Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

8 hours ago, sussieh said:

We will have ep 9& 10 this week, but ep 11 will be airing until Sat. Feb 1 (because of their new year celebrations, I think)

Oh good. At least, we'll get 2 episodes before we have to sit it out for an extra week. I'm really curious to know who kidnapped Se Ri and for what purpose. Plus, I want to see JH find SR again.

Also, may I suggest that we table discussions regarding scandals from this thread? The purpose of this thread is mainly to discuss the drama itself, not the real life issues of the stars of the drama or to comment on such. Discussions about any scandals can be taken to the actors' personal threads.

Please note that off topic posts are frequently removed from the thread by moderators.

• Like 15
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

3 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

I'm hoping the father kidnapped her so she can go back.

I am hoping the same as this would make it somewhat easier for JH to retrieve Seri. But if this in fact was the case, it could potentially make it more difficult for JH's father to remove himself from the situation. If he does not surrender Seri, then he becomes an accomplice to JH. If he surrenders Seri, then he in effect would be incriminating JH. Either way seems like a lose-lose situation. If he has Seri, I can see him with 2 options which will save both him and JH - kill her or return her to SK secretly. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I am hoping the same as this would make it somewhat easier for JH to retrieve Seri. But if this in fact was the case, it could potentially make it more difficult for JH's father to remove himself from the situation. If he does not surrender Seri, then he becomes an accomplice to JH. If he surrenders Seri, then he in effect would be incriminating JH. Either way seems like a lose-lose situation. If he has Seri, I can see him with 2 options which will save both him and JH - kill her or return her to SK secretly. 

I say the latter...return her secretly 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Random Question: at the End of Episode 8 as he is running out of his house what is that straw tipi building in the yard?  Please and thank you!

• Like 4

Been lurking and reading most of the posts but the thread is moving fast it is hard to keep up. Just want to share my thoughts on the drama that we all love.:)

For me, Seri's  return to SK  marks the beginning of the end of the series because  there is practically nothing for her in SK, well except "Seri's Choice". Her issues with her family can be easily resolved upon her return to SK. Taking from the first ep, it seems that she knows how to handle them.

On the other hand, the main villain is in NK (Oh Man Seok as Cho Cheol-gang is so good), the second leads are in NK (their characters need to develop/grow more), and the stakes are much higher in NK (life and death, the downfall of RJH's family). There is also death of RJH's brother- I hope Man Bok will finally make a choice (putting his life and family on the line)  to help RJH which will bring down the villain. So unless all the key characters go to SK, there is no reason why the story should move to SK, I think.:crazy:

My take is that the "journey" itself and developments of the characters because of their interactions with each other is  the story itself, and NK is where that happens. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

9 minutes ago, Dee.84 said:

For me, Seri's  return to SK  marks the beginning of the end of the series

Ditto.

I think that she will be able to return around ep 14 (and that goodbye will be heartbreaking to see!). Then ep 15/16 the plot could move again to Switzerland.

The happy ending that I am waiting is both of them in Switzerland, where he can play piano again,... oh! And with his squad please! :love:  I know that I ask to much hehe

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Oh good. At least, we'll get 2 episodes before we have to sit it out for an extra week. I'm really curious to know who kidnapped Se Ri and for what purpose. Plus, I want to see JH find SR again.

Also, may I suggest that we table discussions regarding scandals from this thread? The purpose of this thread is mainly to discuss the drama itself, not the real life issues of the stars of the drama or to comment on such. Discussions about any scandals can be taken to the actors' personal threads.

Please note that off topic posts are frequently removed from the thread by moderators.

Thank you for writing this. I concur, scandal whatsoever, is not related to CLoY.

• Like 4

I guess it would hypothetically possible if he went over seas and got permission to take the Ducklings as aides or Guards. 

• Like 8

I’ve got too many pages to back read! But I remember someone asking where the Switzerland piano playing location was— 

It’s in Isetwald, Interlaken— the pier outside Strand Hotel :)

3 more days.. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

when I know I get addicted to a drama :joy:

my mood whole week is seagulls :sweat_smile:

Me rewatching CLOY while other drama past by :tounge_wink:

15790481761579048173.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2

If it's SD that has her, I guess she will send her back but I feel she is working with SJ.  SJ plans are not send her back.  Whoever has her had prevents JH and his father to be prosecuted for having a sk spy.  CK needs her alive to present her to that other guy.  Another thing is how are they going to prove she is sk spy. SD has the magazine article of who she is..

Also who did SD call on the public phone?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

43 minutes ago, sussieh said:

Ditto.

I think that she will be able to return around ep 14 (and that goodbye will be heartbreaking to see!). Then ep 15/16 the plot could move again to Switzerland.

The happy ending that I am waiting is both of them in Switzerland, where he can play piano again,... oh! And with his squad please! :love:  I know that I ask to much hehe

So, I was thinking about possible happy endings to this drama, and I wondered whether perhaps Se Ri could get special status to go back and forth between countries? She could set up a factory in NK as an economic development perhaps? In RL, the SK government is always pushing for SK conglomerates to form economic ventures in NK in the hopes of creating further bridges between the countries and strongarms chaebol leaders into joining the official delegation for talks and meetings.

If Se Ri could get such special status, she could stay in touch with the village women and the Ducklings as well as being with JH. I would think that JH would have to leave the military, but he might be even encouraged to marry SR then in order to keep SR's ventures firmly involved in NK. I know that this isn't realistic, but this is a drama, and not necessarily RL. I was trying to think of something that wasn't complete and utter fantasy as a way of allowing the OTP to stay together, and not by occasionally meeting furtively in Switzerland, having major political changes such as reunification, or having JH and his entire family become defectors to SK.I say having JH and his family defect because I can't imagine that JH would allow his parents to suffer because he chooses to defect. Some joint ventures and some inroads into the NK economy seems more credible than reunification or the entire family defecting.

But, this is just idle speculation on my part. I didn't guess the ending for MLFTS right either. :D

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Dee.84 said:

On the other hand, the main villain is in NK (Oh Man Seok as Cho Cheol-gang is so good), the second leads are in NK (their characters need to develop/grow more), and the stakes are much higher in NK (life and death, the downfall of RJH's family). There is also death of RJH's brother- I hope Man Bok will finally make a choice (putting his life and family on the line)  to help RJH which will bring down the villain. So unless all the key characters go to SK, there is no reason why the story should move to SK, I think.:crazy:

My take is that the "journey" itself and developments of the characters because of their interactions with each other is  the story itself, and NK is where that happens. 

I second this! Also I can't leave those funny people behind yet- the ducklings, the ahjummas!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I guess it would hypothetically possible if he went over seas and got permission to take the Ducklings as aides or Guards. 

Same here. Although, I want the issues in NK to be resolved first (I will miss the ahjummas tho), I have a feeling at the end of ep 9 or 10 would be in SK already. I remember last week, someone posted a fantaken photo of the ducklings + Manbok in casual clothes. Not sure if it’s during filming or they were just taking a break while filming. Either way, I want JH to bring the ducklings with him in SK too. I can forget about the rest of the people in NK, especially CCK. <_<

Advantages of being in SK:

— Seri can help JH & his ducklings with anything (accommodation, money, clothing ain’t a problem ayyy)

— CCK isn’t there and even if he follows, it’s not his territory and he can’t bring his whole brigade + trucks of doom :rolleyes:

— We get to see JH adjusting to a different lifestyle and oh, more of cute & JEALOUS JH cos Seri has a lot of “men” in Seoul

— Seri gets to be chairwoman of her dad’s company (hopefully)

— JH protecting Seri from her brothers

— Seri introducing JH as her boyfriend (since she dropped the I love you already, let’s make it official)

— JH (and his ducklings) will get to bond with Seri’s assistants (Mr. Hong and the other guy, forgot his name) this would be so cuuute, I want!!

— Seri becoming JH and his ducklings’ stylist (doubt this would happen but I’m here for it. Imagine them in SK style fashion omg)

— Seri playing JH’s song in front of him (I believe she has a piano in her house)

— Seri gets to reunite with stepmom. (I’m curious about how their relationship will improve)

— Ducklings will get to experience the modern and comfortable life (especially Eundong ㅠㅠ)

— Jumeok can dine with his favorite Choi Jiwoo

— Pyo Chisu going crazy with all the different shampoo & conditioner selections in SK (another PPL of HB’s Dr.ForHair)

(I listed it as advantages but in all honesty, these are really just the scenes that I dream to watch lol)

• Like 8
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

Also who did SD call on the public phone?

I think that she called RJH’ dad to schedule a meeting with him.

5 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

If it's SD that has her, I guess she will send her back but I feel she is working with SJ.  SJ plans are not send her back

I think that SD is working in parallel (in separate) with SJ and JH’s dad. 

I don’t think that SD knows where is SR been kept captive by JH’s dad (I think that he is the one who sent those men). 

About SJ, I think that he could end helping SR. He let JH return whitout issues so I don’t think that he is really a bad guy. And since he noticed that both of them truly love each other, maybe he will change to the good side. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, I was thinking about possible happy endings to this drama, and I wondered whether perhaps Se Ri could get special status to go back and forth between countries? She could set up a factory in NK as an economic development perhaps? In RL, the SK government is always pushing for SK conglomerates to form economic ventures in NK in the hopes of creating further bridges between the countries and strongarms chaebol leaders into joining the official delegation for talks and meetings.

If Se Ri could get such special status, she could stay in touch with the village women and the Ducklings as well as being with JH. I would think that JH would have to leave the military, but he might be even encouraged to marry SR then in order to keep SR's ventures firmly involved in NK. I know that this isn't realistic, but this is a drama, and not necessarily RL. I was trying to think of something that wasn't complete and utter fantasy as a way of allowing the OTP to stay together, and not by occasionally meeting furtively in Switzerland, having major political changes such as reunification, or having JH and his entire family become defectors to SK.I say having JH and his family defect because I can't imagine that JH would allow his parents to suffer because he chooses to defect. Some joint ventures and some inroads into the NK economy seems more credible than reunification or the entire family defecting.

But, this is just idle speculation on my part. I didn't guess the ending for MLFTS right either. :D

or we can go the mlfts way of a half and half, and do the “yearly family meetups at the dmz” with SeRi and her child.. but I would cry some buckets if that happened. :tears:

I like the Switzerland idea.. since Seri will probably unlock JH’s piano playing again, he could go back to his past life there and she could be based in Switzerland and Seoul too, managing biz ops from Switzerland..

or somehow Dan and her will team up (after Dan falls in love with SJ, who will probably be happy too since he’s a “businessman” and can finally say he’s in Pyongyang “for beeeshnizz”) for real haha. I don’t know, the fact that both Dan and Seri are in the fashion industry has to speak of something, lol. That would give weight to your own ideas of SeRi having a special pass to NK. 

@kriswu dying at Pyo ChiSu potential shampoo PPL hahahah. His wrecked drunken hair post-blabbermouth was hilarious.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I can't believe this drama is actually making me de-lurk.

Some random thoughts:

1. I really can't imagine how they could end this happily. The only way may be for both of them to re-locate to Switzerland. With what she has gone through and learning what makes her happy, Se-Ri would probably be ready to leave South Korea and her business behind. It will be more difficult for RJH. One way could be that what they find out about the CCK, the watch and how his antique-trading implicates the NK establishment (eg, paying for their apartments) makes him such a liability but they can't kill him because the information is public. So the only thing they can do is to ship him quietly off to Switzerland.

2. I don't think RJH or YSR believe at this stage that they could be together in the long term. Politically impossible. I know some other members have suggested that YSR's chasing after him in the car shows that she changed her mind and wanted to stay with him. She only wanted to make sure that he didn't freeze to death in the snow. And RJH knew that even if she left the house with him, what he needed to do was to get her out of NK.

3. At this stage, the way for YSR to protect RJH is NOT to accept his help to escape. SJ's analysis of the situation was true - if RJH helped her to successfully leave, RJH's life would be in danger. Eg, we know that if she had boarded the plane for the competition, but then disappeared from the delegation, RJH would face consequences. His father already warned him that he had no intention of protecting him.

4. The choice of Switzerland as where they met is not random. Switzerland as a neutral location for NK elites is not without precedent. The current NK leader Kim Jong-un is widely believed to be have spent two years in boarding school in Bern. Kim Il-Sung's son (ie, current NK leader's uncle) has been exiled as a diplomat to multiple Europeans countries.

5. Final thought - Has anyone noticed that the song "The Song You and I used to sing together" has two different versions? One sung by a male (used in Ep 3) and one sung by female (used in Ep 8)? I suppose this is supposed to suggest a RJH and a YSR version. All the OSTs have been so sad, that I hope it doesn't portend a sad ending.

• Like 13

If you have a plan to visit South Korea, below are the place which has a beautiful scenery on CLOY.

CR to: Wondertrip.Inc's IG

• Like 16
  • Love 1