[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

5e1dbb0db565c076730863.jpg?download

Yejin's beauty is more alluring in person like the video capturing her face at the airport travelling to mongolia for a shoot. She has this small face profile yet she prefer to be simple in any projects she is in with a lil make up and lipstick. Love her simplicity. Its like telling to all aspiring man to love me for what i am not who i am:)

• Like 11
  • Love 7

15 hours ago, campanulah said:

I also noticed that, although RJH started speaking to her informally when he came to her in SJ's house. In the hospital after the kiss, he was still referring to her as 'Usted'. This is why I always watch CLOY in Spanish subs the second time bec Spanish also captures the speech levels in Korean, which do not exist in English.  :D

For those who understand Korean, is there also a difference in the way RJH spoke to Se Ri after the kiss? In the Spanish subs on Netflix, it started when RJH went to see her in SJ's house, so basically, starting episode 8. In episode 7, while they were in the hospital room, he was still speaking to her formally.

Not really.. 

They mix both formal and informal speech here and there.. Even the last confession by Seri is using formal speech... 

But they've also been speaking more comfortably compared to the earlier episodes, particularly RJH. They've been calling each other by names (though still with 씨 which is more formal than 야/아)... 

On 1/13/2020 at 6:47 PM, dftio said:

Am I the only one who thinks that our Villain is doing an amazing job at his role? His reprisal as a scheming and cruel North Korean soldier is spot on, not to mention his accent which tops it all off! Just listening to him speak in the scene where he storms in on Sung Joon's residence and threatens to shoot him, leaves me in awe. I mean, I may not know much about the North Korean accent, but compared to even Hyun Bin and Seo Dan (who I feel sometimes let their Seoul accent slip in), Cho Cheol Gang sounds, looks and acts his part perfectly, down to a T.

He may be disliked, and trust me, he irks me too! But having a villain who truly seems threatening and riles the audience up is central to the success of the drama. I mentioned this before but if we compare both of Park Ji Eun's previous similar works, LOTBS and YWCFTS, the villain in the latter played a huge role as it really drew the audience in and made us sit nervously on the edges of our seat each week as we worried about our leads (and if anything, catapulted Shin Sung Rok to stardom too!) In comparison, the villain in LOTBS was slightly weaker, and eliminated far too easily, which was one of the gripes some fans of the drama had. Cudos to our villain!

Yes yes yes. Oh Man Seok is so amazing and versatile. I cannot really pinpoint NK accents either, but Oh Man Seok seems to have this gift of creating distinctive way of speaking and behaving as the villain, down to the way he stare, walk, and talk. He's scared me to death but I can't stop watching him... So amazing. 

I liked the villain in MLFTS as well. SSR is also so versatile and I still think he's much better in darker roles than comedic ones...

PS: Both actors are more known in musicals. They both have amazing voices haha

• Like 11
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone ! 

I’m new here and I crash landed here because of HyunBin oppa and Son Ye Jin Unnie. :blush:

I enjoyed watching this kdrama thoroughly and have watched all episodes up till the latest episode 8 . Am so excited to have stumbled on this show as it has been very entertaining watching the comedy , romance, suspense and all the action. It has also been really fun reading some of your comments, analysis, feedbacks, updates, musings of how swoon-worthy RJH is in the show... 

I can’t wait till the weekend to see what happens next! RJH and YSR definitely has expressed explicitly their interest for each other in the last moments of episode 8 and am excited to see how their relationship will be taken to the next level now that more is at stake. Hope he finds her soon. ( that gunshot definitely did not kill her btw) 

meanwhile I can’t help but wonder if either RJH or YSR actually remembers their numerous encounters back  in Switzerland: 

1. YSR and RJH admiring the paragliders from a spot 

2. YSR wanting to commit suicide at the bridge but got distracted by RJH’s request to take his photo 

3. She was on boat and heard him playing the piano by the pier . 

Did all of this happened during one trip? Or they met at a different time hence the non disclosure of their identity(in NK). Or if could just simply be characteristics of a kdrama. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

They mix both formal and informal speech here and there.. Even the last confession by Seri is using formal speech...

Oh I see. Thank u for your imputs!

Maybe they have been swinging  between formal and informal due to their inner fight (fighting to maintain a distance since they know that they will part ways one day or another). So heartbreaking :heartbreak:

• Like 7

love this chapter and the farewell of SR in the next chapter the family of RJ and SD will see what he is capable of doing for love I think RJ's father will accept SR when she helps find the person responsible for the death of his son

I hope that if the rumors are false does not affect their friendship and they will distance themselves, it shows that they get along very well

• Like 9

Hello, silent lurker here. I really like HB but this is the first time I see SYJ drama. I saw some of her movies, but normally she is just ok for me. This drama really show the difference between A Lister with idol drama.

Anyway... unpopular personal thought.. I hope they do not reunite in NK. The matter of fact, I hope SR is shipped to SK, so HB can follow her to SK. I think it will be a great development of the drama rather than circling on the 'how to get Seri back to SK' plot.

plot twist: the drama might end in unification and Joo muk got his date with Choi Ji Woo.. ;) 

the drama might end in unification. this will be a very out of the box ending. ;)

By the way... i saw from drama list, there will be guest appearance by Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Seung Gi too on the top of Kim Soo Hyun... OMG!

Screenshot-2020-01-15-01-22-41.png

• Like 5

Long-time lurker but this drama is too awesome for me to remain in the backseat. I want to join in the convo too. :) 

But, first, does anybody know the song that was played when Seri, JH, and the ducklings were having clam bulgogi and soju? 

I love that scene and the song just adds to the camaraderie between the main leads and the ducklings. I’ve been searching YT for days now. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

I'm hoping the father kidnapped her so she can go back.

I am hoping the same as this would make it somewhat easier for JH to retrieve Seri. But if this in fact was the case, it could potentially make it more difficult for JH's father to remove himself from the situation. If he does not surrender Seri, then he becomes an accomplice to JH. If he surrenders Seri, then he in effect would be incriminating JH. Either way seems like a lose-lose situation. If he has Seri, I can see him with 2 options which will save both him and JH - kill her or return her to SK secretly. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I am hoping the same as this would make it somewhat easier for JH to retrieve Seri. But if this in fact was the case, it could potentially make it more difficult for JH's father to remove himself from the situation. If he does not surrender Seri, then he becomes an accomplice to JH. If he surrenders Seri, then he in effect would be incriminating JH. Either way seems like a lose-lose situation. If he has Seri, I can see him with 2 options which will save both him and JH - kill her or return her to SK secretly. 

I say the latter...return her secretly 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Been lurking and reading most of the posts but the thread is moving fast it is hard to keep up. Just want to share my thoughts on the drama that we all love.:)

For me, Seri's  return to SK  marks the beginning of the end of the series because  there is practically nothing for her in SK, well except "Seri's Choice". Her issues with her family can be easily resolved upon her return to SK. Taking from the first ep, it seems that she knows how to handle them.

On the other hand, the main villain is in NK (Oh Man Seok as Cho Cheol-gang is so good), the second leads are in NK (their characters need to develop/grow more), and the stakes are much higher in NK (life and death, the downfall of RJH's family). There is also death of RJH's brother- I hope Man Bok will finally make a choice (putting his life and family on the line)  to help RJH which will bring down the villain. So unless all the key characters go to SK, there is no reason why the story should move to SK, I think.:crazy:

My take is that the "journey" itself and developments of the characters because of their interactions with each other is  the story itself, and NK is where that happens. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

9 minutes ago, Dee.84 said:

For me, Seri's  return to SK  marks the beginning of the end of the series

Ditto.

I think that she will be able to return around ep 14 (and that goodbye will be heartbreaking to see!). Then ep 15/16 the plot could move again to Switzerland.

The happy ending that I am waiting is both of them in Switzerland, where he can play piano again,... oh! And with his squad please! :love:  I know that I ask to much hehe

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Oh good. At least, we'll get 2 episodes before we have to sit it out for an extra week. I'm really curious to know who kidnapped Se Ri and for what purpose. Plus, I want to see JH find SR again.

Also, may I suggest that we table discussions regarding scandals from this thread? The purpose of this thread is mainly to discuss the drama itself, not the real life issues of the stars of the drama or to comment on such. Discussions about any scandals can be taken to the actors' personal threads.

Please note that off topic posts are frequently removed from the thread by moderators.

Thank you for writing this. I concur, scandal whatsoever, is not related to CLoY.

• Like 4