or some such down South.

He has to defect... He can't just go South...not for a mission then go to meet his lover...? He'll be executed. 

Logically, it's him or her that has to defect... But most probably him. He wouldn't even be able to go to Switzerland without his family background (or diplomatic mission) ...but If he wants to return there and lives his life with Seri (who's a South Korean), he has to defect... 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 6

54 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Usually cable tv got lower average rating than free to air tv.

For cable 5% is really good. 3% is average. Above 10 is a really big hit. There are only few drama hit more than 10% on cable this year. 

As far as i remember there are only 3 drama surpass 10% this year. 

The crowned clown,sky castle, and hotel del luna.

Btw the next highest one is Crash landing on you with peak 8.499% surpass graceful family 8.467% which means this drama is so damn good and going into right direction.

The ost is crusing the melon aswell to make it even better.

For the comparison i could say that 20%+ FTA comparable into 10%+ cable.

Lets take a look at Dots who had 26% average and 35.7% peak rating. And then take Mr sunshine who had 13% average with 18% peak rating. Almost identical right for fta and cable tv.

Omg thank you very much :grin:.I was wondering why the ratings are so low since this drama is so so good.Hope it gets 10+ soon

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Considering how much everyone is loving the romance and comedy I feel like a very small minority that can't wait for it to get more serious...

How long do we think until they have a role reversal and he'll need to spend some time in SK or do we already know most of the show will be set in NK?

Lol me too. I wanted seri to go back to SK already. And what’s up with his brother showing at Seri’s company anyway? She build that company in her own right? So what power do they have to look at the company’s financial statements. 

• Like 7

Do we have the subbed preview for ep 5? I cant watch anything where I am... I am keeping up with the drama via all of you! Thank you for all the goodies! Thank you! 

Update. Hi all. I found the subbed preview for ep 5 via ig. Just in case anyone has not seen it yet, the handler acc is binjin1919. Enjoy!

• Like 7

@sharluvsenergy this writer is always good at metaphor. yup you are right even when they were complete strangers years ago, RJH is always smiling looking at Seri even Seri was in a not good condition. And we know Seo Dan's eyes is always with RJH. She waited for him to visit her in Russia for 10 years but he never did. That what makes her came back to homeland to be with RJH. i know many of us hope there wont be love triangle but knowing this writer, there will be love triangle at least until episode 10 before the second FL realized she has no chance and accept defeat. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, sharluvsenergy said:

Ratings are out!!! WOOT! It went up once again!

Nielsen Korea (%)

Nationwide 8.499%

Seoul 9.409%

Looking forward for this coming weekend a good one again:innocent:. Keep praying for good. Keep leaving a good positive comments in every online site that both are in headlines. :heart:

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

@sharluvsenergy this writer is always good at metaphor. yup you are right even when they were complete strangers years ago, RJH is always smiling looking at Seri even Seri was in a not good condition. And we know Seo Dan's eyes is always with RJH. She waited for him to visit her in Russia for 10 years but he never did. That what makes her came back to homeland to be with RJH. i know many of us hope there wont be love triangle but knowing this writer, there will be love triangle at least until episode 10 before the second FL realized she has no chance and accept defeat. 

Seodan and JH condition is an arrange bet two influencial families. Moreover they only met once in swizz and to trick their parents that indeed they met both took a pictures. And after 10yrs she is back. I think their personal connection is just friends. 

So much things to anticipate for this coming weekends as to how JH and Seri reaction, when they both knew that lietenant colonol discover SR's plight, she doesn't belong to dept11. 

For time being, just enjoy watching it again and again for this latest ones:wub:

• Like 11

8 hours ago, somethingitr said:

Hi do anyone know the equivalent of cable tv ratings to free broadcast tv ratings?

Just additional ideas though it may not exactly sounds right. 

1) FREE BROADCAST- its generally without subscription when you watch tv. Like for example, south korean population lets say around 50million consist of urban (city areas) and rural areas(countryside). Given this polulation we are not sure how many household have tv's..roughly lets say only 40million have tvs, so it means this 40million people can access to watch channels that OFFERS free to air broadcast. No additional payment when you watch bcoz its a free to air tv. You have a liberty to watch to any channels as long as its FREE. exmple free channel, kbs, sbs, and mbs and..... which i dont know. 

2)CABLE TV- is a subscription plan that every month you have to pay on what ur watching. Its an additional payment for your housebill. Again, we use the above example 40million have tvs' but only 3/4of it around 30million can afford to have a luxury for extra channels to watch likes, tvN, chosun, jtbc and ocn and sports channels and so on. These are the channel you are entitled to watch when installing a cable. And these 30million cable subscribers doesn't give you guarantee that they all watch this drama coz some may have their own preferences and some are out for business. 

So rating wise, its gap difference its quite bigger from free to pay....moreover, additional to boost the ratings is the solid base of ur fans. They were the ones who would deligently watch and even subscribe if its needed just to show their undying love and support for that certain actor/actress. 

Therefore, we hope for more viewers to come and keep that positive vibes for this drama would finally reach to a highest ratings equally given to their superb acting. :wub:

• Like 10
  • Insightful 3

ah what can i say about this week ep beside that i enjoyed it so much. I really like how you can see exactly the moment Seri fell for JH caring side. and vice versa, despite sayin oherwise JH actualy really pays attention and listens well to Seri words. I admit at first i found Seri litte annoying sometimes but more and more i find her cute and most importantly very kindhearted too. The scene with the little boy in ep3 made me all emo TT. I like how Seri knows how to say sorry and shows her gratitude towards people around her. She seems spoiled but at the same time very bright and sweet. The little bit about her past make me curious too. It's kinda refreshing to have the step mom not being evil. I think she tried to abandon Seri at the beach but in the end turned back and actually grew fond of Seri. and Seri calling her 'mom' makes me think she never really knew her biological mother. I hope they can mend their relationship somehow bc i feel she really cares for Seri, even more than her sons.

Junghyuk reaction when learning sth about SK is so hilarious lol I find it very clever the writer use those elements in the drama, one to emphasize the differences between NK and SK; but at the same time showing the living environment there which is not that far apart. In the end it can still bring them close when you only need kindness and an opened mind to accept others. That's why i love this drama, it's not to be taken seriously but still a good approach to such sensitive topic as NK/SK. Since it's a drama we're allowed to wish for the better future. Personally i don't want them to 'escape' from their countries to be able to be together somewhere else, i hope somehow they can stay true to their homeland and find their way to be happy w/o abandoning everything. i guess it's too idealistic kkk 

• Like 11
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Brokenwings said:

I'm dead with these two hahahaha. I laugh so hard that my stomach hurts with their first scene in episode 4. :D:D:D Why they are so adorable :lol::lol:

My fav are their candle and paragliding scenes, just so beautiful and romantic :wub:

Mine will be the romantic banter during that late night bicycle ride :wub:

• Like 7

Hi everyone..!

So far this drama is entertaining, argh..what can I say except HyunBin has such successfully shows various facial expressions as usual..I really love it. This shy guy can be very funny in dramaland.

22 minutes ago, RanP said:

Personally i don't want them to 'escape' from their countries to be able to be together somewhere else, i hope somehow they can stay true to their homeland and find their way to be happy w/o abandoning everything. i guess it's too idealistic kkk 

Yes, me too. I believe writer-nim and pd-nim will give us rational and justified ending towards this drama. Look forward how their love will continue and simultaneously serve their own countries respectively. :wub:

• Like 8

I think what makes YSR/RJH couple fun to watch is because they act like they don't care about the other person but their actions tells otherwise. And the way they banter with each other is so like married couple. Without they realized they really act like real couple despite they are faking it. I like the scene where our Capt is in the jeep with his handsome subordinate and when the guy told him what SR did to make him get Promotional Star. He smiles like a fool and said 'Is she think she is my real fiancee' you can tell he too is enjoying the title knowing that the woman taking effort to get him promoted though he can do that with one phone call to his father. 

• Like 16

47 minutes ago, RanP said:

ah what can i say about this week ep beside that i enjoyed it so much. I really like how you can see exactly the moment Seri fell for JH caring side. and vice versa ... 

I was smiling like crazy the whole episode of both 3 and 4 :D Surprisingly, YSR and RJH  ... and the entire cast of CLOY have become my holiday stress-buster. Both episodes are packed with hilarious and romantic scene, replacing my favorite scenes one after the other. Just when I thought that the Boat Kiss was my most favorite, comes the Paragliding scene (that was so romantic, I could die :wub:) and the biking scene... Could there be a better drama than CLOY for year 2019? This is perfect for me ... my kind of drama, when I could just sit back, relax, enjoy the moment as a beautiful love story unfolds before my eyes :blush:

Just like Yoon Se-Ri, I got the taste of North Korean life. My first time!

• Like 13
  • Love 1

This couple is giving me cavities!! I really needed the amount of cheesiness in this drama!

Best scenes:

• The conversation while paragliding,
  • the argument about the kiss/failed escape,
  • SeRi making the finger hearteu ( I saw it coming a mile away!)
  • Captain Ri learning what finger hearteu means,
  • eating clam bulgogi and soju and pretending it's not up to her class, then hogging the soju.
  • staring at one another while eating clam bulgogi. Son Ye Jin has a killer eye smile!!:relaxed:
  • the black mamba bicycle ride, especially Captain pretending to just be passing by three times
  • making coffee and hangover stew for SeRi
  • SeRi saying that Captain Ri "can do better". pwahahahahaha!!

I bet clam bulgogi is the next big thing in South Korea.

But.... their hair wasn't blowing in the wind as much as it should while they were paragliding!! LOL!!:D Script Director-nim!!!

I think the guy intercepting their conversation has already started changing his opinion about Captain Ri after the pickpocketing incident. The actor looks so different here as a lowly minion after his role as the adulterous CEO in My Mister, I had to confirm that its him.^_^

I am of the opinion that they will end up in Switzerland because its a politically neutral country. However, a friend thinks that they'll end up in a reunified Korea and I like that idea too, especially since Se Ri has mentioned meeting Captain and the other soldiers after reunification.

I'm thinking that Se Ri's attempts to leave will finally bear fruit after they'll fall in love and they figure out who killed his brother. They will be conflicted about separating, but she knows she has to go for the sake of her business and her life. Will he follow her? Do they meet in Switzerland or a reunited Korea?

I'm wondering about Se Ri going back because she needs to fight her vulture family that's now angling for her business. Also, in keeping with the business of drama production, the character Se Ri probably needs to go back to SK soon so that she can wear fashionable clothes for the sake of product placements which pay for the cost of the drama....

Either way, I'm loving this drama.

• Like 17
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Jung Hyeok-ah... You are really in trouble now that you got smitten by her.

Make sure you stock enough potatoes and corns in your cellar since you'll never knew what next award she will be presenting with her new friends.

:heart::lol::joy:

Don't say that I don't warn you....

8 hours ago, Josh Marquez said:

And what’s up with his brother showing at Seri’s company anyway? She build that company in her own right? So what power do they have to look at the company’s financial statements. 

They need money to convincing the boards member for appointment new heir.

the second brother wants to close Se Ri company and take the money.... its because he wants to replace the money he lost in scamming with Se Ri money coz they thought Se Ri is dead somewhere.

Edited by triplem
Merged consecutive posts
  • Like 7
  • LOL 13